The State v. Jodi Arias: break in trial until 28 January 2013 #19 *ADULT CONTENT*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No foundation whatsoever about whose hard drive this is or where it came from. Very poor performance by defense attorney, or intentional attempt to show jury pics that are not admissible because of the lack of any relevance or ability to establish a foundation.

PLEASE...someone...please tell me what in the HELL-O does it matter whose photos these belong to? HOW does it matter? Why is everyone going on and on and on about it? I just don't understand. I know that it seems to be okay and definitely not against rules here, but this is supposed to be a victim friendly forum. How would any of us feel if our brother, or father, or son were murdered and there was a forum of people laughing and joking about a part of him? I'm sure I will take heat on this, but I feel that I have to say it out of respect for a dead young man who was slaughtered. I don't mean to offend anyone with this post. I just don't understand. PLEASE help me understand!

Oh. This post made me want to cry. It's true. This poor, young man. Yes, he went against his religion but clearly he felt guilt. So, I can just imagine how he would feel now if he knew what was being shown and discussed and how his poor siblings fee.

I see the utter devastation on his sister's faces. One has to be held up in her seat by the victim advocate. She can barely keep it together. They both look 10 years older than they are in the face from this. I imagine what I would do if it was one of my treasured brothers who had been slaughtered and then picked apart by the public, his most intimate, private moments published, his body examined. I don't know how they cope.

I do think the dignity of the victim in this case has been taken.

I agree with the first part; not so much with the second.

They're both almost exactly the same condition (ASPD); the condition was just caused by different factors. It's very much related to the nature/nurture debate that plagues sociology and psychology.

I did a lot of research and reading on the differences between the various personality disorders during the fallout from the Columbine Shootings, and the Casey Anthony investigation/trial. I really wanted to understand how they could do what they did. I find the psychological aspect of these criminals fascinating.

You didn't address the part of my comment about the family environment though. What abuse or hardship did any of them suffer? You believe sociopaths are a product of their environment. Does a comfortable lifestyle and being somewhat privileged (or in Joran's case REALLY privileged), combined with extreme enabling, provide that type of environment that breeds a sociopath? Maybe if they came from broken, impoverished, or abusive homes I might feel differently.

Joran van der Sloot, Eric Harris, Casey Anthony and now Jodi Arias are not people who were sexually abused, physically abused, emotionally abused, or victims of an unstable home life. So how can you classify them as sociopaths or BPDs? You said it yourself, nature vs nurture. In their case I would very much have to conclude it's nature.

I just have to say something...I am a 50 year old grandmother with 3 grown sons and a 2 year old granddaughter been married since I was 18 years old. My husband and I have STILL have phone sex, sexting, have taken pictures and have toys....what about that is dirty and why would any of that give me the right to murder my husband in cold blood (which IMO is what happened). I turn on the TV tonight and see these "professionals" talking about JA and TA having a salacious sex life and TA is a sexual deviant and he is sex craxzed.... REALLY???????????????? Except for the fact that he was a mormon and it was obviously frowned upon as a mormon, I think they were just normal adults with a pretty normal sex life. I guess the defense has to do something with whatever evidence they have but their/his sex just does not seem all of that out of control.

...and I call him daddy.....carry on!
**My apologies as I'm way behind and catching up**

Hallelujah and thanks for having the guts to put out there exactly what normal, loving, monogamous couples do and enjoy! And there should be zero shame in it!

Thanks Camdenres and do not for a minute be the least bit embarrassed..unlike how our media chooses to spin these exact type "normal" things, they are "good" and nothing whatsoever to feel shame about.

All jmo.

I understand what you are saying. But, there still are several people here who have said that they think it is Travis'. If it were my son or brother, and I happened to come here to read about my loved one's thread, I would be shocked and horrified at this being discussed. I have absolutely not a bit of prudishness in me and even chimed in here or there on Jodi and her nudies. But, this is a slaughtered innocent human being and joking about the state, size, etc. of a penis that could be his, is just wrong, to me.

I know that I can scroll past and not read it or leave, which I will be doing very shortly. But, I am truly interested in the trial and the legal aspects. I scrolled through dozens of pages, hoping that it would be over soon, and it still isn't. All I ask is to think of how any of us would feel if it were our loved one. That's all...:(

TY for this. I may have posted a bit wrecklessly. I always appreciate someone refocusing the direction to where it should be here, and that is the innocent life lost. We can never be too aware of how we treat and discuss the victims in these trials. TY.

That's exactly what the defense is trying to do. This is LDS country. You better believe there are Mormons on the jury. They need just one to be so appalled by what Travis did as an elder to believe that he must be evil and capable of anything, or that he asked for it.

I have a shiver down my spine thinking about it. I am worried. I think the judge is doing her utmost to allow jodi to put on a real defense but I have never heard so much irrelevant nonsense in an attempt to paint the victim as a *advertiser censored*, in my life. I don't get how half this stuff is admissible. But criminal trials are not my thing so maybe I;m missing something. I assume it must have to do with laying foundation or showing that Travis hid his true, abusive self just like he hid his sexual behavior. I don;t know. To me it's like blaming a rape victim for what they wore, as someone else pointed out on here a long time ago.
BBM

Despite a very active board tonight after the last couple of photos were posted (I thought this site was gonna crash for sure), I'd like to nominate this for BEST POST OF THE DAY!

I heard somebody say that the jury is made up of mostly older, maybe retired age folks. Indeed this is Mormon country and all it takes is one. Here we all are with our "whatever" backgrounds, seeing this whole thing through our filters and I believe gitana1 and the poster she quoted have cut to the chase. All it takes is one older, conservative Mormon who feels like TA has dragged the religion through the mud with his cavorting with this woman.

We may disagree with the sentiment of that one juror, but many of us have no idea what is going on in their minds because we have never lived their lives. I dare say most of us will never understand their core beliefs, but that won't matter one bit.

Thank you gitana1. :clap:

Oh. This post made me want to cry. It's true. This poor, young man. Yes, he went against his religion but clearly he felt guilt. So, I can just imagine how he would feel now if he knew what was being shown and discussed and how his poor siblings fee.

I see the utter devastation on his sister's faces. One has to be held up in her seat by the victim advocate. She can barely keep it together. They both look 10 years older than they are in the face from this. I imagine what I would do if it was one of my treasured brothers who had been slaughtered and then picked apart by the public, his most intimate, private moments published, his body examined. I don't know how they cope.

I do think the dignity of the victim in this case has been taken.

I completely agree. And, sadly, I feel that being on this thread...I have been a part of that and it tears my heart out. Thank you for saying this...at least I know I'm not alone in feeling the way I do.

BBM LOL! Great, now I am thinking about Bill Clinton's penis!!

OMG, I forgot about that! I hear about Peyronie's day in and day out at work so it's like saying kitchen to me. Now I'm going to be chuckling at work for the next few days, lol

I lived with 4 males for many years (3 sons + husband). From knowledge gathered from these males, IMO, it would be a cold day in Hell before a male would send his lover a photo of another man's penis which was larger than his. :D

Jodi most definitely sent that photo to herself.

There is an Internet site where you can paste a photo and it tells you where that photo has been posted on the Internet. Maybe the photo appears on other *advertiser censored* sites and we would know that it definitely wasn't Travis'. (Jodi copied it and sent it to herself.) Has anyone tried this yet?

I have not tried this but I've heard of it in the news recently re: those "Catfish" schemes. If anyone finds this site, please post! TIA

That is exactly the way I see it too. He tried everything, including being brutally honest and she just refused to go away. He was being way too courteous and polite and it didn't work. So, he tried to insult her, call her names, everything. She was like a booger that he just could not thump off his finger. He was at a loss as to how to get rid of her, nothing worked.

Then why was she on the overnight(s) trip with him?
Don't forget, he took her. Sorry, but it's incredibly rude for him to marginalize JA by saying to the waitress "I'm not with her" (paraphrase). See, that's the point about part of the abuse the defense is I believe, trying to build a foundation for: that he humiliated her and marginalized her.

And yes I know, being rude is not a reason to kill someone. I know. She was good enough to boff when he was horny, but not good enough to treat decently. That's where the defense is headed with all this carp testimony, and it's a slow road not leading to a self defense justification. But come on, he was damned rude to her. He just was. IMO.

I completely agree. And, sadly, I feel that being on this thread...I have been a part of that and it tears my heart out. Thank you for saying this...at least I know I'm not alone in feeling the way I do.

You are not alone. I said much the same thing at the beginning of this trial with the pics of him on the shower. I am mortified for this poor young man and his family. :(

TY for this. I may have posted a bit wrecklessly. I always appreciate someone refocusing the direction to where it should be here, and that is the innocent life lost. We can never be too aware of how we treat and discuss the victims in these trials. TY.

And, thank you for saying that. I really do appreciate it very much.

As has been pointed out to me, the penis pics are "part of the trial". But, I disagree. They may technically be a part of the clinical definition of the trial, but going on and on to humiliate the memory of this man who was an innocent victim is just sickening to me. And, I have to point out that I am not accusing anyone of doing anything on purpose. I just think that too often, people forget about the sanctity of what should be discussed to what actually is being discussed. Every one of us has a right to say what we want to here and laugh about whatever we want to. However, I also feel the necessity to point out my feelings as well.

I did a lot of research and reading on the differences between the various personality disorders during the fallout from the Columbine Shootings, and the Casey Anthony investigation/trial. I really wanted to understand how they could do what they did. I find the psychological aspect of these criminals fascinating.

You didn't address the part of my comment about the family environment though. What abuse or hardship did any of them suffer? You believe sociopaths are a product of their environment. Does a comfortable lifestyle and being somewhat privileged (or in Joran's case REALLY privileged), combined with extreme enabling, provide that type of environment that breeds a sociopath? Maybe if they came from broken, impoverished, or abusive homes I might feel differently.

Joran van der Sloot, Eric Harris, Casey Anthony and now Jodi Arias are not people who were sexually abused, physically abused, emotionally abused, or victims of an unstable home life. So how can you classify them as sociopaths or BPDs? You said it yourself, nature vs nurture. In their case I would very much have to conclude it's nature.
Please share links with evidence proving Joran, Eric, Casey and Jodi were not physically or mentally abused during their childhoods.

I lived with 4 males for many years (3 sons + husband). From knowledge gathered from these males, IMO, it would be a cold day in Hell before a male would send his lover a photo of another man's penis which was larger than his. :D

Did I miss where it was said this picture was from an email transmission? It was found on the external drive. Why does that make it part of an email exchange? It may have been, but it may have been downloaded or just in s picture folder.

I will be working on a new thread for the break.

Link coming up shortly.

I missed the part where it was sent by/to anyone. I only saw that it was found on the mirror image of a computer drive (of the internal or external variety appears to be a subject in dispute). Can someone clue me on the e-mail aspect, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smash5070