Theories discussion: What could have happened to Haleigh ? #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly! Her father is the lock.

Do you think Hank Sr. is somehow responsible for Haleigh's disappearance? That he owed someone money, or instructed MC to sell Haleigh for drugs? Guess I'm just wondering in what way you see Hank Sr. as the lock...

Sad, but most plausible. And I don't think Haleigh got in the "middle" of something. I think she got in trouble for peeing in the bed and RC just happened to be in a really bad mood.

Don't know If this apllies to Ron C but the LVA test revealed the story Misty told about washing the pee blanket never happened...JMO

Do you think Hank Sr. is somehow responsible for Haleigh's disappearance? That he owed someone money, or instructed MC to sell Haleigh for drugs? Guess I'm just wondering in what way you see Hank Sr. as the lock...

Yes, IMO he is the "kingpin"

Don't know If this apllies to Ron C but the LVA test revealed the story Misty told about washing the pee blanket never happened...JMO

That's what I was thinking, that it applied to RC, but where is the information on the LVA test?

That's what I was thinking, that it applied to RC, but where is the information on the LVA test?

Nevermind about that question...I just realized what you were referencing. I don't give too much credence to the LVA test, in that Misty's affect is very flat, to begin with.

Do you really think Misty would have kept this a secret for this long?

No matter how sly and cunning she has portrayed herself to be, she is still just a young kid and with Ron threatening her harm and throwing in that she fancys herself to be "in-love" with him plus he most likely makes her think that they now share a bond together, Yes, I think she would have kept this a secret for this long. For most of the eleven months since Haleigh disappeared, the two of them have been together, rarely out of each others' sight. I truly believe that she reached out and asked for her family's help when the Croslins came over to get her at GGMS' house. I feel that Ron threatened to harm her family if she did not tell them not to come. I think they were concerned enough for her safety that they came anyway. We all know how Ron greeted them. IMO Ron also "convinced" Misty to file charges against Tommy. Ron has bragged about getting Misty to put the rat in the mailbox. Ron is a control freak and Misty thinks that is a part of being "loved". She loves enought to deal dope for him. I believe that their relationship is very kin to him being her pimp. She does what he wants because she fears the consequences if she doesn't and of course, she is afraid that she will not belong to him anymore if she talks. Getting the tattoo was just more proof to Ron that she is "his" and that she is willing to sacrifice the rest of her life for him. I'm hoping and praying that someone will convince her to talk.

I would imagine somewhere over at the bald site.. I remember seeing it after it was first released..
Hopefully, the guy who gave her the test will reveal more soon.. As I understand it he will be a guest on Levi's program tonight...JMO

Do you think that Ron, mother and Grandmother would support and protect Misty if Misty was the one who made Haleigh disappear? Ron even marrying her? Mother and Grandmother just loving the new bride?

Ron is the one the three of them are protecting. Ron is the one responsible for Haleigh's disappearance. Ron marrying her and supporting her and TN and GMS approving of her and supporting her is in exchange for Misty's protection of Ron and for keeping her mouth shut.

I think if Misty were responsible, she would also be missing.

If she was washing clothes why are all those clothes stacked on top of the washer and dryer? Thank You for the picture thread. It made me ask more questions. Everything looked so in place. tucked and neat. The washer and dryer with all the clothes????

I have a feeling both Ron and Misty are talking now. It is way to quiet.

If she was washing clothes why are all those clothes stacked on top of the washer and dryer? Thank You for the picture thread. It made me ask more questions. Everything looked so in place. tucked and neat. The washer and dryer with all the clothes????

I think before the house tour, that TN and AS went in and cleaned up.

Sad, but most plausible. And I don't think Haleigh got in the "middle" of something. I think she got in trouble for peeing in the bed and RC just happened to be in a really bad mood.

I can see where that could still be getting caught in the "middle" of something. Ron and Misty had been fighting for days prior to Haleigh's disappearance. He most probably looked for her all weekend and was most likely in a virtual rage. Then, add that he tried about twenty times to get her on the phone after 8:30pm that night and she would not answer or she just turned the phone off. I would imagine that he was literally simmering and left work to find the "b**ch". He had called trying to find her at the Croslins too. If he were to come home in an enraged mood due to the ongoing fight and found that Haleigh had peed all over his bed, he could very easily took it out on her. So both of these scenarios could be one and the same.

I think if Misty were responsible, she would also be missing.

Righttttttttttttttttt! Just the fact that she is still breathing and not feeding the gators is evidence to me that she is not responsible. Plus the fact that her last name is still Cummings helps too.

I was just thinking that Ron probably had his moments, especially when it came to punishing his children. I think MC not being around and him being ticked off at her made him take out his frustrations even more on Haleigh.

I really used to think she was still alive, that she was with some of Crystal's family. I finally let go of that belief, just because I thought something would have come up before now. I still sometimes have that little sliver of hope that she is with some underground child protection group who took her because of the drugs and physical abuse she was enduring. Wherever you are, Haleigh, I hope you are happy. I pray for your safe return and hope that you're still with us here on this earth.

I am reading from day 1 and it seems that right away many WS thought drugs was involved, Haleigh bedwetting, bruises, missed school, missing mattress from Haleigh's room, never viewed JR's room, new clothes hanging in closet.............TN and GGS
cleaning MH up before news came in.............and we thought Misty was covering up for Ron..........JMOO

I was going back today as well reading old transcripts and this interview on NG made me think about Haleigh missing school and where she was sleeping. CS was told many versions at first as well.

"Snip" http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0902/12/ng.01.html
NANCY GRACE for February 12, 2009
Satsuma, Florida. A 5- year-old little girl tucked into bed, five hours later, she vanishes into thin air, gone.
CUMMINGS: I don`t know what happened to my daughter, came up missing out of my house in the middle of the night. Besides that, no, I don`t know.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Detectives don`t know, either. Today they officially ruled Haleigh Cummings`s disappearance an abduction. Police believe someone snatched the 5-year-old from her Satsuma home. They say, at this point, everyone`s a suspect.

CUMMINGS: Yes, I have taken a polygraph. Yes, did I pass it.

GRACE: Ms. Sheffield, where were you at the time little Haleigh went missing?

SHEFFIELD: I was in Baker County, at my house.

GRACE: How did you learn she was gone?

SHEFFIELD: Ronald`s mother, Teresa Nieves (ph), called me at 3:49 AM in the morning and told me that Haleigh was gone.

GRACE: And what did you do?

SHEFFIELD: At first, I thought it was a prank, kind of. And then she was, like, The police are there, and I heard them in the background and then it hit me that it was not a prank.

GRACE: OK. Now, what time did you say they called you?

SHEFFIELD: It was 3:49 AM.

GRACE: And who called you?

SHEFFIELD: Teresa Nieves, Ronald`s mother.

GRACE: When was the last time you saw Haleigh?

SHEFFIELD: Two weeks ago.

GRACE: Was there any problem? Were there any tensions in the home that you knew of?

SHEFFIELD: No.

GRACE: When they called to tell you little Haleigh was missing, Ms. Sheffield, did they have a theory about what had happened to her?

SHEFFIELD: They just said that someone come in there and took her, is what they told me.

GRACE: Ms. Sheffield, were you -- She lives many miles away from the little girl but sees her on a regular basis. Ms. Sheffield, when you were first told about the circumstances of Haleigh`s disappearance, were you told she was asleep in the bed with the girlfriend/baby-sitter and the little brother?

SHEFFIELD: Yes, I was. I was told they was all three in the same bed.GRACE: You`re sure?

SHEFFIELD
: I`m sure.

GRACE: Is there any doubt in your mind that they represented they were all in the same bed together?

SHEFFIELD: That`s what they said, that -- I was told they was all three in the same bed.

GRACE: And now what have you learned?

SHEFFIELD: I`ve heard that Junior was in another room, and it was just her and Haleigh in the bed. And now I`m hearing that they were both in the other room and she was in the bed by herself. Haleigh and Junior was in their own room.

GRACE: OK. Hold on, Ms. Sheffield. Rosy (ph), can you play me back that sound we just heard from the girlfriend? OK, Ms. Sheffield, please go through that with me one more time. First you thought they were all three in the bed together sleeping, waiting on the father to get home. He was at work. Then you were told what?

SHEFFIELD: At first, I was told they was all three in the same bed.

GRACE: Right.

SHEFFIELD: Then it was Junior was in the kids` room in his bed, and it was Haleigh and Misty in their bed, in the big bed.

GRACE: Yes?

SHEFFIELD: And then I heard that Haleigh and Junior were both in their room, in their own room, not Misty`s room.

GRACE: Ms. Sheffield, I know this may sound crazy to you, but let me ask you about this change in story. When you heard the second version, that Junior was in the kids` room and Haleigh and Misty were together, who told you that?

SHEFFIELD: Where did I hear it? I don`t remember where I heard it. My mind`s just...

GR[B]AC[/B]E: All right. When you heard that Haleigh and Junior were both in the children`s room, who told you that?

SHEFFIELD: Who told me that?

MARIE GRIFFIS, MATERNAL GRANDMOTHER: I don`t remember that. That`s the first story that we heard.

GRACE: Back to the mother of 5-year-old little Haleigh. Crystal, Ms. Sheffield, what are the police theories right now? What are they telling you?

SHEFFIELD: They haven`t really told us nothing. Like, they`re just - - they just said they`re going to keep searching. They haven`t found anything or -- so...

GRACE: To Marie Griffis, Ms. Griffis, what do you make of the story about the back door being propped open? And I believe it`s been verified that Ronald Cummings was, in fact, at work.

GRIFFIS: Well, the back door being propped open -- who is going to take time to prop open a back door if you`re going to abduct a child? It don`t make sense.

GRIFFIS: It would take -- anybody that was going to take a child out of a house, it seems like they would want to get in and out as quick as possible. So who would want to take the time to prop open a door?

GRACE: And -- and...

GRIFFIS: They would want to open it and go through...

GRACE
: And turn on the kitchen light.

GRIFFIS:
And get the child and leave.

GRACE:How often, Crystal Sheffield, do you see her and why did she end up being with him?

CRYSTAL SHEFFIELD, MOM OF MISSING 5-YR-OLD HALEIGH CUMMINGS: I see them every two weeks. I pick them up on Friday at 6:00 and return them on Sunday at 6:00.

When me and Ronald split up I had the children with me, and I didn`t have the heart to keep them from him, and I let him come get them and he was supposed to return them to me and he never did, and then he went to the courthouse and filed for temporary custody, and the first court date was sent out to an address in Jacksonville, and it was a bogus address.

I never lived there, so I missed that court date, and then when we went for the custody hearing, they just -- I feel like they just blew me off, but they said they gave him custody because it was the best interest for the children.

GRACE: Are you saying the court blew you off?

SHEFFIELD: I just felt like they was all on his side.

GRACE: Do you know if she was in school on Monday?

SHEFFIELD: I have no idea. I know she`s missed a bunch of days because he told me that if she -- I don`t remember what day it was, but he called and was talking -- I was supposed to pick them up and he said I didn`t want to take her out of school because if she missed any more school that they was going to put him in jail.

GRACE: Why was she missing so much school?

SHEFFIELD
: I don`t know.

GRACE:
Was she sick?

SHEFFIELD
: She may have been, but honestly, I don`t know.

SHEFFIELD: She does get sick a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member