Theories discussion: What could have happened to Haleigh? #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, Kiki........I'd been led to believe (by other posters, at least) that these calls were around the same time that they had the fight and Ronald called Tommy.

Makes it even MORE curiouser-er-er.......er....

IIRC, no -- we only have rumor about the timing and spread of the calls. Right?

Where did I read that the 20 calls were made in 90 minutes? Did I dream it?

BROOKS: OK. I want to go back out to Ellie Jostad, producer for NANCY GRACE. Ellie, now there's been talk of the night that Haleigh disappeared, that Ronald was trying to get -- was trying to call Misty a number of times in the cell phone. Do we know, for sure, from cell phone records, if this was, in fact, true?

ELLIE JOSTAD, NANCY GRACE PRODUCER, COVERING STORY: Yes, we do actually. Police say that they do have Ronald Cummings` cell phone records. That they have evidence that he tried to call her over 20 times that night between about 8:00, 8:30 and when he got home from work a little after 3:00.

So we do know that he was trying to call her and apparently wasn't able to get through, whether because her phone was off or she wasn`t answering.

BROOKS: Mr. Beardsley, what has Ronald told you about that time -- during that time frame where he tried to get in touch with Misty?

BEARDSLEY: He just couldn`t get ahold of her. That, you know, he called several times because he couldn`t get ahold of her. It was typical for him when he was at work like that to call her cell phone throughout the evening.

BROOKS: 23 times? 23 times?

BEARDSLEY: I don't know about that many times but I mean, I know every night that he was at work, he would call to check in to make sure she was OK, the kids were OK. And on that particular evening, he was not able to get her on the phone.

(snip, itals bbm) No... if something has never been reported or verified, I wouldn't be posting it upstairs--or anywhere, for that matter. I thought this was established, even Mr. Beardsley, RC's own attorney, acknowledged this in interview. I don't mind those who respectfully ask in this instance. I don't intend to comply w every demand for links on this thread in future.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0910/16/ng.01.html

:parrot:

That should be good news for Ron. The 20 times in an hour was used by some to be indicative of Ron's "volatile" temper. So if he called 20 times from 840 or so until later in his shift, that makes me believe it was to let her know he had accepted overtime work.

Huh? I doubt it. Wouldn't Ron just leave Misty a VM?

This diminishes and ignores a LOT of key facts and red flags in play about the heated argument, calling the Croslin's to see where Misty is and, Tommy going over to the MH to check.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0909/21/ng.01.html

"GRACE: So let`s take a look. What do we have in corroboration, Eleanor? We have that night, Ronald Cummings admittedly trying to reach Misty Croslin. She had been gone for three days, AWOL, partying three days. She comes home that night. They get in a huge, big fight. He has to go to work. And by his own admission, he calls, he calls, he calls, he calls, she won`t pick up. He`s calling all of her family. That corroborates what the brother`s saying, that Ronald called him and said, I can`t get her on the phone, please go to the house and check on her."

I don't care if it's 20+ calls in one hour or five. TWENTY CALLS in ONE SHIFT to one number is alot. Why do you bother if everything is fine? How do you manage this number while operating a crane? And these are just the ones to Misty's cell.

I don't care if it's 20+ calls in one hour or five. TWENTY CALLS in ONE SHIFT to one number is alot. Why do you bother if everything is fine? How do you manage this number while operating a crane? And these are just the ones to Misty's cell.

Simple! As a theory ....

1. Misty was not in any mood to babysit that night at all because of her long weekend of non-stop partying. As TN stated a few times on NG, Misty was completely exhausted.

2. Ron wanted out ASAP when HaLeigh came home so went to work early because he was stuck with the kids and parents all weekend with Misty gone. Time for some man time.

3. HaLeigh was boisterous and would not settle. Misty needed some sleep and could not deal with active kids that evening.

4. Ron had called TN to check on the MH and TN dispatched a close by family member.

5. Misty had lashed out or overdosed HaLeigh and she was having breathing issues and going or gone.

6. They could NOT call 911 due to the violence, overdose or, drugs/guns in the house. Work to do.

7. The family took HaLeigh to deal with her and instituted tidying up the house and staging.

8. All the time Ron was trying to discover what was going on but no-one was responding.

9. Maybe Ron was not involved and kept out of the loop but TN was on hand to stage and make Misty do the 911 call.

10. The plan was to point at a stranger abduction and Ron was brought on board, to focus on pointing away from the family.

11. Ron is genuinely grieving because he knows that HaLeigh is gone but he is faking the abduction and her being out there, going through the motions.

12. Misty cannot provide many details since she can get tripped up and she is even inconsistent on the little amount of info she has provided.

I just think if Mist was the cause of Haleighs death, I just dont think the Cummings family would be so happy and talk her up, I think they would have turned her in- they only knew her 2 months or so, they knew Haleigh for almost 6 years, I tend to think they would be more loyal to Haleigh than Misty-jmo

I just think if Mist was the cause of Haleighs death, I just dont think the Cummings family would be so happy and talk her up, I think they would have turned her in- they only knew her 2 months or so, they knew Haleigh for almost 6 years, I tend to think they would be more loyal to Haleigh than Misty-jmo

True, which implies Ron's culpability.

I tried to leave Ron neutral [he could have a role] but the dynamics of this suggest that Misty and Ron are in it together. If Misty goes down then Ron does too and vice-versa so Ron and TN need to protect Misty to protect Ron and Jr.

True, which implies Ron's culpability.

I tried to leave Ron neutral [he could have a role] but the dynamics of this suggest that Misty and Ron are in it together. If Misty goes down then Ron does too and vice-versa so Ron and TN need to protect Misty to protect Ron and Jr.

And right now, Ronald can say if Misty implicates him and others, that she is scorned, and he will point out how the cops have wanted her the whole time, and we will be reminded of all her polys- they can play the blame game now and hope for the best-jmo

In the case of Somer, I think it was a stranger who took an un-planned opportunity and then just disposed of the body. A thrill and lack of any thought.

In the case of Elizabeth, I think it was someone who knew her and tried to molest her and either did not have the savvy to dispose of her or fessed and took LE to her (think latter).

To me, a stranger is more likely to dispose of the body quickly and haphazardly since they had their thrills and are harder to locate, it could be someone transitionary who has moved on to another State.

In the case of HaLeigh I think that some planning and thought went into her disposal and that makes it harder to find her, that or someone followed up and moved her even further away.

When the case is close to home and involves family I think it is harder on LE because the family are not cooperating, the crime scene is tampered with or cleaned (like the A's) and, you have family members who are trying to send LE in the wrong direction.

That's why I think Ron, Misty and TN are involved.

BROOKS: OK. I want to go back out to Ellie Jostad, producer for NANCY GRACE. Ellie, now there's been talk of the night that Haleigh disappeared, that Ronald was trying to get -- was trying to call Misty a number of times in the cell phone. Do we know, for sure, from cell phone records, if this was, in fact, true?

ELLIE JOSTAD, NANCY GRACE PRODUCER, COVERING STORY: Yes, we do actually. Police say that they do have Ronald Cummings` cell phone records. That they have evidence that he tried to call her over 20 times that night between about 8:00, 8:30 and when he got home from work a little after 3:00.
So we do know that he was trying to call her and apparently wasn't able to get through, whether because her phone was off or she wasn`t answering.

BROOKS: Mr. Beardsley, what has Ronald told you about that time -- during that time frame where he tried to get in touch with Misty?

BEARDSLEY: He just couldn`t get ahold of her. That, you know, he called several times because he couldn`t get ahold of her. It was typical for him when he was at work like that to call her cell phone throughout the evening.

BROOKS: 23 times? 23 times?

BEARDSLEY: I don't know about that many times but I mean, I know every night that he was at work, he would call to check in to make sure she was OK, the kids were OK. And on that particular evening, he was not able to get her on the phone.

(snip, itals bbm) No... if something has never been reported or verified, I wouldn't be posting it upstairs--or anywhere, for that matter. I thought this was established, even Mr. Beardsley, RC's own attorney, acknowledged this in interview. I don't mind those who respectfully ask in this instance. I don't intend to comply w every demand for links on this thread in future.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0910/16/ng.01.html

red is mine~

OMG, Is this true??? Not doubting you kiki, but could it be a misstatement? Ron tried to call her a little after 3 when he got home??

red is mine~

OMG, Is this true??? Not doubting you kiki, but could it be a misstatement? Ron tried to call her a little after 3 when he got home??

.................and it slid past us all. Jeepers Creepers.

red is mine~

I guess I thought this was generally referring to calls being spread out from 8:30 until roughly the time he arrived home (we were told shift ended at 3?), ie placed intermittently during the period of time from between when Misty's phone was shut off up thru approximately the time Ron would have arrived home.

It's already been alleged that MC basically waited til RC was actually pulling into the driveway to call him IIRC at 3:27am. The statement re phone calls is problematic if it's in fact specifically placing Ron home earlier than was previously stated.

I guess I thought this was generally referring to calls being spread out from 8:30 until roughly the time he arrived home (we were told shift ended at 3?), ie placed intermittently during the period of time from between when Misty's phone was shut off up thru approximately the time Ron would have arrived home.

It's already been alleged that MC basically waited til RC was actually pulling into the driveway to call him IIRC at 3:27am. The statement re phone calls is problematic if it's in fact specifically placing Ron home earlier than was previously stated.

oh, what's more problematic is that added to this is the fact that Misty's phone is reportedly not turned on until 3:15 a.m. Ronald says he returned at 3:24, and the 911 call was placed at 3:27.....

ok, I think I read it wrong. That really took me by surprise! Either way definitely problematic imo. If that's the case, isn't it interesting that Misty woke up for water, bathroom, glaring light (whichever story one believes) noticed Haleigh gone, ran around frantically looking for HaLeigh and cut her phone back on to call Ron all in a matter of a very few minutes and all just at the time Ron happened to be pulling up. Wonder what the odds of that happening?

ok, I think I read it wrong. That really took me by surprise! Either way definitely problematic imo. If that's the case, isn't it interesting that Misty woke up for water, bathroom, glaring light (whichever story one believes) noticed Haleigh gone, ran around frantically looking for HaLeigh and cut her phone back on to call Ron all in a matter of a very few minutes and all just at the time Ron happened to be pulling up. Wonder what the odds of that happening?

I thnk Ron's attempts to call Misty back after the 8:30 argument & her phone being turned off were most likely a series of redials made in rapid succession. That's what I would have done if it were me in that situation...Actually, I have done that when trying to get ahold of someone in an urgent situation and their line was busy. Ron probably could not use his phone excpt while on break, which is another reason why I think he packed all the attempts into a short timeline. After that, he would have had to get back to work and while working, his irritation about the agrument would have dissipated somewhat.

Since Ron didn't get home shortly after midnight, IMO, Misty would have known he worked overtime and would not get home until about 3:20-3:30. I have always thought that she discovered Haleigh gone at around 2:30, which would have allowed her time to get upset, turn her phone back on, make some phone calls, establish a cover up, and be ready for Ron when he pulled into the yard at 3:24.

I thnk Ron's attempts to call Misty back after the 8:30 argument & her phone being turned off were most likely a series of redials made in rapid succession. That's what I would have done if it were me in that situation...Actually, I have done that when trying to get ahold of someone in an urgent situation and their line was busy. Ron probably could not use his phone excpt while on break, which is another reason why I think he packed all the attempts into a short timeline. After that, he would have had to get back to work and while working, his irritation about the agrument would have dissipated somewhat.

Since Ron didn't get home shortly after midnight, IMO, Misty would have known he worked overtime and would not get home until about 3:20-3:30. I have always thought that she discovered Haleigh gone at around 2:30, which would have allowed her time to get upset, turn her phone back on, make some phone calls, establish a cover up, and be ready for Ron when he pulled into the yard at 3:24.

How would Misty have known that Ronald would be working overtime when he didn't come home shortly after midnight? If Misty discovered Haleigh gone at 2:30, why didn't she call Ronald then, call 911 then? When she got onto the 911 call, why did she sound so disoriented, if given your theory, she'd been up for an hour or more planning?

But the biggest question of all is: Why would Ronald marry this person 31 days later??????

How would Misty have known that Ronald would be working overtime when he didn't come home shortly after midnight? If Misty discovered Haleigh gone at 2:30, why didn't she call Ronald then, call 911 then? When she got onto the 911 call, why did she sound so disoriented, if given your theory, she'd been up for an hour or more planning?

But the biggest question of all is: Why would Ronald marry this person 31 days later??????
I think it's safe to assume that Misty would have known Ron's schedule after living with him for 6 months. We were told that he normally worked until midnight unless there was a need for overtime, and on this night a barge came in and so he did work overtime.

There are several reasons why I think Misty discovered Haleigh missing at 2:30, such as a neighbor reporting a woman screaming at 2:30. (Granted, LE knows many more facts than we have been given.) Misty's behavior has been clearly suspicious and LE has steadfastly said her testimony is inconsistent. We don't know the exact reason, and there may be several, but if she had taken some drugs, then this would have given her an hour to clear her head a little before "going public" with Ron, with 911, and with LE, as well as to plan what to do.

I know a lot of people don't feel this way, but I do believe that Ron decided to marry Misty to keep her close. It's certainly not something I would have been able to do, but if he did care for her and he did think that she loved his children and wouldn't harm them, and he did think that by marrying her, he could eventually get the truth from her to know more about what happened that night, then I can see his motivation. And, I think he would have done anything to find Haleigh.

Remember, Tim Miller also thought he could have someone get close to her and maybe she'd reveal some more information. Not quite the same as marrying her, but the same line of thinking. Unfortunately, both of these tries failed and both men eventually cut their losses.

I think it's safe to assume that Misty would have known Ron's schedule after living with him for 6 months. We were told that he normally worked until midnight unless there was a need for overtime, and on this night a barge came in and so he did work overtime.

There are several reasons why I think Misty discovered Haleigh missing at 2:30, such as a neighbor reporting a woman screaming at 2:30. (Granted, LE knows many more facts than we have been given.) Misty's behavior has been clearly suspicious and LE has steadfastly said her testimony is inconsistent. We don't know the exact reason, and there may be several, but if she had taken some drugs, then this would have given her an hour to clear her head a little before "going public" with Ron, with 911, and with LE, as well as to plan what to do.

I know a lot of people don't feel this way, but I do believe that Ron decided to marry Misty to keep her close. It's certainly not something I would have been able to do, but if he did care for her and he did think that she loved his children and wouldn't harm them, and he did think that by marrying her, he could eventually get the truth from her to know more about what happened that night, then I can see his motivation. And, I think he would have done anything to find Haleigh.

Remember, Tim Miller also thought he could have someone get close to her and maybe she'd reveal some more information. Not quite the same as marrying her, but the same line of thinking. Unfortunately, both of these tries failed and both men eventually cut their losses.

If sleeping with a teen is Rons course of action for finding his daughter- its takes a sex offense to a whole other level-

First it was illegal for him to even be having sex with her- he makes it legal, and not for love, not because thats what Haleigh would have wanted- but to find out what happened to his daughter, having sex with her making her think you love her is going to break her? And it didn't, and now we have Ron on Maury not even mentioning Misty and that huge FACT, that LE think she holds the answers, Ron obviously doesn't, and thats a huge red flag- you dont see him pleading with the public for info on Mistys whereabouts after he realized after 7 months that his "plan" to get info from her wasn't working-

jmo

If sleeping with a teen is Rons course of action for finding his daughter- its takes a sex offense to a whole other level-

First it was illegal for him to even be having sex with her- he makes it legal, and not for love, not because thats what Haleigh would have wanted- but to find out what happened to his daughter, having sex with her making her think you love her is going to break her? And it didn't, and now we have Ron on Maury not even mentioning Misty and that huge FACT, that LE think she holds the answers, Ron obviously doesn't, and thats a huge red flag- you dont see him pleading with the public for info on Mistys whereabouts after he realized after 7 months that his "plan" to get info from her wasn't working-

jmo
Well, he had been living with her for 7 months before he married her, so I don't think sleeping with a teen relates in any way to his actions to find his child. This is an entirely different discussion, as is why there are so many, many teens all over the US with older boyfriends. As I said, I think he did marry her to stay close to her - because that's what she wanted and that's the only way he could guarantee that she would stick around. Pretty basic logic! Nothing to do specifically with sleeping with her.

I am sure that what Maury would ask and Ron & TN would say was discussed prior to the start of the show, just as it is with all these types of shows. They would not have had latitude to bring up anything they wanted. Maury has a specific agenda and I doubt that auxilliary details of the cases on the show, such as actions of love interests were included. Maury's focus was on the sadness of child abductions, not of what LE thinks on a particular case. I'm not a big fan of his show, frankly, but it did give Ron & his mom a chance to bring Haleigh's case to a wider audience, so I can't fault them for appearing.

Well, he had been living with her for 7 months before he married her, so I don't think sleeping with a teen relates in any way to his actions to find his child. This is an entirely different discussion, as is why there are so many, many teens all over the US with older boyfriends. As I said, I think he did marry her to stay close to her - because that's what she wanted and that's the only way he could guarantee that she would stick around. Pretty basic logic! Nothing to do specifically with sleeping with her.

I am sure that what Maury would ask and Ron & TN would say was discussed prior to the start of the show, just as it is with all these types of shows. They would not have had latitude to bring up anything they wanted. Maury has a specific agenda and I doubt that auxilliary details of the cases on the show, such as actions of love interests were included. Maury's focus was on the sadness of child abductions, not of what LE thinks on a particular case. I'm not a big fan of his show, frankly, but it did give Ron & his mom a chance to bring Haleigh's case to a wider audience, so I can't fault them for appearing.
Excellent points! I wonder why CS and MG didn't appear? This was a great opportunity for national focus on Haleigh and not the sideshow the media and others have created. I thought the show was nicely done.

First, I want to say, that Ron marrying Misty to find out about Haleigh just doesn't hold water for me. I can't see this type of thing in his personality. I think Ron was ordered to marry Misty by his mom who is intelligent enough to see the writing on the wall about what could possibly come down and hit Ron between the eyes. This goal was made. Now, since that has been accomplished and more intense work is being set up to garner money, Misty is no longer an asset and can be disposed of without fear of her gaining anything from this or of the Cummings having to share.

As for Crystal and MG, at best, Maury is always a sideshow and they didn't want to participate. I find that appealing and honorable of them. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member