The message on the door

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But now that I think about it, why didn't Anne Bremner release the picture of the door?

But now that I think about it, why didn't Anne Bremner release the picture of the door?

I am not sure she ever had it. I wonder if there is anything special about the lettering-why didn't police want public to see it? Seem like police really went out of the way to not let public know what the message was and not let public see this message. Why?

And it bears repeating, if SDSO was concerned with RZ's and her family's privacy, why did they leave her nude body out in the sun in plain view of the public for several hours?

ITA. I personally find the idea that police didn't release this message because they were concerned about Rebecca's privacy to be laughable. That message is a riddle. It doesn't reveal anything private about Rebecca. Furthermore, her sister and Bremner revealed the contents of it. So why not release it to the public?

I am not sure she ever had it. I wonder if there is anything special about the lettering-why didn't police want public to see it? Seem like police really went out of the way to not let public know what the message was and not let public see this message. Why?

In the thread "the case for murder" in october of last year you can find the discussion on the unusual block lettering on the door that apparently resembles JS signature on corporate reports. it is in posts mid700s. There is also a poster that did a handwriting analysis of his writing. Sure beats me why the mystery of ever showing the door by sheriff offiice.

Anne B has been put on notice by SDSO to not do a peicemeal release of evidence so that would explain why she's not releasing anything i would guess.

In the thread "the case for murder" in october of last year you can find the discussion on the unusual block lettering on the door that apparently resembles JS signature on corporate reports. it is in posts mid700s. There is also a poster that did a handwriting analysis of his writing. Sure beats me why the mystery of ever showing the door by sheriff offiice.

Anne B has been put on notice by SDSO to not do a peicemeal release of evidence so that would explain why she's not releasing anything i would guess.

The way I saw it AB came straight out and told the publc the things SDSO were hinting at... the asian bondage *advertiser censored* viewed on the computer... she also told the public about the journal entry on RZ's phone and that it was NOT hers... but a friend of hers... and called the investigation work shoddy...

AB did clam up right after all the documentation by her investigation team was given to the AG's office... she even deleted a FB entry... not wanting to jeopordize that situaton...

It has been many months since the AG's office recieved that information and I hope they will soon announce that a new investigation is warranted. At least it was not dismissed immediately like the SDSO and the DA's office did.

Very exciting as Rudoy mentioned they are expecting a response from the
AG soon and now the Sept. 11th Dr. Phil show.....ugh... Dr. Phil... but he did help in paying for that autopsy...by Dr. Welcht.

They have a photo of the door and writing, as well as paint samples. There was no need to keep it, IMO.

They have a photo of the door and writing, as well as paint samples. There was no need to keep it, IMO.

Yet they still have RZ's phone and computer. Hmmm. Did we ever ascertain if the chandelier link and ring from the MS investigation were returned. If these items are important enough to retain why not the message on the door?

Yet they still have RZ's phone and computer. Hmmm. Did we ever ascertain if the chandelier link and ring from the MS investigation were returned. If these items are important enough to retain why not the message on the door?

Just this fact alone -- that SDSO refuses to return private property of Rebecca's to her family -- even after they ruled her death a suicide and closed the case shows clear bias and discriminatory behavior on part of the SDSO. It is unheard of in any closed cases where the property of the victim and decedent are not returned to the victim's next-of-kin. Unheard of.

If I were the Zahaus, I would bring a lawsuit against the SDSO for corruption and bias.

Someone obviously wanted the door returned to the mansion, possibly out of concern for any other evidence it may contain. Since the mansion has been completely remodeled since then, it stands to reason someone may have wanted to exercise full control of all the mansion property to ensure it was properly scrubbed of evidence.

It sounds like the kind of advice a shrewd attorney would offer. JMO.

Someone obviously wanted the door returned to the mansion, possibly out of concern for any other evidence it may contain. Since the mansion has been completely remodeled since then, it stands to reason someone may have wanted to exercise full control of all the mansion property to ensure it was properly scrubbed of evidence.

If JS fabricated a false sale of his house (which is now apparently proven) to prevent the Zahau's first-hand investigation of the premises, isn't he smart enough to realize the public will see that as a self-protection maneuver which is then deduced to show his complicity somehow in Rebecca's death? How can he be so smart and on the other hand so dumb?

Is the potential fall-out of public perception less damaging than taking the chance of something being found in the house?

If JS fabricated a false sale of his house (which is now apparently proven) to prevent the Zahau's first-hand investigation of the premises, isn't he smart enough to realize the public will see that as a self-protection maneuver which is then deduced to show his complicity somehow in Rebecca's death? How can he be so smart and on the other hand so dumb?

Is the potential fall-out of public perception less damaging than taking the chance of something being found in the house?

My guess is that he's less concerned about public opinion than he is about shutting down both cases and locking up any evidence from outside viewers. He can probably manage public perceptions and media coverage and any negative impact would be minimal on the opinions of Wall Street and the investor community. The biggest concerns of the latter would be a scenario in which he is tied up in a lengthy trial or investigation that would take him away from the day to day operations of his corporate interests.

From the night Rebecca died, it seemed there was a coordinated effort launched for crisis control. A comprehensive, detailed plan seemed to be developed and activated very quickly, beginning with the discovery of RZ and the contacting of LE.

If true, they did an exemplary job of shutting down both investigations and taking control of evidence and the crime scene. The ruling of accident for MS and suicide for RZ was a masterstroke in completely shutting down the investigation and removing any evidence or details from public view. It made things easier for SDSO.

Lash posted the following excerpt from Dina's letter to CPD re their refusal to reopen Maxie's case, in another thread (thanks, Lash!):

>>>snip
Quote:
I truly believed in the COPD, the SDSD, and the investigatory processes of Law Enforcement and the Medical Examiner's Office. I believed your letters to me were sincere, heartfeit, an<i true. It now appears my trust was decidedly misplaced, and neither you nor Sheriff Gore have honored your commitments to me. Not only have you failed to properly investigate and pursue justice both in the original investigation and in considering my request to reopen the case, but you have made glaring mistakes - including but not limited to the items I have already addressed in this letter, but also among other things: (1) in collecting but not processing DNA undemeath Max's fingernails; (2) misplacing evidence from the evidence locker, i.e. the link that connected the chandelier to the chain that was photographed and retrieved at the scene; and (3) retrieving "evidence" from the garbage can at the home where Maxie suffered his injuries five days after the incident and one day after CPS called you. And why, by the way, did Detective Atkins direct CPS not to call me after they were contacted about Max by doctors at Rady Children's Hospital on Thursday, July 14,2011? This instruction to CPS by Detective Adkins is documented.

http://www.maxshacknai.com/wp-conten...se_To_COPD.pdf

<<<snip

According to Dina, then, the chandelier link and ring evidence has been "misplaced from the evidence locker".

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
Albert Einstein

The Spreckels is a historical home. Remember all the trouble with the planning commission/city counsel Jonah had while trying to remodel?

Bet the planning commission/city counsel said the door had to be back in place and painted by a certain date. Red tape and all.

Anne Bremner has all the files. She has the picture of the door. Why hasn't she released it? Because it can be shown that Rebecca did it?

The way I saw it AB came straight out and told the publc the things SDSO were hinting at... the asian bondage *advertiser censored* viewed on the computer... she also told the public about the journal entry on RZ's phone and that it was NOT hers... but a friend of hers... and called the investigation work shoddy...

AB did clam up right after all the documentation by her investigation team was given to the AG's office... she even deleted a FB entry... not wanting to jeopordize that situaton...

It has been many months since the AG's office recieved that information and I hope they will soon announce that a new investigation is warranted. At least it was not dismissed immediately like the SDSO and the DA's office did.

Very exciting as Rudoy mentioned they are expecting a response from the
AG soon and now the Sept. 11th Dr. Phil show.....ugh... Dr. Phil... but he did help in paying for that autopsy...by Dr. Welcht.

IMO, she deleted a FB entry...not wanting to be sued for slander.

The Spreckels is a historical home. Remember all the trouble with the planning commission/city counsel Jonah had while trying to remodel?

Bet the planning commission/city counsel said the door had to be back in place and painted by a certain date. Red tape and all.

Sounds like a good excuse, but not an accurate one. The mansion has undergone extensive remodeling numerous times in the past and present. If you look at the photos of the foyer, you can see where new doors were added, including the one that led to the downstairs bathroom. You know, the contemporary design one that looks like it came out of a used office supply store?

Jonah was able to replace that door, so the quite dirty, ugly bedroom door would not be considered a historic artifact according to Jonah's standards.

Those who appear to have had some substantial contact with Shacknai locally did so through his handling of his properties. Though some said they spotted the steeliness that made Medicis such a success, they also said he was never brutal in his dealings.

Realtor Lou Ann Williams first met Shacknai 12 years ago. &#8220;He was a valued client, top notch,&#8221; she said. &#8220;He had his expertise and I had mine, and we managed to make it work.&#8221;

The last property he bought with Williams was the Spreckels mansion, a sprawling, but aging compound with a storied past.

&#8220;It gave him a chance to do what he liked best, preserve something for future generations,&#8221; Williams said.

Another agent, Scott Aurich, sold Shacknai the mansion. He said Shacknai's feelings for his children were clear.

&#8220;What he really cared about was his son. Family mattered to him,&#8221; Aurich said.

Over the last four years, Shacknai met with the city's Historic Resources Commission five times to discuss changes he wanted at the mansion.

They included replacing the original windows with French doors, and adding a master bedroom and a hydraulic roof. His request for the doors was granted eight months ago.

He came back again in May seeking changes to the guest house, caretakers quarters and the garage. Those were approved as well.

The Spreckels mansion was declared a historic resource in 2006, making any owners who promised to maintain it eligible for tax breaks. Shacknai bought the house for $13 million the next year. It was assessed at $7 million, greatly reducing his tax burden. Property taxes are based on the assessed value.

With that benefit, however, comes increased scrutiny. Shacknai or his representatives frequently had to meet with members of the city commission that reviews proposed changes to properties with historic designations. The group also appeared before the City Council.

&#8220;He always came armed with his attorney and his architect, complete with expensive color binders and drawings, sparing no expense,&#8221; recalled Doug St. Denis, a commissioner who was very critical of Shacknai's plans for Spreckels.

&#8220;He had absolutely no respect for the historical architecture he became steward of,&#8221; she said.

Public opposition was near unanimous, &#8220;and sometimes personal,&#8221; St. Denis noted, but Shacknai did not lose his composure.

&#8220;He was always gracious,&#8221; she said.

Another commissioner who supported Shacknai's plans was lavish in her praise.

&#8220;He is one of the most wonderful people I&#8217;ve ever dealt with. He was congenial, professional and upfront in his dealings with us,&#8221; Laura Crenshaw said. &#8220;He was trying to make a home for a modern family.&#8221;

Mayor Casey Tanaka, an initial opponent of Shacknai's plans, came around to &#8220;appreciating his vision.&#8221;

Before the council voted, Shacknai met with Tanaka at Café 1134. The mayor remembers the conversation as &#8220;cordial and friendly.&#8221;

After they discussed the mansion, Shacknai talked about his years as a congressional staffer, other historic homes and about &#8220;his pride and passion for the homes he had owned,&#8221; Tanaka recalled.

http://coronado.patch.com/articles/shacknai-renovation-plans-drew-opponents-in-coronado-not-enemies

Well it seems, in the interest of a murder investigation, it shouldn't have been a problem for SDSO to have kept the door as evidence.

Jonah wouldn't have had a problem in finding a replacement door. It wasn't an unusual or particularly decorative style. Go to any antique or restoration store and you'll find them by the dozens.

I recall the style from one my grandparents used as the door to a shed behind their house. Very common.

http://www.redicecreations.com/ul_img/16709door.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member