The Verdict Waiting Room

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I can tell you I go into the Indooroopilly bus interchange(where he crashed) and the only cars allowed in there are police cars. Right by where he crashed is a little police station and it is nowhere near the police station he was supposed to be going too.

To get where he was he would have had to mounted a kerb and footpath. My guess deliberate to cover up injuries.
bbm
I did hope it would be included in the events before and after the murder. Why not?????

And that, I believe, is a big difference between men and women...Even though Todd Fuller QC is probably not a stereotypical example of conventional male good looks (a la Brad Pitt, Hugh Jackman, a younger Tom Cruise, whoever your favourite hot celebrity happens to be) - the women on this forum (and probably women everywhere who are following the trial) are falling in love with him in droves. The attraction is his obvious intelligence, the skill and passion with which he does his job, the fact that he is working hard to bring justice to one who can no longer speak up for herself, and the glimpse that we catch of his character and moral integrity as a result of this.

GBC, on the other hand, can (arguably) be classed as reasonably good looking - especially when slimmer and bearded - I noted in a previous post that in this state he bore a passing resemblance to Ben Affleck and this would be the actor of choice to play him in a movie. However, with what we have learned about him over the past 2 years - the nature of his alleged crimes, the conduct that he has displayed and what has come out in the trial from other people's statements - it would be a safe bet for me to state that most women here would find him repulsive.

Character, personality, intelligence and morals tend to be what women fall in love with. Most males I have observed (not all, I know it's wrong to generalise) tend to be attracted more to physical beauty. Just my opinion.
Totally agree MadDoc

Well the subject IS court related, I could say reading about Todd is research ;)

Give it a go I say....When I was at Uni back in the dark ages it was truly startling the accepted reasons for extentions! Tell them it was experience.. and pad it with waffle... like a real legal eagle !

MadDoc. Darling, I am older enough to be Todd's grandmother. I am sure he would not be enjoying his fame ... and the lecherous websleuth ladies lusting after him. And if you are not after physical beauty .... and you are a male (and very good looking) .... I may be your perfect woman. :loveyou:

Thank you for the kind words, Heloise...but (fortunately or unfortunately)
- I am a female (not that there is anything wrong with women who love women, I just don't happen to bat for that team!)
- I am already taken (hubby has a science degree, so let's call him MadScientist)
- I won't be winning any beauty contests any time soon, and
- I am in the same age group as GBC, give or take a year or two.

Morning!
So glad to hear DrW met up with you guys too! It really has been a journey - to think you all felt comfortable enough to meet speaks volumes about what had been shared on this forum .
The inner circle of Allison's loved ones must feel exhausted this weekend - thinking of them all and hoping the time passes quickly until Monday . Hope they are getting together also to draw strength .
I wonder if the BC's feel any compassion for them losing Allison ? They sure don't show it. It makes me sad for the girls to now be a part of such a torn up family. GBC is so selfish. Karma is a female dog .

I agree, I don't get it either - although I think he's done a wonderful job, definitely no crush on him here.

I definitely don't have a crush on him myself, although I am very impressed by his work as I have followed the trial. In fact, some of the outpourings of heartfelt "lust" make me a bit uncomfortable at times - I start to think
(a) What if he reads this forum,
(b) It doesn't do any good for WebSleuths' image - didn't one commenter, very early in the course of this case, refer to WS as a bunch of gossiping middle-aged women or something along those lines?
and (c) if the shoe were on the other foot, and there was a brilliant female barrister doing an outstanding job, and the males were going all hormonal about how they were in love with her, how would she (and other women here) perceive that?

Thank you for the kind words, Heloise...but (fortunately or unfortunately)
- I am a female (not that there is anything wrong with women who love women, I just don't happen to bat for that team!)
- I am already taken (hubby has a science degree, so let's call him MadScientist)
- I won't be winning any beauty contests any time soon, and
- I am in the same age group as GBC, give or take a year or two.

Its bazaar the images we create for others, I was sure you were a guy, lol, cheeky like a Dr off Scrubs :laughing:

I definitely don't have a crush on him myself, although I am very impressed by his work as I have followed the trial. In fact, some of the outpourings of heartfelt "lust" make me a bit uncomfortable at times - I start to think
(a) What if he reads this forum,
(b) It doesn't do any good for WebSleuths' image - didn't one commenter, very early in the course of this case, refer to WS as a bunch of gossiping middle-aged women or something along those lines?
and (c) if the shoe were on the other foot, and there was a brilliant female barrister doing an outstanding job, and the males were going all hormonal about how they were in love with her, how would she (and other women here) perceive that?

Oh God, Im glad I love his brain lol

So willfully stopping the breath constitutes murder... That's intent...

Yes indeed Susan, that is called smothering, a very horrid uncomfortable death.

I woke from a dream last night to write down the most loud clearest message I heard.
It was a lawyers voice telling the jury that a husband would smother you to "shut you up."

It was startling, I never have dreams like this.

Smothering creates air hunger that made poor Allison reach and try to stop this happening to her and she managed to scratch GBCs face.

Hope jury have my dream too.

Just musing but he is the kind of man that Allison should have married.
I am quite sure that with the right man, Allison would have positively glowed, and the right man would have been very happy. He might have a constant genuine smile, and be always putting Allison up on a pedestal. And the marriage could have gone places.
There's a word I like using in this situation; A marriage with the right ingredients, Synergism.

Bored? You have to be joking!
Absolutely No way.....
I wonder how many people have put part of their lives on hold for two years ?
And at great cost to many.
Why? To see justice prevail in a thoroughly unjust matter.

Hi Ladybird,

My apologies if this came across insincere. I was having a laugh about some of the sluethers outside the court house - eyeballing fireman - perhaps with squizzy sitting on a park bench with a bottle of rum and a fist full of ciggies. I have followed this from the very beginning and can relate to Allisons struggles in many ways. Bring on Monday - I hope they lock him up for ever and day.

I am quite sure that with the right man, Allison would have positively glowed, and the right man would have been very happy. He might have a constant genuine smile, and be always putting Allison up on a pedestal. And the marriage could have gone places.
There's a word I like using in this situation; A marriage with the right ingredients, Synergism.

With all due respect to you, lovely LadyBird, I think that the whole idea of the 'right man' being responsible for a woman's happiness is part of the problem here. It leads to women putting up with all sorts of outrageous behaviour from their male partners, as they are terrified of losing the relationship (even if it is completely dysfunctional and makes them miserable).

The only way we can be happy is by our own inner work - and love for self (tacky I know, but true). If a woman believes that her partner is the key to her happiness, it leads to a huge let down. No other person can do that for any of us. Also, I think part of the problem with pedestals is that they create an idealised image of the other - which is always going to crash down at some point when the partner's 'humanness' becomes too obvious to ignore.

JMO

How long was their engagement?
Did they live together before marriage?

If they knew each other a short time maybe Allison didn't see his traits in time.
Also I think something happened o/seas because in her diary she wasn't happy about something. Either angry or depressed.

How long was their engagement?
Did they live together before marriage?

If they knew each other a short time maybe Allison didn't see his traits in time.
Also I think something happened o/seas because in her diary she wasn't happy about something. Either angry or depressed.

A very interesting book to read is psychopath free, in this book they talk about how psychopaths, sociopaths and narcissists rush their 'partner' into a relationship, marriage etc. The book is written from the survivors point of view, and gives some very interesting insights into the entire relationship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hyacintha