The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
the barn where Trudy Darby was taken of course was burned but the location is West Branch Rd in Macks Creek MO. I have often wondered myself if there is possibly any evidence remaining there afetr all these years?

The copy of the Appeals Trial for Jess Rush is can be found by doing a Google Search, and I believe you can find copies of the letters he wrote that way as well. I'd give you the actual web site but I don't know it off the top of my head. If you have a hard time finding it let me know and I'll see if I can track it down.

I think there is also some of it on here. Mo. Case Net can be searched for a little information on Jess Rush's trial.

Incidently, do you know the "Exact Location" where the barn was...on West Branch Rd in Macks Creek, Mo.

the location yes, the exact location where her body was no, but I have past by the location several times as well as the Little Nig. where she was placed.
and the location where the barn once was. Very eerie, I guess because the brothers are still around the area

BTW thanks for the info on the Jess rush trial which I have alot of info on now I need the Chaney case

the location yes, the exact location where her body was no, but I have past by the location several times as well as the Little Nig. where she was placed.
and the location where the barn once was. Very eerie, I guess because the brothers are still around the area

I was refering to the "Exact" location of where the barn used to be. If you can tell me where that is it would be great...or post a google earth link to it.
And yea...I guess one of the Chever brothers still lives in Mack Creek. I believe it was Greg Chever. Its my understanding that there were at least two other people who were supposidly involved in the Trudy Darby incident, but for some reason never got charged. I thought one of them was a Chever. I'm sure who ever it was that didn't get charged, knows about a heck of a lot more stuff that that group did, then Law Enforcement ever found out about.

Ok I am new to this thread and I did some reading on these 3 as well as a few others that went missing in the area at the same time. I may be way off here or it may have already been mentioned, but in one of the letters written by Jess he mentions Cheevers and Parel. What are the chances that Cheevers is really Shafers? The reason I ask is Rob Schafer is the boyfriend of Angela Hammond (who went missing 4/4/1991). So if in January Rob Shafer, Jess Rush, and Marvin Chaney kidnap and kill Trudy, posibbly they killed Angela as well. I know there has always been thoughts that they were linked, but Cheevers could be Schafers...Hammond was also pregnant with Shafers child. Even if he wasnt directly involved with her kidnapping, maybe his friends were. I would like to know if they knew each other.

"I just wish my brother would have done like I said at the barn and burnt the ***** up but that ***** *advertiser censored* cheevers and parel desided to take the ***** to a ****in river instead. I was to ****ed up to argue with em all I wanted to do was **** the ***** then shoot her in the head to watch her brains come out. Sounds cool huh? . . . if the ***** would have not moved in the trunk at the river my brother wouldn't of had to shoot her in the head again just the have the cops find a shell the stupid mother ****er the only smart thing we did was have marshels brother greg burn the barn other wise the mother ****ers would have a lot more on us. im glad they don't know every thing else we did or i'd be on death row . . . "

I ran across this quote and I don't know if I would call it prophetic or not but it could very well apply to the 3MW case. For those of us who have worked hard on this case we may be to the point where "you find out that you can’t find out."

“Some things you can’t find out; but you will never know you can’t by guessing and supposing: no, you have to be patient and go on experimenting until you find out that you can’t find out. And it is delightful to have it that way, it makes the world so interesting. If there wasn’t anything to find out, it would be dull. Even trying to find out and not finding out is just as interesting as trying to find out and finding out, and I don’t know but more so.” -- Mark Twain, The Diaries of Adam and Eve.

How dio I upload an image here? I have a new mugshot of Robert Craig Cox.

If someone will email me or PM I will send it to them and we can get it up.

Robert Craig Cox

RobertCraigCox738775.jpg

Thanks for your help in getting Cox's most recent mug shot up, Indy. It took me a couple of days to get them to send me the newest one.

I have put in a formal request with TXDOC to go interview Cox.

Indy, we should put it in the images section too.

I haven't read this thread for a while but I had to share this my daughter had my first grandson @ Cox South on 12-31-2009, I was out in my car smoking and waiting for the baby and I got the strangest feeling come over me to my bones and made me shiver. It was cold that day but this was a different kind of shiver. I couldn't quite figure out why because I was very happy and excited regarding the impending birth. I know this sounds crazy but I could almost see the 3 women like kinda float by the car window and it dawned on me why the shiver. I had not even thought of them and it was the last thing I had on my mind. I went back in the hospital and I realized my vechicle was facing the parking garage. Needless to say I had my BIL move it later that day and have not even mentioned it until now but it was a strange and errie feeling. I really do think they are there close by. I am not psycic in the least and never have these feelings but I sure did that day.....

I haven't read this thread for a while but I had to share this my daughter had my first grandson @ Cox South on 12-31-2009, I was out in my car smoking and waiting for the baby and I got the strangest feeling come over me to my bones and made me shiver. It was cold that day but this was a different kind of shiver. I couldn't quite figure out why because I was very happy and excited regarding the impending birth. I know this sounds crazy but I could almost see the 3 women like kinda float by the car window and it dawned on me why the shiver. I had not even thought of them and it was the last thing I had on my mind. I went back in the hospital and I realized my vechicle was facing the parking garage. Needless to say I had my BIL move it later that day and have not even mentioned it until now but it was a strange and errie feeling. I really do think they are there close by. I am not psycic in the least and never have these feelings but I sure did that day.....

You should take in "Psychic Investigators" sometime. You may have something in common with those folks. No one can explain these things and I certainly wouldn't rule them out of hand. The facts that the cops stubbornly refuse to core that garage is one of total frustration on the part of those who believe something is buried there. And the technology that would establish the presence of something beneath the concrete slab is absolutely proven beyond any doubt.

Having only one child a daughter this case has always haunted me people just don't disappear into thin air someone knows and the families have suffered this for all these years. Its truley disgusting that these cowards got away with murder X3

There must be reruns of 48 Hours showing everyday. I wonder why they never replay The Springfield Three's. This gets on my nervous so bad. Just venting.:banghead:

There must be reruns of 48 Hours showing everyday. I wonder why they never replay The Springfield Three's. This gets on my nervous so bad. Just venting.:banghead:

To be honest, it is outdated to be of much value. What would be better would be if this were to be on a program such as the "Bureau" but that will only come after the case is solved as the FBI doesn't publish unsolved cases.

There was a lot of reenactment and extraneous "junk" added to the program which really doesn't provide good information. The cops won't talk and the primary suspect won't talk nor someone else who is cooling his heels in prison won't talk either.

I've watched this program about 30 times and when one distills it down to the facts there isn't all that much. An updated "24 hour" piece would be helpful but it is my understanding that CBS has resisted several efforts to look at it again. As I understood it from a local reporter, the cops simply refuse to discuss the case. So that's where we stand. Devoid of facts and subject to endless speculation.

["So that's where we stand. Devoid of facts and subject to endless speculation." --MM]

At least the endless speculation continues to fascinate. Even on hiatus, the Missing Springfield 3 thread(s) are the best on WebSleuths.

An updated "24 hour" piece would be helpful but it is my understanding that CBS has resisted several efforts to look at it again. As I understood it from a local reporter, the cops simply refuse to discuss the case. So that's where we stand. Devoid of facts and subject to endless speculation.

It's really sad that the cops refuse to talk about the case, because it could use media attention to help get new leads. I really feel bad for Stacey's family. They've never given up hope, but it seems that everyone else has.

I watch for it too and you're right, they never rerun it. I have written to 48 Hours twice now asking them to do an update on the original show, but never got a response. At least it would get some outside reporters going to Springfield and poking around, trying to get people to talk about it again.

There is a new program on ID called "Disappeared" that features unsolved missing persons cases. Each episode focuses only on one case in-depth. It premiered last night. I checked out the website for the show and couldn't find contact information. I had intended to email them about this case. Maybe someone here could check and have better luck?

http://investigation.discovery.com/tv/disappeared/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member