The Rumor Mill -- unsubstantiated, yet possible relevant information

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say things have changed since 1974. Maybe things outside of a meeting are allowable but nothing inside a meeting can be used. Why wouldn't cops just bug all of the NA meetings if they wanted to follow possible active drug users to their sources of supply? Good luck getting a detective to harass people in a church trying to better themselves.

I would say things have changed since 1974. Maybe things outside of a meeting are allowable but nothing inside a meeting can be used. Why wouldn't cops just bug all of the NA meetings if they wanted to follow possible active drug users to their sources of supply? Good luck getting a detective to harass people in a church trying to better themselves.

The trial of Mr. Cox was 1994, not 74.

I believe this was a special set of circumstances due to two first degree murders and Mr. Cox admitted to the fellow AA members
that he had the recurring dream of stabbing and killing people. It happened in his childhood home, he was, in essence, trying

to kill his parents.

Last night I made the mistake of spending $3.99 for Confessions of An Oak Beach drifter 63 chapters of "alcoholic war stories". What's the deal with this book? Any rumors of who wrote it?btw...I want a refun.

I'm not sure I believe who ever wrote this book was the drifter. I do want to know the drifters ID, I've heard the drifter could be a tugboat captain named Eric. I'm looking for the drifter whose mother lived in Massapequa. someone must know

Who spoke of the drifter in relation to this case? In reference to the book, it is very detailed and it is hard to imagine that no one could identify the guy unless it is total fiction or highly fictionalized version of a true story.

The nypost claimed the drfiter had a pension for strippers and his mom lived in Massapequa but he went to georgia. In the drifter book, doesn't he claim he was;t there the night shannan was murdered? this is why i think the guy who wrote the book is NOT the drifter from the post article, whoever is the REAL drifter WAS there that night. It was said Vito Safarti was the one who wrote the book but I don;t know about that. I think the author may be someone who lived with JB for a time, but i don;t think he;s the drifter, unless he was there that night.

I did not make it through the book. Thanks. I'll do some reading up on the drifter.

Probably a nice way of saying this guy patronizes prostitutes A LOT which fits the LISK profile in my opinion

I don't think he has so much a penchant for strippers. IMO he seeks out 'the least among us', the vulrernable, both men and women to pay for his moral hangups.

In my opinion the LISK is a monger, he spends ALL his time seeking out prostitutes. You only have to read a bit of utopia guide to see some of this guys have seen like every prostitute on Long Island, they've picked up every streetwalker, been to every AMP and tried every girl on CL/backpage. The LISK is one of these losers in my opinion. I find it hard to believe he wouldn't be bragging on utopia guide about his pathetic "conquests". There were some posts on there by a prostitute who had a client with a 631 number who called her incessantly. Some thorough digging there might turn up something, we are looking for an obsessed monger who calls over and over and over. He has phone OCD

here is a thread from 2008 about burner phones, some older threads might be of interest. I'm not sure if we are allowed to link to utopia guide? But if you google "Double Life: Phones" site: utopiaguide.com you can find it. Someone who digs through threads like this might find interesting stuff, especially threads before Maureen was murdered

I once read a comment suggesting JB had hired kids outside 7-11 to go in and buy a prepaid phone for him. Do you think this is the method the LISK used? Hiring a kid or prostitute to go and buy the prepaid phone for them, or bought it themselves somewhere? Would the burner be able to be traced back to the store where it was bought?

I would imagine phones can be traced back as they are serialized. Anytime a phone is activated within a cellular store, or activated on your own the ESN or IMEI is registers in system. But it's tricky because although the information is there, it requires all that good stuff to access. But yes, the serial number can be tracked and tracked to where it was purchased.

So assuming the LISK used a new burner phone for each of the gilgo 4, looking at where the phones were purchased a pattern could emerge

Probably a nice way of saying this guy patronizes prostitutes A LOT which fits the LISK profile in my opinion
Its probably the only way he can get a woman to touch him. Then he crawls back into his rabbit hole.

Thanks Chris I did read it and it brought LISK to mind right away, considering thats where JT and MBB(?) went missing from. Also the underground tunnels remind me of the case of the brooklyn kid Rashawn Brazell whose dismembered body was found underground "Three days after the teen’s disappearance, two subway workers made a horrific discovery in a tunnel leading to the Nostrand Ave. station in nearby Bedford-Stuyvesant. The trackmen found a bloody plastic bag filled with body parts on a concrete tunnel catwalk north of the A-train platform."

There was a MTA issued bag i believe found with blood crusted and i think it was limited issue to MTA or Port Authority workers. The way they described the scene of the rape reminded me of the places these body parts were found, and it sounded like the perp had a knowledge of the underground subway system

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/brutal-brooklyn-butchering-cold-not-forgotten-article-1.1272230

He is most likely a white male in his mid-20s to mid-40s. He is married or has a girlfriend. He is well educated and well spoken. He is financially secure, has a job and owns an expensive car or truck. He may have sought treatment at a hospital for poison ivy infection. As part of his job or interests, he has access to, or a stockpile of, burlap sacks.
He also either currently or previously lived on or close to Ocean Parkway on Long Island.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/22/nyregion/long-island-serial-killer-gets-a-personality-profile.html

https://www.longislandpress.com/2013/10/13/new-dune-erodes-in-gilgo-threatening-ocean-parkway/

Ll6, Is there any reason other than geography, seasonal nature of crime. and the Sarasota unidentified bodies that makes you think 57 could be Lisk?

I heard that's who the police were looking at so that's the main reason. The strange phone calls from his number are another reason, and the fact that he would have grown up on Ocean Parkway. The late night boat rides mentioned in the obit and only that the my source who knew him described him as "creepy".

I heard that's who the police were looking at so that's the main reason. The strange phone calls from his number are another reason, and the fact that he would have grown up on Ocean Parkway. The late night boat rides mentioned in the obit and only that the my source who knew him described him as "creepy".
The quote about boat rides was eerie to me as well. I have not hear about phone calls frome his number. Any links on that angle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member