The "Totally Off Topic" Thread

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of ya'll might want to start using PM as the cost of oats is alittle different than the MY case..lol, I think.. Getting somewhat difficult for outsiders to feel a bother posting due to what seems to come across as a "gang" on these posts, maybe should be re-started as the "Websluths gang" JMO

Hi Straitfan,

That's why this thread was started, for all the things that need saying that don't involve the case.

I'm starving for anything new, just like you are. I keep popping here an there, but I find when there is something new this is where you'll find it. There are some great posters here.

Merry Christmas Straifan, and you know you can post anything you want to here on this thread. Scandi

Hey Scandi,

Thanks for the reply, still not sure what it has to do with MY, but oh well. That being said, used to post on this site years ago, you know back when the one person was talking about the twins, there was a horrible fire in southern CA, etc when Laci first went missing.. seemed different then, now seems like there is this little "group" if you will, that appears to control everything, doesn't feel open, whatever like it use to, if you know what I mean.. Overall for myself doesnt matter as I don't necessarily have to submit my opinions to some unknown website to know my own thoughts/opinions.. Just seems to myself it is going away from the purpose if you know what I mean. (Think may be people out there that don't bother posting because of the overall feel of it.) JMO, of course! :)

It might be because you are seeing the MY forum at one of it's bleakest moments, with nothing coming out at all. So there are some posters that can post a lot, retired, set their own work schedules, etc who kind of keep it going. Then we come in and read everything and comment when we can.

I've never experienced a clickish atmostphere on WS except on the JonBenet forum, and it is known for that.

Anyway, gotta hit the hay for CSI MIAMI, but good to see you Straitfan, I always say post anywhere you want and you will generate interest and posters will be posting to you right and left!

Scandi

I've been reading but not posting because I just don't have anything to add.... Seems like everyone is reading my mind.

I really wanted an arrest warrant for :cool: in my Christmas stocking but I must have been too naughty this year **sigh** I wish there were more news, but I do enjoy reading about the horses, weather stories, etc in the meantime.

I enjoy everyone's posts, whether they post often or not. Yours too, straitfan! :blowkiss:

Barngoddess, I wondered why the grass is checked for nitrates, barngoddess. Could you fill me in?

Straitfan said:
Some of ya'll might want to start using PM as the cost of oats is alittle different than the MY case..lol, I think.. Getting somewhat difficult for outsiders to feel a bother posting due to what seems to come across as a "gang" on these posts, maybe should be re-started as the "Websluths gang" JMO
Sorry you feel that way Straitfan but unlike some places we started an off topic thread on the premise of keeping non-related posts out of the general discussion so people wouldn't have to wade through it. I think that thought was actually quite nice. If that seems clickish - sorry but it definitely beats having to wade through off topic posts in the main body of discussion about the case. There is no forum on any board without some off topic discussion. I fail to see how separating it to an isolated thread can be related to being clickish or gang like. Like all threads one has the choice to read or not.

I disagree about so called "outsiders" finding it difficult to post or getting a bad feel - check posts 254 through about 260 on the previous page or go back even a bit further and you will see that persons new to the board often have jumped in on this particular thread for the exact opposite reason - it felt more comfortable to start here. Don't go to the Jury Room. JMO

Hiya Straitfan :)

I started this particular thread because I noticed that when we had 'quiet time', the topics in the other threads we sometimes began getting off our target subject; Michelle and her homicide.

It's hard to keep on topic, especially if we just want to say hi, so here we can have one big OT thread where we can have a chat that doesn't center around Michelle's murder. It's much better than having to sift through all the OT topics within threads and helps us stick to the TOS better. :)

So far, the moderator hasn't deleted this OT thread so I'm assuming that he/she is ok with us having one OT thread amongst all the others that do center around Michelle et al. In all, I think it helps us to keep on track better within the MY topic threads and we don't have a moderator coming in every 10 minutes with "stay on topic or I'll pull the thread" like there is on other boards. Having this thread also allows for the moderator to pull the entire thread should something get out of hand, instead of spending hours wading through the other threads trying to pick out posts to delete, so in essence it also helps our moderator to control the Michelle Young forum better.

I agree with Scandi and RaisinCharlie, I too don't feel a 'group gang' thing happening here, but I do feel that on ctv at times and as such I don't post there often. I'm actually pretty new here, having registered in Nov this year specifically for this forum and felt very welcome from my first post.

Great to see you here and anyone else who pops in from time to time or posts regularly :)

Taximom......it doesn't matter whether folks read your mind and post something you've thought of :) Everyone writes and puts things differently so what one poster has written may sound different coming from someone else and we may see a 'new angle' on something :)

I too wanted someone special to receive a Christmas card from Miranda Rights, lol.

Sami
*advertiser censored*

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to tell you all how much I have enjoyed this thread. It is like taking a peek into your daily lives. As a Fla. girl, I enjoy very much reading about the hay and the horses and the blizzards! Its a whole other world to me! This thread seems very much like a fireside chat and not at all exclusive,which is I guess why I decided to post too!

Keep up the good posts everyone!

Glow said:
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to tell you all how much I have enjoyed this thread. It is like taking a peek into your daily lives. As a Fla. girl, I enjoy very much reading about the hay and the horses and the blizzards! Its a whole other world to me! This thread seems very much like a fireside chat and not at all exclusive,which is I guess why I decided to post too!

Keep up the good posts everyone!
Hello Glow (I really like that nick!),

Perhaps you can provide us with some visions of the beautiful beaches along A1A or Sanibel or Captiva, Ft. Walton, and all the beautiful foliage that Florida has to offer. Stories of those gentle manatees and fierce gators are welcome too! What do you feed those creatures ? Sounds really good on cold winter days! Come back !

:D --------------------------O

RC

Taximom, high content of nitrates are not good for horses. It's ok for cattle. Horses can't really tolerate it. Farmers have samples tested by the local co-op or the local extention service agent (USDA) for various components. They also check for levels of protein.

Glow: I think I'm missing Florida right about now. I came out here from Miami 12 years ago. All in all, I'm much happier here. I was raised in Miami and all of a sudden I felt very much a stranger and unwelcome in my home town. The opportunity came and I made my move. I have been back once for one of my high school reunions. My husband had never been there and his favorite spot was South Beach. He'd seen it on TV programs and was in awe of the whole scene in person.

Straitfan: I don't know what to tell you. I first joined WS when the Laci case came into the news. I googled for information and news and found this site. I lurked and read here, then finally got up my nerve and joined. At the very beginning, I did feel a little like an outsider, but gradually began to feel more comfortable posting. I didn't post on the MY section until I had read many posts and my devious mind came up with a thought of how he could have doubled back after checking into a motel, killed her and returned without being noticed. I really haven't posted much more as this case seems to be in a lull right now, but we did get off topic and Sami's opening this thread was perfect as we seemed to inject responses to comments made by other posters. I say join in with us. BTW, does your hat mean you are a George Strait fan? Or does it mean something else.

Scandi, you're a sweetheart. You're somewhere near my son in Oregon. He's near Beaverton.

Snowing here like a son of a gun.....................O

raisincharlie said:
Hello Glow (I really like that nick!),

Perhaps you can provide us with some visions of the beautiful beaches along A1A or Sanibel or Captiva, Ft. Walton, and all the beautiful foliage that Florida has to offer. Stories of those gentle manatees and fierce gators are welcome too! What do you feed those creatures ? Sounds really good on cold winter days! Come back !

:D --------------------------O

RC
Hey, watch it Charlie, you're making me want to hop a flight back to Florida. Many, many years of going to Sanibel on Columbus Day weekend for the Jazz Festival.

Plenty of fresh snow to get my arsenal of snowballs ready for you.

A sad note here. I had Denver TV on early and a report came across about a fatality on I-70 out here in Kit Carson County. A man was trying to load a stranded or wrecked vehicle onto a flatbed truck and was struck and killed by a passing car. When I called in to work this morning, I mentioned it and it turns out I know him and his wife and son really well. He owns an independent garage and towing service. He buys Ford parts from us. I took computer classes with his wife. I had a nice visit with him yesterday when he came in. So sad. Such a nice man and wonderful family. My co-worker's daughter is his son's girlfriend. Just tragic.

BarnGoddess said:
Hey, watch it Charlie, you're making me want to hop a flight back to Florida. Many, many years of going to Sanibel on Columbus Day weekend for the Jazz Festival.

A sad note here. I had Denver TV on early and a report came across about a fatality on I-70 out here in Kit Carson County. A man was trying to load a stranded or wrecked vehicle onto a flatbed truck and was struck and killed by a passing car. When I called in to work this morning, I mentioned it and it turns out I know him and his wife and son really well. He owns an independent garage and towing service. He buys Ford parts from us. I took computer classes with his wife. I had a nice visit with him yesterday when he came in. So sad. Such a nice man and wonderful family. My co-worker's daughter is his son's girlfriend. Just tragic.
I'm sorry about your friend BarnGoddess. Very sad.

Im sorry to hear about your sad news also BG.

As for the gators? Usually they eat small dogs, didnt know about the pythons!

I do think that UF is probably the only college that has real gators sunbathing on campus :D

BarnGoddess said:

<snip>.
Afraid all I have in defense is mud balls (plenty of horse ball puckey as well) right now ! I don't throw the latter, promise "ya'll".

:D -----------------------O

---------------------------------O

-----------------------------------------O
:woohoo:

Glow said:
Im sorry to hear about your sad news also BG.

As for the gators? Usually they eat small dogs, didnt know about the pythons!

I do think that UF is probably the only college that has real gators sunbathing on campus :D
I've seen a few of those gators - nothing I want to get too close to really, but I was fascinated by the manatees. Seem like such gentle creatures, really interesting faces they have.

-------------------------------O

I used to go fishing with a boyfriend before I came out here. Bass fishing on Lake Okeechobee. Once we were just drifting and a baby gator swam by. I teased him with a plastic worm and the little fella took it and the line and swam off. We often saw the big ones sunning on the banks. I wouldn't fool with a big one though. I do have that one on video.

Manatees are indeed beautiful creatures. It's tragic that boats go way too fast along the rivers and canals where there is a legal 5 mph, no wake law. They often are cut by props and some heal. Others get infections and die. They are vegitarians and eat the weeds that often clog the canals. Manatees are Jimmy Buffet's big project.

Here's a bit of news about the Pythons and Gators.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/10/1006_051006_pythoneatsgator.html

----------------------O Big one........

Went out to find the BarnGod. Blizzard conditions definitely. Did get chickens watered and fed. Calves fed. Some horses fed, others can wait until it slows down some.

Oh, where in Maryland? We live on the water, just off the
Chesapeake and during the summer catch the blues right off our pier. I'm sure your wife knows about Obrycki and Bo Brooks crab houses. Bo has a place by the Inner Harbor now. The very best crabs can be found at
both places.

http://www.obryckis.com/obr/stores/1/index.cfm

http://www.bobrooks.com/

She is actually from Frederick area, closer to Union Bridge - a good drive from Baltimore but her and her folks spent a fair amount of time in Baltimore as they keep their boat docked at the inner harbor (Fox Den II). Have been to Bo Brooks several times, will have to try Obrycki next time. I imagine my wife and her family do know about Obrycki but I haven't been there. My wife and boys are there visiting now. We had crabs, in Old bay of course, for Christmas dinner !

Have fun luv!

raisincharlie said:
Oh, where in Maryland? We live on the water, just off the
Chesapeake and during the summer catch the blues right off our pier. I'm sure your wife knows about Obrycki and Bo Brooks crab houses. Bo has a place by the Inner Harbor now. The very best crabs can be found at
both places.

http://www.obryckis.com/obr/stores/1/index.cfm

http://www.bobrooks.com/

She is actually from Frederick area, closer to Union Bridge - a good drive from Baltimore but her and her folks spent a fair amount of time in Baltimore as they keep their boat docked at the inner harbor (Fox Den II). Have been to Bo Brooks several times, will have to try Obrycki next time. I imagine my wife and her family do know about Obrycki but I haven't been there. My wife and boys are there visiting now. We had crabs, in Old bay of course, for Christmas dinner !

Have fun luv!
Sounds wonderful, we had crab soup and crab dip. Been to
Frederick many times. Maryland has it all, mountains and shore. Truly "The Land of Pleasant Living."

Bee Charmer said:
Sounds wonderful, we had crab soup and crab dip. Been to
Frederick many times. Maryland has it all, mountains and shore. Truly "The Land of Pleasant Living."
Maryland is a beautiful state, some of the richest greens I've ever seen during the springtime ! So much to do, so much to enjoy! History abounds and the architecture is amazing and very nice people in Maryland based on the ones I've met. In Frederick, there is this place called "Bubba's" looks like a greasy spoon right off of 70, but excellent crab cakes !

I'm getting hungry...:crazy:

Take care luv and have a great time at the game tomorrow !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raine73