Theories on what happened to Haleigh

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haleigh is adorable. Has anyone checked out her school contacts? Possibly a teacher felt sorry for her - enough to take her in? Perhaps a very well meaning citizen trying to get a darling girl out of the hands of parents they felt were not equipped to handle a child with Turner's syndrome?

Hi Schihtzie {hope that's OK for short LOL}
Too funny! I answer to anything that starts with an SH.:laugh: My real name does too. If I had to choose a city, Portland would be right up there with Vancouver! Gorgeous.
Child welfare got involved because of public outcry here. I wasn't kidding about the lynch mob. lol.

They're lining up for a good old fashioned hanging. We have the tree of where the last documented hanging was right here in little Yreka.

Anyway, I can't wait til tomorrow so I can catch up on what Anna Fl., Stormy, Pirate and some of the other local yocals have found out today.
(local yocals is meant as a term of endearment) Many thanks to you for keeping it real for the rest of us. God be with you and keep you safe!...

Shih,
It would certainly get the attention of these SO's and wake-up some violent/slack parents..

Just think of the tax money saved. What does a rope and use of a tree cost tax payers???..

It makes me sick, seeing all the missing and murdered children every time I open a paper or computer. It's an epidemic!! and getting worse!
The laws are too slow and judges way too easy on these monsters....and these sick-0's know it!..:mad:

I have not ruled out the possibility, in my own mind, that Misty was free to be elsewhere the evening before Haleigh was reported missing because something explosive happened earlier in the day--before Ron left for work.

I know GGma visited early in the evening--but haven't seen confirmation that she saw both children--just that she dropped off clothes.

Something raised her antennae that day--what was it?

The wagons have circled in both camps---much to the detriment of justice for Haleigh.

The Ron-Misty situation concerns me, as well. While age differences matter less as one gets older, at Misty's age it's still very significant--and given that Ron is very obviously controlling, I really question the dynamics in that household.

I also completely discount the revenge for a drug deal gone bad theory--and all related ones.

While I believe it plausible that an SO might be responsible for the disappearance, I simply cannot swallow the drug-deal defense.

Do u have a link that shows JO to be an so....cause if you do that would be great. That has been confusing from the get go. No one seems sure.

The only source I can find of him being a SO is Misty's statement that he "messed with her". He is only 2 years older than her.

Her saying so doesn't mean it's true. Or does it?

And this is what I have been trying to say!!! Why stand closely by the person who supposedly lost your child....either because you are trying to find out what they did....OR...to make sure you know what they are telling others about what they know.

They both know something. I'm sorry if that angers their supporters, but something about their stories doesn't ring true. One or both of them know what happened Haleigh. JMO

The only source I can find of him being a SO is Misty's statement that he "messed with her". He is only 2 years older than her.

Her saying so doesn't mean it's true. Or does it?

Yeah...lol....who knows. JO and his friends interest me....but it would help if we knew when they were here! We can't get a straight story on the time they were here, nor him being an SO, iirc...no one can find him listed anywhere, so.....we just need more damn info! Oh and WELCOME to WS! :)

I have not ruled out the possibility, in my own mind, that Misty was free to be elsewhere the evening before Haleigh was reported missing because something explosive happened earlier in the day--before Ron left for work.

I know GGma visited early in the evening--but haven't seen confirmation that she saw both children--just that she dropped off clothes.

What about this:

"They put their plates down and came and gave me a hug and a kiss.
"

Something raised her antennae that day--what was it?

The wagons have circled in both camps---much to the detriment of justice for Haleigh.

The Ron-Misty situation concerns me, as well. While age differences matter less as one gets older, at Misty's age it's still very significant--and given that Ron is very obviously controlling, I really question the dynamics in that household.

I also completely discount the revenge for a drug deal gone bad theory--and all related ones.

While I believe it plausible that an SO might be responsible for the disappearance, I simply cannot swallow the drug-deal defense.

Yes, from following the SP case, a dead body will give off a live scent for a number of hours, not sure how many, but I think it is more than a couple hours, though.
And even though a body begins to decompose within 4 minutes of death, it does not give off an odor for 24 hours. The gases have to build up before it begins to smell. The gas is what the cadaver dogs detect.

thank you for this information! this would mean then that any decomp hit on by the dogs would have then had to have been from around 24 hrs after death. Also the scent trail followed the night of Haleigh's disappearance may not have been from a live Haleigh leaving through the back door. (I know I hate to think it, but it is possible)

as a follow up to my last post, I'd just like to say... knowing this info about live scent vs. decomp scent and how long live scent is emitted - and looking at the scent trail the dogs followed.... one could logically think that perhaps Haleigh was carried from the home, down to the pond area, her body left in the little shed for a short time.... then at some time (within an hour or two) carried through the wooded area up to Tyler -- down Tyler to the dumpster where the dogs hit.

My theory is that she wasn't carried openly but would have been concealed within something (bag,storage container). I don't know how much Haleigh weighed exactly and I'm not sure this is something Misty would have been physically up to, but if something happened to Haleigh under her watch and she wanted to make it look like an abduction, this is possible.(she said Haleigh weighed 40,50,60lbs and it may have felt like 60lbs if she carried her body all that way! just sayin).

Sorry , not sure where to post this, but.....Does anyone know if DS went to his hearing yesterday, or how to find out? It should be public knowledge, as his crime was all over the media at the time of his arrest. Very curious as to what his sentence is. Haven't seen it anywhere?!?!

Sorry , not sure where to post this, but.....Does anyone know if DS went to his hearing yesterday, or how to find out? It should be public knowledge, as his crime was all over the media at the time of his arrest. Very curious as to what his sentence is. Haven't seen it anywhere?!?!

Actually, I think LFlorida is checking on that. She mentioned it in one or her last post over on the Chad Reynolds thread (page 25, post #614).

I KNOW I'm naive! lol. I have not been able to picture any of their family doing something to Haleigh. Rons grief, Misty's grief/guilt, Crystal's flatline/shell shocked demeanor, it all looks real and genuine to me. I also know from personal experiences/losses in my own life, after a while, you cry, but there are no tears left. And then you go thru a stage where you can't even cry anymore. But then, it starts all over again...........I'm not saying that is what's going on here, but I have wondered about it.
I have wondered if LE approached Ron and/or Misty telling them they would not bring any drug charges against them, in case they want to tell them something. Maybe they're afraid to tell them anything because they're afraid they'd go to prison, lose custody of RJ? Either an accident happened, or they suspect a drug connection of theirs. Or a rival gang? Their myspace pages sure are creepy, low life/style. Yet I can't help but hurt for them during this devastating time of sorrow.

Hi scandi, We live IN Yreka where the three yr. old girl was abducted about 4 in the morning by a 22 yr. old guy who was an acquaintance of the family and had been at their apartment the night before, on Sunday night. Thank God! three gold miners found her walking down a very remote dirt service road........naked. She had been abandoned and left to fend for herself in our snowy winter weather. The charges against the guy include attempted murder, burglary, sexual assault on a child under 10-12:furious::steamed::furious::rage: And maybe more to come? There is currently a lynch mob forming:D:clap: We may all get together the bail for him:D GRRRRRRRRR, enough about that creep:devil:. I believe this happened largely in part due to her parents lifestyle and that is why I get soooooooo furious when I see some of these creeps on myspace, with their childrens pictures there, showing hand signals for gangs, guns on the page in the background, etc. No way to raise a child. I feel like turning them in to whatever child protective service there is there, if nothing else, to be fully investigated for being an unfit parent. They took that little boy away from his parents who named him Hitler, why not?
I pray we are getting closer to Haleigh every day and she will be found soon........SAFE! In Jesus precious name, AMEN. :praying:

(bold mine) Hey I'm right there w u, Shihtzu... :furious: That case in your area is heartbreaking, I really can't comprehend the horror some children have endured, it's unimaginable. Parents who believe because they themselves aren't personally, directly inflicting harm on their children need to understand that by exposing them to risks, whether those be weapons, drugs, associations, but more commonly inadequate or total lack of supervision--they're nevertheless endangering their children. The end result is just as tragic and costly to the child. Earlier in this thread I posted my own feelings about this--see Post #462 eg (link below). Children deserve our protection, and a safe, stable environment. People should not be offended when backgrounds are probed or families investigated. Haleigh and Jr both deserve everyone's complete truthfulness w LE on the part of every person at this point, they can not afford to have anyone withhold info--nothing should matter more to these adults than the wellbeing of Haleigh and w/e charges follow, so be it... finding Haleigh and keeping Junior safe should come first! Praying along w you for a miracle here.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3387092&highlight=reporting#post3387092

:parrot:

Haleigh is adorable. Has anyone checked out her school contacts? Possibly a teacher felt sorry for her - enough to take her in? Perhaps a very well meaning citizen trying to get a darling girl out of the hands of parents they felt were not equipped to handle a child with Turner's syndrome?

It's really strange... I was thinking about this too.

Someone with a good heart, albeit misguided, took the child for her (the child's) own good.

I suppose it's possible.

The blanket thing needs to be revisited. There are three blankets in question.

Haleigh's blanket:
1. peed on the night before and Misty was washing it
2. peed on that night and Misty was washing it
3. had crime scene evidence on it and Misty was washing it

Misty's blanket:
1. left in the van so she washes a window blanket instead of going outside to get it.
2. left in the van so she washes a window blanket instead of getting it because the van is not there (but it does return)
3. used to transport Haleigh to the van and left there (meaning the van was returned after disposing of her)

Window blanket:
1. washed to be used as a replacement for Misty's blanket (that she didn't want to walk outside to get OR is in the van that is no longer there
2. used to transport Haleigh and then returned along with the van and washed by Misty
3. washed because it had evidence on it

Wondering if anyone can see a window near Haleigh's bed that would have held the blanket??

balaney....
There is a window over the larger bed on the floor across the room from Haleigh's bed.
Your second "Misty's blanket" #2 and #3 seem logical to me.

balaney....
There is a window over the larger bed on the floor across the room from Haleigh's bed.
Your second "Misty's blanket" #2 and #3 seem logical to me.

I am with you, I think Misty's blanket # 3 seems possible to me.

The blanket thing needs to be revisited. There are three blankets in question.

Haleigh's blanket:
1. peed on the night before and Misty was washing it
2. peed on that night and Misty was washing it
3. had crime scene evidence on it and Misty was washing it

Misty's blanket:
1. left in the van so she washes a window blanket instead of going outside to get it.
2. left in the van so she washes a window blanket instead of getting it because the van is not there (but it does return)
3. used to transport Haleigh to the van and left there (meaning the van was returned after disposing of her)

Window blanket:
1. washed to be used as a replacement for Misty's blanket (that she didn't want to walk outside to get OR is in the van that is no longer there
2. used to transport Haleigh and then returned along with the van and washed by Misty
3. washed because it had evidence on it

Wondering if anyone can see a window near Haleigh's bed that would have held the blanket??

Agree the truth is in the details!

Finally, at least televised tours of Haleigh's home provide some clarification. While we know nothing further about KEYS, we have at least now seen rear doors so know now eg exterior wooden door is inswinging (vs outswinging); and that cinderblock eg was indeed needed to prop door open (vs shut); that exterior wooden door does appear to at least close w/out use of deadbolt from inside (making it unnecessary eg for Misty to prop cinderblock against either wooden or screen door to keep closed in the event she left). As was pointed out, I too find it interesting that inswinging wood door falls naturally closed, given that both gf and dad both reported rear door was found "wide open" (?) And despite speculation that laundry could have been in rear entry (due to proximity to washer/dryer) I don't recall any mention by either Misty or dad of having found laundry or anything else used in this manner. But it does seem clearer than ever now that someone would have to have either left Misty in an extremely incapacitated condition--or had some other justification for being in the home, had they been caught. On neither GVS or NG's tour did I catch any footage of Haleigh's own personal room, or wherever children's toys and things were kept (did I miss??) Where did children play, very stark through areas shown (perhaps all reminders of Haleigh were removed by family upon re-entering, but other rooms were not even shown). I'd like to know how many of the lights were on in the home, and what Misty was wearing when LE arrived. I'd also still like to be able to see proximity of home to outbuilding, inside outbuilding itself, and exactly what LE found that might reveal what if any activities--by children or adults--may have been taking place there. I'd like to know more re vehicle LE impounded. But especially still to know what KEYS Misty or dad were able to produce the am in question. Anybody else refine their theories at all after house tour/s? JMO

Difficult to turn dead bolt. Whoever locked it, may have thought it was locked. Possible only used deadbolt and didn't even lock door.
Also wonder if debrie on ground outside door of evidence of garbage, grease being dumped out there after cooking. I have a teenager who thinks you dump grease in the yard.
Open door with pan in hand and don't lock or semi lock door.
What did they have for dinner? Were the pans washed?

There is something else that occurs to me. For such a brief relationship, there appears to be much unity or solidarity between dad and gf--since initial appearance of anger during 911 calls, we have seen no further questioning at any time by dad of gf's story. What do others here think of possibility of co-complicity on perhaps some indirect level by dad and gf? Wish we knew dad's exact hours he reported to work because I can't help wondering whether earlier in the day, that afternoon after picking up Haleigh from busstop but before dad actually left for work, could possibly neither have been there for children thus feel they share culpability for some sort of accident or abduction? We need to know since beginning his new late shift starting at 3 pm was dad usually the one expected to pick up Haleigh from her 3:20 bus? We need to know exactly when dad left that day... and exactly when gf arrived. Could there have been perhaps a "grey area" of responsibility--such as eg the changing of the guards between mom and dad when dad was allegedly supposed to have assumed responsibility--but shortly after which mom discovers poor Haleigh face down in canal? I'm not implicating either directly, only asking whether it's possible he may have been still trying to round up his babysitter while running late for work (and why was he there to get Haleigh off bus at 3:20 anyway if his shift reportedly began at 3:00?), maybe puts in movies for the kids and tells them, "Misty will be here in a minute" but that "minute" turns into 45... or even a few hours? Maybe this is why dad asked someone to "stop by and check on the kids" later at some point? Was there a landline he could have even tried calling in such an instance to verify whether she was there? Of course a parent who took such a chance would indeed bear full responsibility but if she failed to show up on time as agreed (or left at any point as I've suspected) then whether or not she ever admitted exactly when to dad, neither would want dad's custody jeopardized--but this scenario could explain why it would be more a case of unspoken but implicit shared blame. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member