The Reid Scale: Classic Unsolved Murder Cases

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'd have to go with a 5 and I think it was a murder otherwise there would have been dead animals all over the place.

I believe some persons of interest have been mentioned but I haven't seen a good case made against any of them.

Some additional examples:

0-John List
1-James Earl Ray
2-Elmer Crawford
3-Riverdell Hospital Killer
4-Babysitter
5-Paraquat Killer

Some additional examples:

0-John List
1-James Earl Ray
2-Elmer Crawford
3-Riverdell Hospital Killer
4-Babysitter
5-Paraquat Killer

All from the 60s, 70s and 80s

0-Neville Heath
1-Darlie Routier
2-William Bradford Bishop
3-Lord Erroll Murder
4-Tylenol Murders
5-Weldon Atherstone Murder

Darlie is presently on death row.

A different set of examples-

0-John Wayne Gacy
1-Jeffrey MacDonald
2-Eugene Butler
3-Charlie Chop-off
4-Black Dahlia Murder
5-Hubert Chevis Murder

You must give Jeffrey MacDonald far more credit than I do. There is, IMO, a Mountain of evidence against him in my opinion.

I guess the question is, why was there a second test of the same victim rather than of another victim?

That's a really good question. I would assume, but do not know for fact, that she is the only one they have some type of sample on?

I recently changed my opinion on The Strangler primarily based on the DNA testing but also, ironically, based on reading Susan Kelly's book about the case. I say ironically because she insists he was not the Strangler, but reading her book helped push me over into my new opinion that DeSalvo really was the guy.

Additional example:

0-William Cook
1-William Heirens
2-Adelaide Bartlett
3-Robison Family Massacre
4-Zodiac
5-Cabin 28 Massacre

Hello! New here and just doing a lot of reading, but this thread caught my eye (cold cases really fascinate me). I love your rating scale. However, I'm not sure I agree with you on the Keddie Cabin 28 murders. According to many, many people with a lot more knowledge of the case than I have, there are two particular (now-deceased) suspects - Martin Smartt and Bo Boubede - who were almost certainly directly responsible. In fact, Smartt even confessed to a therapist that he had killed the two females (Sue and Tina). Most likely there were others involved, but I think the evidence against Smartt and Boubede is pretty solid. I would personally rank it a Level 2, but could concede to a 3.

I'm always interested in other people's takes.

You must give Jeffrey MacDonald far more credit than I do. There is, IMO, a Mountain of evidence against him in my opinion.

I personally think he did it.

Being Texas, I wonder what the delay is. From what I've seen lately, her predicament isn't affecting her appetite any.

There is a guy on Texas death row who has been there a lot longer than Routier but he has been judged mentally unfit.

Texas has executed women in the modern era so that isn't the reason although attractive women, which she once was, seem to be given more forgiveness.

Texas has executed women in the modern era so that isn't the reason although attractive women, which she once was, seem to be given more forgiveness.

They did put Karla Faye Tucker down who some thought was attractive; I didn't.

There is a guy on Texas death row who has been there a lot longer than Routier but he has been judged mentally unfit.

If it's about protecting society then what difference does it make if he is unfit?

That's a really good question. I would assume, but do not know for fact, that she is the only one they have some type of sample on?

I recently changed my opinion on The Strangler primarily based on the DNA testing but also, ironically, based on reading Susan Kelly's book about the case. I say ironically because she insists he was not the Strangler, but reading her book helped push me over into my new opinion that DeSalvo really was the guy.

Susan says that she will be back on here soon. She has been busy attending to some family matters.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayaanie
Back