The Verdict Waiting Room

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no, falling asleep :( thinking of you alll and all who love Allison tonight :heartbeat:

I can't believe the jury will come back with a manslaughter verdict if they take Judge Byrne's words seriously, those scratches show that he killed her intentionally. Allison fought for her life, he could have stopped at any moment during those moments he overpowered her.

There have been many cases where a man has attempted to strangle a woman but stopped short of killing her.
I will be very disappointed with a manslaughter verdict, I would really like to know how they came to that conclusion as I am sure the Dickies would too. jmo

If can still be classed as Manslaughter if there was intention to kill (Voluntary Manslaughter). For example: if the jury decided Allison had found out about the ongoing affair, attacked Gerard, and in self-defense he went too far.

PS. Not suggesting this happened, just that Manslaughter is possible with intention.

Even after the verdict whichever way it goes wouldn't we want to still keep discussing it for awhile.

This might be the Last Thread. Hopefully it ends with a just result. Thank you all for your company along this road.

“It may be that, even if you were to find that the accused lied about his facial injuries because he realised that the truth would show him to be the killer, still you would not conclude that the lie shows that he realised that her death after scratching him with her fingernails would show that he had killed her intentionally.” Judge Byrne

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/gerard-badenclay-murder-trial-judge-warns-jury-not-to-consult-outside-sources/story-fnihsrf2-1226984982501

I can't believe the jury will come back with a manslaughter verdict if they take Judge Byrne's words seriously, those scratches show that he killed her intentionally. Allison fought for her life, he could have stopped at any moment during those moments he overpowered her.

There have been many cases where a man has attempted to strangle a woman but stopped short of killing her.
I will be very disappointed with a manslaughter verdict, I would really like to know how they came to that conclusion as I am sure the Dickies would too. jmo

Yes good point. If you are strangling or smothering someone then if they reach out to stop you, and scratch you, then as the judge said, you would normally recoil, and it would be a chance for you to stop, essentially a wakeup call. So if you kept on going, really it is absolutely an indication of intent.

God - the fact the jury asked about this - can it mean they are trying to reach a guilty verdict, or at least manslaughter?

Yes good point. If you are strangling or smothering someone then if they reach out to stop you, and scratch you, then as the judge said, you would normally recoil, and it would be a chance for you to stop, essentially a wakeup call. So if you kept on going, really it is absolutely an indication of intent.

God - the fact the jury asked about this - can it mean they are trying to reach a guilty verdict, or at least manslaughter?

I am wondering if one of the jurors is convinced it is manslaughter and perhaps the others are not and are trying to clarify the definitions correctly for that juror.

BBM

Yes, it certainly seems some reasonable, level headed members of the jury are not buying the suicide theory!

If can still be classed as Manslaughter if there was intention to kill (Voluntary Manslaughter). For example: if the jury decided Allison had found out about the ongoing affair, attacked Gerard, and in self-defense he went too far.

PS. Not suggesting this happened, just that Manslaughter is possible with intention.

But he didn't lead with that defence, he could have, but he went with the "not guilty your honour ...i was asleep defence"

My mum went for a walk this morning and found a single very long stemmed sunflower in a field.
She dug it up and potted it and bought it over to me.
I got a tear in my eye and was so dumbfounded I literally had my mouth open.
She asked what my problem was, she practically knows everything about this case except for the significance of sunflowers.
She couldn't believe the coincidence either when I explained it to her.

Oh I love this!

I know, it still amazes me each time I look at it. I am terrible at keeping plants alive, so I need all of you to wish it well and to grow. I have a feeling though it will flourish all on its own. I will post a pic of it tomorrow. My camera is a little bit hurt, but I'm hoping it will be ok soon.
Oh, Allison's sunflower. Discovered all alone, standing proudly and gladly, tall and beautiful; 'Twas brought home lovingly, and nurtured;
At the very time that Allison's alleged murderer faces judgement. And Allison receives justice. (Hopefully.)

I am wondering if one of the jurors is convinced it is manslaughter and perhaps the others are not and are trying to clarify the definitions correctly for that juror.

I hope so, at least it's not 'not guilty'.

<modsnip>.

This is what I think (hope!) too - that the jury has already decided on murder but there is one juror that is not sure whether to go the full mile for 'murder' or whether to 'place it safe' or leave room for some doubt and only go as far as 'manslaughter'.

Hope...Hope....Hope....this is the case!

I'm going the other way, I think the jury is excluding manslaughter on the basis of the defendant's lies, which go to intent.

does the jury retire for lunch or just go straight through

I'm really edgy today and need to get a move on to clean up after myself and drive back to the boonies. This must be so hard for the dickies. It's so near but so far. Waiting is torturous. I have to go through the roundabout to get home, I'll make sure the jury aren't having a seance there on the way.

Someone asked what you'd tell the kids. I think you'd go straight to the most qualified/experienced counseller you could find and get their advice. It just brought to me that this is much more than kids losing both parents, they also have to put up with everyone knowing it and the intimate details. Their name which held such pride will now haunt them. THey'll question everything they knew about everyone they were close to. They'll need long term counselling. THey'll have to go through it all without their beloved mum. Those girls are in for a long hard road.

I believe that the Dickies will have always had the girls best interest at heart and will have given them a story near the truth but without laying blame. You can't shield them completely because it's everywhere around them. They may have had someone go into the new school before they started to talk to the other kids. They would need expert guidance to allow these precious girls not to lose their childhood along with their parents. It can't have been easy with the strain between the families. They deserve a medal. :loveyou:

does the jury retire for lunch or just go straight through

crickey I hope so, they need to be kept fed and given a break surely, if it was me in there I would want a ciggie break that's for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine