The Sidebar - Harris Trial

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did yall know that she could be charged as well. Because I think they now charge young teens with child *advertiser censored* for engaging and sending nude pics.

But I don't think they truly enforce it on all minors.

Idk. Just conversating here.

I have only seen teens get charged when they are sexting other teens and mass sharing. (Though it's not the type of thing I follow, so my knowledge is limited.) I think in a situation like this, where he was much older adult exploiting her...there was never going to be any charges for her. And I don't think in any situation where an adult is manipulating or exploiting a teen, there will be charges. (That's JMO.)

I have only seen teens get charged when they are sexting other teens and mass sharing. (Though it's not the type of thing I follow, so my knowledge is limited.) I think in a situation like this, where he was much older adult exploiting her...there was never going to be any charges for her. And I don't think in any situation where an adult is manipulating or exploiting a teen, there will be charges. (That's JMO.)

Agree. I think you are 10000% right.

I really don't think Leanna has ever believed Ross did this on purpose, and I really don't think she would have agreed to testify for the defense if she did. She didn't have to testify, and testifying must have been excruciatingly painful. Not just about incredibly private things like their sex life, but about Cooper. I can't imagine. It hasn't been long enough since Cooper died for her not to be shredded by watching videos of her baby, seeing photos of her baby, by having Boring suggest he was about to show her photos of the scene, omg.

IMO she testified because she believes Ross, and did this one last thing as the last thing she'll ever do for him, so she can move on altogether without feeling guilt, no matter what happens to him next.

I agree with you.

just listened to the wanton question...not pro defense here at all but it just seems like the judge shut down there suggestion and really refuses to give them any definition...i think it important that the jury understand each word in these charges and I hate it when she just will not concede anything to the defense and has no explanation.

But the judge could have been reversed by appeal if she had done so. There is on clear legal definition of the word. So judges do not like to give their own because it can come back at appeals and hurt them for doing so.

Thanks for the well thought out response to my post Zoobiegirl! I did get a chuckle lol. My Gran had a guy calling her not stop asking if she wore black pantyhose, where do these weirdos come from? LOL

I agree with a few things you mentioned, such as the proximity of the car seat, I think where we differ most is that I see no signs of RH being a sociopath.
I haven't heard a single person give any indication that he was or that he resented his child or was strange. Not even the women he was sexting. In any case I have followed with a sociopath, there are always at least
a few people who came forward to mention the creepy vibe they got from the person (even Scott Peterson, though some are saying everyone thought he was normal, that is NOT true). A sociopath does walk around emulating human emotion and empathy the best they can, but I have never seen
a case where that "mask" never slipped even once ever before a murder. I also have not seen the state try to bring that angle up. If they could find testimony/prove he was a sociopath beyond one joking comment about not having a conscience, I am sure they would, it would certainly make the case better than what they did show. But no, everyone in this guys life said he loved his boy and had good things to say about him for the most part.

Since I just don't see evidence of RH being a sociopath, I do not think he simply left the baby in the car on purpose, went to shoot the breeze with work buds while the kid was baking while acting completely normal,
going out at lunch to check if the baby was dead, hear or see some sign he wasn't, then just go back to work, again completely normal until setting the scene after 4pm when the deed was done.

I especially do not see him doing all that because of a double life. I think he got his kicks FROM that double life and sex with strangers. He wasn't looking for love affairs, I think he liked playing naughty old perverted church guy. Pretty well said as much.

In every hot car death case I read up on, there are instances and facts that make me think WTF??? How??? Every single one of them. But I do not believe all of those deaths were done on purpose, I am just not sure what I have
been shown that can tell me this one was, even the close car seat. Some of these parents forget in what seemed to be seconds, some left more than one child, some had triggers but still didn't remember until getting all the way back to daycare, some drove around not smelling a thing, some had small vehicles. I just could not rule RH guilty when the only thing that is different in his case is that I know he's a gross perv.

I also will not find someone guilty for not crying enough, or for laughing when I don't think they should, or because I have a gut feeling, or because his wife is weird. I just wanted to see facts that he at least was truly fed up with his kid beyond the "joker" comment. I have called my son things in jest that could definitely be taken out of context, once it was "soul sucker" because he kept waking up at 4am lol! I have also definitely complained about things like his school constantly asking for money.

It really does not help me seeing all of the internet searches etc. taken out of context. I'm actually pretty disturbed by this investigation. I know Ross is far from a sympathetic creature, but if LE is free to do what they did to him, they're free to do that to anyone. And no, it is not more disturbing than what happened to Cooper or the sexting with minors and I hope he is punished appropriately, just not with malice.

:goodpost::goodpost::goodpost:
Thanks for the well thought out response to my post Zoobiegirl! I did get a chuckle lol. My Gran had a guy calling her not stop asking if she wore black pantyhose, where do these weirdos come from? LOL

I agree with a few things you mentioned, such as the proximity of the car seat, I think where we differ most is that I see no signs of RH being a sociopath.
I haven't heard a single person give any indication that he was or that he resented his child or was strange. Not even the women he was sexting. In any case I have followed with a sociopath, there are always at least
a few people who came forward to mention the creepy vibe they got from the person (even Scott Peterson, though some are saying everyone thought he was normal, that is NOT true). A sociopath does walk around emulating human emotion and empathy the best they can, but I have never seen
a case where that "mask" never slipped even once ever before a murder. I also have not seen the state try to bring that angle up. If they could find testimony/prove he was a sociopath beyond one joking comment about not having a conscience, I am sure they would, it would certainly make the case better than what they did show. But no, everyone in this guys life said he loved his boy and had good things to say about him for the most part.

Since I just don't see evidence of RH being a sociopath, I do not think he simply left the baby in the car on purpose, went to shoot the breeze with work buds while the kid was baking while acting completely normal,
going out at lunch to check if the baby was dead, hear or see some sign he wasn't, then just go back to work, again completely normal until setting the scene after 4pm when the deed was done.

I especially do not see him doing all that because of a double life. I think he got his kicks FROM that double life and sex with strangers. He wasn't looking for love affairs, I think he liked playing naughty old perverted church guy. Pretty well said as much.

In every hot car death case I read up on, there are instances and facts that make me think WTF??? How??? Every single one of them. But I do not believe all of those deaths were done on purpose, I am just not sure what I have
been shown that can tell me this one was, even the close car seat. Some of these parents forget in what seemed to be seconds, some left more than one child, some had triggers but still didn't remember until getting all the way back to daycare, some drove around not smelling a thing, some had small vehicles. I just could not rule RH guilty when the only thing that is different in his case is that I know he's a gross perv.

I also will not find someone guilty for not crying enough, or for laughing when I don't think they should, or because I have a gut feeling, or because his wife is weird. I just wanted to see facts that he at least was truly fed up with his kid beyond the "joker" comment. I have called my son things in jest that could definitely be taken out of context, once it was "soul sucker" because he kept waking up at 4am lol! I have also definitely complained about things like his school constantly asking for money.

It really does not help me seeing all of the internet searches etc. taken out of context. I'm actually pretty disturbed by this investigation. I know Ross is far from a sympathetic creature, but if LE is free to do what they did to him, they're free to do that to anyone. And no, it is not more disturbing than what happened to Cooper or the sexting with minors and I hope he is punished appropriately, just not with malice.

:goodpost:

Very well said. I too have have incredulous moments when reading about other hot car deaths. If you started from the assumption that any of those parents did it intentionally, you could go through and find numerous facts to back up your position. For example, one that struck me was Judge Naramore driving around with his dead son in the back, then when he was on his way to daycare to pick up his son he suddenly he heard a noise from the back - he said it sounded like a leg hitting the carseat - and he turned and saw his son and realised what he had done. The poor child had been dead for hours, there's no way he was kicking his legs around and making noise. If RH had claimed he discovered Cooper's body after hearing a noise, it would have been taken as convincing proof that he was lying and did it on purpose.

I am also not convinced that RH was a sociopath... But even if he was, that does not mean he murdered his son on purpose. Even sociopaths forget things. Most sociopaths are not murderers, so it's perfectly possible that sociopath RH genuinely forgot his son was in the back and was shocked when he realised his son was dead. But then displayed inappropriate emotion because, y'know, he is a sociopath after all.

LOL, you can always come up to Canada, I will buy you a poutine and a beer!

Lol.

Ross has just stated that he would plead guilty if he was allowed to go to a Canadian prison.

Lol

Just joking.

But seriously.

Leanna backed Ross for the most part.

So I doubt the jury will vote guilty for malice or felony murder.

:goodpost::goodpost::goodpost:

:goodpost:

Very well said. I too have have incredulous moments when reading about other hot car deaths. If you started from the assumption that any of those parents did it intentionally, you could go through and find numerous facts to back up your position. For example, one that struck me was Judge Naramore driving around with his dead son in the back, then when he was on his way to daycare to pick up his son he suddenly he heard a noise from the back - he said it sounded like a leg hitting the carseat - and he turned and saw his son and realised what he had done. The poor child had been dead for hours, there's no way he was kicking his legs around and making noise. If RH had claimed he discovered Cooper's body after hearing a noise, it would have been taken as convincing proof that he was lying and did it on purpose.

I am also not convinced that RH was a sociopath... But even if he was, that does not mean he murdered his son on purpose. Even sociopaths forget things. Most sociopaths are not murderers, so it's perfectly possible that sociopath RH genuinely forgot his son was in the back and was shocked when he realised his son was dead. But then displayed inappropriate emotion because, y'know, he is a sociopath after all.

Bang on, this is my point exactly! RH just ended up in cuffs within minutes with his phone searched not long after by LE that seemed quite determined to find SOMETHING to support their theory. I feel if any of those other parents had that happen to them with LE determined to find "something" they would be in this same situation. It doesn't help that my search history would be far more suspicious. How many child deaths have I "researched" here? The search for homemade chloroform effectiveness and signs on a body surely would not bode well for me. I can't even imagine the other shady things I look up out of mere curiosity or to understand while reading cases here or elsewhere.

I'm not even saying he absolutely positively didn't plan this, I'm just saying I haven't seen anything that told me he did. It's not me writing off or explaining away fact after fact and not looking at the big picture, it's that the little facts I was told happened didn't really happen at all or were taken completely out of context. Also, I know the state does not have to prove motive, but the one they gave was just absurd.

I wanted to add, I have no problems understanding circumstantial evidence or finding guilt based solely on it. To give an example of a case I do find guilt in, the Heather Elvis case. I completely find Tammy and Sydney Moorer to be guilty.
I just wanted to clarify it was not the circumstantial aspect of this case that makes me unable to find malice.

I actually lean more to thinking he is somewhere on the Autism Spectrum. I've written a couple of posts about it. He has A LOT of things indicating this. I was really surprised the DEF did not have a physical and psych eval in the defense. He was taking at one point a lot of testosterone supplements due to his being "low T" and the side effects for taking too much are textbook for his behavior (risky sexual behavior being one), I think I had a couple ? of posts about this but it didn't get any traction. Inappropriate emotional and social behavior, misreading of emotional cues, and even the biting of his fingers he was doing in the interview room point to Autism and there are high functioning people on the spectrum who have never been diagnosed.

My one and only belief that he is a sociopath is he is very, very good at lying and concealing his second life. My first husband could lie and convince you of ANYTHING. I would venture to guess that someone with mostly sociopath tendencies would plan this out better, even if it was a spur of the moment inclination. I just keep hanging on the small interior of the car, the position of the seat, the size of Cooper and how tall Ross is. It just baffles me how he could not see him.

And I agree with you 100% on the behavior of law enforcement. I don't understand how his supervisor was able to wait an entire year and then write a report! I would have thought that sort of thing was against the rules. And as I mentioned there are other things that I'm disgusted by their behavior. I think I would have wanted to go see my son. But if I as in shock and had already been told he was taken to the ME I can see where I might not think that was a option, particularly after I was stuck in a interview room and not allowed the people with me to stay with me. And then they won't tell her where her husband was. I am the sort of person I would want to see my husband to find out it it was true and then think we together could insist on seeing our child. But I don't think there is anyway to know what we would do for sure since we, thank God, are not having to go through that.

Like I said, I keep swinging back and forth. One of the women Dr D testified for said in the article that it didn't matter if they put her in prison or not, she would still be behind bars because she would have to live with what she did. I can really see that. He's going to be guilty on the sexting with the minor, probably federal charges too, he's lost his wife, (his child), his job, his friends, his standing in the community. I don't see how he could ever get any of those things back and if he goes to prison for a long time on the other charges I think I will be ok with that. {and stay in my swing}

I hope ya'all can understand my feelings, hopefully get what I'm trying, imperfectly to say. I watched all of the OJ case on what was it then, Court TV. I thought he did it, had no doubt he did, but I didn't think the state proved it and they did a couple of REALLY boneheaded things in their presentation.So I don't think the PROS gets a pass by any means. I know it would be inappropriate and all but I kept thinking if only they got a child actor Cooper's size and could put him in the same car and the same seat and then we could really SEE what it was like. :pullhair: I get that would not be the thing to do though. (please nobody feel like it needs explaining why wee can't traumatize small child actors lol :scared:)

I'm probably going to go get some sleep, been up all night watching the news. Love ya'all :loveyou:

Anyone else feeling that there will be a verdict today? I have to go out for a while and figure it will be announced while I'm away from computer.

Okay i have headache too, from being awake. From comforting people that this doesn't mean end is near. Comforting my american friends and telling them to stop saying they are sorry.

to the case: I do believe JHR IS guilty to malice murder but I could not vote for it. I think legally reasonable doubt is higher than "oh yeah.. he did it". I would vote guilty on felony murder and everything else i could get him for. No favorite prosecutors, defense attorneys, investigators. Not cherry picking whose posts I have liked FWIW. Here's hoping for a verdict before the long weekend. Thank you to every poster for the insight and posts. Keep cool and remember the spirits of his board. Agree to disagree and be be friends whenever possible. :blowkiss:

We let our 14 year old son stay up until 1AM last night, even though he has school today. It was quite remarkable, listening to him on and off as he and his friends discussed election returns on Google chat, kept track of electoral votes, expressed their own thoughts, and........didn't laugh.

He wasn't laughing this morning either, but that's OK, neither were his parents.

Any "laughing" I did was in complete and total shock. (I don't think anyone is actually, literally laughing...do you?) All of last night felt surreal. It's now subsided into feeling very vulnerable and especially scared for my wonderful migrant neighbors. Considering going back, is not the conversation friends should be having after an election.

It's really hard to concentrate on anything else, but trying to get back to verdict watch and not turn the thread into something else. It's a really strange day.

wow, last night, wow .....

I'm mobile today, will be following along here via Tapatalk for a verdict. After last night, anything is possible, even in this case. SMH, hoping for guilty verdict on all counts.

wow, last night, wow .....

I'm mobile today, will be following along here via Tapatalk for a verdict. After last night, anything is possible, even in this case. SMH, hoping for guilty verdict on all counts.

I don't use twitter so I am counting on the 11 alive app and here for the verdict. I'm so on edge about this jury that when I hear the app notify me my heart races...but because it's a news channel they send out random notifications all the time..has the ability to give me a nervous breakdown..I might have to cave and get twitter lol

What's happening this morning? Are they deliberating yet? If not, what time do they begin? TIA.

What's happening this morning? Are they deliberating yet? If not, what time do they begin? TIA.

Deliberating and getting ready for their first of too many breaks lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member