Theories On What Happened to Caylee Part #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Casey's behavior totaly negates any form of 'accident'.
Even if you buy that she tried to cover it up.
No one would go out and have a 'beautiful life' tat applied under those circumstances.
She was Exultant.
As hard as that is for the rest of us to wrap our minds around she was happy.
She visited vengence on her parents and she was free.
As far as what exactly happened to Caylee aside from whatever LE will be able to tell from forensics we will never know because the only one who does is Casey and she will never tell.
Its a point of honor to her not to admit the truth and her whole sense of being is wrapped up in it by this point.

I'm not sure Caylee ever had to be in the backyard post mortem...

If the dogs were tracking a decomp scent, there could be other simpler explanations...like maybe at some point Casey had the mats from her stinky car in the backyard, trying to hose off the decomp scent...

Wonder if KC was emptying the contents of the vac's/spot cleaner in the backyard ??.....she was backed in several times doing something in that trunk.

Also wondering if LE thinks Caylee was wearing either the bathing suit/dress @ her TOD......w/remains so 'scattered', it might be hard to tell if she was clothed or not.

omg .. i dont want to think about her dieing such a horrible death :( oh how sad :(

Your scenario is one that I've also considered, especially since in Rick's letter to CA he mentions the neighbors hearing someone in the pool on the 16th. Was this the same day CA noticed the pool ladder down also?

Based on the findings so far it appears Caylee was a victim of a "soft kill", which in my eyes means either drug overdose, smothering/suffocation, or drowning.

I can understand completely why folks buy into the premeditation theory, but I have a hard time reconciling KC's actions June 16 through June 20 with someone who presumably spent three months planning her daughter's death and cover-up.

• After Caylee dies, she puts her in the trunk. From there she drives to Tony's and spends the night with him. The body remains in the trunk through the 17th. This indicates to me she had no clue as to where to hide the body.
  • Two days later she considers burying her in the backyard of her parent's home. She needs to borrow a neighbor's shovel in order to do this (the Google search on "shovel" may not have indicated where shovels can be obtained). Burying a body proves much more difficult than assumed, so she gives up.
  • The next day she puts the body in a garbage bag - probably one taken from Tony's apartment. This stops the flow of decompisition fluid onto the trunk liner.
  • On the 20th she places the body in possibly a second bag and tapes it up. She then drives to a location 1/4 mile from her parent's home and disposes of the body about 30 feet from the road in the edge of the woods behind a residential neighborhood.
Although the body was not found for six months, KC could not have predicted it would take that long. What kind of "planning" went into this disposal location? It clearly was not her first choice.
  • By all accounts, KC did not attempt to clean the car. There was garbage in the trunk, her smelly clothes and other trash were in the passenger compartment.
There is nothing above that indicates any form of planning took place with regards to disposing of the body. How should that be reconciled with three months of premeditation?

<<Rick's letter to CA he mentions the neighbors hearing someone in the pool on the 16th.>>

He also mentions Casey's "flurry" of calls to GA and CA that went unanswered. I'm beginning to think that maybe Caylee did drown, Casey freaked at first and tried to call her parents but couldn't get a response. Then she just decides to hide the fact that Caylee is dead and go on with her little life until she could figure out how to explain Caylee's "disappearance". That way, it wouldn't seem so much her fault. Just my opinion, but Casey seems like the type of person who wouldn't want to have to take the blame for letting Caylee drown. So after awhile, the best story she could come up with is "the babysitter held me down and took her from me". That story makes her seem less responsible.

I don't believe it was an accident, though I thought it might be at first....her behaviour before and after (partying rather than grieving) lead me to believe it was deliberate and planned.

I believe she planned it, or at least was thinking of it, at least a couple of months before hand, which is why she did the searches etc and started referring to Zanny. I believe she wanted it to look like a kidnapping and was so used to people believing her lies (her parents) that she thought the police would just accept everything she said as the truth. If it was an accident, there is no way she could be as happy as she was in the days after Caylee's death.

I think she got lazy after she killed Caylee, was putting off reporting the "kidnapping" because she was too into Tony and knew the fall out would interfere with her time with him. I don't think she cared too much where she dumped Caylee, figured if she was found the police would believe her kidnap story anyhow and forever look for the kidnappers.

I believe Cindy and George knew that Caylee was gone from at least the first week of July when they were digging around the backyard and Cindy and Casey posted the creepy myspace posts which alluded to Caylee being gone. I believe Lee may have known sooner and I will be forever haunted by the way he laughed when telling the police of the smell in the car.

At the beginning when I thought it might be an accident, I based it on the family pics where they all, Casey included, "appear" to adore Caylee. But now I think Casey is probably a sociopath and I believe the rest of her family are at the very least, pathological liars who certainly trained her to lie, and perhaps even sociopaths themselves. I have not seen them grieve for anyone but themselves in all of this.

These of course, are my opinions only.

<<Rick's letter to CA he mentions the neighbors hearing someone in the pool on the 16th.>>

He also mentions Casey's "flurry" of calls to GA and CA that went unanswered. I'm beginning to think that maybe Caylee did drown, Casey freaked at first and tried to call her parents but couldn't get a response. Then she just decides to hide the fact that Caylee is dead and go on with her little life until she could figure out how to explain Caylee's "disappearance". That way, it wouldn't seem so much her fault. Just my opinion, but Casey seems like the type of person who wouldn't want to have to take the blame for letting Caylee drown. So after awhile, the best story she could come up with is "the babysitter held me down and took her from me". That story makes her seem less responsible.
:confused:

:confused:I have thought the same thing about the flurry of calls. She calls Cindy's cell 4 times, but then she calls her at work. Did Cindy take the call at her work?? Why didn't she? Maybe she was trying to get help at this point & the fact that all calls were unanswered, ( maybe because of the previous night's altercation) angered her & was now left to her own devices. Her mother has taught her how to be resourceful, but never taught her to be Responsible for any of her actions......why start now?

I agree that that is a possible scenario....but, where it fails for me is I believe if it was an accident, we would have seen some signs of grief or despondency, and I think she would have taken the prosecution up on their offer of a deal. Plus, her lying is not normal (the whole "I work at Universal" thing) and I don't think she functions like the rest of us. If it was an accident, how do you explain her behaviour that week when she was partying??

:confused:

:confused:I have thought the same thing about the flurry of calls. She calls Cindy's cell 4 times, but then she calls her at work. Did Cindy take the call at her work?? Why didn't she? Maybe she was trying to get help at this point & the fact that all calls were unanswered, ( maybe because of the previous night's altercation) angered her & was now left to her own devices. Her mother has taught her how to be resourceful, but never taught her to be Responsible for any of her actions......why start now?

Maybe she needed a babysitter so she could be with Tony, when she couldn't reach them, she'd had enough and killed Caylee??

I can understand completely why folks buy into the premeditation theory, but I have a hard time reconciling KC's actions June 16 through June 20 with someone who presumably spent three months planning her daughter's death and cover-up.

• After Caylee dies, she puts her in the trunk. From there she drives to Tony's and spends the night with him. The body remains in the trunk through the 17th. This indicates to me she had no clue as to where to hide the body.
  • Two days later she considers burying her in the backyard of her parent's home. She needs to borrow a neighbor's shovel in order to do this (the Google search on "shovel" may not have indicated where shovels can be obtained). Burying a body proves much more difficult than assumed, so she gives up.
  • The next day she puts the body in a garbage bag - probably one taken from Tony's apartment. This stops the flow of decompisition fluid onto the trunk liner.
  • On the 20th she places the body in possibly a second bag and tapes it up. She then drives to a location 1/4 mile from her parent's home and disposes of the body about 30 feet from the road in the edge of the woods behind a residential neighborhood.
Although the body was not found for six months, KC could not have predicted it would take that long. What kind of "planning" went into this disposal location? It clearly was not her first choice.
  • By all accounts, KC did not attempt to clean the car. There was garbage in the trunk, her smelly clothes and other trash were in the passenger compartment.
There is nothing above that indicates any form of planning took place with regards to disposing of the body. How should that be reconciled with three months of premeditation?

Agreed. I also don't see much evidence of planning regarding her story after the event either. She spends the first month telling her friends and acquaintances that Caylee is with the babysitter for much of the time - having fun and going to the beach, Busch Gardens etc., whilst at the same time telling her mother the 'conference attending/hotel sleeping/Zanny accident/hospital admission' story.

She only changes to the 'Zanny kidnapped Caylee' story when confronted by her mother, presumably because she knows that if she continues with any story that involves Caylee being fine and safe with someone else (with KC's knowledge and permission), her mother would force her to reveal the location or take her there.

I think she wanted to get rid of Caylee for many reasons probably (as opposed to making a technical plan to get rid of Caylee), but is a "disorganized" criminal who acts with little planning. She acted impulsively after the fight on something she had been thinking about and daydreaming about doing for months.

Here is what Cindy is thinking and planning to do, according her lawyer, BC, on 12/22:

On WKMG-Channel 6, Conway said that George and Cindy Anthony are supporting Casey. "They want the truth, whatever that is," Conway said. "Whatever the truth is, they will stand by their daughter."

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2008/12/caylee-anthonys.html#more

If and this is a big if (IMO) the anthony's truly want to know the truth and they somehow get to inmate casey and ask her to tell them the truth and nothing but the truth then I will believe that the truth is really what they want. But if they never do this and stick with the farcical stories their daughter made up then as far as I am concerned the truth is not what they want to hear.

Personally I have no problem with the anthony's continuing to love and care about inmate casey, afterall she is their cross to bear in this world and I would not fault them nor expect them to deny their their love for her. However continuing to care about inmate casey does not include supporting her lies and denial that she murdered Caylee, that is not how you love someone that is how you cover up for them and their crimes.

here are some of my thoughts:

--for the longest time i thought it was accidental, now (as much as i hate the thought) i think it was pre-meditated, especially with the internet searches (just too much information with the internet searches leading me down the pre-meditated path

--i dont think she used xanax, the reason being my dad was on it yrs ago when he had cancer (different circumstances, different dosage, of course) but he'd take it at night, the next morning he'd wake up, come downstairs and literally, fall on his knees...that stuff is potent, so im thinking cindy would have noticed, but like i said, different dosage, she MIGHT have used a miniscule amount on caylee...

--i would agree too with ecs5298--that age (my daughter turned 3 in sept) is a very trying stage lol, maybe casey just couldn't handle caylee anymore, she could before because she didn't talk as much and she was probably napping more...which meant more time to herself, the older they get the less they nap, mine still naps, but maybe caylee didn't nap anymore during the day...??

--cindy and george do not want to believe their daughter could do such a heinous thing...who would want to believe that about their own daughter? they can't believe it and they're in shock that is why they will "stand by their daughter" sure they say it, but why havent they visited her in jail?? ya i know conversations are recorded, but my god, little caylee's skeletal remains were found!!! wouldn't you visit your daughter in jail??? if you believe she is innocent???

i have so much more to add, but i gotta go toboganning!!!

BTW, love your posts JWG. Even occasionally when I don't agree, your posts always make me think:)

I posted yesterday that I think some of her earlier computer searches shovel, neck-breaking, chloroform, etc. may have been more directed at Cindy than Caylee. It doesn't really take any research to overpower a 2 year old. I think it's possible that she wasn't premeditating a crime, only fantasising about it...she may have never thought she actually could/would carry it out....she may have even suprised herself on June 16.

Another option is that there could have been some premeditation, but her plans got messed up. She wouldn't be the first criminal who found themselves in that boat.

Something else to throw around....I had been pretty sure of 6/16 as date of death....
but here's a possible thought....When LE finds Caylee, maybe they find her with the clothes she was wearing on the 15th (or pajamas), and the book she was reading on the 15th....The clothes that they had taken from the home before, based on what George had told them he saw them wearing on the 16th suddenly become irrelevant...maybe George is mistaken...maybe this is why they are granted the warrant to go back to the A home and take all the other clothes...

Agreed. As much as it has distressed me to come to this conclusion, I believe the evidence that has trickled out thus far does not rule out an accidental death and in many ways strongly supports an accident. I also believe the evidence does support a horrific and callous cover-up.

By accident I do not mean accidental overdose. I mean accident - such as drowning in the pool while Casey is distracted.

I can only hope that if the above is true that the crimes committed after Caylee's death are enough to put her in jail for a very long time. She certainly won't get sympathy or mercy based on her character.

ITA Clumsy, incohesive cover-up w neither planning nor remote possibility of getting away w it following some event which took place in A's own backyard, fits much better w what we know of her selfish, disorganized personality and plain and simply reeks of accident to me.

I still believe we glimpsed a tiny window of opportunity, quite early on, following her arrest during those first days of incarceration, which was sadly missed. Whatever his intentions, LP and any who assisted by easing her fear thru that pivotal time, ultimately did a vast disservice though since the opportunity came and went. When months lapsed then w/out staged crime scene being discovered as planned, and w/ further reassurances by JB, KC only became further emboldened--believing by the time six months had passed that her daughter's remains actually might never be found. Her only "plans" seem to have been reactionary, driven by fear or by default--and all appear to have backfired. JMO

My thoughts keep going back to the pool, like LE had mentioned awhile back.
If a swimsuit was found in the bag with Caylee, and she had been wearing it when she died, IMO, KC taped her mouth and/or eyes, and threw Caylee into the pool at their house. Caylee's pleas for help would'nt be heard by neighbors, and it would be quick, and all KC would have to do is just stand there and wait, and not even see Caylee die, she would sink to the bottom, and KC would just have to fish her out before C and G got home in a few hours. IIRC, GA mentioned to LE that the pool ladder was down that Monday, when it usually is put out of reach for safety reasons. KC does'nt cover her tracks well, but is able to fantasize in great detail. :furious:

ITA. For some reason I have always had this horrible image in my head that she just "let" her drown in order to kill her.

I can understand completely why folks buy into the premeditation theory, but I have a hard time reconciling KC's actions June 16 through June 20 with someone who presumably spent three months planning her daughter's death and cover-up...There is nothing above that indicates any form of planning took place with regards to disposing of the body. How should that be reconciled with three months of premeditation?

I still think it could have been premeditated despite her poor job at covering up. Maybe the murder itself was premeditated but not the aftermath. Casey may be so used to her lies being believed that she really thought LE wouldn't investigate her story. She may not have realized that disposing of the body would be difficult - I get the feeling she's not the sharpest tack in the box even though she may think she is.

IMO whatever happened in the argument with Cindy prompted Casey to go ahead with what she'd been considering without thinking about disposal and cover story.

Something else to throw around....I had been pretty sure of 6/16 as date of death....
but here's a possible thought....When LE finds Caylee, maybe they find her with the clothes she was wearing on the 15th (or pajamas), and the book she was reading on the 15th....The clothes that they had taken from the home before, based on what George had told them he saw them wearing on the 16th suddenly become irrelevant...maybe George is mistaken...maybe this is why they are granted the warrant to go back to the A home and take all the other clothes...

i would agree, but...there's the fact that george said he was "positive" it was the 16th, just before 1pm when he saw caylee leave with casey because his cooking show was on (either starting or ending, can't recall now...)

What child 2 years old stays in their room while grandpa is in the living room? I think George was thinking of another day. Maybe the 9th. He doesn't say, yes I sat with her, we had breakfast together, we watched a tv show together. or anything that makes me believe he actually saw her that day. He just say's he see's them leave. That is weird that she would have stayed in her room till time to leave. I think he said that to help ease Cindy's mind that the fight had not upset Casey enough for her to harm Caylee.
Cindy said she tucked them in after the fight...that doesn't make sense does it??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member