The Verdict is In - post your thoughts here

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I needed a defense attorney I would hire Trenkle. I would never hire Kurtz. Think Trenkle & Kurtz walked away from this case on friendly terms? I think not. I doubt you'll ever see them willingly work together again.

We didn't hear from Kurtz and Trenkle...we only heard from Kurtz. Interesting.

Kurtz had one of his assistants (the one with the long hair) reading WS every day, all day long. I saw it on her laptop when I was in court. She would highlight things and IM it to Kurtz. So yes, this defense attorney was using things from WS and likely other online places, to get ideas. The prosecution was not doing this. They were not sitting in court reading WS like Kurtz' team was. I suspect when the trial first started the prosecutors probably were unaware of WS. Kurtz had been monitoring it for 3 yrs.

People who have zero legal knowledge, don't know anything about the laws of this state, don't know anything about rules of evidence, and that's who Kurtz was using to figure out if the judge was ruling incorrectly and to get legal strategy? Foolish man. That to me demonstrates he didn't know what conspiracy to play, but he was looking for the one that would cause the most uproar.

He started by throwing everything against the wall, then whittled down to whatever played the best in the cesspool of social media. Further indication that there was no tampering and no conspiracy. The social media decided which one he would use based on their reactions. Played like a Hollywood producer looking to edit the ending of their movie so audiences will react.

I recall someone on WS drawing the comparison between the state of the yard at 104 Wallsburg and the state of the C's marriage. Cummings did same in closing. Coincidence?

Kurtz had one of his assistants (the one with the long hair) reading WS every day, all day long. I saw it on her laptop when I was in court. She would highlight things and IM it to Kurtz. So yes, this defense attorney was using things from WS and likely other online places, to get ideas. The prosecution was not doing this. They were not sitting in court reading WS like Kurtz' team was. I suspect when the trial first started the prosecutors probably were unaware of WS. Kurtz had been monitoring it for 3 yrs.

People who have zero legal knowledge, don't know anything about the laws of this state, don't know anything about rules of evidence, and that's who Kurtz was using to figure out if the judge was ruling incorrectly and to get legal strategy? Foolish man. That to me demonstrates he didn't know what conspiracy to play, but he was looking for the one that would cause the most uproar.

He started by throwing everything against the wall, then whittled down to whatever played the best in the cesspool of social media. Further indication that there was no tampering and no conspiracy. The social media decided which one he would use based on their reactions. Played like a Hollywood producer looking to edit the ending of their movie so audiences will react.

Yeah, right.

It seems like many here feel very threatened by this latest interview by Kurtz. I wonder why that is.

If I needed a defense attorney I would hire Trenkle. I would never hire Kurtz. Think Trenkle & Kurtz walked away from this case on friendly terms? I think not. I doubt you'll ever see them willingly work together again.

Madeleine, do you or anybody know how Trenkle became involved in this case? Was he appointed to help Kurtz? I don't think I've ever known.

Perhaps Cooper's best chance at a successful appeal will be to claim inadequate defense counsel. If Mr. Kurtz is so sure the proper defense expert would have proven the Google search was planted, he should have had a Teflon coated expert lined up to testify.

I did read his post, cody. And heh heh ... I seriously don't believe there is quite "public outrage" as you prefer to term it, lol. Makes it sounds as though the city of Cary is about to march in protest. The exact opposite, methinks. Tho I agree there is a minority upset Brad finally met his just desserts. Again, subtle but acute difference there, my friend.

Those upset may include law students, people with an axe to bear against LE, some who just like to argue, some who don't get the "full trial process", a couple who are not au fait with the geek-speak ... and maybe one friend BC may have left. Oh ... and his def atties, of course.

They'll get over it.

LOGIC, circumstantial evidence played as crucial a role here aside from BC's spoofed and faked calls, his dumped router and his Googling the very site wher NC was found.

Straightforward.... IMO

'Most' of the segment of the public that is outraged, do not appear to have a general knowledge of the courtroom. The couple times I checked into golo, it was horrendous to say the least. <modsnip>. I agree, they'll get over it. And on to the next thing that get's 'em all riled up and frothing at the mouth. Circumstantial evidence has been relied upon for centuries to solve cases, long before DNA, video cameras, and social networking. The jury heard all the evidence presented, even the witnesses that were blacked out for us. The deliberated, didn't come to a snap decision, and they agreed upon a verdict. It wasn't a 2nd degree compromise, it was a guilty of first degree, premeditated murder. That tells me something right there. There weren't a couple hold outs who caused the jury to come back with a compromise neither the prosecution nor the defense wanted the judge to tack on. MOO MOO

Yep -- goes to show that you get what you pay for...JMHO

Goes to show me BC got what WE, State of North Carolina, paid for. Understand his defense was paid for by tax $.

We simply will have to agree to disagree on this one. I am utterly stunned that everyone is so defensive over the map. By your own comments, the map was really not the major point of evidence for you. . Why do some of you feel the need to attack Kurtz so heavily? If he and his ideas are insignificant, why just not even discuss them. Me thinks people protest too strongly. All of the map evidence from both sides should have been let in IMO, and then there would never have been such a dichotomy of opinions on how this case played out. And, I do not think this will go away quickly MOO. I did not get the impression that Kurtz made decisions on the blogger's reactions. I will go back and hear it again. And RPD and I did discuss the money situation which is irrelevant in this discussion. Got some wine for me?

The map, the spoofed call, were simply small elements of a hugely circumstantial case IMO. Like the big teddy bear detective said, when you take everything else away, this was a DOMESTIC situation. I firmly believe that. Even Jeffrey MacDonald, prior to slaying his entire family, had no *history* of domestic calls to his house. Neither did so many others, who's spouses or entire families ended up dead.

Here is a link to the article about the computer forensics course the judge took. Once you read it, you might want to re-evaluate your opinion about what was really going on with his rulings.

http://www.nccourts.org/News/NewsPrint.asp?id=1343&type=1&archive=False

I'm posting the article to make sure others read it. I wonder if JG slept through this course, or what? Funny he never mentioned in this trial that he had taken a course on Forensic Computer analysis.

(Hoover, Alabama) Five North Carolina Superior Court judges recently
completed a four day course at the National Computer Forensics Institute in Hoover, Alabama. NCFI is a partnership between the United States Secret Service, the Department of Homeland Security, the Alabama District Attorney&#8217;s Association and the National Judicial College. The mission of the Institute
is to train state and local law enforcement, judges and prosecutors in computer forensics and digital evidence. This course was the first of its kind in the country. Here are the facts:

Can you imagine sitting on the court bench, wearing a black robe, presiding over a trial and not being able to understand what an expert witness is talking about during his testimony? That is what the new school and the new judge&#8217;s course is all about.
Publish Date: 10/23/2008

Link:http://www.nccourts.org/News/NewsPrint.asp?id=1343&type=1&archive=False

Madeleine, do you or anybody know how Trenkle became involved in this case? Was he appointed to help Kurtz? I don't think I've ever known.

Trenkle works full time as a salaried public defender.
Kurtz was allowed to stay on at $85/hr under special appointment.

You don't see Trenkle decrying the verdict, claiming tampering/planting, saying his client got railroaded. Think Trenkle might believe his client is actually guilty? I think he just might. Look who is making outrageous claims and who is not. Subtext.

Yeah, right.

It seems like many here feel very threatened by this latest interview by Kurtz. I wonder why that is.

There you are...some here were worried about you.

Who seems "threatened" by the Kurtz interview:waitasec:

Very typical defense attorney response after his client is convicted.
Of course his client was 100% innocent.

You don't see Trenkle decrying the verdict, claiming tampering/planting, saying his client got railroaded. Think Trenkle might believe his client is actually guilty? I think he just might. Look who is making outrageous claims and who is not. Subtext.

Trenkle will go back to work and get another indigent case.
Kurtz is going on vacation and then meeting with the Yellow Page folks to increase their ad size.

Trenkle works full time as a salaried public defender.
Kurtz was allowed to stay on at $85/hr under special appointment.

Thank you so much. Hard as I tried, I never could get the connection with Kurtz and Trenkle.

Yeah, right.

I haven't seen anyone here express anything that makes it seem like they feel "threatened". I thought that Kurtz's interview was a typical self-serving display. He wants to pretend that the google map search is the only piece of evidence because he believes he can convince people that there was some conspiracy and it was planted. He can't convince people that someone else cleaned Brad's trunk and Brad's garage in order to frame him. He can't convince people that someone else put those lies and crazy stories in Brad's mouth to frame him. There is little he can do with the other evidence to make Brad look innocent so he pretends it doesn't exist. MOO

Everyone laughed when I virtually grabbed the ducks by the neck and started swinging! but it sure did bring the defense quacking into court within a few days, claiming their ducks don't fly! Ducks that until then were still minding their own business, nesting in boxes or lawyer's office. LOL! I'd say me and the BIG DAWGS on W/S's flushed them ducks out BIG time! hehehe. talk about a red herring, fowl attempt if you ask me!

Maybe that's because BOZ and his crew preferred twitter. His "protege" was reading and posting and BOZ himself was captured on video reading the twitter #coopertrial hashtag.

The prosecution also made reference to weblseuths on several occasions in court. To act as though somehow the defense team did something wrong or amateurish by keeping their finger on the pulse of public opinion while ignoring the prosecution doing exactly the same thing is just more BDI anti-Kurtz rhetoric.

Maybe that's because BOZ and his crew preferred twitter. His "protege" was reading and posting and BOZ himself was captured on video reading the twitter #coopertrial hashtag.

The prosecution also made reference to weblseuths on several occasions in court. To act as though somehow the defense team did something wrong or amateurish by keeping their finger on the pulse of public opinion while ignoring the prosecution doing exactly the same thing is just more BDI anti-Kurtz rhetoric.

I may not always agree with you, but I sure do like your avatar!

The map, the spoofed call, were simply small elements of a hugely circumstantial case IMO. Like the big teddy bear detective said, when you take everything else away, this was a DOMESTIC situation. I firmly believe that. Even Jeffrey MacDonald, prior to slaying his entire family, had no *history* of domestic calls to his house. Neither did so many others, who's spouses or entire families ended up dead.

Then why are so many threatened by discussions of the google map, including the prosecution? Then why are so many threatened at all by anything that Kurtz said? I am puzzled by the sudden attack on Kurtz.

There you are...some here were worried about you.

Who seems "threatened" by the Kurtz interview:waitasec:

Very typical defense attorney response after his client is convicted.
Of course his client was 100% innocent.

I don't think this is a typical case. Some polls showed 80% of people watching the trial believed BC would be found innocent.

The only smoking gun was the google search. If it can be proven that it was placed on his computer, then it is clearly NOT a typical case. That is a pretty big deal. He is a good attorney for staying on top of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966