The VERDICT! He's....GUILTY!!!

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But the weirdest thing ever is the state fought tooth and nail to keep Smith off the stand saying what was said was attorney/client confidentiality.

Judge White said he could understand why Greenberg put in 84 motions to have him not testify before Brodsky got his wild hair but he could not understand why the state didnt want him on the stand either.

IMO

I will go to my grave being confused about WHY the defense chose to put him on. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they did, but it was STUPID.

Just watched a local news clip, one juror spoke out, he was the one hold up juror, 11-1...he stated he was not ready to convict on hearsay and circumstantial evidence. The jury deliberated for 5 hours today then, and he said he then was convinced and voted for guilty.

Which news channel? Do you have a link to the clip? Will you share?

I will go to my grave being confused about WHY the defense chose to put him on. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they did, but it was STUPID.

It was the worst move I have ever seen a DT make in all the years I have been keeping up with trials.

But I dont understand why the state didnt call him in their case in chief instead of trying to keep him from testifying.

I sure would like to read all of his depositions because there has to be something in there that the state was afraid of...........Thats the only thing that makes any sense to me as to why they didnt want him in their case.

IMO

Greenberg knew, after Smith's testimony, that the defense team lost. Even sweeter that it was the defense who called Smith to the stand. Just goes to show that sometimes a witness can be unpredictable. I doubt the state knew how Smith would answer that specific question. The defense opened the door all by themselves and solicited that answer all by themselves. They have no one to blame ... but... themselves and their murdering client.

IMO, it was because of their arrogance. I honestly believe they thought the jury wasn't buying all the hearsay and they felt Smith's testimony would have reinforced their strategy to trash the victim (s) in this case both Kathleen and Stacy. Both women out to get Drew for his money.

haha! WRONG! The jury didn't buy their cockamamie cr@p. Kathleen and Stacy spoke the truth through their witnesses.

Common sense = why would a pastor and a divorce attorney lie? Makes absolutely no sense and the jury realized it.

Furthermore, the bathtub photos and Kathleen's injuries were overwhelming evidence that she did NOT die of an accident!

The best news is that it was their error, a defense error is not grounds for an appeal.

RIP Kathleen! Justice has been served. Now we need to find Stacy. :rose:

IMO, it was because of their arrogance. I honestly believe they thought the jury wasn't buying all the hearsay and they felt Smith's testimony would have reinforced their strategy to trash the victim (s) in this case both Kathleen and Stacy. Both women out to get Drew for his money.

haha! WRONG! The jury didn't buy their cockamamie cr@p. Kathleen and Stacy spoke the truth through their witnesses.

Common sense = why would a pastor and a divorce attorney lie? Makes absolutely no sense and the jury realized it.

Furthermore, the bathtub photos and Kathleen's injuries were overwhelming evidence that she did NOT die of an accident!

Pitiful that their arrogance overcame them (again, don't get me wrong I'm THRILLED) but, you hire a team like that to defend you and they screw up like this? Wow. I hope it takes them down a zillion notches.

I'm on my 2nd glass of wine and am feeling SO peaceful. Thank GOD for this jury and the pros. team.

Which news channel? Do you have a link to the clip? Will you share?

No link yet, sorry. I was watching local Chicago area news cast on ABC, and they did just announce "just in"...so I imagine it might be up on their website soon.

AWESOME! Judge White just said that the pros can put evidence in about Stacy during the sentencing phase!

Pitiful that their arrogance overcame them (again, don't get me wrong I'm THRILLED) but, you hire a team like that to defend you and they screw up like this? Wow. I hope it takes them down a zillion notches.

I'm on my 2nd glass of wine and am feeling SO peaceful. Thank GOD for this jury and the pros. team.

Did you expect anything less from them? Look at how they presented themselves both inside and outside the court room. They even had the Judge wrapped around their dirty fingers for a while but then Judge B did a 180. I think he realized the nasty game this defense team was playing <through their client>. Drew Peterson spoke through his attorneys because he was too much of a coward to take the stand and when you play dirty, karma comes back and bites you in the arse!

Hope he rots in prison and hell! Wife beater and murderer!

It was the worst move I have ever seen a DT make in all the years I have been keeping up with trials.

But I dont understand why the state didnt call him in their case in chief instead of trying to keep him from testifying.

I sure would like to read all of his depositions because there has to be something in there that the state was afraid of...........Thats the only thing that makes any sense to me as to why they didnt want him in their case.

IMO

you know, there is a significant part of me that hopes that the prosecution was savvy enough to fight tooth and nail to entice the DT into insisting on the testimony- knowing that their ego and hubris would sink them. I am just glad that it did... (and no, I don't "really" believe that....)

This guilty verdict was the best news I've heard in a long time! :rocker:

Katydid! I was THIS close to putting out an APB for you! We made you and ~n/t~ our honorary thread forepersons yesterday!!

Hahahahaaha. Thanks , I missed that thread. I took my elderly auntie, on an out of town gambling trip for her birthday. We had a great time but were gone overnight. I was thrilled when I got back and read the news. :dance:

AWESOME! Judge White just said that the pros can put evidence in about Stacy during the sentencing phase!

Stacy's sister made a little slip on HLN when Beth was interviewing her. I think the convicted murderer will have to face prosecution for Stacy's murder and it will be sooner rather than later. :)

Did you expect anything less from them? Look at how they presented themselves both inside and outside the court room. They even had the Judge wrapped around their dirty fingers for a while but then Judge B did a 180. I think he realized the nasty game this defense team was playing <through their client>. Drew Peterson spoke through his attorneys because he was too much of a coward to take the stand and when you play dirty, karma comes back and bites you in the arse!

Hope he rots in prison and hell! Wife beater and murderer!

No, but I am still (unfortunately) tainted by the "trial of which I don't speak of aka CA) and I need to get over it.

Just two words........

"Untouchable" NOT!!!!!

:great:

This guilty verdict was the best news I've heard in a long time! :rocker:

today was a good day indeed! In case anyone missed it Jerice Hunter was also indicted in the murder of Jhesseye Shockley today... by a grand jury! First degree!

sorry for the OT but today was truly a good day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member