The wait for closing arguments discussion thread

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe if RS still believed this had anything to do with a drug debt, he would be screaming it to all that would listen. He wants the TRUTH. JMO

I know there are people that have speculated he might think Tori's death was related to Tara's drug use. Anyway if he does think that he can't talk about it as long as the publication ban is in place.

I forgot about that whole EOA thing, Derstine never did bring that up again did he?

IMO he didn't because it was just a red herring.

I don't think Tori's abduction had anything to do with drugs or a gang initiation thing. To be an initiation I'd think that another gang member would have to be there to verify that TLM did kill Tori

I think the EOA will for sure will be brought up by derstine because he kept bringing up that and Necro.

I believe if RS still believed this had anything to do with a drug debt, he would be screaming it to all that would listen. He wants the TRUTH. JMO

I am sure even if Rodney feels this way there is a lot that he can't say or it will jeopardize this trial. <modsnip>... Jmo

Well, it's the day after the big "day" of defense, and I am still shaking my head at how little defense was actually offered. [RSBM]

I'm doing the same. Two things still have me scratching my head:

1 - She didn't report it until much, much later.

Example - I still remember much from the morning of September 11th, I always will, I'm sure you all do too, images like a slideshow in your head. But do you remember what you had for breakfast on that morning? I don't, becasue I'd been at work for several hours, because the trauma didn't happen until later, and that's when my memories begin.

But 4 days later she says something to police, it's not clear to me what...48 days later, she finally makes a full statement?

If you told me there was a serial killer sitting next to me on the bus into work on Monday morning, I couldn't tell you anything - because it wasn't significant at the time. Even if I looked at someone and thought "that guy looks dodgy", whatever brain cells those memories were recorded on are gone or wiped and re-recorded.

2. And then there were those three little words; three words interestingly enough that didn't come through in the tweets

"They didn't ask."

Zero credibility. It's not a personal attack on her - there's just nothing there.

I forgot about that whole EOA thing, Derstine never did bring that up again did he?

IMO he didn't because it was just a red herring.

I don't think Tori's abduction had anything to do with drugs or a gang initiation thing. To be an initiation I'd think that another gang member would have to be there to verify that TLM did kill Tori

I think the EOA will for sure will be brought up by derstine because he kept bringing up that and Necro.

I am sure even if Rodney feels this way there is a lot that he can't say or it will jeopardize this trial. <modsnip>... Jmo

I agree with your statement "<modsnip>" <modsnip>...I remember at one of the daily press meetings when JG attacked RS...I think any faults that RS had before this he has kept his word when he said that he would live a clean life for the memory of TS and I think he is doing just that....but I don't think others have done the same....JMO

quotes are acting strange. You said:

But Derstine is done presenting evidence. If he had evidence related to that he would have included it in his defence.

He might bring it up during his closing, but closing remarks aren't evidence.

Eta to add quote box around what crazilady said.

I know there are people that have speculated he might think Tori's death was related to Tara's drug use. Anyway if he does think that he can't talk about it as long as the publication ban is in place.

I guess that could be the case. My US roots are showing. I just can't imagine a child being murdered for that reason. LE surely would have jumped all over it. It just is beyond my comprehension. JMO

no he wouldn't because he would do nothing to threaten the outcome of this trial ...JMO but I do agree he wants the truth...JMO so many interviews I have seen of RS and it is not difficult to see that he has to zipper his mouth...

Was the grandma the one in the vehicle that we see driving by in the CASS shot? This is around the time that the woman was on the sidewalk waiting for her child. She also testified at the beginning of the trial. Did this other witness say that Tori and TLM were chatty? Was Tori talking a mile a minute? The witness' name is LP. She testified on March 6th. TIA
She drove a Montana (Pontiac minivan). I don't think the green car in the video was a minivan.

quotes are acting strange. You said:

But Derstine is done presenting evidence. If he had evidence related to that he would have included it in his defence.

He might bring it up during his closing, but closing remarks aren't evidence.

Eta to add quote box around what crazilady said.

closing remarks may not be evidence but they will have an impact on the jury..thus the main reason they are presented..otherwise why bother..JMO

no he wouldn't because he would do nothing to threaten the outcome of this trial ...JMO but I do agree he wants the truth...JMO so many interviews I have seen of RS and it is not difficult to see that he has to zipper his mouth...

If anything I think he blames her for not ensuring VS was supervised after school. I can't wrap my head around the drug debt. JMO

I read a couple of articles where lawyers discussed the possibility of MR testifyiing and how the defense team would be preparing him and asking him questions the Crown may ask.

If the defense would coach their witness, would the Crown also have coached TLM, their star witness?

JMO............

Depends what you mean by "coach". I take it to mean telling the witness to just tell the truth and not anything else. However, I got the impression (from her video interviews) that TLM was someone who would not handle coaching well and would just go ahead and say what she wanted to say.

Closing remarks reinforce your case and the evidence presented. Derstine didn't present much of a case and didn't positively refute much of the crown's case. I think his closing will be a whole lot of out of left field blustering that the jury will consider and, ultimately, dismiss.

yes, i'm sure they are disgusted, imo if they didn't think he did this they would have been there to support him

I don't think the fact that they are not in court means that they are disgusted...I think it could be because they don't want the harassment of the press and nosey spectators..they probably have jobs and family and do not want to subject them to this circus...who could blame them...and of course being scrutinized and talked about on internet sites...JMO

I agree with your statement "RS blames TM" and I also believe it includes JG...I remember at one of the daily press meetings when JG attacked RS...I think any faults that RS had before this he has kept his word when he said that he would live a clean life for the memory of TS and I think he is doing just that....but I don't think others have done the same....JMO

I know that Tara has continued to struggle with her demons, she was arrested after Tori's death. But i don't hold it against her just like I don't hold Rodney's behavior before Tori's death against him.

It breaks my heart either way, but I don't believe either of their shortcomings were related to what happened to Tori. If there is no relation between Jame's drug dept and Tori's abduction I hope we learn about it so maybe the clouds hanging of Tara's head won't be as dark.

I'm still feeling baffled about Derstine and the way he has handled this case, i realize he has been very careful what he asks and says, he doesn't want to open the door for some evidence to get in or for witnesses to be asked about MR's character. All of that aside it almost seems like he realizes there isn't much he can do except see that MR gets a fair trial. Having the one witness really strikes me as odd. Putting her on the stand he gave up the right to do his closing last, surely that would have given him a bigger advantage with the jury than what that woman had to say. And his agreed statement of facts.. WTH???? Maybe he thinks less is more, I'm just really puzzled. I half expect his closing arguments to be one sentence long too.

If anything I think he blames her for not insuring VS was supervised after school. I can't wrap my head around the drug debt. JMO

that too..but there are other things..not sure if you were following this at the start but both RS and some members of his family expressed things that were not complimentary to others... JMO

She may well have felt warm and that a jacket was not necessary. Her testimony in that regard would only be meaningful to me however if she or anyone else could say that nobody (i.e. 300+ students and staff and the rest of Woodstock) was wearing a coat that day. IMO, whomever she saw could have been just about anyone entering the school that day.

JMO

(RSBM)

Do you really think that LE would not have checked for any other women wearing a white jacket who picked up a child that afternoon? Even if there had been a dozen of them, I would think that this was thoroughly investigated and other possibilities ruled out. Had there been others who fit the witness's description, the Crown would have put them on the stand to discredit her testimony. They didn't.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7860815&postcount=88"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - The wait for closing arguments discussion thread[/ame]

JMO

You guys certainly are chatty! There's so much reading to do when you miss a few hours! :)

I've noticed the interviews with RS & I come away feeling the same as a lot of you do...it seems there's always something he can't say. I just hope whatever he does have to say when this trial is over isn't an attack on Tori's mother. I would hope they would keep whatever they have between them (if there is anything) private. To ME it would be a sign of disrespect towards their daughter.
Does anyone know if they sit with each other at the trial? Does there seem to be communication between them?

If anything I think he blames her for not insuring VS was supervised after school. I can't wrap my head around the drug debt. JMO

ITA, but there is a difference between blaming Tara because she had upset a dealer and blaming Tara because Tori walked home by herself.

I don't think that Tara knew that Tori was going to walk home that day, I think she thought that she would walk home with her brother but he was taking another child home so Tori decided to walk home by herself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member