The most notorious unsolved crime in your area

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wisconsin

Deidre Harm went missing in Wisconsin Rapids. LE received a tip to check out a guy jailed on the suspicion of involvement in two missing person cases in Missouri that had similarities with Harm’s as well as the fact that he was known to frequent Wisconsin Rapids. Unfortunately he was never questioned as he killed himself before that could happen.

And, The Dane County Doe. His remains were found in the chimney of a music store. The case was cold from the get-go and LE assumed he might have thought the chimney was easy access to the store and tried to rob the place. Others believe he might have been the victim of a hate crime as he was found in feminine clothing and therefore might have been transgender. The FBI worked on the case into the 90s but he still hasn’t even been identified.

This article describes the case as well as several others that took place in Wisconsin, in case you’ve already exhausted info about Dahmer, Bundy, and the Slenderman stabbings.

Wisconsin

Deidre Harm went missing in Wisconsin Rapids. LE received a tip to check out a guy jailed on the suspicion of involvement in two missing person cases in Missouri that had similarities with Harm’s as well as the fact that he was known to frequent Wisconsin Rapids. Unfortunately he was never questioned as he killed himself before that could happen.

And, The Dane County Doe. His remains were found in the chimney of a music store. The case was cold from the get-go and LE assumed he might have thought the chimney was easy access to the store and tried to rob the place. Others believe he might have been the victim of a hate crime as he was found in feminine clothing and therefore might have been transgender. The FBI worked on the case into the 90s but he still hasn’t even been identified.

This article describes the case as well as several others that took place in Wisconsin, in case you’ve already exhausted info about Dahmer, Bundy, and the Slenderman stabbings.
In the link, I meant Gein, not Bundy. I typed that up really late at night lol.

Georgia has a fair share:

Wayne Williams and the Atlanta Child Murders of the early 1980s. It's like LE just "closed" 22 murder cases without necessarily finding the perp.

Williams has spent the last 40 years in prison convicted of murdering two men, while being presumed guilty of murdering 22 children, also famously known as the Atlanta Child Murders, from 1979 to 1981.

The investigation into those killings was reopened a year-and-a-half ago. But his attorney told 11Alive's Kaitlyn Ross they still don't have any answers.

Quote from:

Another GA murder is one from a year & a half ago, Katherine Janness & her dog. Just so gruesome, so many knife wounds, patterns, etc., all done in a public park in Atlanta late at night. Her pit bull was murdered alongside her.

Shirley & Russell Dermond:

On May 6, 2014 — after they hadn’t shown up for a neighbor’s Kentucky Derby party three days earlier —concerned friends, a husband and wife, stopped by the Dermond house on Carolyn Drive. The front door was unlocked.

Inside, in the Dermonds’ two-car garage, the body of 88-year-old Russell J. “Russ” Dermond was lying in a small pool of blood between the couple’s Lexus SUV and Lincoln Town Car. His head had been cut off.

Shirley Wilcox Dermond, 87, was nowhere to be found. A week and half would pass before fishermen discovered her body in the lake. By water, the spot she surfaced was about five miles from her house. She had been weighed down with concrete blocks that were bound to a rope around her legs. She had not been decapitated and appeared to have been killed by a blow to the head.

What remains more than five years later is a cold case that has to this point defied explanation.

Read more at: https://www.macon.com/news/local/crime/article238659588.html#storylink=cpy

I am sure there are other notorious unsolved murders in Georgia....

Awe. Just realized this was supposed to be about cold cases. Not exactly cold, but it is bizarre and worth diving into if you have not heard about this one:

Texas: Houston
Candyman Lost Boys Serial Killer Dean Corll 1970-1973
This case that has everything:

Serial killer - at least 27 boys
Men killing boys
Disappearing boys who were never found
Parents contacting police and getting nowhere
Police denial of crimes
Accomplices who assist Dean and eventually shoot him
Bizarre crime scenes where the accomplices go on digs with police
Inmates digging up bodies and assisting at crime scenes

John Wayne Gacy got his ideas from Dean Corll

Texas runner up: Henry Lee Lucas The bizarre crime that wasn't. All news and more news which turned into the Henry Lee Lucas show
Wow I read the Lost Boys. Thanks for posting the link. What a powerful work! Heartbreaking for those families.

Awe. Just realized this was supposed to be about cold cases. Not exactly cold, but it is bizarre and worth diving into if you have not heard about this one:

Texas: Houston
Candyman Lost Boys Serial Killer Dean Corll 1970-1973
This case that has everything:

Serial killer - at least 27 boys
Men killing boys
Disappearing boys who were never found
Parents contacting police and getting nowhere
Police denial of crimes
Accomplices who assist Dean and eventually shoot him
Bizarre crime scenes where the accomplices go on digs with police
Inmates digging up bodies and assisting at crime scenes

John Wayne Gacy got his ideas from Dean Corll

That was absolutely jaw-dropping and heartbreaking to read. Thanks for posting the article so that people can remember the victims and their families.

Nominating Robert Fisher for Arizona.

The FBI's Worst Of The Worst
"The children's and even Mary's throats were slit so deep that they were almost decapitated. And Mary Fisher was shot in the head," said Robert Caldwell, a FBI special agent in the Phoenix office. "And, in the house, it was found to have been rigged to blow up, to cover up the homicide."

Jon Benet are we ever going to know the truth about what happen to this ill girl. Such a very sad story and such media coverage but yet till this day no answers
I watched a very good video on Youtube about the JonBenet case, it was done by cold case detective/police officer/FBI Task Force Officer, Kenneth Mains. His Youtube Channel is called "Unsolved No More" (the video was done about a year ago), he sticks to the facts, is very professional... it was very interesting, revealed a lot (to me anyway) about who might have done it, sticking to just facts and evidence. I would link it here but I don't think it is approved here (?), but if you search Youtube, you will find it, it was by far the best discussion on the JonBenet Ramsey case, and it totally changed my mind about the case.

So they say.

If that is actually confirmed, what would then become California's most notorious unsolved case?

Maybe Natalie Wood?

The Black Dahlia?

How about the Santa Rosa hitchhiker murders?

The Keddie Cabin Murders?

Bob Crane?

I'm sure there are many more that should be considered. Anyone have an opinion?
California has a lot I’m just saying

I watched a very good video on Youtube about the JonBenet case, it was done by cold case detective/police officer/FBI Task Force Officer, Kenneth Mains. His Youtube Channel is called "Unsolved No More" (the video was done about a year ago), he sticks to the facts, is very professional... it was very interesting, revealed a lot (to me anyway) about who might have done it, sticking to just facts and evidence. I would link it here but I don't think it is approved here (?), but if you search Youtube, you will find it, it was by far the best discussion on the JonBenet Ramsey case, and it totally change

Wisconsin

I'm convinced that Bonnie Repinski is buried under Highway 41...(Now I-41) A few miles south of Appleton. This bridge was being built when she disappeared in August 1975. At that time, the site was full of construction debri everywhere. She allegedly disappeared about a mile south of the construction site. Jimmy Hoffa had disappeared a few weeks earlier.

11:00 a.m., November 30, 1975 saw the opening of the Roland Kampo Bridge which linked US 41 to Menasha across Little Lake Butte des Morts. Otherwise known locally as "The (edited local nickname) Connection," it was the first link in what became known as the Tri-County Expressway. Originally designated as County Trunk Q, in the mid 1980's, it was redesignated as part of State Hwy 441 with the further development of the expressway project.

Repinski was last seen in Menasha, Wisconsin on August 11, 1975. She had lived in Sheboygan, Wisconsin, but several months before her disappearance she separated from her husband and filed for divorce. She was living with her sister in Menasha while the divorce was pending.

On the day of her disappearance, she went out with her husband; he had said he wanted to take her out for her birthday and talk about their divorce. They went to several taverns in the Neenah and Oshkosh, Wisconsin areas.

Repinski's husband stated that while was driving her back to her sister's Menasha residence, they got in an argument and she asked to be let out of the car at U.S. 41 and State Route 150. He last saw her walking in the direction of home. She left behind three children and has never been heard from again.

Authorities believe Repinski was the victim of a homicide. Her case remains unsolved.

I lived about 1/4 mile from where she disappeared.

100+years.jpg

Kansas: The baffling disappearance of Randy Leach

In 1988, Randy Leach, a teenager from Leavenworth County, disappeared from a high school party and has never been found. What makes the case stranger is there’d been rumors of satanic cult activity in the county in the days before Randy’s disappearance, and the party site had been cleaned meticulously before investigators arrived; soon after, it burned to the ground. Most people who’ve cooperated in the investigation have turned up dead, and county officials decline to pursue further leads. There are theories about what really happened that night, but we may never know the truth.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LVTRUCRIME
Back