The Pontiac - "Revisted" #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, my...I have to go out, but I will try and find them later. Have you done a search here?

I have searched, but don't seem to be able to find them. Appreciate any help you may give to me.

Thank you! Not sure how I was confused on the position of the car in the parking spot! That certainly clears that up. I appreciate it.:bang:

It's a rare day that I can pull up that kind of tidbit from my brain, I'm glad that I was able to help. :blowkiss:

IIRC, LE went over the car & tested the gas gauge, which was working properly.
Yup...whcih makes everything related to "gas" even stranger. What was going on with that family?

I have searched, but don't seem to be able to find them. Appreciate any help you may give to me.
I found that a few of the calls in June were just that...calls...so there wouldn't be any text of that. Haven't hit the end of June or July yet. Have you checked the "phone logs"?

I haven't been able to find anything at all about Andy F. except on this board. Nothing in the evidence dumps.

I haven't been able to find anything at all about Andy F. except on this board. Nothing in the evidence dumps.

have you tried posting for help on the Q&A thread?
when i first got here i practically lived there.

all i can work out about andy f is that he lives w/ his parents at avalon park which is also where jeff hopkins was supposed to live, at one time, and it's where zenaida was living when she first started watching caylee (hope i'm remembering that correctly)
there was quite a bit of communication between the two just before casey's first (i think) arrest.

Still :eek:fftopic: and moving to the KC-as-Zanni thread...

Although it was in my notes, I never posted it in my Zanni profile. So eddeva you get the credit for bringing this connection to everyone's attention. :blowkiss:

I have just got to revisit the smell of decomp, just to get it out of my head...

When this case first started and several people were saying that once you smell decomp you will never forget it and how distinguishable it is, being a former USAF med tech and prior to that a nurse's aide in a nursing home, I kept thinking that I knew I had been around several corpses, but couldn't remember the smell that everyone said was so unforgettable.

Anyway, about two months ago I went into a vacant house for "work purposes" (as Lee would say) and WHAMO!!! It hit me like a ton of bricks. The smell of decomp came flooding back to me and I knew it instantaneously! "It smelled like a d*mn dead body" in there. I did a little sleuthing of my own when I got home and sure enough, the house I was in that day belonged to a man who had died suddenly in his home and was not found for almost a month. I could not get that smell out of my nose for days.

I had to go back in the house a few days ago and this time it seemed even worse than before. I decided that it seemed worse because I have the visual of that man in my mind and I am so sad for his family, especially since I know that they had to go in and clear out all of his belongings (nosey neighbors told me that they brought a moving van and emptied it themselves). :(

Having been reaquainted with that smell, I am fully convinced that CA and GA knew immediately that Caylee was dead. There is no way in hello that they did not demand to know where she buried Caylee and it is exactly why they immediately started digging in their own back yard. They have been looking for a body since day 31.
You're right... (I work in Pathology) and I agree with you. That's why I think that KC didn't want the car. That smell is also very hard to get rid of. It takes special chemicals to get rid of that smell. There would be no way she could have "hid" that smell either. Gasoline odors could not have covered that smell, and once she opened that trunk, the odor would have been "washing out like a wave." It's an "indistinguishable" odor alright and once you smell it, you never forget it.

As for the "broken gas gauge", it was just easier for her to say than look like a dimwit that always ran out of gas. After a few times of this happening everybody first question would be why didnt you get gas before you got to empty. Well, when you dont have any money to put in the tank the answer
becomes "Well, the gauge is broken."

As for the "broken gas gauge", it was just easier for her to say than look like a dimwit that always ran out of gas. After a few times of this happening everybody first question would be why didnt you get gas before you got to empty. Well, when you dont have any money to put in the tank the answer
becomes "Well, the gauge is broken."
I'll agree ~ it was her way of dodging the question about not having money to fill the tank ~ which she would have had she really been working.

I'll agree ~ it was her way of dodging the question about not having money to fill the tank ~ which she would have had she really been working.
I can't remember, was the gauge working properly in the car? and if it was, I'm assuming that she was not thinking ahead to know that LE would check the gauge to verify her statement? I mean, personally (and fortunately) I've never ran out of gas before - I've always been diligent about keeping check on my gas tank and keeping gas in my car. But if I had left a stinky car somewhere, I think I would try to have my story straight with everyone, but then, this is KC we're talking about! LOL:eek:

I can't remember, was the gauge working properly in the car? and if it was, I'm assuming that she was not thinking ahead to know that LE would check the gauge to verify her statement? I mean, personally (and fortunately) I've never ran out of gas before - I've always been diligent about keeping check on my gas tank and keeping gas in my car. But if I had left a stinky car somewhere, I think I would try to have my story straight with everyone, but then, this is KC we're talking about! LOL:eek:

IIRC, LE did verify that the gas gauge was working correctly.

KC claimed to friends that the gauge was broken. However, CSI Bloise tested the gauge in the forensics garage and found it to be working just fine (discovery page 3213).

GasGauge.PNG

IIRC, LE did verify that the gas gauge was working correctly.

i remember that they did but can't recall where i read it. hopefully someone else will have a link for you.

ETA and they did lol.

Yes it was working properly as tested by LE. As far as her statements, she even led LE to her "place of employment" (which she hadn't worked at for years), so obviously she doesn't think ahead! I also still believe she thought the car would be stolen or at least didn't plan on it being the subject of an investigation. :)

You're right... (I work in Pathology) and I agree with you. That's why I think that KC didn't want the car. That smell is also very hard to get rid of. It takes special chemicals to get rid of that smell. There would be no way she could have "hid" that smell either. Gasoline odors could not have covered that smell, and once she opened that trunk, the odor would have been "washing out like a wave." It's an "indistinguishable" odor alright and once you smell it, you never forget it.

Yeah, I was watching a television show about a death-scene cleaner. He has to use a number of chemicals and procedures.

Yes it was working properly as tested by LE. As far as her statements, she even led LE to her "place of employment" (which she hadn't worked at for years), so obviously she doesn't think ahead! I also still believe she thought the car would be stolen or at least didn't plan on it being the subject of an investigation. :)

I agree. Stolen or disappearing forever into the auto yard. She thought that somehow, the car would go away (after she TRIED to clean it).

And, I'm quite sure that CA and GA recognized the smell, immediately.

KC claimed to friends that the gauge was broken. However, CSI Bloise tested the gauge in the forensics garage and found it to be working just fine (discovery page 3213).

View attachment 3687

If KC says it's broken, you gotta KNOW it works well. :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members