The wait for closing arguments discussion thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you look at the images of TLM and MR that day at bank machine and in home depot there jackets were not zipped up. It was chilly not winter cold. This is why I am saying the white 3 tier jacket may have stuck out to the Granny witness. Not that it matters Tori was taken weather TLM went in the school or not. But i don't think the Granny witness is lying about why the jacket stuck out JMO

I don't think TLM jacket even looks that warm! MOO Looks like a cheap jacket from _______. MOO

Poor Granny.

aweeee bless her heart; everyone loves a granny...unless on the stand lol MOO

LMAO...no ....I didn't want to testify for the defence! LMAO Laughing so hard! Cracks me up when I think about it!

MOO

RS caught himself he said ol....elderly lady lol. Come on she is 60!!! Not that old! MOO

Temperature and age; it is all subjective...depending on YOUR age! MOO

MR was arrested in May, one month later ...

Yes, that is correct. More like 6 weeks. Still same scenario. I just find it odd that anyone would expect DNA. Tori had clothes on, it was thrown over her. They found minuscule evidence in the vehicle and we all know she was there. If you add up all of the other corroborating evidence, TLM's version is a slam dunk. I just find it an irrelevant thing to be fixated on. JMO

LMAO...no ....I didn't want to testify for the defence! LMAO Laughing so hard! Cracks me up when I think about it!

MOO

RS caught himself he said ol....elderly lady lol. Come on she is 60!!! Not that old! MOO

First humorous post i was able to laugh at.

Yes, that is correct. More like 6 weeks. Still same scenario. I just find it odd that anyone would expect DNA. Tori had clothes on, it was thrown over her. They found minuscule evidence in the vehicle and we all know she was there. If you add up all of the other corroborating evidence, TLM's version is a slam dunk. I just find it an irrelevant thing to be fixated on. JMO

Yes and I do not think the lack of quantity of DNA present means a thing considering that it was weeks of cleaning and such going on. The fact that there was even if it was a tiny bit of DNA found ....was damning. Kind of like there is no such thing as "kind of pregnant"...you either are or you aren't. MOO

Just to show how the media can twist things, I just heard on my radio this morning that the grandma testified yesterday to seeing TLM walking out of the school with Victoria.

It's amazing how things can get twisted so easily.

MOO

Just to show how the media can twist things, I just heard on my radio this morning that the grandma testified yesterday to seeing TLM walking out of the school with Victoria.

It's amazing how things can get twisted so easily.

MOO

Happens in everyday life; you tell one person one thing and by the time it gets back to you it is all buggered. :O) MOO

I find it strange that no one would think that the pea coat was thrown in the washer. I bet it was thrown in the washer a lot. Wasn't MR a smoker? Would he never wash his outer clothing? I thought he seemed kind of meticulous about his clothing. Looking at the coat, it doesn't look like a wool coat or any dress type coat that has structure and can't be washed and hung dry.

33m1x52.jpg

MOO

I find it strange that no one would think that the pea coat was thrown in the washer. I bet it was thrown in the washer a lot. Wasn't MR a smoker? Would he never wash his outer clothing? I thought he seemed kind of meticulous about his clothing. Looking at the coat, it doesn't look like a wool coat or any dress type coat that has structure and can't be washed and hung dry.

33m1x52.jpg

MOO

Fortunately the coat had many others DNA on it and none of his POF friends (after April 8th) claimed they wore it. So it sounds like it wasn't washed after April 8th IMO.

Yes and I do not think the lack of quantity of DNA present means a thing considering that it was weeks of cleaning and such going on. The fact that there was even if it was a tiny bit of DNA found ....was damning. Kind of like there is no such thing as "kind of pregnant"...you either are or you aren't. MOO

Personally I find it much more suspicious that even though he is admitting that Victoria was in his car for about 3 hours, there is not one stitch of her DNA in there with the exception of the area in between a closed door. Major cleanup.

MOO

33m1x52.jpg

MOO

yes and MTR mom seemed to keep a meticulous house in spite of the tossing of tools and messing up he did; it would not be unlike a mother to toss a smokey, cat hair infested coat into the wash MOO

cat hair + black coat = nightmare JMO And certainly he could have washed it himself and regularly de-haired it with lint brushes IMO.....or as in my house....out comes the big roll of packing tape!!!

My husband just brought up something ... So he was without his pants for at least half hour ... Why? Just wondering if it was so brisk and cold ... Why would he have taking off his pants when he did not need to. Just saying ...

Because for most of that time, he probably was in the back seat of his vehicle. That would make a considerable difference regarding temperature, considering his car had been running for quite some time due to the drive from Woodstock to Mount Forest and in all probability with the heat on, since TLM is clearly seen putting her coat back on properly as she exits his car in the HD parking lot. MOO

I started reading yesterday's trial thread right after work until bedtime :) I want to thank everyone for posting throughout this trial. Its unfortunate by the time I'm here my posts are mote and happy others of like mind have pretty much said what I wanted to.

I'm really unhappy that after a 4 day break they weren't prepared to get one witness thru and to closings yesterday and today???? that is ridicolous, have they been too on time that they need another break to take it into next week? This all in the public's view, I for one will be making sure I bring it up to my MP. When you have an unsequestered Jury and such a high profile case why take the added burden of risk?
I'm sure this Jury would like to just get to the end at this point without unnecessarily drawing it out.. and that is my opinion. Not saying to rush here... but sheesh another break??? after one witness... to prepare for a closing that I have a feeling is not going to be much since the defense can't talk about what 'he never proved' (that MR was duped and oblivious to where, what he was involved in) imo

mystic

There seems to be a lot of misunderstanding regarding trial process in Canada. There is no rush to get to the verdict. Getting there fast or slow does not change the outcome. The trial is part of the process that began on the day of the crime. When a new stage of the process is scheduled, like the defence argument or the closing arguments, the dates are not selected because the defence is unprepared or that officers of the courts are snoozing on the taxpayers dime. The dates are set to accommodate those involved in the process - and this trial is not the only task on their schedules. Regarding the jury, they are performing their civic duty. If they were unable to participate because of time constraints, that would have been stated at the outset. Given the schedule in place, even they are able to look after their other responsibilities while the trial takes place.

Fortunately the coat had many others DNA on it and none of his POF friends (after April 8th) claimed they wore it. So it sounds like it wasn't washed after April 8th IMO.

I do not recall hearing that the coat had "many others" DNA on it? There were a couple of blond hairs that were not Victoria and some saliva from him I thought?

MOO

I do not recall hearing that the coat had "many others" DNA on it? There were a couple of blond hairs that were not Victoria and some saliva from him I thought?

MOO

Ill have a look as i am sure there was unidentified saliva on it .

I agree. You don't find DNA in ordinary hair that falls out, only in hair that has been pulled out so the root is intact. Possibly there might have been some from tears or saliva, but that would deteriorate quickly especially if the coat was worn outdoors in rain or snow.

In fact, this is one of the things that makes me think MR is guilty of all the charges (even though in my heart I wish it wasn't true. I would so much rather believe that this child's last memories were NOT of being brutally raped.) If he was innocent, wouldn't it make more sense to tell police quickly when the DNA evidence could confirm his story? In the first days after Tori's murder, he could have easily proven that he didn't sexually assault her.

Tink

yes and MTR mom seemed to keep a meticulous house in spite of the tossing of tools and messing up he did; it would not be unlike a mother to toss a smokey, cat hair infested coat into the wash MOO

cat hair + black coat = nightmare JMO And certainly he could have washed it himself and regularly de-haired it with lint brushes IMO.....or as in my house....out comes the big roll of packing tape!!!

Good point snoofer. It was found hanging in the closet of a home with four cats and they didn't find any cat hair on it either?

MOO

MOO

Temperature and age; it is all subjective...depending on YOUR age! MOO

Isn't every day a warm day in a hot flash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx