The ransom note & Patsy Ramsey, letter by letter.

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Did Patsy write the ransom note?

• Yes, Patsy wrote the note

Votes: 289 91.2%
  • No, Patsy did not write the note

Votes: 28 8.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think in general terms, the ransom note was an attempt to give credence to the idea that whoever harmed JonBenet was from 'the outside'. Some other 'entity' that came and did all the horrible stuff.

I believe the ransom note was wrote by Patsy. The reason I believe this is that most handwriting experts could not rule her out based on many handwriting samples. Some explicitly said her handwriting was that of the ransom note author.

I think specific details are given in the ransom note which are meant to be 'secret' details only a few people would know. John Ramsey was chosen as the protagonist of the note -- in that the note was apparently wrote by someone who had a grudge against him and the country he came from.

The mention of the $118,000 paycheck was clearly an attempt to make whoever/whomever wrote the note appear as someone who knew private details about John Ramsey's life. Further, the specific number of $118,000 as opposed to say $1million is pretty much designed to give the impression the person was 'annoyed' with John Ramsey and jealous perhaps -- they knew of his $118,000 bonus.

The fact that the ransom note author specifically mentioned that bonus must reveal something of their inner machinations -- if Patsy wrote the note as assumed, clearly the large sum on John's bonus was a source of happiness/pride/ in a way, so much so that she felt it would be wise to include it in the ransom note to imply 'others' were jealous of it.

Basically, the ransom note tried to establish a motive for JonBenet's death in my opinion because all that existed in the house was a dead, sexually molested body.

But yet the FIRST thing JR said when he laid JB's body on the floor was "this is an inside job". I have always felt the Rs conspired to pin this on housekeeper LHP. She had a key, was familiar with the family, was financially stressed and her lower socioeconomic status and lack of education made her a perfect 'patsy" (NO pun intended).

But yet the FIRST thing JR said when he laid JB's body on the floor was "this is an inside job". I have always felt the Rs conspired to pin this on housekeeper LHP. She had a key, was familiar with the family, was financially stressed and her lower socioeconomic status and lack of education made her a perfect 'patsy" (NO pun intended).

I agree 100%.

The theme in the note of someone being jealous of the $118,000 bonus could have been attributed to LHP and her perceived desire to have money and resentment for her own socio-economic status.

The fact that the note was 'found' on the stairs, where LHP was noted for leaving Patsy's bags was another attempt to link the death to her too imo.

I think the Ramseys would have accepted anyone as guilty as long as it wasn't them.

I agree 100%.

The theme in the note of someone being jealous of the $118,000 bonus could have been attributed to LHP and her perceived desire to have money and resentment for her own socio-economic status.

The fact that the note was 'found' on the stairs, where LHP was noted for leaving Patsy's bags was another attempt to link the death to her too imo.

I think the Ramsey's would have accepted anyone as guilty as long as it wasn't them.

No intruder would have left an RN there on the back stairs. They'd have left it on JB's bed, or outside her door. These are the first places a parent would go to get their child in the morning. Only someone who knew the back stairs were frequented by Patsy and used by Patsy to leave NOTES for her housekeeperwould leave the RN there. In other words- only Patsy would have chosen that spot to leave that note.
Was it chosen because it would further implicate their "chosen" perp, LHP? Very likely. Could also just be habit. Patsy and LHP used those stairs as a "communication center", leaving notes for each other.

Oh, and the swiss army knife at the crime scene -- the last person to handle that was LHP.

That always seemed fishy to me. Whilst the perp may have used it to cut the rope for the ligature, I always sensed it was an attempt to further link that women tot he crime.

Also, all the family 'in' jokes like "good Southern manners" or whatever are surely words LHP heard banded about the home. By putting them in the ransom note, it was as if the author was deliberately using phrases only someone 'on the inside' could know.

Too bad the DA didn't take him on his word from day one and allow a proper investigation of the family.

I agree. Maybe not at first, but they may have settled on it.

I think that whoever wrote the note wanted to blame someone related to Johns business,thats why it was addressed to him,.....but the practice note said Mr and Mrs so maybe at first they thought of the housekeeper and then changed their minds.

I think that whoever wrote the note wanted to blame someone related to Johns business,thats why it was addressed to him,.....but the practice note said Mr and Mrs so maybe at first they thought of the housekeeper and then changed their minds.

That could very well be. I find it astounding that Patsy ADMITTED writing the "practice" note, and yet even though the handwriting on the "practice" note matched the RN, was able to deny writing that. If this case ever went to court, I'd have loved to see Patsy confronted with the practice note, admit she wrote it, then be confronted with the matching handwriting on the RN. I'd LOVE to hear how they spin that without conceding that if Patsy wrote the RN she HAD to know who the killer was.

That could very well be. I find it astounding that Patsy ADMITTED writing the "practice" note, and yet even though the handwriting on the "practice" note matched the RN, was able to deny writing that. If this case ever went to court, I'd have loved to see Patsy confronted with the practice note, admit she wrote it, then be confronted with the matching handwriting on the RN. I'd LOVE to hear how they spin that without conceding that if Patsy wrote the RN she HAD to know who the killer was.

Our darling Patricia would probably have spun some line about the 'intruder' copying her handwriting.

Anyone have any theories as to how deliberate 'leaving' the ransom note was -- I mean, was it done with the intention of making it look like the 'intruder' copied her handwriting?

Patsy has, and always will be, suspect to me in writing the note.

Writing the note and perhaps securing the 'garrote'. I just wish we knew all that transpired prior to these acts!

Have any of you seen this analysis?
http://members.fortunecity.com/webbsleuths/case/docg.html

So many of us concentrate on the comparisons to PR handwriting, and all the analyses that point to her, and that JR was eliminated by 6 experts...

But he was not eliminated by at least 3.

Fresh eyes I have recently given to the note and close attention to his handwriting. He has crushed words, backwards slant, writes and talks in percentages... So often we try to make PR fit writing the words and making sense of why those words are written, and we have extensively analyzed just her, with her feminine tone, etc...and so have the police. Maybe she even contributed with some phrases such as 'the two gentlemen', and it was a combo between the two of them...but I'm not so sure.

With JR writing the RN, and from his perspective: how he speaks, writes, and what he cares about and knows: his business's image, his interest in movies, his man's perspective of what a kidnapping would be like, oh, and his frequent misspellings of words with "s"'s in them: possession, business, and occasion. He is the one getting them mixed up. There is proof of this in his writing samples.

I'm telling you, JR is the writer of the note.

And, with JR as the writer of the note, view of the scenario changes, pieces start to fit differently, and my theory of what happened has now changed.

I would say he made sure it looked like an 'inside job' initially, as he stated when he brought JBR up....but of course, everything and everyone was suspect, from friends to random people...all game and all red herrings.

With him being the author, the $$ is easy to get, the terminology points to insiders who would know the fat cat joke, the note even addressed to him and his business, and ending with writer yelling his name with an exclamation point.

His fibers in JBR wrongly sized and inappropriately chosen underwear, his ability to strangle with a cord, his hiding her in the faraway cellar with even the lock secured over the door all the way up high....his absurd stories of an intruder entrance/exit through the train room window, and need to find one in the first place. His going straight to the locked room....

His writing. Yes.

I don't think any firm conclusions can be drawn from the handwriting analysis. It may have been Patsy...or it may have been someone imitating her handwriting. When Cina Wong or anyone else claims to be "100% sure", I get nervous. The only thing I'm sure of is that someone killed JonBenet that night. Everything else is open to interpretation, until we have more hard evidence.

I believe the ransom note was "probably" written by Patsy. I believe the ranson note was a cover up. I believe it is a good "possibility" that the housekeeper was being set up. I also believe an insider killed JBR, but I am not convinced Patsy or John did it.

For those who are new to the case, you may be interested in checking out the following analysis:
[ame="http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6404"]Analysis of the Linguistics and Handwriting in the Ramsey Ransom Note - Forums For Justice[/ame]

Write another shorter note? There wasn't time for that....they had staging that needed to be finished up. I am quite sure that he probably even helped her with the note...this is where I believe the "Listen Carefully" came from....he most likely was dictating to her what to write...Listen Carefully ...imo...wasn't meant to be written, it was instructions for HER. How do you listen carefully to something that you are reading?? Shouldn't it be..."read this carefully??" If the "intruder" had of phoned in his RN...he then would have used the words..."LISTEN carefully". Anyway...I believe that John intended for the note to be short...but Patsy couldn't leave it alone....continuing to add to it, while he was working on some of the staging. He probably blew a gasket, when he saw that she had added more, and turned it into an almost three page ransom LETTER, instead of a ransom note.

BTW, based on a management class I had to take, some people think mostly in terms of seeing, some of hearing and some of touching. I don't know which was PR's natural way.

But those who are inclined toward aural interaction will write "listen", even though they are writing to a reader. By the same token, a visually oriented person may ask out loud, "Do you see what I mean?" even though she has been giving instructions vocally. Some people lean heavily in one of these directions; others divide their expressions pretty evenly.

Okay, I'm confused. What does the underwear and its size have to do with the ransom note and Patsy Ramsey, letter by letter?

Whomever wrote the ransom note is either the killer, or knows who the killer is. Patsy obviously wrote it. See Cina Wong's chart....how could anyone doubt it. The fact that she changed her "a" post ransom note, is rather suspicious, IMO.

I moved the OT posts over to a new thread. Hope that helps for those who come in wanting to know more about the ransom letter. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89