The Weather Channel: "A very bad week ahead"

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It just keeps on coming! I have the fire and rescue scanner on and so many trees are down, electric lines, and my power keeps going off and on. There are 28,000 people in my area without power.

Me and my daughter are sitting here afraid to go to bed! I just now got the internet back.

It simply has to stop soon!

It just keeps on coming! I have the fire and rescue scanner on and so many trees are down, electric lines, and my power keeps going off and on. There are 28,000 people in my area without power.

Me and my daughter are sitting here afraid to go to bed! I just now got the internet back.

It simply has to stop soon!
I just took a look at the radar map, and it's a mess of color spreading northwest across Louisiana. We're under a wind advisory in NOLA, but the bad stuff will pass north of here. Sending prayers for y'all, La.

Today's Severe Weather High Risk Areas:

day1otlk_1300.gif

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/outlook/day1otlk.html

Public Severe Weather Outlook For Today:

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/outlook/pwo.html

Well, we are actually getting a break from the storms today.

I just got off the phone with my mom; they changed their minds and did not drive to Memphis after all. They are cruising around in Teh's neck of the woods. They are in Marshall right now and are going to drive around in Longview for a while.

Tidbits from the breakingnews.com newswire

www.breakingnews.com

'Debris ball' from tornado projected to hit northern part of downtown Birmingham - ABC 33/40

-2secs ago updateArea in Tuscaloosa 'unrecognizable,' says eyewitness, "it looks like we got hit by a 5,000-pound bomb' - ABC 33/40

14mins ago hot update 'Monster' tornado that hit Tuscaloosa now moving into downtown Birmingham - ABC 33/40

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2011/04/ema_reports_people_trapped_in.html

TUSCALOOSA, Alabama -- People are trapped in houses and businesses this evening after two tornadoes ripped through Tuscaloosa County, including one that hit just south of downtown, said Tuscaloosa County Sheriff's Sgt. Andy Norris.

"We've got extensive structural damage within the city, houses and business hit and people trapped inside," Norris said. "We are still trying to assess the extent of the damage."

Norris said he didn't know yet of any fatalities or injuries. The first tornado hit north of county destroying several houses, Norris said. The second one came about 45 minutes later and came within a mile of downtown area, he said.

We are in the North Georgia Mountains and they expect severe tornadic activity here tonight from 9-12:00am....oh my. We have showered and wondr if we should even go to bed?

Tidbits from breaking news (you might want to look at these yourself; they link to photos etc, and the newswire updates continuously)

www.breakingnews.com

photo shows a Tuscaloosa mall demolished by the tornado -

Birmingham airport evacuates all passengers from concourses; flights delayed, no major damage reported - ABC 33/40

Witness: 15th Street in Tuscaloosa scene of 'mass destruction'; with rubble, including some firearms, strewn on roadway - ABC 33/40

Looks like tornado watches now for southern Ind and northern Ky and souther Ohio. I'm under tornado watch again. Seems like it has been this way or worse most of this last week.

Looks like tornado watches now for southern Ind and northern Ky and souther Ohio. I'm under tornado watch again. Seems like it has been this way or worse most of this last week.

Yes, and it's as far northeast as Wash DC.

Really scary here in Alabama, I just came up from the basement. We had a huge tornado go through central Alabama about an hour ago and it looks like it did a massive amount of damage. Hopefully it's almost over but there are still tornadoes in parts of Bama right now.

Really scary here in Alabama, I just came up from the basement. We had a huge tornado go through central Alabama about an hour ago and it looks like it did a massive amount of damage. Hopefully it's almost over but there are still tornadoes in parts of Bama right now.

Is your house ok? Whereabouts in Alabama are you?

I'm in Gwinnett county in Georgia, about 20 minutes outside of Atlanta. Sending prayers to all who were or will be in the path of this storm. It's supposed to hit here between 11-2 I think.

Northern Indiana is mainly dealing with flash flood threats right now, but that could change.

The forecast about this being a very bad week ahead has proven true for a large section of America. I think ABC said 85 million affected so far. Earlier this year there were outbreaks affecting hundreds of millions. This is just nuts.

Praying for everybody, and don't forget the pets and other animals!

I'm in Gwinnett county in Georgia, about 20 minutes outside of Atlanta. Sending prayers to all who were or will be in the path of this storm. It's supposed to hit here between 11-2 I think.

I hope it weakens before it gets to you. Be ready to go to a safe place in your house if it looks like bad stuff is coming your way.

Hey DK have you heard anything about how many tornado's there have been this year so far? It seems to me to have been more than usual.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmyMay
Back