The State v. Jodi Arias: break in trial until 28 January 2013 #19 *ADULT CONTENT*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She was charged with 2nd degree after the first trial ended hung with 2 jurors holding out for manslaughter. :what:

If she had been a man it would have been first degree and at least LWOP or the DP.

imo

Just in, defense filed a"stay" in the trial, an interlocutors appeal. I am not sure what this means, but it is something about the sequence of events shot or stab, and Det Flores and Dr. Horn. Filed last week. Something about a Kronos hearing what does it mean??????
Defense is trying to get the cruelty factor thrown out based on that he was supposedly shot first is what I understand. I'm not a lawyer, but I know some personally...
It was thrown out. I used to think she got control of him with the gun first too, but the bullet casing laying on top of the huge blood clot on the sink convinced me otherwise.

She doesn't look Hispanic in the least to me. But, maybe her married name is Casares and her husband is. I dislike her so much that I don't even care enough to look it up..lol

She is Mexican born according to wikipedia
[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_Casarez"]Jean Casarez - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

So far, I'm unconvinced that it was Travis that took naked pics of Jodi, or that there were "bondage" "games" as implied by others. I don't think "three hole wonder" would ever be seen as anything but an insult.

Can you explain further why you feel that way? Not the three hole wonder one, I get that one.

Oh goody I can unmute my tv and turn it to Vinnie now on HLN.:great:

In Session "breaking" news: defense recently filed request with state of AZ for a Stay (halting) of trial

It was denied

Beth Karas reporting now

Why do they need a stay? and what does that mean? Didnt they have years to prepare.

I knew those juror questions scared them. :floorlaugh:

I certainly don't want to minimize the impact verbal or emotional abuse can have on a victim and I've seen the damage it does. In legitimate cases it's a monster on its own but I've seen nothing whatsoever to substantiate that's true in this case.

Like you said I get very upset when this is misused and It just does a huge injustice to real situations of verbal/emotional abuse when defenses like this muddy the waters.

Also, last night someone posted the AZ statute regarding self defense (justifiable homicide) and iirc it specified that being verbally threatened was NOT grounds for an individual to react with a physically violent response. If anyone can find that easily I'd love to see that again. TIA!
:blowkiss: I know you better than that my dear. Just bouncing off your post. Her abuse excuse makes me a little :pullhair: at times.

So Jean C. got all bent out of shape because Juan showed what JA did to TA.
I don't understand why that makes her want to side with the one who did this to him.
This is what it is all about isnt it ? Maybe Jean would be satisfied if Juan would hav shown TA decorating style or possibly pictures of his home after the blood was cleaned up.

The more I hear, the more I think Jodi might take the stand. I would have said no way ever at first (in fact, I might have actually said that lol), but now I'm starting to think there's the slightest chance. If the defense case doesn't get any better, I'm thinking that will be their only choice. Plus, I honestly don't think the defense team cares enough to do more than tell her not to. jmo

I would have said no way she'd take the stand also,but after seeing some of their witnesses so far,what does she really have to lose?She only has to bamboozle one of them,right?

The more I hear, the more I think Jodi might take the stand. I would have said no way ever at first (in fact, I might have actually said that lol), but now I'm starting to think there's the slightest chance. If the defense case doesn't get any better, I'm thinking that will be their only choice. Plus, I honestly don't think the defense team cares enough to do more than tell her not to. jmo

I guess the question for me (and this may have already been covered elsewhere) is, what would be the protocol to keep from creating a situation that would help or hurt her on appeal? Better that she take the stand and say she had the opportunity or don't call her and then she can later say that she didn't get to speak? Anybody know?

She is. Jinkasaurus is Mexican. Born there. :)
That cracks me up every time I read it! That's exactly how NG says it! :floorlaugh:

(yes, I'm new here, so while it may be old hat to the long timers, I find it absolutely hilarious and a nice touch of levity in these threads...:blushing:)

The photo was already in evidence.

It was to bring the focus back to why they are really there. The cold blooded murder of Travis Alexander.

IMO
So, it was to influence the emotions of the jury. If it was already in evidence, they have a chance to review it whenever they want. It was a stunt by the prosecution to elicit an emotional response. That's all it was.

I sure hope she does. Not only do I think she will be minced meat but it makes her appeal harder to achieve if she is convicted.

IMO

No matter how ya 'slice it', looks like JA will never be able to shake her "meaty" reputation!!! (*damn! more.photo.flashbacks. ARGHHHHHHHHHHH*)

I don't see how JA will be found NG but she could get life, which she rightly deserves for murdering TA. She may have been beat up emotionally but that IMO never justifies murder.

I saw a 48 hours interview with Jodi where she said that if she is convicted she would prefer the death penalty. Be careful what you ask for is all I can say Jodi! :what:

Well, we already know he referred to her as a "three hole wonder" so saying he wasn't with her isn't much of a surprise. Question is, why would she just sit around and accept that kind of treatment? Maybe she was keeping score until she hit the magic number of insults and really got even.......

'got even'? I'll say. :what:

The only thing I can think of why she sat through the flirting and name calling is she still must have thought she had a chance with Travis. And I don't think she had anything else to corral him with other than sex. And if Jodi thought this was her only weapon to snare him with she must have been enraged when she understood that Travis preferred to be with other females and take other women on trips even when there was zero chance of sex with them. He preferred the platonic relationship with others over her sex filled romps with him. Maybe she still refuses to face this fact. I don't know. But something made her slaughter the poor man.

So Jean C. got all bent out of shape because Juan showed what JA did to TA.
I don't understand why that makes her want to side with the one who did this to him.
This is what it is all about isnt it ? Maybe Jean would be satisfied if Juan would hav shown TA decorating style or possibly pictures of his home after the blood was cleaned up.
This issue is timing. It was completely out of place when he did it, and unnecessary at that specific point in the trial.

Defense is trying to get the cruelty factor thrown out based on that he was supposedly shot first is what I understand. I'm not a lawyer, but I know some personally...
It was thrown out. I used to think she got control of him with the gun first too, but the bullet casing laying on top of the huge blood clot on the sink convinced me otherwise.

It was thrown out because that court doesn't have jurisdiction over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lineman21