The "Totally Off Topic" Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Close and Strach Hope you're both feeling better today! :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

I had a flu shot today. I just started back to work after a leave of absense and it's mandatory because of my job. Now watch me get the flu!! :p

jilly said:
Close and Strach Hope you're both feeling better today! :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

I had a flu shot today. I just started back to work after a leave of absense and it's mandatory because of my job. Now watch me get the flu!! :p

well, as far as myself, i broke down & saw the Dr yesterday...he put me on a nasty cough syrup & now i'm also taking Sudafed...said to finish the antibiotic (i have 3 days left of them) & that i should start feeling better soon....it's something that's going around, but not the flu....although i'm just wondering if it's not a mild case of the flu, since i got a flu shot several weeks ago....oh well, i got some sleep last night...not sure if it was the cough syrup that helped or the 1 mg xanax i took....i had to do something; night before last i got NO sleep whatsoever....

hope Strach is feeling better...don't know if she's got the same thing, but if she does, i sure feel bad for her....like i've said before i think, this stuff is really rough....

close_enough said:
well, as far as myself, i broke down & saw the Dr yesterday...he put me on a nasty cough syrup & now i'm also taking Sudafed...said to finish the antibiotic (i have 3 days left of them) & that i should start feeling better soon....it's something that's going around, but not the flu....although i'm just wondering if it's not a mild case of the flu, since i got a flu shot several weeks ago....oh well, i got some sleep last night...not sure if it was the cough syrup that helped or the 1 mg xanax i took....i had to do something; night before last i got NO sleep whatsoever....

hope Strach is feeling better...don't know if she's got the same thing, but if she does, i sure feel bad for her....like i've said before i think, this stuff is really rough....

There have been some nasty bugs going around. There's one that starts off like a minor head cold but has headache, really sore throat and actually knocked me off my feet for about 3 days - lasts about 2 weeks and felt like the flu (I also had the flu shot in early Nov). There's another one that comes afterwards and my daughter has it right now ... it's a weird one where your glands are swollen and really sore and the back of the roof of your mouth is swollen and dry. No amount of swollowing or drinking fluids seems to help. I had that one on Christmas day. It lasts about 2 days. Half the people I work with have some sort of cold right now, it seems. I'm just hoping I've had it all. I hope you feel better soon. I drank lemon with hot water and honey but the doctor said to gargle with hot salt water - gross.

jilly said:
Hi Annie! :blowkiss: Great to hear from you! And yes - Congratulations on the Contract!! :woohoo:

Great post as well! I don't think you missed anything! :D I'm definitely in your camp. This guy has done absolutely nothing to show that he even cares about his wife aside from going to the funeral. I wonder if he said anything when he subsequently visited her gravesite. Probably not - this guy is still conniving imo.

Hi jilly=girl!!! :blowkiss: bakatcha! Hi too, close, taxi, charlie, scands, strach, Bee, otto 'n so on.... 'n all.

Well BLOW ME DOWN, Jilly but I join some pardners-in-crime with an horrific flu bug. Ugh .... We've had worst (or rather ... coldest) temps here since 'records BEGAN'....). A bug is going around. Hubby been bedridden 2 days - and it's the first time (re flu/cold) since I met him :eek: !!! True!

Saw the news report re JY's vehicle...blood found on doors and specific area inside. Geez...

It's a matter of time, IMO. He did it - and he did it BADly. I still think there were additional wounds outside of blunt force trauma, like stabbing or strangulation that's being withheld and ........... I ALSO still believe/think JY did this ... and did this closer to 5 or 6 am, Fri 03 Nov...

Indeed ... see, I think the 'business meeting' that Friday was an invention that JY tried to marry/massage into an already shaky alibi and that he initially conned MY into his innocence. I think he made PAC (panic attack calls) that day... And I don't think many bought into his 'story'.

Right now I think MMoney's freaking out: as a BLAMEWORTHY (in her opinion, not mine and nor am I generalising - just a suspectin pawn in Jason Young's devastatingly devilish chess board of deception... But then ... this is just MHO.

I think he lied to MM as much as he lied to MY. AND as much as I feel this will be tough for his family, I also feel they, especially his step dad, is goijng to DROP the BS Jason fed him/them and come clean as far as they're aware. I don't 'think' they'll PULL A PETERSON .... I also don't feel they;ll let JY down or turn away but I do feel they'll brace up, make him face serious facts ... and get him to acknowledge a thing or two!

Finally ... I think pressure will lead to some new areas of search.

I STILL believe THE 911 tape was spliced at least 4 tines ...

See ya'al soon.

POLK :blowkiss:

Ohhhh you guys!! I feel so bad for you with all this illness!! Close I hope the new cough medicine works because yes, sleep is important.

Annie hope you and your hubby get over this thing quickly. I've hardly been out to contract any of these viruses - our weather has been another story. We've had 14 very strong windstorms since November - near hurricane force which is unheard of here. We have a huge park something like Central Park in NY and the old trees are coming down left and right - it is a major disaster. It'll take $million & months to restore.

My power has gone off 3 times since Nov the last time (a few days ago) being for 12 hours. In the 23 years I have lived here we have never lost our power. Yesterday was our 14th storm and my hubby said as he was driving home all he could hear was thump, thump, bang as huge branches flew off of the trees and hit the car.

After that it started snowing like heck and this morning I got my fitness by shovelling out the driveway. Tonite it is supposed to freeze and it will be chaos on the roads tomorrow. Weather forecast is that we'll be in a deep freeze for several days. UGH

Annie I really hope you're right about JYs family not being like another Peterson clan. I would have thought that the Ps had their very own mould but let's hope not.

otto said:
Hey TM, I'm not sure if you saw the link on the other thread, but this one looked pretty good to me: http://timesunion.com/specialreports/porco/. I was interested in the similarities between Jason and Chris in terms of driving a long way to the murder scene and back, and apparently leaving little or no evidence; especially not where you would expect it - like the vehicle and clothes. I started with the opening statements and that's where I learned a lot more about the father actually surviving for some time, but it's really sad. I rather doubt that the construction guy really saw the vehicle, but maybe he did. I'm back at work so I can only read a bit in the morning and a bit in the evening again but if anyone is interested in comparing the cases, perhaps we could put it on a separate thread and then I'd be sure not to miss the comments.
Thanks for the link, otto. I'm way behind but want to read this one soon.

I'd also like to read up on that missing 13 yr old boy in Missouri in my spare time. :waitasec: My son is 11 and this kind of news just gets my heart sinking. I hope he turns up alive. :(

Last child has the creeping crud, and hubby is on the way I think. :( This was supposed to be a great week with everyone going back to school! :snooty: Dang.

close_enough said:

close, i had to give my son Robitussin AC (codeine) on top of an anesthesizing prescription for his throat to help his cough subside. I hope yours goes away soon. :blowkiss:

Uhm, I just saw a comment from PSA about blood found in JY's car? What? I know I missed practically all of thread 9...point me to the conversation/news! TIA!!!

jilly said:
Ohhhh you guys!! I feel so bad for you with all this illness!! Close I hope the new cough medicine works because yes, sleep is important.

Annie hope you and your hubby get over this thing quickly. I've hardly been out to contract any of these viruses - our weather has been another story. We've had 14 very strong windstorms since November - near hurricane force which is unheard of here. We have a huge park something like Central Park in NY and the old trees are coming down left and right - it is a major disaster. It'll take $million & months to restore.

My power has gone off 3 times since Nov the last time (a few days ago) being for 12 hours. In the 23 years I have lived here we have never lost our power. Yesterday was our 14th storm and my hubby said as he was driving home all he could hear was thump, thump, bang as huge branches flew off of the trees and hit the car.

After that it started snowing like heck and this morning I got my fitness by shovelling out the driveway. Tonite it is supposed to freeze and it will be chaos on the roads tomorrow. Weather forecast is that we'll be in a deep freeze for several days. UGH

Annie I really hope you're right about JYs family not being like another Peterson clan. I would have thought that the Ps had their very own mould but let's hope not.

A friend of mine was out your way over holiday and described the devastation in the park. She also got stuck in the numerous road closures and delays. I teased her about going out there knowing the situation, but she really wanted to visit her sister. Global warming means crazy weather, not just warmer weather.

Taximom said:
Thanks for the link, otto. I'm way behind but want to read this one soon.

I'd also like to read up on that missing 13 yr old boy in Missouri in my spare time. :waitasec: My son is 11 and this kind of news just gets my heart sinking. I hope he turns up alive. :(

Last child has the creeping crud, and hubby is on the way I think. :( This was supposed to be a great week with everyone going back to school! :snooty: Dang.

I finished reading through all the Porco files. There is a thread on this site in Crimes in the News about the case. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1280529
I understand all about the key and a number of other points now and I also am convinced that he is guilty. Chris Porco is an excellent example of a sociopath because he can't blame his sad upbringing for who he is ... because he didn't have a sad upbringing.

otto said:
A friend of mine was out your way over holiday and described the devastation in the park. She also got stuck in the numerous road closures and delays. I teased her about going out there knowing the situation, but she really wanted to visit her sister. Global warming means crazy weather, not just warmer weather.

Yeah, the park is a disaster. I'm not convinced about Global warming yet. Back in the '50s I was living up north where it rained every single day. We had a drought where entire lakes and rivers dried up. After that it was back to rain every day again.

Having said that I must admit I really haven't followed this conversation at all.

jilly said:
Yeah, the park is a disaster. I'm not convinced about Global warming yet. Back in the '50s I was living up north where it rained every single day. We had a drought where entire lakes and rivers dried up. After that it was back to rain every day again.

Having said that I must admit I really haven't followed this conversation at all.

Things are normal here ... people riding their bikes to work in -20 F / -27 C weather. I haven't seen any global warming in my neck of the woods.

otto said:
Things are normal here ... people riding their bikes to work in -20 F / -27 C weather. I haven't seen any global warming in my neck of the woods.

I think you had it last winter didn't you? :D

Whew! :eek: Just spent 2 hrs reading at CTV tonite - very interesting to say the very least. I'm exhausted!

jilly said:
Whew! :eek: Just spent 2 hrs reading at CTV tonite - very interesting to say the very least. I'm exhausted!
Yep, another silly night at the fun house...lol. Dueling
insiders, gonna be interesting to eventually learn who is genuine.

Good wishes for all the sleuthies who are under the weather, hope
you all recover quickly. Make sure you get your rest!!

Huge game here in Maryland - Ravens vs the Colts. Charm city
is going crazy!
:p

Bee Charmer said:
Yep, another silly night at the fun house...lol. Dueling
insiders, gonna be interesting to eventually learn who is genuine.

Good wishes for all the sleuthies who are under the weather, hope
you all recover quickly. Make sure you get your rest!!

Huge game here in Maryland - Ravens vs the Colts. Charm city
is going crazy!
:p

It was rather an exceptional evening. LOL Do you think JTF's name also starts with a J? I do.

scandi said:
It was rather an exceptional evening. LOL Do you think JTF's name also starts with a J? I do.

I really don't know about that Scandi - my question is who is jtf trying to pin this on? One minute I think it's the neighbor and the next I think it's MF.

Scandi, I hear you had some snow today. Saw pictures of the beach on the news. My son is in Aurora now. Welcome to the white stuff. It's snowing again for the fourth Friday in a row. Not much, but keeps coming down, about an inch now. Looking forward to this for a couple of more days. It's bitter cold today. High 2 degrees.

PSA, I tried to welcome you back from your trip, but my welcome disappeared somewhere into cyberspace. Glad to have you back here.

Charlie, traded in the International tractor to a newer John Deere 2550. It's got more horsepower and with the spike we have we can move those big bales without getting stuck on the ice base. Makes 20 horses very happy. Had to laugh at the BarnGod when he made about 20 tries at using the loader and getting stuck on the same slick spots. I finally told him to try another path. I was tired of waiting in my SUV to park and get warm.

Thanks, BarnGoddess - this forum is and has always been most welcoming and warm - appreciate your post! :blowkiss:

Thanks too, charlie, scandi, taxi, close, jilly... and all :)

Yep, STILL ill :( This flu is .... *UGH* despite one round of anti-biotics. I'm dosing up on fizzy citrus tabs and multi-vitamin fizzy tabs in one glass - lots of hot lemon and .... panadol. The coughing, wheezing, drizzling - it's the pits I tell you.

Dearest Close, I hope you're feeling heaps better, girlfriend! Glad you got around to reading Porco's case. That case is the one that dragged me back to W/S after a bit of a sabbatical, lol. Fascinating stuff, eh? I read the t/scripts, every article - I was totally emersed in that story which is why in the early days of Michelle's story I was constantly referring to Porco. JY is a similar, cold, calculating, lying, double-life-living criminal SOB, IMO.

Heh heh - it's good to have this work in, charlie: been working on it for a few months - certainly not mega stakes but any score ... it'll keep the home fires burning a wee bit - may purchase a new chimney but not a new house, lol. (It could be worse, I mean who wants to be Mrs. David Beckham, very Posh, with a minor 250 million $ contract (in addition to known assets) dangling on the horizon to move from UK to LA .. lol!).

The Shawn Hornbeck story grabbed me back here - even all over our news! Goodness me. Not to forget the miracle of Ben Ownby, either.

Where is and how is Sami? Miss her wonderful posts in here about her new Angel ... though I admit to not reading up the other threads. :silenced:

Cyber-Hugs and good wishes to all, and that means you too, strach & Bee darlin :p

PolkSaladAnnie said:

Where is and how is Sami? Miss her wonderful posts in here about her new Angel ... though I admit to not reading up the other threads. :silenced:
My grammybubba is good :)

I've been giving the new parents some space.....only coz I now know that no matter how many times I said I can hand her back, I don't wanna! **pout** If you haven't seen my grammybubba's page, it's here :)

http://chloeeve.blogspot.com/

I've been reading ctv alot lately and throwing some posts in here and there coz I just can't help myself, lol and there's a few posters over there that I like, and some I watch and some generally entertain me to no end :)

There's a huge difference between there and here, one is that sometimes the board moves so quick I wonder why I bother,lol, coz then I've got 5 pages to catch up on.

I'm also keeping my eyes on another board where I'm a member but don't have posting rights and the conversations over there are interesting. Seems the, mostly guys, over there have a lot to say and some have interesting points of views.

Hugs
Sami

Hi Polk, so sorry that nasty flu has you in
it's clutches. Take your meds nice and get your rest.
Hope Hub is on the mend too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member