The shortest distance between two points is a straight line...

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Brefie said:
This happened at 7am, tho, right? Why would they tell him that? They didn't know at that time.

I am not picking at you, quite the opposite!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yes, it did! I'm sorry........I got three hours sleep last night and have been a walking zombie at work today and now at home. Dagnabid, hot flashes and insomnia create "MENTALpause"! Thank you for catching my mistake. For some insane reason, I stored in my brain, the R's telling BR about JBR's death and the Whites taking BR to their house in the same "Memory Timeline File being after one o'clock! I'm so sorry! Geeze.......I think I need about a three week TOTALLY off the computer vacation! :eek:
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif][size=+0]"7:00 am[/size][/font] + [font=Times New Roman, Times, serif][size=+0]John and Fleet White went to Burke's room and woke him up. According to Schiller, Fleet along with John Fernie drove Burke first to the Fernies' to pick up his children and took all the kids to the Whites' where Whites' houseguests (friends and relatives from California) looked after all the kids. Burke never asked why the family was no longer flying to Michigan as planned, where his sister was, or why police were in the house. At 7:45am Fleet and Fernie returned to the Ramsey home."[/size][/font]

Darn it, Angel, I TRULY thought you had the smoking gun!

When I say I wasn't picking, I meant it, I REALLY thought you had something.

Mental Pause - you are too funny!

It also explains the reports that the R's changed their statement that BR awakened by PR screaming when she found the RN and was then sent back into his room to go back to sleep. (edited to delete incorrect time BR left his home to stay at FW's home for the day)

This is very interesting. Just where is it reported that the R's changed their statements to that?

All I've ever seen is that the R's said that Burke was asleep during the whole episode. I've never seen any statement saying they said he was awake. Where can I find that? TIA

Seeker said:
This is very interesting. Just where is it reported that the R's changed their statements to that?

All I've ever seen is that the R's said that Burke was asleep during the whole episode. I've never seen any statement saying they said he was awake. Where can I find that? TIA
acandyrose link by me in media links thread at the top of this forum: Quote~

"* Even though it's almost inconceivable that John and Patsy wouldn't talk to Burke about the murder, they say they didn't find out Burke was awake the morning of the tragedy until he testified before a grand jury nearly two and a half years later!"

The actual quotes concerning this event included that he was awakened by a scream that morning...(if I'm not sleeping in my chair here and totally screwing up recounting this event...) :doh:

I'm going to sleep now... Hopefully for 24+ hours!

A couple thoughts:

1. Had the games of doctor ever included paint brush handles being insterted, or other foreign objects? This doesn't sound like a typical game of doctor.

2. The Rs have a good attorney. Why didn't they just call him and ask him what would happen if say - hypothetically- a 9 year old killed his 6 year old sister. In CO at the time, a 9 could not legally form the requisite intent for murder. I don't believe much would have happened to Burke - certainly nothing warranting this elaborate cover up.

Chrishope said:
A couple thoughts:

1. Had the games of doctor ever included paint brush handles being insterted, or other foreign objects? This doesn't sound like a typical game of doctor.

2. The Rs have a good attorney. Why didn't they just call him and ask him what would happen if say - hypothetically- a 9 year old killed his 6 year old sister. In CO at the time, a 9 could not legally form the requisite intent for murder. I don't believe much would have happened to Burke - certainly nothing warranting this elaborate cover up.
but the coverup also kept the "RAMSEYS" clear of any gossip in repsect to admission of an accident-- I dont believe they could have dealt with the fact it would be public that an accident like that would have occured in their lifestyle...

Chrishope said:
A couple thoughts:

Perhaps they did and that's why we have no phone records. And then maybe they decided it just didn't mesh with their standing to have their son and family forever tainted.

Lots of 'maybes'

j2mirish said:
do you think it would be possible for Burke to remain quiet, and never make a comment that might arouse suspicion, or guilt? - that is the only thing that has left me leading away from him having been involved- even if the parents tried to cover up in a scenario such as this, I have a hard time understanding how he could not have ever slipped, or just come right out with some type of involvement with even an injury--

I think that is a good question, but so far Burke HAS remained quiet about the events of that night/day. I mean, we haven't heard any rumor about something he said to a friends or a teacher. Nothing.

Chrishope said:
A couple thoughts:

#1 - IMO, if any RDI, the paint brush and the garrote are part of the coverup, to make it look like JBR was killed by a perverted masochist.

#2 - Calling a lawyer with such a question would be admitting to an outsider that Burke killed JBR. If the Ramseys didn't like the lawyers answer, they couldn't very well have staged a murder by an intruder and expect the lawyer to buy it.

I am not convinced that Burke is repsonsible -- I really believe that one of the parents did it (most likely Patsy) -- but Burke's involvement does help to explain the intense effort to stage such an unbelievable crime.

Cypros said:
I think that is a good question, but so far Burke HAS remained quiet about the events of that night/day. I mean, we haven't heard any rumor about something he said to a friends or a teacher. Nothing.
I just dont get it-- how have M/M R kept him so quiet for so many years--- attornies, and or money--- he was still a kid for a long time-and now what--- away at college, and no one has ever talked to him- thats why I never thought he was involved-more brainwashed after the fact as to what M/M R told him happened-

j2mirish said:
I just dont get it-- how have M/M R kept him so quiet for so many years--- attornies, and or money--- he was still a kid for a long time-and now what--- away at college, and no one has ever talked to him- thats why I never thought he was involved-more brainwashed after the fact as to what M/M R told him happened-

Whatever happened, Burke has managed to remain quiet for all these years. It seems that he has been very sheltered. IF the theory that Burke did it is true then, despite his parents' efforts, he knows that he was the one that caused the blow to the head that killed his sister AND that his parents faked something else to hide it. I can understand why he would not talk about it to anybody. Guilt is very powerful. IF, on the other hand, Burke did nothing to JBR but has some knowledge of what happened that night and knows that his parents did it, then again I can understand him remaining quiet -- whether in support of his parents or a memory block.

Cypros said:
Well, we did hear this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanEyes
As I posted in another thread, I know someone who knows Burke. He and Burke were casually chatting one day about a year ago and Burke brought up the fact that he doesn't even really remember anything about that night/morning, he has basically blocked it out and that all he knows is that he had nothing to do with it. He did not say anything about his parents. This was out of the blue, my friend did not bring it up. Burke could be lying, but my friend said that he felt Burke was telling the truth.

You know what's odd? Reading excerpts of DOI, and Linda Arndt's report, in the beginning, everyone suspected John. But today, everyone suspects Patsy. I wonder why that is.

angelwngs said:
Well, we did hear this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanEyes
As I posted in another thread, I know someone who knows Burke. He and Burke were casually chatting one day about a year ago and Burke brought up the fact that he doesn't even really remember anything about that night/morning, he has basically blocked it out and that all he knows is that he had nothing to do with it. He did not say anything about his parents. This was out of the blue, my friend did not bring it up. Burke could be lying, but my friend said that he felt Burke was telling the truth.

Right. And this could mean that Burke truly knows nothing and doesn't remember much from that horrific event. It could also mean that Burke has been "advised" to use this line in order to avoid interrogation. If he doesn't remember, then there is nothing more to ask of him. Patsy used this method very effectively, IMO

T-Rex said:
You know what's odd? Reading excerpts of DOI, and Linda Arndt's report, in the beginning, everyone suspected John. But today, everyone suspects Patsy. I wonder why that is.

I think it was the sensational 'chronic abuse' aspect. Nobody initially suspects the mother. Then came the handwriting, and the bedwetting, and the toilet rage. JMO....

"This is very interesting. Just where is it reported that the R's changed their statements to that?"

ACR's is always a good place to start.

"#1 - IMO, if any RDI, the paint brush and the garrote are part of the coverup, to make it look like JBR was killed by a perverted masochist."

Perverted sadist, you mean!

"You know what's odd? Reading excerpts of DOI, and Linda Arndt's report, in the beginning, everyone suspected John. But today, everyone suspects Patsy. I wonder why that is."

I myself am often bothered by that.

SuperDave said:
"#1 - IMO, if any RDI, the paint brush and the garrote are part of the coverup, to make it look like JBR was killed by a perverted masochist."

Perverted sadist, you mean!

Oops!. Yes, you are right. This would be a case of sadism.... :blushing:

T-Rex said:
I think it's Steve Thomas's influence on how the evidence is interpreted. It is, after all, his theory that it was "toilet rage" or whatever you want to call it that led to Jonbenet's murder.

I asked a question on another thread about why so many people believe John is not guilty of the murder and didn't get much of a response. I'd still like to know what evidence is out there that makes people think he didn't do it.

Karen

kayebee said:
I think it's Steve Thomas's influence on how the evidence is interpreted. It is, after all, his theory that it was "toilet rage" or whatever you want to call it that led to Jonbenet's murder.

I asked a question on another thread about why so many people believe John is not guilty of the murder and didn't get much of a response. I'd still like to know what evidence is out there that makes people think he didn't do it.

Karen
I am not sure who between the 2, I would say I thought did it----What drew me more than anything else is the ransom note-- I dont think that has to mean she killed her- but that note tells me she was absolutly involved--if even if just the coverup-so, in my mind, any mother who could help with the randsom note/coverup- could just as easily be the killer--

I myself often ask that question, Karen.

"I think it's Steve Thomas's influence on how the evidence is interpreted. It is, after all, his theory that it was "toilet rage" or whatever you want to call it that led to Jonbenet's murder."

Well, that wasn't so much his theory as it was Dr. Krugman's theory.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gypsysoul11
Back