The Weather Channel: "A very bad week ahead"

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thank goodness it appears to have petered itself out before it hit my area. Just a lot of wind and rain, thunder and lightning. I hope my other Ga Peeps were as lucky. I'll be glued to this thread while I'm at work until peeps check in.

I am at a loss for words .. death toll at 178. Prayers for all the families effected by the latest round of storms.

Thank goodness it appears to have petered itself out before it hit my area. Just a lot of wind and rain, thunder and lightning. I hope my other Ga Peeps were as lucky. I'll be glued to this thread while I'm at work until peeps check in.

Same here. It doesn't even look like it rained here! I don't know how we got so lucky when some others are facing absolute devastation, but I'm so grateful. Just a little bit tired - I'll take it!

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP) -- The death toll from severe storms that punished five Southern U.S. states jumped to a staggering 178 after Alabama canvassed its hard-hit counties for a new tally of lives lost.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2011-04-28-06-55-35

OMG......Prayers for everyone that was affected by these storms.

I'm confused on the lives lost. Is it just from yesterdays storms? Since this weekend or since two weeks ago when this weather trend started? Any amount is horrible, was just wondering. Prayers to everyone affected.

I'm confused on the lives lost. Is it just from yesterdays storms? Since this weekend or since two weeks ago when this weather trend started? Any amount is horrible, was just wondering. Prayers to everyone affected.

That is just from yesterday's storms, not the past few days or weeks.

The death toll has gotten even higher:

PLEASANT GROVE, Ala. – Dozens of tornadoes spawned by a powerful storm system wiped out entire towns across a wide swath of the South, killing at least 194 people, and officials said Thursday they expect the death toll to rise.

Alabama's state emergency management agency said it had confirmed 128 deaths, while there were 32 in Mississippi, 15 in Tennessee, 11 in Georgia and eight in Virginia.

The National Weather Service's Storm Prediction Center in Norman, Okla., said it received 137 tornado reports around the regions into Wednesday night.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_severe_weather

In SW Georgia we are under a tornado watch.

Lots of red cells coming through my area.

Just got slammed by hail a few minutes ago. It sounded like someone was throwing rocks against the house.

Stay safe everyone and prayers for those families who have lost loved ones to these twisting monsters or for those who are injured or homeless.

IMO

Thank God this little girl is okay! I was in the basement with my own almost 11 yo DD and cannot imagine the fear!

http://www.ajc.com/news/georgia-storms-girl-sucked-928200.html

"...his house is gone, his patrol car is crushed," said Ranieri. "All we know is that when the tornado hit, it apparently sucked the 11-year-old girl out the bedroom window along with her bed and everything else. It was very fortunate [that she survived]."

Just saw on CNN the death toll is now at 202. Prayers for all involved. :(

I just got a local news alert and Lowndes Co. (Valdosta Georgia ) has been issued a tornado warning.

Weather channel is reporting at 219 and rising still....

Wow, amazing. I just watched the video posted by LivLaughLuv (I think) and it's so scary. I have nightmares about tornadoes all the time. I don't ever EVER want to see one in real life. I feel so bad for everyone affected. My heart goes out to them two-fold.

Waiting to hear from my ex. I spoke with him last night and he said he was ok. He always said he didn't have to worry too much because he was surrounded by mountains in Birmingham. Well, this a.m. on one of the 24 hour news channels I saw a picture of a tornado sitting on top of a mountain. They said it was rare but it does happen.

Looking at the pics of the devastation in AL are surreal. I can't imagine what the people that are right there are thinking/feeling.

Prayers for all those affected by this horrible line of tornadoes/storms.

Hope your ex is okay, lizzybeth. It's really scary, isn't it?? Our spring weather here in southern WI has been crazy and I'm hoping that doesn't carry over into summer. We can get tornadoes here too.

Apparently this year's unusually active severe weather is due to the remnants of La Nina, according to LiveScience.

Is someone (GOD) trying to say something to us? Like straighten up your life and be ready??? With earthquakes,tsunomis,tornados, nuclear plants???
XOXO ((hugs))

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmyMay
Back