The "Totally Off Topic" Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
pack_fan said:
Excellent. I want one of both (the car and the instructor).
Sorry bud, cannot help you with either - especially the instructor - married.:angel:

raisincharlie said:
Sorry bud, cannot help you with either - especially the instructor - married.:angel:
Married or happily married? There is a big difference. Next time you run across her, check into that for me.....

pack_fan said:
Married or happily married? There is a big difference. Next time you run across her, check into that for me.....
Right now I would say not happily. I read an article about her husband having been accused of having an affair with a 16 year old patient seven years ago. She did not press charges but the medical board is deciding what to do about him. So...hmmmm. The Homestead open test is coming soon - 21 and 22 Feb, I'll see her there but not sure I want my face smacked off :crazy: Right now she smiles at me nice and knows me by name - think I'll enjoy that for a while.:p

well, i have my coffee here, & a load of clothes that you wouldn't believe, unless you saw them, laying in my kitchen floor...my middle son (22 yrs old next month) is moving out ....again..., ugh.....(at least it's to his own place)...

went out to dinner last night to this japanese steakhouse for our anniversary...(my hubby & i have been married 6 years, Feb 9th)...had a nice evening...no news, TV, kids, etc...was nice:)

hubby's putting together a new entertainment stand, as i type...had to get a new one since we got new TV...it's a 27", like the other one, but it's bigger & wouldn't fit into our old stand.....sunny, cold day here....

jilly said:
Oh Good! Thanks for letting us know!

you're welcome Jilly....got another email from her...what's happened is a VERY good friend of hers died Jan 30th, & she's been 'taking care' of the person's 18 yr old son, till he can get hooked up w/his older brother....

she's very busy & very sad right now, but again she sends her "love to all".....

pack_fan said:

Dude, you so remind me of the guys that used to hit on me. I thought I had a cool excuse that served the purpose of not hurting anyone's feelings or making them feel rejected so I thought the "I'm married" line would work. The first time a guy came back with "happily?" I was speechless. Men always seem to be one step ahead. Pretty funny now though.

close_enough said:
you're welcome Jilly....got another email from her...what's happened is a VERY good friend of hers died Jan 30th, & she's been 'taking care' of the person's 18 yr old son, till he can get hooked up w/his older brother....

she's very busy & very sad right now, but again she sends her "love to all".....

Thanks for emailing me and your warm concerns, close - you're ultra special and I so appreciate your thoughts and concerns ... and everyone else. I have private msgs that I've not even read yet; but after receiving another email from close I thought I'd quickly pop in. Been weeks since I browsed - haven't read a thing on any forum either. Thought I'd tell you all what happened.

Jason's dad, "V" our very dear friend (since we met 3 days after he arrived here, 4 years ago), was taken from us; "V" was part of this family in a humungus way. V was The Big Boy, only 42 years - with The Big Heart. Man, this was one guy that "one size fits all" took on a new meaning... Jason was on board a flight that landed 3 am to relocate here having just lost his mother last year. His new life with his dad was to begin with a mega Raptor Quad Bike that V bought Jase as a welcome-and-late-Christmas present. Hubby, V and I wrapped it - and left it parked in the driveway of their new home for Jase to see as he entered the yard.

In the weeks since V moved from a bachelor room to a 3-bedroomed home before Christmas, we worked together to furnish the home and ... in V's words... "So that Jason would never feel he had no home, having lost his mom.. and this place is going to be the best ..." A US$ 1,500.00 leather lounge suite later (plus, plus, plus ...) the home was 'done'.

V was killed the afternoon before Jason's plane landed. We all thought he'd overslept and as hub and i live literally 5 mins from airport, I cancelled my 11 am appointment and raced to collect Jase. 3 minutes later, while driving into the drop-off/collect zone, I was told... Body not released as they have to determine cause of death - extremely upsetting for family; they think V had a heart attack or stroke at the wheel of car as there were no body injuries from the accident (he ploughed into a tree).

And there was Jase - WAYYY down the drop off zone, no sleep, standing alone with his 'life' of duffel bags, cases, bags, and everything ... piled on a trolley; wondering where V was. Words cannot describe how the next few minutes became slow-motion and how, on seeing my face, Jase knew ... and we slipped to the ground... Even the policeman who came to tell me to move my car was stunned...

Oooowhhh... can't type now ... Jase will be with us for next 6 weeks; we turned my living room into a chapel and had a prayer service on 6th Feb... followed by a BBQ and I catered for 42 people (V loved my BBQ's!!!). I have pics of Christmas, that Jase and V's sister from Oz is so happy to keep ... I'll 'e' these fwd to close - and those interested can share our last dinner with V by pm (I guess - don't know how to attach pics) It's us and my famous Christmas Dinner with Turkey, those minty meatballs (lol...) and The Big Boy. Literally The Big Boy in the pics - with his 'flatmate' in his shirt-pocket. Flatmate being a lion-magnet I gave V for Xmas to keep him company til Jase arrived.

Jase has to finish school - and I'll so miss my best friend - we all will. This is the first time I've 'talked' about it - or been on my own ....

God bless & love the one you're with.

Polks.

Close: thanks again: you're the best. x x x x x

Oh Annie I am so sorry. I don't even know what to say. You've been so missed here but I had no idea what you were going through. All I can offer are my prayers to you and Jase and heartfelt sympathy. I so wish there was more I could do but please know that we're here for you.

Annie,

So very sorry to hear this. Nothing can be said to ease the heart ache but will say prayers for you, your family and Jase and send as many good thoughts as possible your way. Remember to take care of yourselves and hold on to the many good memories, those warm thoughts and accompaning smiles will help most of all. RC

Annie, my thoughts and prayers are for your family and Jason. That poor boy. I know you will help him through this roughest of times. ((Annie)) We do miss you a lot here, but certainly understand where you are most needed at this time.

Close, I'd love to see the pics when you get a chance. My email is good if my PM box is filled up. Haven't had much free time lately to ensure an empty PM box.... TIA

Waving to all my other friends in the MY forum!

PSA - My deepest condolences as well. I had been wondering where you were, not having seen you post. I am sorry you were away on such sad circumstances...

Annie! :blowkiss: I am so sorry for what you have been through. Thank God you are there for your friend's boy. This is so very very sad. I just can't imagine what Jason is going through. My prayers are with him as well as you and your husband. God Bless you all!

Check in when you can - we'll be waiting... :blowkiss:

Hi everyone: thank you ALL very much for your kind words. You guys are like family and I especially know the sincerity and warmth behind your words and posts having 'read' y'all for so long. You're great...

Waiting for Jason and his aunt to arrive - another day of embassies, registrations, confirmations, signing powers (Jase is a minor - only surviving family - so not even a policy or ten bucks will be released until the estate dealth with...). Current thought is stress on his heart due to th excitement of Jason's arrival, his weight, having such a demanding job as an engineer in construction out here - that perhaps indeed, he had a stroke/h attack. Just don't know yet...

This Friday we're taking Jase into the desert with an amazing bunch of sporty people - he wants to "kick dirt" .... lol. CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS: They all had me down some Hip-Hop club with a Markey-Mark Wahlberg/Enimem lookalike - going FUNKY on the dance floor. Lordie lord - these bones are half a century in the making - but sure as eggs - I was givin it a good go. (Next time I'm wearing a wig and trenchcoat so no-one recognizes me, lol...)

It was good to let go ... we're going to cremate the body (with luck) on Wednesday: we all thought that Valentine's Day is the one day in the calendar filled with love - and if we get the certificates, then there's our last kiss to V.

Indeed, taximom you're welcome to see the pics (thanks close)... and a bunch of smiling people - same team been here everyday for Jason.... he's awesome.

If Jason Young is arrested - could ya email me ? I haven't read a dickie-bird lately, lol - but broke my heart over Anna Nicole's death simply due to the horrendous grief she's suffered (despite her resume and/or ... she had a soul and it was destroyed... God Bless them all - specially that gorgeous babe).

Hugs and thoughts: Polks x

Annie,

Good to see you - continued good thoughts and prayers your way !

Another mother in NC murdered with her children found unharmed with her? Did anyone else see this posted in news section here?> Just a coincidence I guess, but wow! Three similar cases in NC! Sad.

laini said:
Another mother in NC murdered with her children found unharmed with her? Did anyone else see this posted in news section here?> Just a coincidence I guess, but wow! Three similar cases in NC! Sad.

Hi Laini!- Yes we were discussing it on the other main thread here. As RC has pointed out the husband in this case is co-operating!

jilly. As RC has pointed out the husband in this case is co-operating![/QUOTE said:
Ah yes, I guess that would be a big difference in the cases. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste