The Weather Channel: "A very bad week ahead"

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Is that near you?? Stay safe!!

Hope, that is about 90 miles south of me.

But I would think we may have some posters that live in that area. I just want to make sure I put up any information that could be useful to someone here.

It has been scary here to this morning though.

A large red cell passing over now.

We got blasted this morning around 8:45 with a hail storm.

All of this is so unnerving. I have never seen tornadoes this active I don't think.

And they are getting pounded along the Florida coast too.

Prayers everyone! Please stay safe.

Here in SW Ga we rarely have basements so really there is no where to go except into the middle of the house in a room or closet.

IMO

FOX national is reporting that they are shutting down a nuclear power plant in AL. Not saying if it was damaged. Not really saying anything about it - just that they are now in the process of shutting it down. God, I hope it wasn't damaged.

FOX national is reporting that they are shutting down a nuclear power plant in AL. Not saying if it was damaged. Not really saying anything about it - just that they are now in the process of shutting it down. God, I hope it wasn't damaged.

I wonder what the design looks like. If the reactors are shaped like a cylinder and encased in cement, like most are, it should withstand a tornado or thunderstorm winds quite well. Hopefully it is just a precaution.

Is someone (GOD) trying to say something to us? Like straighten up your life and be ready??? With earthquakes,tsunomis,tornados, nuclear plants???
XOXO ((hugs))

God is ALWAYS telling us that, Jesus told us that exact thing over 2,000 years ago, lol. We just don't know when the end will come, so always be ready. :)

Morning everyone, storms passed overhead with minimal damage in the Asheville area last night. I heard something earlier about the nuclear power plant shutting down in AL because they lost electricity and were on backup generators. Not sure if their normal electric has been restored yet.

All my relatives in AL are safe and accounted for. I spoke with my mom this morning and she only had minor damage.

There is now a tornado warning in Horry Co SC. headed for NC. I am on the NC coast so we are battening down the hatches.

Stay safe everyone!

wm

Morning everyone, storms passed overhead with minimal damage in the Asheville area last night. I heard something earlier about the nuclear power plant shutting down in AL because they lost electricity and were on backup generators. Not sure if their normal electric has been restored yet.

This article mentions nuclear plant. Not sure if its the same one you all are talking about,but it mentions its similar to the one in Japan.

http://af.reuters.com/article/energyOilNews/idAFN2718319320110428?sp=true

This article mentions nuclear plant. Not sure if its the same one you all are talking about,but it mentions its similar to the one in Japan.

http://af.reuters.com/article/energyOilNews/idAFN2718319320110428?sp=true

Our public service Commissioner here in Ms told us that the plant lost power to those reactors. He say's there is nothing to worry about, but some area's may be without power for 4 or 5 day's. I cant post a link as he gave me this info in person. The town of Smithville will be without power indefinitely. That intire town was obliterated. We have numerus people missing and dead. Please keep them in your prayers.

Please keep the victims of these tornadoes in your prayers. The devastation around here is absolutely unbelievable. It wouldn't have mattered where some of the folks were in their homes, thier homes aren't there anymore. We are finding debris in Birmingham from Tuscaloosa, which is an hour away. It is crazy and so scary! Thank you.

Absolutely amazing. I've been reading stories/watching videos/looking at pictures all morning.

Maybe it's already been covered in this thread but what is the reason for a lot of the southern states not having basements? I thank GOD I have a basement! I would be so scared otherwise!

Tornadoes devastate South, killing at least 251

AP – Massive tornadoes tore a town-flattening streak across the South, killing at least 251 people in six states and forcing rescuers to carry some survivors out on makeshift stretchers of splintered debris. Two of Alabama's major cities were among the places devastated by the deadliest twister outbreak in nearly 40 years

My news just posted this FB site, it has pictures and documents that people have found, and want to find the rightful owners of. I think the idea is great, but still not sure about the execution of it.... But oh well, here it is

https://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#...r-the-April-27-2011-Tornadoes/162443980482277

Our community here just marked the 20th anniversary of an EF5 tornado that occurred on April 26th. We had a central collection site for such items where they were dried and kept on tables for weeks so that people could come to the center and go through items to collect those that belonged to them. As part of the 20 year memorial ceremonies, the remaining items which were never picked up were brought out of storage to see if anyone could identify people in the pictures or names on documents. There is no one good way to locate the owners, people are spread to relatives homes, rented apartments, etc. Even if someone recognized and identified the people in the pictures, often there was no known address to send them to after the storm relocations. The owners often had no cars left usable to come to look through the items, or no time or energy to deal with anything but getting their families into someplace to live for the next few months.

FWIW.....one of the best things that friends can do at a time like this is to organize a "photo shower" where friends and relatives and neighbors can go through their own photos of the family who lost their home. They can then make copies of the photos and send them to a central person to collect and organize. You would be surprised at the number of people who actually have photos of other family's children taken at school events, on sports teams, at their own kids birthday parties, etc. Relatives always have numerous copies of school pictures, baby pictures and holiday pictures that were sent to them by the family.
This gift is one of the most welcome things received after a fire, flood, or storm destroys a home.

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmyMay
Back