The Whites Party Photos and also When exactly did JBR die??

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Didn't Burke get a nintendo 64 that year? Wouldn't that be a 'wow' gift?

Think back to when you were 9-10 years of age. The bike is huge and not wrapped, he sees it when he is peeking downstairs before the parents wake up and is excited. Then he finds out it is not his. The N64 would be a small wrapped package in comparison. In a child's eyes the N64 would be just like the doll; a small gift, equal in size and therefore not nearly as good as a big bike.

While the N64 may have been a much sought after item, the visual was not the same and the disappointment felt when told that neither of the bikes were for him would have been crushing. He saw it, was excited about it and had some time to think of it in all it's glory before the bruising reality hit that the grown up bike was for his mom and the other was for his sister.

I don't think he killed her over a bike. He may not have been much of a biker anyway. Sounds like he was more the indoor type. Given a choice, I'm sure he'd have picked the Nintendo 10 times over. But JBR's bike was big and shiny and new and probably got a lot of oohs and aaahs from anyone who saw it, including the neighborhood kids JR claims were running around the house that day or who saw it if she actually did ever get it outside.

But its possible the attention she and the bike got may have added to his anger and frustration over never being the one anyone ever "ooohed and aaahed" over.

I recall John and Patsy being dodgy about the bikes. And John can't remember where they ended up, maybe they were sold. I've also seen photos of a bycycle decoration competition Patsy put together in Michigan. And of course I think Jonbenet won. I think Disappointment and jealousy permeated Burke Christmas Day and the bycycle was the fuel. Anyone with siblings can probably relate.

Think back to when you were 9-10 years of age. The bike is huge and not wrapped, he sees it when he is peeking downstairs before the parents wake up and is excited. Then he finds out it is not his. The N64 would be a small wrapped package in comparison. In a child's eyes the N64 would be just like the doll; a small gift, equal in size and therefore not nearly as good as a big bike.

While the N64 may have been a much sought after item, the visual was not the same and the disappointment felt when told that neither of the bikes were for him would have been crushing. He saw it, was excited about it and had some time to think of it in all it's glory before the bruising reality hit that the grown up bike was for his mom and the other was for his sister.
Yes. I'd mentioned a while back that frequently it's the appearance of an abundance of presents that is what's important. My parents tried to spend the same amounts for all the kids but if one kid got a big expensive gift that meant less total presents. It's all about the appearance and perspective more than reality. He very well may gave been jealous if she got a bike and he didn't. More likely than not it wasn't one single thing that was the issue but rather a culmination of things combined with how he perceived it all.

Do we know whether B took his Nintendo to the Whites party? If not that's pretty strange considering he took it the next morning in the middle of all that commotion...

I don't think we know, but didn't the Whites have a son around his age? If so, he probably had one as well so no need for Burke to bring us.

I don't think he killed her over a bike. He may not have been much of a biker anyway. Sounds like he was more the indoor type. Given a choice, I'm sure he'd have picked the Nintendo 10 times over. But JBR's bike was big and shiny and new and probably got a lot of oohs and aaahs from anyone who saw it, including the neighborhood kids JR claims were running around the house that day or who saw it if she actually did ever get it outside.

But its possible the attention she and the bike got may have added to his anger and frustration over never being the one anyone ever "ooohed and aaahed" over.

I don't think anybody is suggesting that the bike was the motive for the murder. It may have been the catalyst that caused the family to splinter in four directions that day though and it may have been just one of a number of things that Burke had against Jonbenet.

Yes, most gaming kids that year were on tenderhooks that year hoping their parents would score one for them and would have been thrilled to see one under the tree. They were hard to get and prices were ridiculous. But I suspect Burke assumed he would be getting one, materially spoiled rich boy that he was.

During one of the LE interviews - I think it was the '98 one - didn't Burke say the only thing that made him angry (upset? I can't recall and don't have time to look it up) was when his parents didn't get him expensive gifts? Maybe he thought it was not fair that his sister and mom got new bikes when he didn't. Especially since John says "We were giving Burke a bike" but for some unexplained reason, not that year.

You know I hadn't really given Burke's jealous feelings re: Christmas gifts much thought as a possible contributing motive, but now I am coming around to the idea.

I do recall thinking it oddly disproportionate towards JonBenet when reviewing the list of Christmas gifts from the ACR site. In terms of quantity and big wow presents, I do think Burke was the loser.

List of 1996 Christmas Gifts

Burke got Nintendo64 · DOI-2
Burke got a remote control car · DOI-3
John got a gumball machine · DOI-4
JonBenet got a bicycle · DOI-2
JonBenet got a My Twinn Doll · DOI-3, 4, 32, 242
JonBenet got a gold bracelet · DOI-344
JonBenet got a ring from Nedra · NE-51
JonBenet got a necklace from Pam · NE-51
Patsy got a bicycle · DOI-3
Patsy got green paper ornament · DOI-274

Also mentioned is a jewelry craft kit for JonBenet (in DOI)

http://www.acandyrose.com/crimescene-christmasday.htm

This may have caused an unpleasant morning and why there are not a lot of photos or video of the event (if you're not taking JR's word for it that it was simply flat video batteries). The photo of PR and JBR does look slightly tense in terms of the mother's smile and posture in holding JBR's arm.

Of course this is all just speculation, it's likely we will never know for sure how events transpired that day unless JR or BR do a frank confessional tell-all on their death beds or some such.

The idea of Burke being possessive or jealous about his toys/or other items belonging to him has come up before. It's a major component of Kolar's theory regarding how the pineapple eating/JBR stealing a piece could have led to the blow to the head.

I seem to recall that the professional interviewing Burke (not sure which interview, maybe the 1998 one?) commented on him getting visibly upset when she mistakenly took a sip from his can of drink. [I can't seem to find the source for this though]

I seem to recall that the professional interviewing Burke (not sure which interview, maybe the 1998 one?) commented on him getting visibly upset when she mistakenly took a sip from his can of drink. [I can't seem to find the source for this though]

That was Dr. Bernhard yes and Kolar mentioned it.

Good Lord. Can you imagine how upset he'd be if JB took a sip from his can by mistake? I believe this is why some asked about the two cans in his sink.

That was Dr. Bernhard yes and Kolar mentioned it.

Good Lord. Can you imagine how upset he'd be if JB took a sip from his can by mistake? I believe this is why some asked about the two cans in his sink.

If BR was willing to be that testy with an adult stranger like Dr. Bernhard and family friend Judith Phillips ("Get away from me! Don't touch me! Leave me alone!"), imagine how he would've been behind closed doors with a little sister who, expected at that age, was most likely annoying to him.

I recall John and Patsy being dodgy about the bikes. And John can't remember where they ended up, maybe they were sold. I've also seen photos of a bycycle decoration competition Patsy put together in Michigan. And of course I think Jonbenet won. I think Disappointment and jealousy permeated Burke Christmas Day and the bycycle was the fuel. Anyone with siblings can probably relate.
BBM
Gigitmdy - I can certainly relate. I had a sister who was 20 yrs older and married when I was born. When I was 8, I got a bike for Christmas.

After my parents died and we were settling their estate, this sister bitterly shouted at me that I was spoiled rotten and that she had never gotten a brand new bicycle when she was a kid. Now, mind you, she had a horse.. but she had to ride a used bike. Seriously? It was over 30 years later and she was still angry and jealous about that bike. smh

When Santa brought me a new bike for Christmas, my sister kicked & knocked it down. She had just received a new bike months earlier for her birthday!

*snip*But its possible the attention she and the bike got may have added to his anger and frustration over never being the one anyone ever "ooohed and aaahed" over.

Oh, right. From the moment Burke was born until JonBenet's death, no one ever "oohed and ahhed" over him.

FFS. Get real.

Do you acknowledge that sibling rivalry exists yes or no?

Oh, right. From the moment Burke was born until JonBenet's death, no one ever "oohed and ahhed" over him.

FFS. Get real.

I used that specific phrase because of a 1998 interview quote from Linda Wilcox: "[FONT=&quot]And they were talking about how Burke had mentioned, he had asked his mom that day, because she had worn it to Easter services and he had asked his mom, "Mom, am I fat?' And she's like, 'No, why?' and he goes, 'well, what's wrong with me, everybody's oohing and aahing over her?'"[/FONT]

I know its challenging, but do try to keep up. Thanks.

I used that specific phrase because of a 1998 interview quote from Linda Wilcox: "[FONT=&amp]And they were talking about how Burke had mentioned, he had asked his mom that day, because she had worn it to Easter services and he had asked his mom, "Mom, am I fat?' And she's like, 'No, why?' and he goes, 'well, what's wrong with me, everybody's oohing and aahing over her?'"[/FONT]

I know its challenging, but do try to keep up. Thanks.

Did you attribute the "oohing and ahhing over her" quote to Linda Wilcox when you referenced it in your statement in post #182, yes or no?

I'm in shock - a boy - asking his mom if he looks fat?
A skinny boy at that. I think "fat" in Ramseyspeak may have been equivalent to "unattractive" or even "unworthy". Recall JBR telling an adult that "McDonalds makes you fat". A concept she almost certainly got from Patsy and may not have fully understood, but she surely got the impression "fat" was a bad thing and maybe that fewer people would oooh and aaah over her if she ate Happy Meals. Burke probably picked it up from hearing these sorts of comments from his mother.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly
Back