The Rumor Mill -- unsubstantiated, yet possible relevant information

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is not true about the 4 girls being transported to NYC M.E for Id. They were ID by the Suffolk County M.E. What brings you to the idea that SCPD could not ID the 4 girls? Just wondering. I am not trying to argue but as knowing exactly who ID the girls I just don't understand where you came up with that?

that actually sourced from law enforcement

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7605757&postcount=141"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Shannan Gilbert Found, death declared an accident. What do you think?[/ame]

Yeah, I do recall reading that the NYCME was involved in IDing at least 1 of the bodies.

It was because NYPD had already had DNA from Barnes and Barthelemy to ID them they hold the dna taken from the families. It was not because they could not ID them but because the NYPD already had the families DNA in their files because they were the ones on Barnes and Barthelemy's missing person case. That is what is meant by that officer.
Yeah, I do recall reading that the NYCME was involved in IDing at least 1 of the bodies.

MELTRUTH - I will defer to you on this one. Who better than you to shed some light on this? That is why we post: to have a give and take to find more information.

CAN YOU HELP ME WITH ONE QUESTION? you said the DNA was sent to NYCME because they had DNA on two of the gals. The question is: If SCPD didn't know who the gals were how did they know the NYCME have samples of the victims? See what I mean.

I know I read the bodies were sent to NYC. Maybe it was bad information. Maybe I just don't remember it right. Whatever, God Speed and Peace.

Keep up the good work and try to get the FBI to take a bigger part in this case, i.e., to speak to as many of the gals that post on Backpage and Craigslist and ask them what they know. I believe the answer is there, if there is an answer.

That rumor about the nursery owner, IMHO was no accident.

PAX
Pete Hawkshaw.

Not sure but I think because they were a possible match the description of the height of the two girls. Also when they found the girls remains, we got a phone call from the NYCP missing person squad and was told that they were going to use the DNA summited from us to see if any of the girls found was Maureen. I guess it was just like a puzzle things were starting to come together at that time with their missing persons cases. I am just guessing though
MELTRUTH - I will defer to you on this one. Who better than you to shed some light on this? That is why we post: to have a give and take to find more information.

CAN YOU HELP ME WITH ONE QUESTION? you said the DNA was sent to NYCME because they had DNA on two of the gals. The question is: If SCPD didn't know who the gals were how did they know the NYCME have samples of the victims? See what I mean.

I know I read the bodies were sent to NYC. Maybe it was bad information. Maybe I just don't remember it right. Whatever, God Speed and Peace.

Keep up the good work and try to get the FBI to take a bigger part in this case, i.e., to speak to as many of the gals that post on Backpage and Craigslist and ask them what they know. I believe the answer is there, if there is an answer.

PAX
Pete Hawkshaw.

PAX
Pete Hawkshaw.

Well said, Hawkshaw. Like I have been saying all along, use his technology against him. There's a girl out there, maybe more than one, that encountered this monster and managed to either get away when he made his move or they have suspicions based on something he may have said or done that seemed casual, but subconsciously set off red flags. Assuming he lives on or near Long Island, chances are he drove them out there after they met up, or they met him out there at an arranged location. I have a feeling that he works in NYC and feels really comfortable there. But he isn't committing the crimes there. He's going to another location where he murders these women, does what he has to do to the body, then moves it to be dumped. Where did he come up with the idea of using Ocean Parkway as an ideal dumping ground? Prior knowledge. Sure, he could be out there scoping out new locations (if he is as organized as they say he is), but I doubt it. He has this knowledge from growing up in the area as a child or spending extended periods of time there for whatever reason. If he is as comfortable with the Port Authority as we pretty much know he is, where does that comfort come from? Spending time there. Works in NYC, kills at secondary location, dumps on Long Island. Just my opinion. I'm no expert. I used to think he lived in the city. I now don't believe that to be the case after more thought. But he's a New York native, no doubt about it.

PAX
Pete Hawkshaw.

Pete, this is now my most favorite post of yours (I truly enjoy reading intelligent posts by members like you and Truthspider when you post without a biased agenda).

Very, very good question.

It makes me think of another excellent question we can ask MELTRUTH
;

How soon after the Gilgo bodies were discovered did LE contact you AND how does this response time compare to when other remains have been found in the NYC/Long Island/NJ area?

If we go back and look at the news reports since she went missing, there must have been at least one set of unidentified woman's remains found every two weeks in the area.

How many "false alarm" phone calls did you receive from LE prior to the call that was the "real deal"?

I posted copies of dozens of reports of bodies found just on Long Island since your sister and the others went missing. For some reason I have a hunch that you are going to say that you were never contacted/alerted about any of those discoveries (even though many of those remains required dna testing and could have possibly been your sister).

If this is true, then Pete may indeed be on to something with his line of thinking.

What was it that made SCPD alert you this time when all of the other times they did not?

Was her ID or something personal that belonged to her found with her remains?

Did the police receive some sort of tip or hint in the past from someone (possibly the SK himself) that her remains were with other victims?

What is the link that made the investigators feel it was appropriate to make that upsetting phone call this time and not any of the other times?

It sure feels like Pete has pointed us in the direction of something we are not aware of.

And I'd like to add, the calls that the sister of one of the victims received from the supposed killer were tracked to near the Port Authority and Times Square, right? Why would this guy go to those specific locations to make those calls? Just hoping they would be traced in an attempt to throw the cops off? Doubtful. He's comfortable there. My initial theory of him living in the city could still prove to be true, but I think he commutes. Either way he definitely spends a lot of time in NYC. I think that's key here.

I have no comment on that or what lead them to believe one of the girls found was her. Or on how many times we have been contacted for other remains that have been found that could of possibly been her. That is all evidence pretending to the case. Lets please move on from the topic at hand.
Pete, this is now my most favorite post of yours (I truly enjoy reading intelligent posts by members like you and Truthspider when you post without a biased agenda).

Very, very good question.

It makes me think of another excellent question we can ask MELTRUTH
;

How soon after the Gilgo bodies were discovered did LE contact you AND how does this response time compare to when other remains have been found in the NYC/Long Island/NJ area?

If we go back and look at the news reports since she went missing, there must have been at least one set of unidentified woman's remains found every two weeks in the area.

How many "false alarm" phone calls did you receive from LE prior to the call that was the "real deal"?

I posted copies of dozens of reports of bodies found just on Long Island since your sister and the others went missing. For some reason I have a hunch that you are going to say that you were never contacted/alerted about any of those discoveries (even though many of those remains required dna testing and could have possibly been your sister).

If this is true, then Pete may indeed be on to something with his line of thinking.

What was it that made SCPD alert you this time when all of the other times they did not?

Was her ID or something personal that belonged to her found with her remains?

Did the police receive some sort of tip or hint in the past from someone (possibly the SK himself) that her remains were with other victims?

What is the link that made the investigators feel it was appropriate to make that upsetting phone call this time and not any of the other times?

It sure feels like Pete has pointed us in the direction of something we are not aware of.

Hawksha,
You sound like you have some beef with some of our local politicians. Why don't you voice it where it matters? Attend a dem, rep, or ind. political event. There are enough news reporters at these events where if a question was raised in a respectful way (not yelling or throwing your shoes at Steve Bellone like that reporter in Iraq did to President Bush) that it would put all of these "high ranking" individuals on the spot to answer said question. I am not trying to discredit you but I think our ship (suffolk county) has too many leaks in it to contain a conspiracy of this magnitute and this gruesome. I can see some "important" person's kid getting out of a DWI but getting away with serial killings???? No way. These are the same cops and politicians that everyone calls stupid in one breath, and then credits them with such an accomplishment (it would be quite an accomplishment) of keeping a secret like this??

Hawksha,
You sound like you have some beef with some of our local politicians. Why don't you voice it where it matters? Attend a dem, rep, or ind. political event. There are enough news reporters at these events where if a question was raised in a respectful way (not yelling or throwing your shoes at Steve Bellone like that reporter in Iraq did to President Bush) that it would put all of these "high ranking" individuals on the spot to answer said question. I am not trying to discredit you but I think our ship (suffolk county) has too many leaks in it to contain a conspiracy of this magnitute and this gruesome. I can see some "important" person's kid getting out of a DWI but getting away with serial killings???? No way. These are the same cops and politicians that everyone calls stupid in one breath, and then credits them with such an accomplishment (it would be quite an accomplishment) of keeping a secret like this??

I don't believe in a conspiracy or cover up either, but that doesn't mean there aren't motivating factors for the SCPD to have SG's case declared an accident and for them to not go the extra mile to charge a perp who will forever tarnish the departments name. We already know the SCPD is potentially facing an ultra-high-profile law suit in regards to SG's death that would tarnish the county's reputation, hence concluding it was a homicide is akin to shooting themselves in the butt and having the bullet rip through their wallet first.

On top of that, the SCPD is trapped in a legal stalemate with a former member of their department, a dismissed police surgeon. If the circumstances of May 1, 2010 weren't bad enough, the shame brought onto the department by revealing the identity of jack the ripper will be salt in the wound.

Unfortunately they are in the perfect *advertiser censored* storm, and justice for SG is the Andrea Gail. The SCPD needs to sharpen up their sword and get honorable before the truth gets out, because the only thing worse than being caught in this *advertiser censored* storm is the public finding out they employed damage control to cover their own *advertiser censored* instead of seeking justice for the victims...

Attachments

• Seppuku.jpg
    Seppuku.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 34
Well said, Hawkshaw. Like I have been saying all along, use his technology against him. There's a girl out there, maybe more than one, that encountered this monster and managed to either get away when he made his move or they have suspicions based on something he may have said or done that seemed casual, but subconsciously set off red flags. Assuming he lives on or near Long Island, chances are he drove them out there after they met up, or they met him out there at an arranged location. I have a feeling that he works in NYC and feels really comfortable there. But he isn't committing the crimes there. He's going to another location where he murders these women, does what he has to do to the body, then moves it to be dumped. Where did he come up with the idea of using Ocean Parkway as an ideal dumping ground? Prior knowledge. Sure, he could be out there scoping out new locations (if he is as organized as they say he is), but I doubt it. He has this knowledge from growing up in the area as a child or spending extended periods of time there for whatever reason. If he is as comfortable with the Port Authority as we pretty much know he is, where does that comfort come from? Spending time there. Works in NYC, kills at secondary location, dumps on Long Island. Just my opinion. I'm no expert. I used to think he lived in the city. I now don't believe that to be the case after more thought. But he's a New York native, no doubt about it.

I agree. I think that he lives and works in New York and has a second home on or near the beach in Long Island-very well to do.

Does anyone think Tina Folgia might be one of the Long Island serial killer's victims? She went missing in 1982 so the killer would have to be in his 50's.

Yes, I believe her to be one of his early kills. Does anybody wonder why there have been no more missing women or victims after the bodies were discovered in December 2010?

Yes, I believe her to be one of his early kills. Does anybody wonder why there have been no more missing women or victims after the bodies were discovered in December 2010?

I think '82 may be a stretch personally. But I could definitely be wrong. I have no idea who she is. I've never heard that name before.

I have Maddalenasgirl. But maybe there are more that we just don't know about.

The GB4 were not missing for too long before they were found. I'm sure this spooked him and he has a new spot. Somewhere he can control better. Maybe private land.

What if they were originally searching down the road by gilgo because they had a tip? I mean, it just is not logical. The search fanned all the way out to gilgo but SG was just there the whole time(literally just down the road)? SG was found on a tip (per MSM); maybe the other girls were as well?

We talk about the odds alot in this case. What are the odds SG was killed by same guy who did GB4? Or what are the odds SG slipt fell and landed and died BY a serial killers dumpsite. Well what are the odds that blue and his handler just drove down the road jumped out and started searching? I am not suggesting the dog and his handler are involved, but maybe they are getting some guidance on where to search. That handlers bosses may have been getting tips the whole time and actually know ALOT more abou this case than they are releasing.

The details of blue and his handlers search plans would be pretty useful but, I dont think we are getting that.

I also think its pretty funny that I have been refering to the cop that works with blue as blue's subordinate.

What if they were originally searching down the road by gilgo because they had a tip? I mean, it just is not logical. The search fanned all the way out to gilgo but SG was just there the whole time(literally just down the road)? SG was found on a tip (per MSM); maybe the other girls were as well?

We talk about the odds alot in this case. What are the odds SG was killed by same guy who did GB4? Or what are the odds SG slipt fell and landed and died BY a serial killers dumpsite. Well what are the odds that blue and his handler just drove down the road jumped out and started searching? I am not suggesting the dog and his handler are involved, but maybe they are getting some guidance on where to search. That handlers bosses may have been getting tips the whole time and actually know ALOT more abou this case than they are releasing.

The details of blue and his handlers search plans would be pretty useful but, I dont think we are getting that.

I also think its pretty funny that I have been refering to the cop that works with blue as blue's subordinate.

I've actually thought about this as well. I think you touch on a few key points here. We know the killer likes to taunt the families of his victims, so why not taunt the police as well? What if the person(s) responsible called in either an anonymous tip or used one of his throw away phones to tell the police where they could find the remains of some of his victims? I suppose anything is possible. Maybe the cops are afraid to come out and say that the person responsible for the GB4 told them where they could find the bodies? If they come out and tell the entire world the killer is providing them with information he may stop doing so in the future. I honestly don't know what to make of SG. It's very odd. It could certainly be coincidence she was discovered where she was, but as stated previously, what are the odds of that happening?

I've actually thought about this as well. I think you touch on a few key points here. We know the killer likes to taunt the families of his victims, so why not taunt the police as well? What if the person(s) responsible called in either an anonymous tip or used one of his throw away phones to tell the police where they could find the remains of some of his victims? I suppose anything is possible. Maybe the cops are afraid to come out and say that the person responsible for the GB4 told them where they could find the bodies? If they come out and tell the entire world the killer is providing them with information he may stop doing so in the future. I honestly don't know what to make of SG. It's very odd. It could certainly be coincidence she was discovered where she was, but as stated previously, what are the odds of that happening?

YOU don't really know if it is the KILLER that is taunting the family. What we seem to know is that someone that had the victim's cell phone is taunting the family. Why that person has that phone is another matter. There are a lot of nuts out there.

Hawkshaw, democrat and republican fundraisers coming up in may/june. You going?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay