The RIFT Between Casey and Her Family.."Strategy" or for Real?*revisit*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think the issue about videotaping the visits is just a big coverup for the fact that Casey refuses to see anyone.

She does not want to be asked questions or even consoled. She doesn't care about any of the people who would bother to visit her.

That, however, would look really bad, so they are using the excuse about the videos.

I also think the issue about the videotaping the visits is a ploy by defense to show how their poor client can't get a fair trial. I think they will use NG, the internet, WS, the videos, the tabloids, etc to show how "hated" their "innocent until proven guilty" client has been maligned. In fact, its probably all the defense really has at this point.

From what I have seen of the family "silent treatment" might be a usual or familiar way to let each other in on their disapproval. In particular I wouldn't be surprised if CA weren't the most inclined to use that type of strategy to get what she wants...(because she had a lot of power).

Despite the fact CA insisted that she talked to KC "all the time" and that they were "best friends"--it seems clear that KC was acting hatefully toward CA during her ---er---" 31 day vacation". Naturally, we realize that KC could not produce Caylee and that was what was at the heart of KC's *****iness...but one might think that KC would WANT to see her parents now. I am remembering, for example, how chirpy she was during an early visit--how she had to eat cole slaw, etc. She seemed happy to see them UNTIL the discussion turned to Caylee.

To answer my own question--in my view the no-visits are not a result of legal strategy...I think KC and her parents are now completely and totally estranged--and CA and GA show up at hearings and so forth only because they originally said they would and they want to look right for the "foundation".

I also think the issue about the videotaping the visits is a ploy by defense to show how their poor client can't get a fair trial. I think they will use NG, the internet, WS, the videos, the tabloids, etc to show how "hated" their "innocent until proven guilty" client has been maligned. In fact, its probably all the defense really has at this point.

True. Distraction.

The Defense are pointing to the video releases in the media and how they are negatively picked apart -- however -- the root cause analysis is the content of those videos and how badly KC portrays herself, not asking about Caylee, laughing at CA crying already, not wanting to answer questions about Caylee only her....... KC does not come across well whether that is live or on video and the Defense is trying to blame the tapes.

The Defense don't want more tapes of KC before trial, they don't even want KC to appear at the Motion hearings but got over-ridden on that. If the Defense could have KC not attend the trial ..... they would!!! The more they can hide KC the more they can make her look better.

I don't think it's a rift between them but I kind of think of it as one of those scenarios where you don't believe something until you directly hear it from the horse's mouth. Like a cheating husband, how many wives believe their husbands when someone tells them about their cheating. I know, bad comparison, but I think the A's are afraid to see her. Not because they are afraid of her, but because they know deep in their hearts she killed Caylee and when they see her, they will not be able to stop themselves from asking questions. Even if it is to just hear her deny it so they can continue to not totally believe the story, they will ask her things and her responses will be picked apart.

I think it started out that the rift was real. But I do think there has been some tenative patching done. I think that they have reestablished some type of relationship between them now, but for strategy reasons aren't letting that go public.

I think the mending of the relationship might be encouraged by the defense attorney's. They know that they will need people speaking up for KC, and need the A's cooperation in the defense and even during the penalty phase. So for the attorney's it is strategy.

But I do think that the A's not visiting is strategy also. A means of attempting to gain sympathy for KC as well as the fact that KC doesn't show up well on camera (tongue in cheek.) Plus by communicating with KC however they have managed to do it, KC is able to gain what she wants from the communication and ignore the rest. No one can question her or irritate her.

I do believe they are communicating, possibly through JB. I've believed that ever since the taping LA did during the memorial (C.M.A, C.M.A.) I think the ignoring in court is also strategy, so that word of the mending of the rift won't go public.

IMO

I think the issue about videotaping the visits is just a big coverup for the fact that Casey refuses to see anyone.

She does not want to be asked questions or even consoled. She doesn't care about any of the people who would bother to visit her.

That, however, would look really bad, so they are using the excuse about the videos.

ITA with this post...KC has no more need for CA/GA, so they are now off her "love radar", but they better watch out...the bus is a comin'! :)

True. Distraction.

The Defense are pointing to the video releases in the media and how they are negatively picked apart -- however -- the root cause analysis is the content of those videos and how badly KC portrays herself, not asking about Caylee, laughing at CA crying already, not wanting to answer questions about Caylee only her....... KC does not come across well whether that is live or on video and the Defense is trying to blame the tapes.

The Defense don't want more tapes of KC before trial, they don't even want KC to appear at the Motion hearings but got over-ridden on that. If the Defense could have KC not attend the trial ..... they would!!! The more they can hide KC the more they can make her look better.
IMO the same goes for Jose...and the As come to think of it.

if she were your daughter, would you go see her?

not YOUR daughter, but her, the way she is, what she has done, and how she acted when the did go see her.

maybe you would, but how hard is it to understand them not?

No, I wouldn't want to go see her if she had murdered my little precious granddaughter. If I looked at the evidence with an open mind I would have to know that she is guilty plus all of the lies from the beginning. Add that to her not doing anything for 31 days after Caylee was missing.

I would remember that it was me that made that 911 call and told them that my granddaughter was missing....not my daughter.

I think that 911 call by Cindy has a lot to do with why Casey doesn't want to see her. The fact that George testified at the GJ would be enough for Casey not to want to see her dad. I think she blames her parents for her getting caught and she hates them. I don't think Casey ever really liked her parents but she used them to meet her wants and needs. I think her murdering Caylee was the worst revenge she could think of to punish her parents for every imagined wrong they had ever done to her including the fight between her and Cindy the night of or before the murder. Seems like somewhere Casey made a remark about her getting revenge...a sarcastic remark that she made to Lee or someone else...about her always getting her revenge.

No, if I was me and not Cindy I would never want to have anything to do with my daughter again. I don't care about unconditional love or all of that stuff. Murder my grandbaby and you are out of my life...forever

100% true in my opinion!:woohoo::dance:

100% ture in my opinion!!! :woohoo::dance:

ITA with this post...KC has no more need for CA/GA, so they are now off her "love radar", but they better watch out...the bus is a comin'! :)

I agree but I think the defense want the public to believe that Casey and her parents really want to see each other and that was the reason for the petition about the videos. I think the defense want the public to believe that everything is wonderful between parents and child and that the parents believe that Casey is innocent and are standing beside her to the end. I don't think they want it known for even a second that Casey hates her parents and doesn't want to see them. That wouldn't look good for Casey.

I really like the concept of this thread...I believe there may be a tentative rift which is prompted by KC.

KC turned her parents away early on-When KC and GA were speaking in the jail videos about seeing one another, KC was a little tense-First, she told CA she would like to see her dad, and then GA gets on the phone and asks if she wants to see him-KC gets a little frustrated to have to repeat herself to him. Maybe she did not want to commit. When GA did show up, after all that trouble, she turns him away-Conveniently blaming her attorney. But, as much as I think JB stinks on ice, I am not sure he would turn GA away completely-Why couldn't he be there while GA talked to KC? I think KC really did not want to see him or be asked anything more. Just like with LE-She tells them she wants to talk to them, then hides behind JB when he shows up for them to have the interview.

Mom and dad outed her and got her indicted. This is not lost on KC. I think CA/GA think they should work through it with KC, but KC doesn't care now. If her parents can't get her out of jail, like they got her into it, they are useless to her. The courtroom seems to be the only place they can make inroads with KC, so they show up. But I believe there is a rift there and rather than addressing the rift directly, KC just tells her parents she does not want to see them because she does not want to be taped.

CA has her own terms, too, that widen the rift-If she goes to visit KC, she wants to be able to ask her questions about Caylee-She feels that, in a vacuum, KC would tell her everything. The fact that KC won't must frustrate CA, but she has to maintain a caring attitude towards KC, or she'll never get what she wants.

I only wonder......if Ca and GA and LA pour out the kool-aid, and start taking the attitude that LA had during the first phone call from jail. NO MORE FAWNING over 'beautiful' KC. Her family should "give her the bird, tell her she's goin' down-unless she comes clean. Intervention time baby!

Think it'll just pizz KC off more OR will she start realizing REALITY? 'Cause right now, I feel she has her parents right where she wants them, (they come to these court hearings just to get a glance at her for goodness sake) I think if they take a hike for real, she comes clean. I think she has wanted to at times but JB wouldn't let her. JMHO.

I think that the Anthonys walk on eggshells around the psychopathic perp (including sucking up to her). In return, she flashes her laser beam disdain and anger with them for not towing the line. She feels she is in control. It surely shows up in the courtroom.

I don't know what's happening with the internet letters (speculation!) amongst them all. But I betya that the A's are grovelling. The perp really thinks she has the upper hand, especially given the response of her 'intimates', the family.

If at some point she deems her family useful, she will deign to throw them a bone. It's quite a high bar to jump, I think.

Meanwhile, they do everything they can to abase themselves in her favour.

I believe the rift in the family is very real it appears they have been dysfunctional for a very long time and fighting is normal in their world.
But, KC has final say as to whether she wants to see anywone or not, even if JB says no. She could report him for keeping her from her family.
However, I believe there came a point when KC realized that her mom no longer believe her, and she couldn't keep them from asking questions that she had no answers for, so she threw fits to change the subject. So, why would she even want to see them now?
Easy- maybe, she wants to ask CA ....
1) What are you doing wearing my daughter in your jewelry, when I wanted her buried ?
2) What are you doing on LK show promoting a song you wrote about my daughter like you are a celebrity.
3) What are you doing all over the TV, faking what a good mother I was, when you are the very one who accused me of being a rotten mother, and wanted to take my daughter away from me?
4) What are you doing on TV, faking what a good loving family we were, when you know I hated my Dad?
5) What are you doing writing a book about me, because I plan to write one about you and our messed up family when I get out of here?
6) What are you doing spending my money? If it wasn't for me you wouldn't have it, so bank it until I get out.
7) What are you doing going on TV, so you get mini free vacations, while you let me sit in (uh-m-/ jail.
8) What are you doing going on a cruise, and taking everyone, with my earnings.
9) What are you doing getting tatoos, copying me? Kids copy their parents and not the other way around.
10) What are you doing spending my money getting new clothes, and a makeover, while I sit here looking like cr*p ?
11) What are you and Dad doing, not working, but living off me, and my money ?

The key here is me me me me.

What I can't understand is why, with all the very critical work that needs to be done on this case on KC's behalf, the defense attorneys are spending time, efforts, and $$ on this. No experts have examined any evidence yet, but time, work, and money is spent on trying to get attorney tapes - with no audio! - disallowed, and on trying to get family and friend visits not taped.

It just makes no sense whatever to me. Is this what KC has told her defense team she wants work and $$ spent on?? Is that what her defense team has advised her is most critical in her case? More critical to spend money on than experts examining evidence? I just can't for the life of me figure it out.

I said this a long time ago. She doesn't need a babysitter or a place to live and she doesn't need to steal money from them, so her need for them is finished. She only has people in he life that are useful to her. Her parents and her brother are not useful to her so she refuses to see them.

I have always felt there is no communication because Casey does not want it.
That is what her world revolves around, what she wants.

Casey can hide behind the video tape excuse.
And Cindy can shield herself from the reality that Casey doesn't want to see her by blaming the videotapes and the press but it is Casey in that driver's seat.

If you recall in the last visit that was made JB was out of state and Casey states that she is not suppose to be seeing them (per JBs recommendation) but she does because she WANTS to. It is her call whether to accept or turn down requests for visits. That tape blew up in her face after she had a temper tantrum on film, JB got to say I told you so, and Casey has not made that mistake again.

I don't see a new rift in the family personally. I see the same dysfunction they have always operated under and the same attempt to put a good spin on it in public that they have always attempted.

It's nearly Christmas...another year without Caylee AND another year without the Anthonys physically going to the jail to see KC.

GA and CA have explained that they do not see KC at the jail because "they" pick apart everything in the videos. "They" are the reason that GA and CA (and presumably Lee) can't see KC.

The above explanation doesn't wash with WS'ers (I've seen in other posts)...and I am wondering how you feel about the rift between KC and her family. In my experience a bona fide feud or rift is very difficult to overcome. I've had times during my lifetime when I did not speak with important members of my family and the more time that racked up during the feud/rift...the harder it was to begin speaking again. AND..it generally takes some special circumstance/event in order to begin talking again. Have you ever not spoken with key people in your life (like your Mother/sibling/etc?) It is such a major thing to not speak for over a year! Of course, the A's may be writing to KC...but if there is no answer, it is still considered silence.

Wouldn't the A's be smart to go to the jail over Christmas just to say Merry Christmas, Casey? If they REALLY want to support KC..shouldn't they do that..or is the feud/rift getting too be too major of a divide?

Do you think the silence/lack of any visit is an indicator of strategy as outlined by the A's? or is it really a feud (instigated by Casey)?

I've felt all along that the feud between Casey and her parents is real, and probably began on June 15, 2008 - the fight that took place between Cindy and Casey.

On the very first day home, within hours of being bonded out of jail in August 2008, there was an angry confrontation between Casey and George that resulted in George storming out of the house to "take a walk." Many here witnessed George leaving via the web cam that was trained on the Anthony home at that time. It was later confirmed by Tracy, the female body guard, that Casey ordered her father to leave the house.

When Casey was bonded out of jail in August 2008, she was confined to home, but was able to have unlimited visits with her attorney at his office, and Casey took full advantage of this by spending most of her days at JB's office. I've always felt that spending time at JB's office was an escape from the Anthony home where tensions between Casey and her parents were high.

On October 14, 2008, Casey was indicted for murder and arrested. A few days later, Cindy gave a brief media interview in which she stated that Casey didn't want the family visiting her at that time because the jailhouse family visits became the focus of the media and Casey wanted all media attention focused on finding Caylee.

I think that was a very weak cover story to explain why there were no jailhouse visits by George, Cindy, or Lee, after Casey's arrest on Oct. 14, 2008.

Caylee's remains were found on December 11, 2008, and if there was any validity to Cindy's explanation of putting the media focus on finding Caylee and not on jailhouse visits, once Caylee was found there would be no reason to refrain from visiting Casey.

I think there's been ongoing hostility between Casey and her parents, and in particular, between Casey and Cindy for a long time, long prior to Caylee's death. I think the hostility between Cindy and Casey was the catalyst for Casey killing Caylee.

Casey has cast her parents aside because they're no longer any use to her. In the past they bailed her out of one jam after another, but they can't do anything to help her now. The only people who can help her now is her defense team.

George and Cindy's efforts - their lying and covering up for Casey - is a desperate attempt on their part to prove to Casey that they have some value to her now.

My guess is her attorneys are planning on slamming them to the ground, and they have no clue what's about to come down the pike.

I've felt all along that the feud between Casey and her parents is real, and probably began on June 15, 2008 - the fight that took place between Cindy and Casey.

On the very first day home, within hours of being bonded out of jail in August 2008, there was an angry confrontation between Casey and George that resulted in George storming out of the house to "take a walk." Many here witnessed George leaving via the web cam that was trained on the Anthony home at that time. It was later confirmed by Tracy, the female body guard, that Casey ordered her father to leave the house.

When Casey was bonded out of jail in August 2008, she was confined to home, but was able to have unlimited visits with her attorney at his office, and Casey took full advantage of this by spending most of her days at JB's office. I've always felt that spending time at JB's office was an escape from the Anthony home where tensions between Casey and her parents were high.

On October 14, 2008, Casey was indicted for murder and arrested. A few days later, Cindy gave a brief media interview in which she stated that Casey didn't want the family visiting her at that time because the jailhouse family visits became the focus of the media and Casey wanted all media attention focused on finding Caylee.

I think that was a very weak cover story to explain why there were no jailhouse visits by George, Cindy, or Lee, after Casey's arrest on Oct. 14, 2008.

Caylee's remains were found on December 11, 2008, and if there was any validity to Cindy's explanation of putting the media focus on finding Caylee and not on jailhouse visits, once Caylee was found there would be no reason to refrain from visiting Casey.

I think there's been ongoing hostility between Casey and her parents, and in particular, between Casey and Cindy for a long time, long prior to Caylee's death. I think the hostility between Cindy and Casey was the catalyst for Casey killing Caylee.

Casey has cast her parents aside because they're no longer any use to her. In the past they bailed her out of one jam after another, but they can't do anything to help her now. The only people who can help her now is her defense team.

George and Cindy's efforts - their lying and covering up for Casey - is a desperate attempt on their part to prove to Casey that they have some value to her now.

ITA, Leila! Great post.

I also think that not seeing them suits both Casey and her parents. She doesn't have to answer any deep thought-provoking questions they might pose to her and George and Cindy don't have to listen to and/or acknowledge anything Casey (I know it will never happen in this lifetime!) might actually reveal to them about being responsible for Caylee's death.

It's a win/win even though they are all trying to to spin it like it's this horrible injustice against them. *snort*

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rebel23
Back