The wait for closing arguments discussion thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I appreciate the hyperbole, but 8C isn't hot, and it isn't that odd to see people wearing winter coats when it is slightly above zero in early April.

TLM was an addict. Maybe the drugs made her body systems all wonky. Maybe she got the chills all the time. We don't know.

I'm glad she wore that stupid jacket. It helped people ID her and now she is in jail where she belongs and MR is going to follow in her footsteps.

imo

exactly, i wore my pink bubbly jacket yesterday (with another light jacket underneath) and it was much warmer the 8c... I'm close enough to walk to work and its quite normal for the temp lately to change quite a bit from morning to afternoon. And it's also quite normal for me in my pink bubbly winter jacket to see others in Tshirts??? whatever... so it would not be something that called attention to myself or probably most people the day VS went missing. It's quite different what you choose to wear when your driving then walking imo

Well this is the thing. There was no dna on the pea coat that belonged to Tori. So there is only TLM word that he was hiding Tori. JMO

I am not trying to defend MR. I believe he should be in jail.

Why would you expect DNA to be present? It was 3 months later. She didn't wear it, it was thrown over her. He also continued to wear the coat. I believe it was a long shot anyway and finding it would have been a bonus. JMO

Well this is the thing. There was no dna on the pea coat that belonged to Tori. So there is only TLM word that he was hiding Tori. JMO

I wondered if that was a lie too, that she wasn't covered by the pea coat perhaps? I dunno. And ITA, but for what is what's yet to be decided IMO

Maybe someone told them it gets cold in the desert at night.... Cold to a person from Winnipeg might be 50 below at Portage and Main! Lol they were just being prepared. Haha

yes, where your eyelashes freeze together in 3 seconds. It's wonderful! MOO

I wondered if that was a lie too, that she wasn't covered by the pea coat perhaps? I dunno. And ITA, but for what is what's yet to be decided IMO

MTR/mother owned many CATS. Would not surprise me to find out that they owned a "tape roller lint brush" to get rid of cat hair. MOO It is very common for people to use those brushes on a pea coat; especially with cats in the house. JMO

I believe the teacher when she said Tori forgot her butterfly earrings and went back in to retrieve them.

Butterfly earrings were found at the crime scene.

800_tori_stafford_earing_cp_120403.jpg

did LE get both earrings????? MOO

Weird that TLM was ahead of the fashion trend. 2009/2010

i have a friend who had a white jacket that same year (not from that province) and she got hers for 35 bucks at Giant Tiger. They had oodles of them! MOO

My husband just brought up something ... So he was without his pants for at least half hour ... Why? Just wondering if it was so brisk and cold ... Why would he have taking off his pants when he did not need to. Just saying ...

I have always found this as odd but who would lie about something like that? Ya it was TLM's testimony but its so out there I really dont think that was a lie.

When it is plus 8 here and sunny with no wind, in my yard can sit in just a T-shirt and feel warm. But we are surrounded by trees and such. If I were to go to town it is windier and unsheltered and I would wear a coat. In the evening I would definately still wear a winter coat. MOO

I am frozen even at 20 degrees... Sorry everyone responds to weather differently. I am always cold.

MTR/mother owned many CATS. Would not surprise me to find out that they owned a "tape roller lint brush" to get rid of cat hair. MOO It is very common for people to use those brushes on a pea coat; especially with cats in the house. JMO

I use this brush on my coat all the time for cat hair, inside and out.

Barb Armstrong was quoted as saying she saw a dark haired girl in MR's car when MR purchased the drugs off of her that day . Where was Tori? She was in the car, she HAD to be in the car. If BA saw TLM, she would have seen Tori sitting in the back. I'm guessing BA was able to see into the car from the front windshield or the side windows. JMO

It's 7 degrees today here and raining. I'm wearing a coat. At this rate, I'll be wearing a coat until June. :(

exactly, i wore my pink bubbly jacket yesterday (with another light jacket underneath) and it was much warmer the 8c... I'm close enough to walk to work and its quite normal for the temp lately to change quite a bit from morning to afternoon. And it's also quite normal for me in my pink bubbly winter jacket to see others in Tshirts??? whatever... so it would not be something that called attention to myself or probably most people the day VS went missing. It's quite different what you choose to wear when your driving then walking imo

It could be that grandmama thought something was odd and the coat was the only thing she could come up with that didn't bring up the undoubted question what if?

Why would you expect DNA to be present? It was 3 months later. She didn't wear it, it was thrown over her. He also continued to wear the coat. I believe it was a long shot anyway and finding it would have been a bonus. JMO

MR was arrested in May, one month later ...

It's 7 degrees today here and raining. I'm wearing a coat. At this rate, I'll be wearing a coat until June. :(

Now early this morning on my deck, it was same temp here BUT the wind was absolutely still and again I am protected by woods...I was out in a t shirt. But, when I went to the store an hour later I put on my jacket. Possibly could be related to hot flashes :p

"I'm still hot; but it comes in flashes". :OB

I can remember when younger, it would be march and snow still on ground and you would get a "still" day with the sun shining and my friends and I would just sit in our t-shirts to get the edge on that summer tan. But it had to be at the highest point of the sun during the day. Can remember many family easter get togethers and sitting on the deck and soooooo surprised how warm the sun shining down was; but then if you went to go fish away from the protection of house it was cold feeling. Wonders if that lady had the same experience??? MOO

Also, at certain ages you are always hot and other ages you are always cold. Either way I am not so sure this ladies testimony is important either way. MOO I guess we will find out in closing why it was important to the defense. IMO

I am going to defend the Granny witness. I remember that year and date. It was my sons birthday and i was worried about the weather being cold because i wanted to have all the kids outside that weekend to come. It turned out to be a great weekend for warm weather. All kids were outside playing NO coats. It was warm outside. I would post a picture i took of the group of kids proving it was to warm to wear a jacket. But i wont because of showing these kids in pictures is unsafe online.I remember April 8th it was nice outside but i was worried being April it might rain and then the kids wouldn't be able to play in the backyard as our yard gets really soggy if it rains and i was worried about not being able to have the kids outside. It was a cool wind that week but not to the point that you would need a ski jacket.JMO

As you can see my sons birthday was April 8th but we had it that weekend after the 8th. I was really watching the weather and was hoping it would stay nice out for the weekend. It turned out to get even warmer as the weekend approached after that it got really cold for a bit.

Either way MR took a child to Mount Forest down a hidden laneway type of road, for what? He is guilty IMO

I am going to defend the Granny witness. I remember that year and date. It was my sons birthday and i was worried about the weather being cold because i wanted to have all the kids outside that weekend to come. It turned out to be a great weekend for warm weather. All kids were outside playing NO coats. It was warm outside. I would post a picture i took of the group of kids proving it was to warm to wear a jacket. But i wont because of showing these kids in pictures is unsafe online.I remember April 8th it was nice outside but i was worried being April it might rain and then the kids wouldn't be able to play in the backyard as our yard gets really soggy if it rains and i was worried about not being able to have the kids outside. It was a cool wind that week but not to the point that you would need a ski jacket.JMO

As you can see my sons birthday was April 8th but we had it that weekend after the 8th. I was really watching the weather and was hoping it would stay nice out for the weekend. It turned out to get even warmer as the weekend approached after that it got really cold for a bit.

Either way MR took a child to Mount Forest down a hidden laneway type of raod, for what? He is guilty IMO

otto posted a link to the weather of that day. IIRC, it was 8 degrees.

As most Canadians know, the weather can change from one day to the next. We had a week in March where the temperatures went up to 27 degrees. 2 days later we got snow. So there you go.....unreliable weather.

At 7 or 8 degrees, I'm still wearing a coat. Ironically, I watched what kids wore to school this morning and the little ones still had tuques (hats) on.

click_to_enlarge_surv.jpg

You can see that the other parent (although blurred image) is also wearing a heavy jacket.

http://www.amw.com/missing_children/case.cfm?id=64826

As most Canadians know, the weather can change from one day to the next. We had a week in March where the temperatures went up to 27 degrees. 2 days later we got snow. So there you go.....unreliable weather.

At 7 or 8 degrees, I'm still wearing a coat. Ironically, I watched what kids wore to school this morning and the little ones still had tuques (hats) on.

You can see that the other parent (although blurred image) is also wearing a heavy jacket.

I am just stating that temperature is subjective to some people depending on age. Also to note the granny was not walking; she was in a car. She may have thought it felt warm as she was in car and on her deck in protected area for example it might feel warmer as no wind. So temp can be subjective. Also for that granny we don't know how her internal temp works ie hot flashes, is she just a warm type person.

IE my friend is always dressed like a polar bear; she is always cold.
I on the other hand only care to keep my neck warm with a light scarf but wear light coats as I am rarely cold. moo I would hate to just right her off as _______ but there are other reasonable reasons why she felt it was warmer that day than perhaps other people might.

If you look at the images of TLM and MR that day at bank machine and in home depot there jackets were not zipped up. It was chilly not winter cold. This is why I am saying the white 3 tier jacket may have stuck out to the Granny witness. Not that it matters Tori was taken weather TLM went in the school or not. But i don't think the Granny witness is lying about why the jacket stuck out JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member