The Letters and the Secret Evidence

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
relevant statements of the Defendent...hmmm...relevant to what pray tell? This murder case or some OTHER case involved?

LE will view things as relevant that we will not nesecarily notice. The letters could be more pure unadulterated KC bullsh@t, in fact they probably are. But they are comitted to paper with a trail that puts them as coming from her. Even if they are just another stream of bs (nanny, stranger on the street, JG, whatever) chances are the story she tells vastly differs from what she told investigators at the begining.

To put this another way. Even if she chooses not to testify at trial, these letters will do it for her. There will be almost no way to exclude them. They are either a confession or they are another lie. If a lie it will be easy enough for LE to prove. And if they are more KC bullsh@t it is almost as damning as if they were a confession. Because they are her handwriting, her words directly, and I would bet the content of the letters does not match the one that LE recorded her telling back at universal. It quite possibly puts her lies in front of the jury by her own hand, not through someone elses testimony.

That could be damning.

I found it weird that when JS brought up the unsealed motion at the hearing on Thursday KC almost seemed like she thought it was funny. She kind of smirked right away and folded her hands over her mouth to cover it up. Then AL and LKB started laughing whispering things to her and laughing/smiling. Did anyone else notice this? Sometimes I feel like KC will laugh and smile so people think her actions don't bother her at all and she isn't the least bit worried of the repercussions (ie her little smirk when she first got arrested at the police station and was being led in handcuffs). I'm sure she has to be but just doesn't want anyone to think so.

I haven't had a chance to watch the entire hearing from 3/18 yet, I have it on DVR and I think it's online, so I haven't yet seen the reaction from the defense when the letters were brought up. I assume it's toward the end of the hearing? I want to go look for it.

A question I have is.. what about the return letters? Casey couldn't have written 50 UNANSWERED letters, could she? Are they allowed to go into Casey's cell and get the letters that were written TO her by the inmates? Because they may contain questions that were asked of her, that Casey answered in her letters to the inmates. It would be interesting to see both sides of the conversation.

Also, how would this fare for the person on the outside who received the letters? I hope they wouldn't go after him/her for concealing evidence or anything that drastic. I know if somebody mailed me those Casey letters from prison, I'd take them straight to the authorities. But would that mean I'd be OBLIGATED BY LAW to do that?

A question I have is.. what about the return letters? Casey couldn't have written 50 UNANSWERED letters, could she? Are they allowed to go into Casey's cell and get the letters that were written TO her by the inmates? Because they may contain questions that were asked of her, that Casey answered in her letters to the inmates. It would be interesting to see both sides of the conversation.
snipped by me

They most certainly can and probably have searched her cel. A prisoner has no real expectation of privacy, all correspondence, etc. is read by prison staff prior to it being forwarded to prisoner, so illicit notes would certainly be something prison officials would be well within their rights to search for.

It is my bet they already have but did not find them. Just because one side of the conversation was saved does not mean the other was. I feel Casey destroyed the notes she received after reading them. She is in prison, no privacy, limited places to hide an evergrowing stack of notes, and there would be no reason for her to keep them.

The other writer, however, had every reason (she was, after all, corresponding with the infamous Casey Anthony).

A Florida Department of Law Enforcement investigation found that Casey befriended two inmates in dorm L, Maya Derkovic and Robyn Adams. Derkovic later admitted to choking a 15-year-old girl to death while someone else held her down. Adams was convicted of federal drug charges, along with her husband, a former Altamonte Springs police officer.Investigators say they have 50 notes and letters Casey passed to Adams, apparently with the guard's help. They say Adams gave those letters to a mysterious third party.
http://www.wftv.com/news/22912545/detail.html

BBM

Now, why would a guard risk his job and security to help a prisoner? What exactly was in it for him? Makes me wonder? :waitasec:

Now, why would a guard risk his job and security to help a prisoner? What exactly was in it for him? Makes me wonder? :waitasec:

Good question, why do guards do any of the things they do that risk their jobs? Perhaps, money, although Casey claims indigence so probably not in this case. We know that Casey uses her sexuality and enjoys male attention, a lot. Perhaps flirty behavior, or more, who knows. Depends on whether her guards were male or female. If female, perhaps she struck up some sort of friendship with one. There are many possibilities. I can't wait to find out the who of it so we can figure out the why of it.

BBM

Me too! KC is pretty good at manipulating some men though, I think. She certainly had an impact on JB at the beginning of his association with her, and her repugnant personality aside, she is a cute enough girl. I agree that she's a total sociopath though, and can come across as very charming. I don't find it too surprising she was able to work her magic with a prison guard. I guess I'm assuming the guard is male here. I don't think her wiles are as effective with females.

snipped by me

They most certainly can and probably have searched her cel. A prisoner has no real expectation of privacy, all correspondence, etc. is read by prison staff prior to it being forwarded to prisoner, so illicit notes would certainly be something prison officials would be well within their rights to search for.

It is my bet they already have but did not find them. Just because one side of the conversation was saved does not mean the other was. I feel Casey destroyed the notes she received after reading them. She is in prison, no privacy, limited places to hide an evergrowing stack of notes, and there would be no reason for her to keep them.

The other writer, however, had every reason (she was, after all, corresponding with the infamous Casey Anthony).

ITA. And what do you want to bet this other inmate promised to destroy Casey's letters, so Casey thought she was safe and the letters would never come up. Oops, somebody lied and it wasn't Casey. How about them apples, Casey? How does it feel to get a taste of your own medicine?

If the guard was female she may have done it because she enjoyed being part of the secret with someone as notorious as Casey, some people will do some pretty dumb things to be associated with someone who's acheived celebrity status. It will certainly be interesting to find out who and what motivated them, that's for sure!

Very true! I guess Casey is a "real celebrity" to some people.

Here's my question . . . I wonder how this inmate got the 50 letters into someone else's hands without someone @ the jail noticing they were from kc? If the inmate sent them by snail mail, why wouldn't jail staff notice that prior to sending (as I understand all incoming and outgoing mail from jail is subject to scrutiny). How could the inmate give the letters to an outside person at a visitation if all visits are via tv screen and not actual physical contact? I agree that a guard may have helped to sneak them between inmates, but how does one inmate (now in Fed prison) get those letters out? Any thoughts?

could it be that the letters were given to another inmate who was incarcerated with the 2 of them and that person was released from jail and got to take them home? could it be that the person holding the letters (outside of the jail) is actually a jail employee?

Here's my question . . . could it be that the letters were given to another inmate who was incarcerated with the 2 of them and that person was released from jail and got to take them home? could it be that the person holding the letters (outside of the jail) is actually a jail employee?

respectfully snipped and BBM

I believe the notes may have been taken out of the jail by a guard. If they were taken out by some other means, that info would probably have already been determined and released. I think that may be part of the "secrecy" of this evidence. LE and the prison admistration would have wanted lead time to investigate and ascertain guard involvement in this note passing/smuggling items out of prison activity.

I've GOT IT! JB will reveal at trial that KC was an undercover agent working with DEA to bust these drug dealers in Chuluota. They found out she was undercover and held a gun to her head and made her kill her own child.

THAT'S the very compelling information he's been withholding until trial.
What ya think?
Do I watch too much TV?
Or have I just been involved in this CRAZY AZZ CASE waaaay too long!

I haven't had a chance to watch the entire hearing from 3/18 yet, I have it on DVR and I think it's online, so I haven't yet seen the reaction from the defense when the letters were brought up. I assume it's toward the end of the hearing? I want to go look for it.

Also, how would this fare for the person on the outside who received the letters? I hope they wouldn't go after him/her for concealing evidence or anything that drastic. I know if somebody mailed me those Casey letters from prison, I'd take them straight to the authorities. But would that mean I'd be OBLIGATED BY LAW to do that?

If they passed letters back to Kc, they have already had the oppurtunity to see them. They have also broken the law. So, illigally obtained and illegally given. Never sees the light of day in a court room . IMO

Here's my question . . . I wonder how this inmate got the 50 letters into someone else's hands without someone @ the jail noticing they were from kc? If the inmate sent them by snail mail, why wouldn't jail staff notice that prior to sending (as I understand all incoming and outgoing mail from jail is subject to scrutiny). How could the inmate give the letters to an outside person at a visitation if all visits are via tv screen and not actual physical contact? I agree that a guard may have helped to sneak them between inmates, but how does one inmate (now in Fed prison) get those letters out? Any thoughts?

could it be that the letters were given to another inmate who was incarcerated with the 2 of them and that person was released from jail and got to take them home? could it be that the person holding the letters (outside of the jail) is actually a jail employee?

Perhaps Adams Lawyer took them outside the jail. I believe that is totally legal. IMO

If they passed letters back to Kc, they have already had the oppurtunity to see them. They have also broken the law. So, illigally obtained and illegally given. Never sees the light of day in a court room . IMO

I believe this is a violation of a jail policy and not a violation of the law. Two very different things. We could post this type of question on the lawyer thread to see what they think. Earlier in the thread, there was talk about it being admissible and I tend to agree with that train of thought. I don't believe that it is illegal to have the letters and not to have given them to LE. No one violated the law. They violated policy.

faefrost's post #202 on this thread explains it pretty well.

Perhaps Adams Lawyer took them outside the jail. I believe that is totally legal. IMO

Wow, I just had a duh duh dur moment. I had not even thought about the attorney angle - me! LOL, I swear this case is making me lose what is left of my mind.

The ONLY mail that is not gone through is LEGAL MAIL. If an inmate and their attorney are corresponding, the have only to put CONFIDENTIAL LEGAL MAIL on the envelope and I believe they are afforded privacy.

Perhaps the notes from Casey to the other inmate were mailed to inmates attorney marked as LEGAL along with a request to forward the notes on to the unnamed third party.

I cannot not believe I had a brain fart that freekin big!

We could also check this with one of the WS lawyers to make sure I am correct (I am afterall not an attorney just his secretary:)

LE will view things as relevant that we will not nesecarily notice. The letters could be more pure unadulterated KC bullsh@t, in fact they probably are. But they are comitted to paper with a trail that puts them as coming from her. Even if they are just another stream of bs (nanny, stranger on the street, JG, whatever) chances are the story she tells vastly differs from what she told investigators at the begining.

To put this another way. Even if she chooses not to testify at trial, these letters will do it for her. There will be almost no way to exclude them. They are either a confession or they are another lie. If a lie it will be easy enough for LE to prove. And if they are more KC bullsh@t it is almost as damning as if they were a confession. Because they are her handwriting, her words directly, and I would bet the content of the letters does not match the one that LE recorded her telling back at universal. It quite possibly puts her lies in front of the jury by her own hand, not through someone elses testimony.

That could be damning.

Just speculating too, but we have no idea what is in those letters. Just about anything said could be relevant. It could be something as simple as love letters or flirting letters, Valentines day cards, Christmas cards. All she had to say to make all of them relevant would be I miss my daughter, or my daughter lost a tooth at 18 months. They could be talking about football. There are a lot of things to talk about other than the case.

If they were obtained illegally and I would hope the Lawyers let us know, then they can't use them. I am sure Jb will be putting in a motion to seal them soon. IMO

If the guard was female she may have done it because she enjoyed being part of the secret with someone as notorious as Casey, some people will do some pretty dumb things to be associated with someone who's acheived celebrity status. It will certainly be interesting to find out who and what motivated them, that's for sure!

I have a friend that used to be a prison gaurd there in Portage Wisconsin. He said that Jefferey Dahmer used to tell him he should be put in the front of the line at the prison store because he is Jefferey Dahmer. He acted real notorious. He said other guards had let him go to the front of the line.

The guy that killed Jeffery was the craftsman that used to make leather utility belts for the gaurds. My friend was next in line to get a utility belt from this guy, he even had already paid him. But after he killed Jefferey they transferred him. He also said that the location where Jefferey was killed in was the only place left without a video camera and they had requested for 2 years to have a camera put there. Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay