The Responsibilities of the University and Threat Assessment

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think based on CU's talks and her name on the news...it is Angie Ribera or Angeles Ribera. She is a program director / professor for them. Google her name. Her picture was also shown in one of the news, wearing green shirt with short hair .

Found this older article about which labs JH was in:

http://the-scientist.com/2012/07/20/batman-shooter-is-former-neuroscience-student/

“He appeared to be a normal guy,” said a member of neuroscientist Nancy Zahniser‘s lab. “I never heard him talk though,” he added. “Pretty quiet.”

The researcher, who declined to give his name, said that Holmes was a rotational student, doing stints in different labs before settling in one to complete his PhD research. He noted that in March Holmes did a rotation in the lab of Mark Dell’Aqua, who studies the role of kinase/phosphatase signaling complexes in channel and transcription factor regulation associated with learning, memory, and mental health disorders.

TY. Interesting that they are both from dept of pharmacology

specialty in cocaine and the changing brain....drug addiction... argh
makes you wonder what kind of stuff they have in their lab lol

And, one wonders what other packages he may have ordered (which looked like they were work-related....) Also, both are full professors (meaning they have a lot of power).

I am wondering about the gag order here. Does it apply to info the DA states? It is just the first that I have heard of a threat to a professor. And, how about the CU student that heard threats in March.

I guess I don't understand the gag order.

The gag order applies except when the state or def. wants to conveniently let something slip.:razz:

The gag order applies except when the state or def. wants to conveniently let something slip.:razz:

Thank you rollinginit for all of your work this morning.

I don't think the prosecution wants to express anything that might be related to mental illness. I think the comment about threats to a professor probably meant Fenton in that she is both professor and psychiatrist and that information was already out there. If that's the case, they would not be breaking the gag order. Also, I don't think they suggest that a professor was threatened by holmes , but that the threats heard were directed outward. jmo

And, one wonders what other packages he may have ordered (which looked like they were work-related....) Also, both are full professors (meaning they have a lot of power).

Yeah --- work related :woohoo::woohoo:
Wonder who paid for those packages too!

Yeah --- work related :woohoo::woohoo:
Wonder who paid for those packages too!
Feb,

Sometimes I'd just like to click a smiley face instead of a "thanks," but we don't have that option.

:rollercoaster::werk::lamb::drink::hypno::worms:

News is so slow in coming, that I'm resorting to posting smileys....hope we get some new info soon....

Feb,

Sometimes I'd just like to click a smiley face instead of a "thanks," but we don't have that option.

:rollercoaster::werk::lamb::drink::hypno::worms:

News is so slow in coming, that I'm resorting to posting smileys....hope we get some new info soon....

cant wait for august 30 :)
i can feel defense will be asking Fenton if she thinks JH is insane ...
it will be traumatic for the school and prosecution if she say YES :seeya:

cant wait for august 30 :)
i can feel defense will be asking Fenton if she thinks JH is insane ...
it will be traumatic for the school and prosecution if she say YES :seeya:

It will be most interesting to see what strategy the defense takes with Fenton. In many ways the strategy that you suggest February would help reinforce the university's subtle and not so subtle actions which might paint Fenton as the scapegoat whose inaction is to blame. While I don't agree that it is all on Fenton, the university certainly seems to be leaking things to make the public think she's to blame.

Additionally, at this point we aren't sure that the defense will be presenting an insanity argument. Personally I hope they don't because I'd prefer the complete truth and all the facts to be revealed through arguing and questioning the evidence of the case and not a defense that completely focuses on Holmes' mental issues.

It will be most interesting to see what strategy the defense takes with Fenton. In many ways the strategy that you suggest February would help reinforce the university's subtle and not so subtle actions which might paint Fenton as the scapegoat whose inaction is to blame. While I don't agree that it is all on Fenton, the university certainly seems to be leaking things to make the public think she's to blame.

Additionally, at this point we aren't sure that the defense will be presenting an insanity argument. Personally I hope they don't because I'd prefer the complete truth and all the facts to be revealed through arguing and questioning the evidence of the case and not a defense that completely focuses on Holmes' mental issues.

I think that the only reason she might be there is to speak on the Doctor/Patient privilege in regard to the package she received from james and the nature of the threats she suspected or what alarmed her enough to call the campus police and the threat team. Fenton can give a psychiatric/medical diagnosis but I am not sure if she could say that he is insane. Since insanity or sanity are legal terms. I don't know who makes that decision. But I'd like to know.

We are on the same boat HastingsChi :seeya:
Complete truth on this is what i want too.

But i think Fenton or her personal side is partially leaking informations too :)
The info about BETA , and telling BETA about it..
About telling the Campus Police about JH
IMO She has to protect her medical license..:)
Wonder why she's clouded by 2 lawyers paid for by the school...
and they even have separate lawyers too... 2 for her, 1 for the campus police, separate lawyers for the office of the dean , separate lawyer for the mental health services dept.

IMO Fenton's words are going to be powerful on this.
Could you imagine if she's the one who even wrote the Vicodine prescription for JH ...:moo:

IMO Fenton's words are going to be powerful on this.
Could you imagine if she's the one who even wrote the Vicodine prescription for JH ...:moo:

I don't think shrinks are allowed to legally prescribe painkillers that are considered controlled substances.

Regarding the leaks that would appear to be coming from Fenton's camp: it's important to remember that the university started this by their negative leaks about Fenton; because of their leaks, I have no problem with Fenton's folks leaking information to defend herself.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2

I don't think shrinks are allowed to legally prescribe painkillers that are considered controlled substances.

Regarding the leaks that would appear to be coming from Fenton's camp: it's important to remember that the university started this by their negative leaks about Fenton; because of their leaks, I have no problem with Fenton's folks leaking information to defend herself.

Psychiatrists are MDs, therefore allowed to prescribe all the prescription meds.

Yes she can prescribe these meds.

I have a feeling that LE found out about Fenton because of the the NOTEBOOK that was addressed to her because if it is the school who provided Fenton's info first, they could have edited their website first before they leak it... people and the media crawled their website first and then the school later made it private .

On the negative leaks about Fenton, media/people went to dig her medical license and see if she has prior problems issuing and i also remember her EX talking to one media site about Fenton

But maybe this school were able to do some side comments off record to the media about her

oh wait - saw this on another thread... i find this negative leak on Fenton :)

DENVER - In a phone conversation about accused murderer James Holmes, A University of Colorado police officer discussed putting Holmes on a mental health hold in June, but his psychiatrist, Dr. Lynne Fenton, declined, sources told CALL7 Investigator John Ferrugia.

http://m.thedenverchannel.com/w/news/story/71515193/

Thanks for posting this tezi.

If anyone doesn't understand why many of us have a plethora of questions about this case and voice concern about things not quite adding up, the article tezi shared might help you see how bizarre, deceptive and odd everyone but Holmes seems to be acting...

Hastings, I 100 percent agree. This case is beyond bizarre. Many things are not adding up. I thought the university had said before he had no run ins with campus police a few days after this had happened? Anyone remember where I could find that article? I didn't see it anywhere

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18
Back