Theories discussion: What could have happened to Haleigh? #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Landline addresses will appear on the 911 operator's console. This is the technology. It doesn't matter whether the phone number is "unlisted".

This was quite a while ago, but that's exactly what they told me, and I didn't believe it! I even argued with them LOL. But now that you mention it, someone accidently called 911 from my house once and the cops did show up so I'm wrong LOL

WOW! Me too! This little snippet at the bottom (from your link) speaks volumes IMVHO. :eek:

The floors in a house/MH do not get less squeeky, they would be more so now if anything. Just solidifies my opinion that NO ONE came creeping in AND back out during the night to abduct this baby girl without Misty hearing them...that terrifies me and makes me so sad at the same time. :( TY for that link texasmommy...

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/amberalerts/news-article.aspx?storyid=131562&catid=295
~Smallwood remembered the house and said its floors were noisy. He said if someone was walking inside, he could hear them even if they were on the other side of the house.

"Someone could not carry the child out of that house unless someone was in a drunken stupor, and not hear that child being taken from that house," Smallwood said.

He explained he had an extra slide lock placed on the back door.~

IIRC in the walk-through when the home was released..... the floors DID NOT squeak.
It was even mentioned in the clip.

Perhaps the tenant a decade earlier was heavier than those residing there when Haleigh was abducted thus making the floors 'noisy'? :waitasec:

I understand but if you read the press release from Ron's attorney they are agreeing with that part of art's story... If they were not in agreement they would have stated it..

I think I'm missing something or not understanding or just plain being dense. (Not suprisingly LOL). The AH article states he was at the convenience store after his shift and that he worked his shift and it was verified. Why would they even want to disagree with AH since that would mean their client was in the clear on that point, so it wouldn't matter one way or the other? I thought I remembered seeing somewhere that he did stop and buy some milk or something but it was after his shift ended at 3. God only knows where I saw it at this point tho.

http://www.artharris.com/2009/04/27/exclusive-haleigh-cummings-dads-solid-alibi/

IIRC in the walk-through when the home was released..... the floors DID NOT squeak.
It was even mentioned in the clip.

Perhaps the tenant a decade earlier was heavier than those residing there when Haleigh was abducted thus making the floors 'noisy'? :waitasec:
Is it just me or does Smallwood have this scenario all figured out? He sounds like he is giving a play by play of what really could have happened, imo. It is TMI and almost like the hypothetical that LE asks for a suspected perp to provide to them, imo. No one asked him for his theory or opinion that I can tell...he just volunteered it.

For a person not having lived in the area for ten years, he appears to know a lot about the surroundings of the home still and a lot of information about the case in general. He even attempts to blame Misty for not hearing the sounds because she was drunk or something and brings up the creaky floors which now do not exist. Since no one except AC man technically has been ruled out and he chose to insert himself in this case from Georgia...they should take a very long look at him.

He is telling where to park the car, walking up to the house easily, hiding/sitting in the trees (the chair?), and trying to throw Misty under the bus all in the same interview. It doesn't sit well with me and I didn't notice these things before. Sit back WHERE, Mr. Smallwood?!

Smallwood remembered the house and said its floors were noisy. He said if someone was walking inside, he could hear them even if they were on the other side of the house.

"Someone could not carry the child out of that house unless someone was in a drunken stupor, and not hear that child being taken from that house," Smallwood said.

~Snip~

Beyond the lock, Smallwood says the way the home is tucked into the woods makes it a perfect place for someone to snatch a child.

"You could park down into the trees and walk right up," Smallwood explained. "If you were going to abduct someone, all you would have to do is sit back there and no one would see you."

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/amberalerts/news-article.aspx?storyid=131562&catid=295

And I just found more on Dr. Smallwood, but I am looking for the original link where he said it.:

Dr. Jesse Smallwood, previous tennant, stated, in his opinion, the woods are too thick to get through behind the home. He said the driveway and road is the only way for someone to get out of that area. To me, that would mean the intruder would exit the front door, which is closer to the bedroom.

http://community2.myfoxorlando.com/...o-Cummings-Mobile-Home/blog/197794/72667.html

He also made the rounds to the NG show:

SMALLWOOD: OK. Well, what would you like to know?

GRACE: Well, how big is it? Because we know the babysitter did not hear someone when they took the little girl.

SMALLWOOD: Well, it was 10 by 10, if I`m not mistaken, with a room tarp, with a huge garden tub in the corner. Left-hand corner of the room as you enter into the door. Because we had a queen size bed, and I`m 6`5", pretty big guy.

GRACE: OK.

SMALLWOOD: And I had bypass surgery, and so I could not get around in the room.

GRACE: Were you surprised when you heard that the babysitter did not hear someone take the little girl?

SMALLWOOD: Well, if they came in the back door, because it`s a long ways, because you had to come through the washroom, the kitchen, the dining room.

GRACE: So were you surprised?

SMALLWOOD: The double living room. Yes, I was.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0902/17/ng.01.html

More interesting tid bits from Dr. Smallwood. What good did it do to change the locks for security purposes if "a man could open it"? Sounds like the latch was so the son could not get out at 9 years old. Why?:

"My son was a short 9," Smallwood tells us, "and we put the latch up too high for him to reach."

But when asked if the door could be opened even with the latched locked he said, "A man could [open it]."

~Snip~

"He was scared of the dark, and we had a security light put in there," Smallwood says, and goes on to describe the area around the mobile home.

"If there was no security light, it was pitch, absolutely black."

Smallwood also gave some insight to the surroundings if someone were targeting the home.

"You could park down in the trees," he explains, "if you were going to abduct someone, all you would have to do is sit back there and no one would see you watching the house."

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=131566&catid=3 BBM

This man sure moves around a lot. In 2002, he was in Punta Gorda, Fl.

REGULAR CITY COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 6, 2002 - 9:00 A.M.

Mayor Smith called the meeting to order at 9:00 a.m.
Invocation was given by Reverend Jesse Smallwood of the Eastside Baptist Church,
followed by the Pledge of Allegiance.

http://www.ci.punta-gorda.fl.us/userdata/cityclerk/minutes/20020206m.pdf

Jesse S.
(96)and wife
P. have relocated
to Punta
Gorda, FL. They
may be reached by
e-mail to

http://beta.baptistcollege.edu/news_events/echoes/2004_spring.pdf

PUNTA GORDA, FL
CLAXTON, GA
MACON, GA
ANDALUSIA, AL
WELAKA, FL
SATSUMA, FL
PT CHARLOTTE, FL
PORT CHARLOTTE, FL
KANSAS CITY, MO
GRACEVILLE, FL
SLOCOMB, AL

http://www.veromi.net/Summary.asp?f...ity=&state=&age=&vw=&Search=&Input=&x=81&y=15

I've seen a player in this case with a longer list of addresses than his.

It isn't the addresses which concern me. It is his statements to the press about how this crime could have been committed.

Thank you Mysticrose, and I highly suspect they don't know where it happened either. JMO

In reference to the quotes that they have not cleared RC and he has an alibi of being at work and they have said they are satisfied with 8 hours of the time frame, that tellls me they are leaving an opening of before or after work and not ruling him out as a suspect.

Your are correct Emeral, they do not know where or when a crime occurred. Now if they could get Misty to tell all she knows and RC to help her to cooperate, the crime may be solved. Once they have a time line they can start the exclusion process.

For instance the info SS just posted could be eliminated or considered based on the d@#n time line.

If Dr. Smallwood's son was 9 yo when he moved in the mh ten years ago, it would mean he is 19 yo now. I wonder where he is? He would also have knowledge of the mh and surroundings.

This is interesting from Stegbone's Fish Camp in Welaka, FL. Not sure it is the same Smallwoods, but do they come back for visits every summer?:

Stegbone's Newsletter:
Summer 1999

Some like it hot…

The "Dog Days of Summer" are certainly here in Welaka but that hasn't stopped the fish from biting. Tommy Duckworth and crew had a successful catch in June as well as the Smallwoods who came back for more in July. A great time was had by all at the Barrett family reunion.

http://www.stegbones.com/Sum99.html BBM

This article places them in River Falls, AL in 2003.

Funeral services were held at 10 a.m. Monday, March 10, 2003 at River Falls Baptist Church with Rev. Billy Lucas and Rev. Jesse Smallwood officiating. Special music was provided by Jesse Smallwood and Paulette Smallwood. Burial followed at Able Cemetery with Foreman Funeral Home directing.

http://www.andalusiastarnews.com/news/2003/mar/11/obituaries-for-3122003/

Here is a link stating both statements about they dont know and they dont know when....

Aired February 27, 2009 - 19:00:00 ET

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Just to follow up on that, Captain, quite often in other criminal cases, let`s say when a woman is murdered, usually immediately police look at the significant other, the husband or boyfriend.

And then as his alibi is verified and they find out yes, he was spotted at work at the time, and that person is formally excluded as a suspect, that`s what I`m talking about.

Obviously, for example, Ron`s alibi was that he was at work. And that`s firm, right?
SHAULAND: That`s correct. That is his alibi and he was at work. We were able to check that. However, again we don`t know what happened to Haleigh and we don`t when it happened.

So we`re in the process of interviewing and re-interviewing. And a lot of times this gets confused with questioning. Many times we just have new information that comes in as a part of the leads. And we then have to reaffirm it or affirm it or find out that it is a false lead

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0902/27/ijvm.01.html
--
Yes, Ron was at work. We just do not know at this time when he showed up for work. That seems to be the $1,000,000 question. Did he arrive late because he either had to hide Haleigh's body or meet someone who would hide it for him? At this time, we just do not know, and that is a fact.

In reference to the quotes that they have not cleared RC and he has an alibi of being at work and they have said they are satisfied with 8 hours of the time frame, that tellls me they are leaving an opening of before or after work and not ruling him out as a suspect.

Your are correct Emeral, they do not know where or when a crime occurred. Now if they could get Misty to tell all she knows and RC to help her to cooperate, the crime may be solved. Once they have a time line they can start the exclusion process.

For instance the info SS just posted could be eliminated or considered based on the d@#n time line.
---------
IMO, Ron has helped Misty way too much now, with her timeline. Too bad these two were not separated for interrogation at the very beginning and Teresa was not even allowed in the mobile home at all during the investigation. But, WTH, I believe that Teresa and GMS were in the mobile home way before 911 was called.

Is it just me or does Smallwood have this scenario all figured out? He sounds like he is giving a play by play of what really could have happened, imo. It is TMI and almost like the hypothetical that LE asks for a suspected perp to provide to them, imo. No one asked him for his theory or opinion that I can tell...he just volunteered it.

For a person not having lived in the area for ten years, he appears to know a lot about the surroundings of the home still and a lot of information about the case in general. He even attempts to blame Misty for not hearing the sounds because she was drunk or something and brings up the creaky floors which now do not exist. Since no one except AC man technically has been ruled out and he chose to insert himself in this case from Georgia...they should take a very long look at him.

He is telling where to park the car, walking up to the house easily, hiding/sitting in the trees (the chair?), and trying to throw Misty under the bus all in the same interview. It doesn't sit well with me and I didn't notice these things before. Sit back WHERE, Mr. Smallwood?!

Smallwood remembered the house and said its floors were noisy. He said if someone was walking inside, he could hear them even if they were on the other side of the house.

~Snip~

Beyond the lock, Smallwood says the way the home is tucked into the woods makes it a perfect place for someone to snatch a child.

"You could park down into the trees and walk right up," Smallwood explained. "If you were going to abduct someone, all you would have to do is sit back there and no one would see you."

And I just found more on Dr. Smallwood, but I am looking for the original link where he said it.:

Dr. Jesse Smallwood, previous tennant, stated, in his opinion, the woods are too thick to get through behind the home. He said the driveway and road is the only way for someone to get out of that area. To me, that would mean the intruder would exit the front door, which is closer to the bedroom.

http://community2.myfoxorlando.com/...o-Cummings-Mobile-Home/blog/197794/72667.html

He also made the rounds to the NG show:

SMALLWOOD: OK. Well, what would you like to know?

GRACE: Well, how big is it? Because we know the babysitter did not hear someone when they took the little girl.

SMALLWOOD: Well, it was 10 by 10, if I`m not mistaken, with a room tarp, with a huge garden tub in the corner. Left-hand corner of the room as you enter into the door. Because we had a queen size bed, and I`m 6`5", pretty big guy.

GRACE: OK.

SMALLWOOD: And I had bypass surgery, and so I could not get around in the room.

GRACE: Were you surprised when you heard that the babysitter did not hear someone take the little girl?

SMALLWOOD: Well, if they came in the back door, because it`s a long ways, because you had to come through the washroom, the kitchen, the dining room.

GRACE: So were you surprised?

SMALLWOOD: The double living room. Yes, I was.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0902/17/ng.01.html

He does sound pretty knowledgeable about how things look "now".
How would he know they hadn't clear-cut the place and turned it into a parking lot?
Unless he's been there in recent months?

Hinky meter rising on this one!
Hopefully LE is looking at every angle.

He does sound pretty knowledgeable about how things look "now".
How would he know they hadn't clear-cut the place and turned it into a parking lot?
Unless he's been there in recent months?

Hinky meter rising on this one!
Hopefully LE is looking at every angle.

You have to factor in opportunity and knowledge of the residents that currently lived in the trailer.

He would have kge of floorplan, which I think is the reason for the interview, but I don't see how he figures in as a suspect. When the media called him they told him the trailer existed, so he knew it didn't move from the spot. I don't know how much renovating is done on trailers...if any.

Rc has changed the locks and this man has moved out of state, is that correct?

You have to factor in opportunity and knowledge of the residents that currently lived in the trailer.

He would have kge of floorplan, which I think is the reason for the interview, but I don't see how he figures in as a suspect.

Rc has changed the locks and this man has moved out of state, is that correct?
He is openly giving statements which could be possible as a scenario for how she was abducted, where the vehicle could have been, how a person could have staked out the house and from what location, he even mentions how dark it is without the security light which we know was not working the night Haleigh disappeared. IMO, it is too much information on a place he hasn't seen in ten years. (He factors in opportunity himself!)

It is also possible they could return to Welaka to the trout camp in the summertime as there was a Smallwood mentioned as having returned again in July '99. They rent boats. He and his family know the area very well and know every inch of the mh.

Where are you getting that anyone has to have prior knowledge of the people living in the mh?! Not true at all!!! He could have been visiting the area and wanted to see how much things had changed...then spotted Haleigh playing outside, getting off the bus, or saw her somewhere around the mh. All he would have to do is exactly what he laid out...sit and wait until he thought everyone was asleep. He could have heard Haleigh in the master bedroom from outside the mh before she went to sleep so he knew where to look for her. He could probably see right in the window without the blanket covering it up and would know what was going on inside, too.

Once they interview him, they will find out if he was home or not on the 9th and 10th. Have you heard if he works?

That scenario you described would fit every SO in the country. The problem is they have to have means and opportunity.

SO's don't like to go into places where they will be seen. That is why we seldom hear of any getting caught. They like an easy access also. Few break down a door to get to a victim. This perp could have been shot by either resident, breaking in like that.

Has it been proven that RC never had the outside light hooked up? and why not? That would be a priority by many people. It would help us all to know if that huge light was on that night. Assuming RC never connected it, it would be very dark and that is what he is telling us. He has described the entire scene for people to get an idea of what it is like there which may have been the reason for the interview.

So you think he had too much kge....don't know...have to let others weigh in on that one..

Did you miss the number of RSOs in that community and every other community around America? These are people who got caught. These are the same people who were stupid and did things to get themselves caught for the most part, too. :rolleyes:

There was no door "broken down". Like I said earlier, a perp could have come armed and not been worried about someone inside having a weapon especially if they were asleep.

We do know the light was not working because it wasn't working the next night or any other night after that when people were taking photos of the scene.

I think LE makes it clear that they don't know what crime was committed or when, which is why they have not cleared RC. Imo, they don't even know where the crime occurred.
Imo, RC has given them some reason to believe he may be involved, or they would have cleared him since he appears to have a solid alibi.
They didn't have any problem clearing the a/c guy, after talking to him an hour or so after they were called by Misty.
If Misty and Ron would be forthcoming, telling exactly what they know, in a sincere and honest manner, LE could move beyond them. Unfortunately, they can't get passed RC and Misty. The case has been stuck and become stagnant because of the statements these two people have made to LE and the press. They have been inconsisent, and have been unable or unwilling to correct that.

The mh is in a isolated area, therefore, in my opinion, this was not a random snatch. Someone who knew the family or the family itself committed some crime that caused Haleigh to not be where she should be.
At this date, as long as it has been, I wonder how much evidence they would be able to gather should they find her today.
People should not escape justice simply because they know the area well enough to hide their crime.

If there was no evidence in the home of an intruder, and I've not heard any to date, then there was very likely no intruder.

I don't believe the crime was committed at her home, which is why they don't have any evidence. They should have searched the area where he claims he was working before he went to work that day, and where there are witnesses that he was there working that day. I hope they have searched that area.
jmo

ETA; Misty left the bluff after she picked up Haleigh, if she did pick up Haleigh. We don't even know that much, but assuming she did, where did she go with Haleigh and Jr?

If the a/c or neighbors were able to place Haleigh at home at 5pm or after, LE would at least know where she was until that point in time. I don't know where they place the timeline, but if it is from 7pm to 3am, why hasn't RC been cleared, since his alibi is solid. That doesn't make sense to me. He should demand they clear him publicly. I would demand they clear me publicly if my alibi was solid, and people were pointing the finger at me, but LE has refused to clear him.

LE is sending mixed signals. They give the timeline of 7pm to 3am. RC has a solid alibi. LE says they don't know when, or what crime was committed. Then why do they themselves give the timeline as they do. RC has every right imo, to demand a public statement from LE that he has been cleared as a suspect.
He doesn't and they don't. I don't understand it, it makes no sense to me. So what's up with that?

This is the theory thread. I have not stated anything derogatory, so please do not delete my post.

Thanks Yosande...you are right on.

Did they really give the timeline of 7:00 to 3:00? IF so, then M is not at all believed.
Did RC go to work at 7:00 that night?
There is no one to verify M's stay at the MH.
...so did she leave with Haleigh
...so did RC leave with Haliegh
...so did Tn, GGMA leave with Haleigh after her visit?

If the crime did not occur in the MH, then the list widens. What kind of crime would have had to happen for any of these 4 people to be involved?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mel M