The "Totally Off Topic" Thread Part 2.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been thinking the same thing! Hoping that things run in threes as they usually do and he's next!!

I wonder if jy is sitting there all smug thinking he's outsmarted all these murderers - one even being a cop!!

Mornin' Jilly...and RC!

First of all, Jilly - good luck on your test today. You'll more than ace it, I'm sure. And BTW, great that you're doing it!

Several times yesterday evening, when watching the Jessie coverage, I kept thinking of JY -what an azz he is, IMO. I made mention to Mr. DD about what appears to be this run on murdered pregnant women, and mentioned about the one in NC from November, where it appears (IMO, of course) that hubby is #1 suspect...but alas, still not charged. Grrrrrrr. I'm with you, Jilly - I bet he's got his smug moments, but I hope there's a nightmare or two thrown in there every once in awhile to remind him that "any day" could be his last day of freedom. :cool:

RC,

vrrrrmmmm vvvvvvrrrrmmmmm

Done in blue type to send your gal more good luck!

Ok, I've plopped my rear on the couch to check it all out, RC!
Lap 4 and on caution - where's your girl? oh, lap 5 and 6....

Mr DD just asked why I switched to IndyCars on TV, haha. Told him I'm looking for some guy in the stands :laugh: where are you????

Mornin' Jilly...and RC!

First of all, Jilly - good luck on your test today. You'll more than ace it, I'm sure. And BTW, great that you're doing it!

Several times yesterday evening, when watching the Jessie coverage, I kept thinking of JY -what an azz he is, IMO. I made mention to Mr. DD about what appears to be this run on murdered pregnant women, and mentioned about the one in NC from November, where it appears (IMO, of course) that hubby is #1 suspect...but alas, still not charged. Grrrrrrr. I'm with you, Jilly - I bet he's got his smug moments, but I hope there's a nightmare or two thrown in there every once in awhile to remind him that "any day" could be his last day of freedom. :cool:

I passed!:woohoo: Only made one stupid mistake on the test this time! I really do hate any kind of a test! But it was a good day. My partner was a lady doctor just brushing up and we had some fun! LOVE those little infant dolls to practice on!

Back to jy - yes....I'm hoping he's having the odd nighmare as well. This case of Jessie reminded me of Cassidy because of Jessie's little 2 yr old. That little guy was just a little trooper chatting - Mummy broke the table and Mummy's in the rug. I'll bet the house now that little Cassidy had a lot to say also and I would also bet that she named Daddy and LE has held that to the vest.

Was watching LKL last nite and Cardoza was on. He figures Jessie's little boy
probably named his Dad and that LE kept that part out purposely - Way too prejudicial against the father. He said they can't let that info out because of potential jurors out there. Even though a child of this age cannot testify, he said anyone hearing that a child said this is going to believe the child and the defendant wouldn't have a chance at a fair trial.

I passed!:woohoo: Only made one stupid mistake on the test this time! I really do hate any kind of a test! But it was a good day. My partner was a lady doctor just brushing up and we had some fun! LOVE those little infant dolls to practice on!

Back to jy - yes....I'm hoping he's having the odd nighmare as well. This case of Jessie reminded me of Cassidy because of Jessie's little 2 yr old. That little guy was just a little trooper chatting - Mummy broke the table and Mummy's in the rug. I'll bet the house now that little Cassidy had a lot to say also and I would also bet that she named Daddy and LE has held that to the vest.

Was watching LKL last nite and Cardoza was on. He figures Jessie's little boy
probably named his Dad and that LE kept that part out purposely - Way too prejudicial against the father. He said they can't let that info out because of potential jurors out there. Even though a child of this age cannot testify, he said anyone hearing that a child said this is going to believe the child and the defendant wouldn't have a chance at a fair trial.

:clap: Jilly :dance: :dance: :dance:

So true, there is no reason for LE to have given all the boy's statement to the media (they didn't need to)...so I agree with that; they really critical info is being withheld from the media. Rightly so! Of course, I'd love to read it, haha, but would rather they keep mum on some of the more pertinent info. Good for them!

Oooops....

OOOOOOOPPPPs is right - I have never seen an IRL race like this in my life -can you say crash fest ? Totally messed up. I had the chance to talk with an engineer or two -

first problem - Firestone brought one tire to the track, a hard tire rated for track temps of 95 and above. The problem - the track never warmed up over 82 - no wonder everyone was sliding around - all of the drivers were in a bad spot to start with - shame on Firestone!

Danica's problem - I don't think she could have avoided anything and had she tried to slow down and back out, on those tires she still would have hit the wall IMO. Here's an interesting photo taken by Wes - take a good look at who is crooked in this photo - the green and white car 20 - you can see a flat right rear tire - note it pitches him up into Danica - so I just don't think she had any chance. What did torque me off about this incident was the 20 car was warned by race control about jumping the start and was told to drop four spots because he did - he didn't drop off - I suspect had he done what he was told to do - this whole incident involving these five cars probably would not have happened at all. But then again - firestone should have had better tires spec'ed out for this race.

http://www.winterink.com/2007iowarace/iowarace2007_021.htm

Very disappointing day and Mrs. RC has decided this is too nerve racking and is all sorts of ticked off at the #20 car for hitting the girl. Was hoping she would enjoy it but I think it just scared her too much to enjoy any of it. Sigh....we had a really good time until lap 99.

Ok, I've plopped my rear on the couch to check it all out, RC!
Lap 4 and on caution - where's your girl? oh, lap 5 and 6....

Mr DD just asked why I switched to IndyCars on TV, haha. Told him I'm looking for some guy in the stands :laugh: where are you????

Never in the stands...

Danica's problem - I don't think she could have avoided anything and had she tried to slow down and back out, on those tires she still would have hit the wall IMO. Here's an interesting photo taken by Wes - take a good look at who is crooked in this photo - the green and white car 20 - you can see a flat right rear tire - note it pitches him up into Danica - so I just don't think she had any chance. What did torque me off about this incident was the 20 car was warned by race control about jumping the start and was told to drop four spots because he did - he didn't drop off - I suspect had he done what he was told to do - this whole incident involving these five cars probably would not have happened at all. But then again - firestone should have had better tires spec'ed out for this race.

Very disappointing day and Mrs. RC has decided this is too nerve racking and is all sorts of ticked off at the #20 car for hitting the girl. Was hoping she would enjoy it but I think it just scared her too much to enjoy any of it. Sigh....we had a really good time until lap 99.

Ahhh, very good photo...and isn't that a little smoke or ? behind 20's tire, like he's losing traction? And you're right - shame on Firestone. I would think they'd know to have backup plans just in case (i.e., air temps, etc.).

I'm sorry it was too much for Mrs. RC - then again, it might be cheaper for you in the long run, since she might have gotten that bug to just go show 'em all how to do it, LOL!

Never in the stands...

Oh, you're right :doh: I really didn't think that thought through, did I?

Okay, so where should I look next time? Danica's pit crew or ????

I know you have to be VIP'ing it somewhere!

Ahhh, very good photo...and isn't that a little smoke or ? behind 20's tire, like he's losing traction? And you're right - shame on Firestone. I would think they'd know to have backup plans just in case (i.e., air temps, etc.).

I'm sorry it was too much for Mrs. RC - then again, it might be cheaper for you in the long run, since she might have gotten that bug to just go show 'em all how to do it, LOL!

I think Firestone expected track temperatures to be up to what is considered normal for late June in Iowa (hot) - had the sun come out at all, the tire compound most likely would have been suitable. Problem is the sun didn't come out and Firestone only brought the one compound - everyone was in a bad way from the get go - normally there are very few wrecks at an IRL run. I think the smoke you see is from when the 20 made contact with the 7's front left tire. I can say it didn't hurt my feelings to see Mr. Wheldon depart the race early however :p

My wife was lucky enough to be invited to sit in a pit box - I usually roam a little but if a tv camera were to catch me it would most likely be somewhere around the Andretti Green pit boxes (7.11.26.27) - I like other drivers besides Danica and I like to look at the car telemetry. I spent one race on an infield platform with TJ Patrick (Dad) - once (that was enough) :crazy:

One other thing I noticed was when she got out of the car...she really is a little thang, just like you said.

Thanks RC!:)

Too bad about the race. :( Especially for this to happen when you finally get a chance to show wifeee the excitement of what she's been missing and this has to happen!! Maybe when Danica wins, she'll give it all a second chance!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yep - her helmet is almost as big as she is. The girl had a rough day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpjl5SPSAGc

I'm sure the helmet weighs as much as she does!
So, I being the good gal, then clicked another youtube about Danica there...and I instantly recognized the streets of Chicago! How cool - have spent much time ;) in downtown Chicago. Came "this" close to moving there, but decided I'm much more of a rural country kinda gal - enjoyed my trips on business to Chicago, just didn't want to live there. Wow, what a tangent off of Danica.

Okay, go back to talking about Danica!!!

Thanks RC!:)

Too bad about the race. :( Especially for this to happen when you finally get a chance to show wifeee the excitement of what she's been missing and this has to happen!! Maybe when Danica wins, she'll give it all a second chance!!

Hey, you CPR diva!

Ya know, it's about my bedtime (or at least time to shut down the computer and venture into the bedroom to read), but just wanted to say hi and bye!

P.S. yeah yeah yeah, RC...I know I'm wimpy;)

I'd rather be talking about this case and someone behind bars for it, to be honest with you.

Hoping justice for Michelle and her son come soon.

:laugh: Hey, you CPR diva!

Ya know, it's about my bedtime (or at least time to shut down the computer and venture into the bedroom to read), but just wanted to say hi and bye!

P.S. yeah yeah yeah, RC...I know I'm wimpy;)

Oops....too late - missed ya... but Hi and Bye anyways!!:D

I'd rather be talking about this case and someone behind bars for it, to be honest with you.

Hoping justice for Michelle and her son come soon.

I know. With all the Jessie coverage, I keep thinking about Michelle and wishing her family would see some significant movement, such as the arrest of the monster who did this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member