The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And what would be the relation to this $$ person to the victims-- for all of us who don't know who you are talking about?

This is a bit tricky to address. There may in fact be no direct relation. But if someone knowingly or unknowingly (even indirectly) is involved in a crime before or after the fact and doesn't come forth to LE, I believe they would be culpable in some fashion.

Let me provide a hypothetical situation. "A" commits a crime. "B" assists "A" to make his "getaway" obviously knowing full well that "A" has committed a crime or bankrolls his getaway obviously knowing he is assisting someone in the crime that would make him an "accessory after the fact." That is sort of where I was driving. As I was saying this is a hypothetical situation not necessarily related to this crime. I hope this has not further muddied the water still further.

Usually every Memorial Day weekend we head up from Tulsa to a memorial service at Calvary Cemetary in Springfield (where grandparents are buried) and I think of these beautiful women each year at this time. I was in Springfield the weekend this happened years ago at a cousin's graduation weekend. I spent many weekends babysitting and house sitting and I never forgot this. I would read or clean to exhaustion because I was scared to stay by myself.

Whenever I think of this case the story replays like an episode of "Cold Case" complete with a soundtrack from that time. Paula Abdul, Roxette, Bon Jovi, etc. Springfield was/is a pretty hopping place, lots of restaurants, busy mall, lots of small businesses, lots of churches.

As someone who has spent a great deal of time driving up and down 1-44,when you pop out of city limits you are in some very desolate areas. Sometimes I look at the huge amounts of woods and creeks and wonder what is out there.

A couple years ago at a OK border rest stop I saw an abandoned car that didn't look right. it was a newer model but you could see that grass was growing underneath the car bumper and a lot of personal belongings were inside. I took down the tag and called the OHP. They passed me to the OSBI, who passed me on to the TPD. They told me I would need to print off a form and bring it in personally, but that wasn't much to write and nothing they could do. This is when I was pretty into this case so I was spooked.

QUESTION:
Can anyone give the address, directions, cross roads, of where the "Robb Farm" was/is located??
I'd like to look at it on Google Maps, however I can't seem to find the "Physical Location" of the property listed anywhere. I thought I had it, or knew where to find it.....but I guess not.
Any help on this issue would be much appreceated!! :)

Please use extreme caution. Nothing good seems to come from that place.

Please use extreme caution. Nothing good seems to come from that place.

Oh...I wasn't planning on actually going out there. I just wanted to take a look at the area that LE originally searched, on Google Earth.

I found the information I was looking for though.......Its just sad that no one on here cared enough to take a moment to answer my question.

.......Its just sad that no one on here cared enough to take a moment to answer my question.

Monkeymann, it was the first 3 day holiday weekend since New Years! Sorry, no one was around who could take care of your need. Apparently those who were didn't have the info either. Now that is truly sad.

Heh, you don't want me trying to map or locate anything. No telling where you would end up! I have no spatial sense...as soon as someone starts giving me directions, my mind turns to putty.

Drake, I believe this to be a simple case of a random sexual assault gone bad. I have posted many times before that if the two girls had not arrived back home at the time they did Sherrill would have likely been raped in her own home, probably threatened and beaten within an inch of her life, but left alive. Follow the KISS principle. Just because LE does not currently have the necessary evidence to satisfy their burden of proof in a court of law does not mean that this case is not solved. Or that it is some big conspiracy of drugs, money, bad cops & serial killers.

Since I am posting this I want to say that I am going silent with my research and will no longer be posting on any board, so don't waste your time directing questions to me because I won't be answering.

This is Hurricanes angle on the case. Follow the KISS principle hunh. If you actually apply the KISS principle to this case, it places you at the last people who saw the women alive, and their actions the night of the crime, as well as the following day. As well as, The Grave Robber Case which has a motive attached to it. And, there is the Family Member angle. As well as, the Robbert Craig Cox angle.

Those are the ONLY four directions this case goes if following the KISS principle!

So how do you come up with, "Random Sexual Assault". As well as include your opinion on what the perp would have ultimately done had the girls not returned home?

You obviously think you know who comitted this crime based on the statement you made above.

So....with keeping with the KISS principle, as well as your Random Sexual Assault theory, how is it that you came up with this suspect?

This suspect I might add, that you say has no connections to nither the people who were with the girls that night, nor the Grave Robber Case, Nor a Family Member?

***Updated: Found the link in the first page of this thread. I think there used to be a forum here for the Springfield Three, which contained threads on potential suspects and such, and that's been assimilated into the regular Missing But Not Forgotten forum - and that's where I got confused.

Came to read through the older threads (#5, specifically - I missed a lot of the content on that thread) - and can't locate it.

Not trying to violate TOS by discussing moderation/pulled threads, but, is it available? Maybe the direct links were just removed?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

SC

I don't three women missing could be something random.

Here it is, 21 years later. I'm told by many that the cops "know." Great. What can be done about it? Confession is really all we have at this point? Well why can't we do what NYC cops would do and "smoke" them out? Surely there's a way.

I don't three women missing could be something random.

Here it is, 21 years later. I'm told by many that the cops "know." Great. What can be done about it? Confession is really all we have at this point? Well why can't we do what NYC cops would do and "smoke" them out? Surely there's a way.

Maybe I should replace the word "random" with the phrase "spur of the moment". And what that means is the rape or abduction of anyone living at 1717 was not the original plan for the evening. There may have been other issues there but 1717 was not the original target of their activities. When their original plans fell thru whatever happened next at 1717 was truly a spur of the moment opportunity.

We all know that rape is a crime of power and hatred of women. It's not a crime of lust. I don't know the percentages and I'm sure they can be found on the Internet, but most victims of rape are random targets; a smaller percentage of victims are actual targets of (ex) boyfriends, (ex) husbands or other male acquaintances.

Perp(s) with just such anger issues possibly fueled even higher because their original plans were foiled for that night, were driving by 1717 upon leaving the area of the bigger estate-type homes just to the west. They could have seen Sherrill's bedroom window and blinds one quarter of the way open with a table lamp turned on; knowing who lived there, they peeked in the window where they saw Sherrill either reading her book or possibly she had fallen asleep while reading, and possibly having other issues with the victim(s) who lived there a spur of the moment opportunity evolved from there.

Who had such hatred for women and how did such hatred develop? Who was the active rapist in the area at that time?

I'm reminded of these dear lovely ladies at this time of year, when the local kids are getting ready for graduation. I'm from Missouri originally and used to spend a lot of time in Springfield for work reasons. Its such a lovely area. It's hard to imagine such an outrageous crime as this could happen there.

As always, these women are in my prayers as are their family and loved ones. Bless them all.

Well, if the cops "know," it would be nice if they could take a shot at prosecution--even it meant going after a charge like kidnapping to preserve the chance for murder if they are worried about prosecuting such a case without finding the bodies.

I am sorry that sentence is so grim, but last night I was thinking about our three missing women and read an academic essay that Bartt has up on the Streeter family blog about the complicated bereavement issues of families who never get resolution to such cases. According to this essay, one of the most difficult things for families to process is the idea that LE knows but "can't prosecute." It would be so easy for LE to keep both families up to date on the case, at least. Bartt, my prayers go out to you in hopes that you will have answers soon. Thanks for sharing that article. It can provide people with insight into the heartbreak of families of the missing or murdered.

And Simply Caustic, the full forum is still here. Go to the top of this page and click on The Springfield Three.

Thinking of Sherrill, Suzie and Stacy. You are not forgotten.

Any thoughts on the porch light covering being broken but not the bulb itself?

If LE "knows" who did it, why not use the old trick of getting word to him that they have found something & are reopening an investigation or whatever to rattle him up and see what he does? Or let a grand jury decide if there is enough to charge? Anything is better than nothing!

Any thoughts on the porch light covering being broken but not the bulb itself?

If LE "knows" who did it, why not use the old trick of getting word to him that they have found something & are reopening an investigation or whatever to rattle him up and see what he does? Or let a grand jury decide if there is enough to charge? Anything is better than nothing!

If the globe was the closed kind I believe it was, there was 1/8" of clearance for the globe to fall to the porch and not break the bulb. My personal opinion is that it was knocked loose as the last victim was taken from the home.

It is my personal opinion that the police do not wish to proceed until they are absolutely certain they can get a conviction. There were two very high profile homicides in the Springfield area that resulted in acquittals because they were improperly investigated and/or prosecuted. This case having its high community interest is unlikely to brought to trial until it can be viewed as a solid case that will result in convictions that will not be overturned on appeal.

Information that is largely unknown is, to my knowledge, being worked by an elite group of detectives and evidently there is no leakage of information. There is no way to know how the investigation has proceeded.

My personal opinion is as follows: That is to say I can't say with absolute certitude that these opinions are accurate but to the best of my knowledge probable.

1) A van was in fact used as described by two separate individuals, the "yard sale lady" and the "porch lady." I believe both accounts are credible. The color of the van was described as a pale green or similar color.

2) A minimum of two individuals were involved. I believe they remain alive today and are on the street. (Some believe one person was capable, however.) Some believe that one perp is now deceased or as described "under control."

3) There was one person who reportedly flunked the polygraph. His identity is not known.

4) At least one perp has been known for a decade or more. I also believe there is at least one other perp, who is/was unknown.

5) This was almost certainly a "sexual assault" case as theorized by several law enforcement agencies who have studied the case.

6) Whoever gained entry to the home was known by one or more of the occupants. This essentially jibes with the FBI profiler comments in the early states of the investigation. It is not known if the person gaining entry was the same person who failed the polygraph.

7) The alleged sighting at "George's" is very unlikely to be credible based on several factors including the reported (to me) the clothing worn. And no corroborating witnesses existed or failed to come forward.

8) Whatever took place happened between 2:45 AM and about 6 AM based on fairly reliable information.

9) It is not impossible that some DNA was found during the forensic phase of the investigation. This is an area of great dispute depending on who one wishes to believe.

10 It is not impossible that Sherrill could have been taken prior to the girls arriving back home. The perp(s) could have come back to "clean up" the crime scene and discovered the girls at that time.

11) The crime scene was very much corrupted by later visitors to the home. This probably the single biggest impediment to having solved this crime. As described to me, this crime was "unsolvable" because of this unfortunate situation. This is also why several have opined that it will take a confession to close the case.

If the globe was the closed kind I believe it was, there was 1/8" of clearance for the globe to fall to the porch and not break the bulb. My personal opinion is that it was knocked loose as the last victim was taken from the home.

It is my personal opinion that the police do not wish to proceed until they are absolutely certain they can get a conviction. There were two very high profile homicides in the Springfield area that resulted in acquittals because they were improperly investigated and/or prosecuted. This case having its high community interest is unlikely to brought to trial until it can be viewed as a solid case that will result in convictions that will not be overturned on appeal.

Information that is largely unknown is, to my knowledge, being worked by an elite group of detectives and evidently there is no leakage of information. There is no way to know how the investigation has proceeded.

My personal opinion is as follows: That is to say I can't say with absolute certitude that these opinions are accurate but to the best of my knowledge probable.

1) A van was in fact used as described by two separate individuals, the "yard sale lady" and the "porch lady." I believe both accounts are credible. The color of the van was described as a pale green or similar color.

2) A minimum of two individuals were involved. I believe they remain alive today and are on the street. (Some believe one person was capable, however.) Some believe that one perp is now deceased or as described "under control."

3) There was one person who reportedly flunked the polygraph. His identity is not known.

4) At least one perp has been known for a decade or more. I also believe there is at least one other perp, who is/was unknown.

5) This was almost certainly a "sexual assault" case as theorized by several law enforcement agencies who have studied the case.

6) Whoever gained entry to the home was known by one or more of the occupants. This essentially jibes with the FBI profiler comments in the early states of the investigation. It is not known if the person gaining entry was the same person who failed the polygraph.

7) The alleged sighting at "George's" is very unlikely to be credible based on several factors including the reported (to me) the clothing worn. And no corroborating witnesses existed or failed to come forward.

8) Whatever took place happened between 2:45 AM and about 6 AM based on fairly reliable information.

9) It is not impossible that some DNA was found during the forensic phase of the investigation. This is an area of great dispute depending on who one wishes to believe.

10 It is not impossible that Sherrill could have been taken prior to the girls arriving back home. The perp(s) could have come back to "clean up" the crime scene and discovered the girls at that time.

11) The crime scene was very much corrupted by later visitors to the home. This probably the single biggest impediment to having solved this crime. As described to me, this crime was "unsolvable" because of this unfortunate situation. This is also why several have opined that it will take a confession to close the case.

Wow, EXCELLENT points! You sure you aren't a profiler? It would suit you. :)
I also agree about the van.

Wow, EXCELLENT points! You sure you aren't a profiler? It would suit you. :)
I also agree about the van.

I appreciate the kind comments but in truth I have had a long interest in this case. Over a period of time the essential facts seem more evident and there has been much written about this case. I've also had some help along the way. But I would leave you with this thought. None of us laymen really know how the investigation is progressing or at all. We are just out of the loop.

What I do know is that from what I have seen has led me to advise everyone to let the professionals (the police) handle this case. Stated differently I am not looking to discover new suspects. If the police cannot solve this case with what they have it may never be solved. And I can state with certainty they have vast quantities of information at their disposal. I believe it is accurate to state that there are some 24 or more boxes of material at the SPD and every tip, rumor, etc., has been tagged and run to ground. It is not enough to know who committed the crime but how to convict them.

There is nothing we can do but to express our personal beliefs. I do believe what I posted but I can't guarantee you that what I said is provable fact.

I am interested in the idea that Sherrill might have been abducted before the girls got home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003