The Runaway boy

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think you are confusing sociopathy with an autisic spectrum disorder. not my kids is right. The articles talked about being delayed, that is most likely the reason for his actions. Being in a foster home or group home can be helpful esp with a Therapist parent. I thought this lil guy was already adopted. Maybe not though. Just remember that therapy can include occupational and enviromental. I think this child AND parents would benefit from this rather than just having the family ripped apart (if it is a positive enviroment) I dont think he was gone for days under the neighbors bed I think it was for a few hours. Many times if he doesnt understand that what he did is bad ( speaking in general) he may do it again like notmykids said. Saying that this child is a sociopath isnt right. He needs help somehow.
Saying that this child is abnormal because he ran away isnt right either. Why not just call him a "*advertiser censored*"?!
I was one of those kids who ran away and was put back into a hiorrible situation. I wasnt all smiles I didnt just run to my neighbors and eat ice cream.

IF this child was abused and is emotionally and developmentally on target for his age then I would think his biggest concern would be to LEAVE not eat icecream.

Just think of it this way. Do you know the child or family? Are you the child or family? Do you have experience in dealing with this situation?

If you havent been there done that then you cannot know. And yes that goes for me too.:banghead:

I think you are confusing sociopathy with an autisic spectrum disorder. not my kids is right. The articles talked about being delayed, that is most likely the reason for his actions. Being in a foster home or group home can be helpful esp with a Therapist parent. I thought this lil guy was already adopted. Maybe not though. Just remember that therapy can include occupational and environmental. I think this child AND parents would benefit from this rather than just having the family ripped apart (if it is a positive environment) I dont think he was gone for days under the neighbors bed I think it was for a few hours. Many times if he doesnt understand that what he did is bad ( speaking in general) he may do it again like notmykids said. Saying that this child is a sociopath isnt right. He needs help somehow.
Saying that this child is abnormal because he ran away isnt right either. Why not just call him a "*advertiser censored*"?!
I was one of those kids who ran away and was put back into a hiorrible situation. I wasnt all smiles I didnt just run to my neighbors and eat ice cream.

IF this child was abused and is emotionally and developmentally on target for his age then I would think his biggest concern would be to LEAVE not eat icecream.

Just think of it this way. Do you know the child or family? Are you the child or family? Do you have experience in dealing with this situation?

If you havent been there done that then you cannot know. And yes that goes for me too.:banghead:

BBM

IMO Severely abused and or neglected children typically are delayed. Most come w/ alot of baggage and all too commonly adoptive parents are unprepared for parenting the special needs adopted from foster care children exhibit.

I agree with you, I've read nothing that would indicate this child is a sociopath of any sort.

When I say delayed I mean autism, down syndrome ..... "naturallly" delayed versus enviormentally (ie survivors guilt DiD etc) Many special needs foster families are extensivily trained but somethimes that cannot prepare them for the reality

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rebel23
Back