Theories on what happened to Haleigh

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My theory is when Misty took blanket from the window to wash that prompted perp to Act....looking in is something he has done before. This time hes going further. This person sees Haliegh get up turn on kitchen light... she is going to put on more clothes because she is cold just wearing her Tshirt. He goes around to back door props screen door trys back door its unlocked and there is Haleigh in the laundry room changing clothes. He takes Haleigh. For whatever reason Misty is sleeping deeply never wakes up.

Please forgive me if this is not the right thread to post this, please relocate if necessary.
If you will take note of police report, Misty stated she ran around the house and noticed the back door propped. It sounds to me she didn't notice the door until after she found Haleigh missing. Correct me if I read it wrong. I realize this again would indicate a"change in story" to some, but feel the chronological order of the events that night that have been stated over the last 5 weeks have been jumbled. IMOO I feel the inconsistencies that are being picked apart is because we have not pieced all said chain of events in their true order. I don't believe Misty nor Ron did anything to Haleigh or have anything to hide.
Facts we do know that help us determine to our best ability POI and Motive
Haleigh is 5 years old.
Turner syndrome
Scared of dark. (per mother and father)
Won't go with strangers. (per father)
Will struggle if scared. (per picture of getting on bus first day of school.)

Moved into trailer around Jan 2009 ( per friends, family and Neighbors.)
Secluded area.
One road in/ out.

Back door propped.
Kitchen light on.
Shirt removed and found in dirty clothes on floor at back door.
Foot print found on path directly on scent trail dogs followed from back door.

POI Motive
Stranger : Want child for their own.
SO/RSO : Want child to rape/ kill.
Associate : Want child for revenge.
Friend : Want child to Rape/ kill.
Caregiver (Misty) : Hurt or Killed child
Family (Cummings) : ?????????? I don't know.
Family (Sheffield) : Child custody

I have done this to work out who might of had opportunity, motive and ability. I have my opinion as to who maybe did it and will share my reasoning if asked. But would rather have other's perspective on these points above. TIA

I still think that no one saw Haliegh that evening. I feel that something happened to her before Ron, (daddy) went to work and he and Misty are covering it up.
I think some harm came to the child from abuse by the father and he disposed of her somewhere, maybe away from the trailer, in another county or somewhere nearby, and then came home and went to work as usual.
The kidnap story was all made up I believe.

I still think that no one saw Haliegh that evening. I feel that something happened to her before Ron, (daddy) went to work and he and Misty are covering it up.
I think some harm came to the child from abuse by the father and he disposed of her somewhere, maybe away from the trailer, in another county or somewhere nearby, and then came home and went to work as usual.
The kidnap story was all made up I believe.

It has been documented and proven Misty had family over and an AC repair man was in the home till aprox. 5:30 pm. Both children where seen at that time. Ron's grandmother came by between 7:30 and 8 pm. and stated she saw both children eating out side on porch. (screened)

Tia[/quote]
please forgive me if this is not the right thread to post this, please relocate if necessary.
If you will take note of police report, misty stated she ran around the house and noticed the back door propped. It sounds to me she didn't notice the door until after she found Haleigh missing. Correct me if i read it wrong. I realize this again would indicate a"change in story" to some, but feel the chronological order of the events that night that have been stated over the last 5 weeks have been jumbled. IMOO I feel the inconsistencies that are being picked apart is because we have not pieced all said chain of events in their true order. I don't believe misty nor Ron did anything to Haleigh or have anything to hide.
Facts we do know that help us determine to our best ability poi and motive
Haleigh is 5 years old.
Turner syndrome
scared of dark. (per mother and father)
won't go with strangers. (per father)
will struggle if scared. (per picture of getting on bus first day of school.)

moved into trailer around Jan 2009 ( per friends, family and neighbors.)
secluded area.
One road in/ out.

Back door propped.
Kitchen light on.
Shirt removed and found in dirty clothes on floor at back door.
Foot print found on path directly on scent trail dogs followed from back door.

Poi /motive
Stranger : Want child for their own.
Would a stranger have the opportunity? Would Haleigh go with this stranger and if she was scared? The changes in home and Ron's work schedule needs to be factored in to this scenario. Would they turn on the kitchen light? If kitchen light was left on by misty , would they turn it off or not care if they were seen? Would they remove or change Haleigh's clothes?
IMOO a stranger would not have the opportunity nor would Haleigh go with a stranger.The recent move and change to nights would be hard to overlook with this POI. IMOO opinion a stranger would not take the risk with a light on. Why would a stranger remove her clothes?IT WAS NOT A STRANGER!!
SO/RSO : Want child to rape/ kill.
Would a SO/RSO have the opportunity? Would Haleigh go with this SO?RSO and if she was scared? The changes in home and Ron's work schedule needs to be factored in to this scenario. Would they turn on the kitchen light? If kitchen light was left on by misty , would they turn it off or not care if they were seen? Would they remove or change Haleigh's clothes?
[/color]
[/color] IMOO SO/RSO factor is the same as stranger. Light on would be a problem. IMOO they would not of removed her shirt and put it into Laundry. Haleigh would not go with a stranger SO/ RSO.
associate : Want child for revenge.
Would a associate have the opportunity? Would Haleigh go with this associate and if she was scared? Who would take a child as revenge? Would they turn on the kitchen light? If kitchen light was left on by misty , would they turn it off or not care if they were seen? Would they remove or change Haleigh's clothes?
[/color[/color]]This is the improbable to me. IMOO ransom would be a factor. Would they remove Haleigh's shirt
friend : Want child to rape/ kill.
Would a friend have the opportunity? Would Haleigh go with this friend and if she was scared? Would they turn on the kitchen light? If kitchen light was left on by misty , would they turn it off or not care if they were seen? Would they remove or change Haleigh's clothes?
My question would be would they remove Haleigh's shirt? Would they need the light or risk it?
[/color[/color]caregiver (misty) : Hurt or killed child
Jr. would of been a witness to the dead or the noise. Would she have the opportunity to get rid of body? IMOO there would of been more evidence of a cover up and the act in the trailer and surrounding area. What would be her motive? She would have the opportunity. She could have a motive. She would have the ability.
Family (Cummings) : ?????????? I don't know.
I do not see a motive here.
What would be their motive?
Family (Sheffield) : Child custody
Would a family member have the opportunity? Would Haleigh go with this family member. She would not be scared. Why would they take Haleigh and not her brother? Would they turn on the kitchen light? If kitchen light was left on by misty , would they turn it off or not care if they were seen? Would they remove or change Haleigh's clothes?[/color]
[/color[/color]
Would a family member do this? would they be scared of light being on and being discovered or seen by Haleigh? Would Haleigh go
with this family member? Would they remove Haleigh's shirt to put on something warmer. Would they place the shirt in the dirty clothes to not be discovered?

I have done this to work out who might of had opportunity, motive and ability. I have my opinion as to who maybe did it and will share my reasoning if asked. But would rather have other's perspective on these points above. Tia
IMOO it was No stranger, No SO/RSO, No associate, No friend, No Cummings Family member.
That leaves Misty and Sheffield Family.
Misty has been under LE pressure with no break or confession she maintains she did nothing to Haleigh. I believe her. I may be wrong. Sheffield Family has yet to be looked at.

I'm not sure really if Haleigh shirt should come in to play or not. Its possible Misty just picked that from the top of her head because she really didn't remember what she was wearing. I know there are days I couldn't tell you what my kids wore to school and I dressed them :)

It has been documented and proven Misty had family over and an AC repair man was in the home till aprox. 5:30 pm. Both children where seen at that time. Ron's grandmother came by between 7:30 and 8 pm. and stated she saw both children eating out side on porch. (screened)

Has the AC man said anything publicly? Do we know for sure he said he saw both kids? Or do we just know he has been cleared by LE? I would like a witness that was not related. KWIM?

I'm not sure really if Haleigh shirt should come in to play or not. Its possible Misty just picked that from the top of her head because she really didn't remember what she was wearing. I know there are days I couldn't tell you what my kids wore to school and I dressed them :)

Good point.

Another possibility that I've seen with the grandsons is they change clothes or more likely take off one outfit 'cause it's "wet" usually 'caused he "washed dishes" which never seem to be any cleaner.

Just thought -- we keep hearing about Haleigh wetting the bed. I honestly don't remember finding a bed wet from the night before. Could that have caused the change in clothes?

Another thought, and I know from the grandsons, they have more than one outfit that are similar especially when it's the favorite character.

tehcloser said:
Has the AC man said anything publicly? Do we know for sure he said he saw both kids? Or do we just know he has been cleared by LE? I would like a witness that was not related. KWIM?

Yes we do kwum ;) We do not have as of yet to my knowledge any statement by the AC man, nor any report indicating that either or both children were in fact seen by this man. Nor does everyone consider "sightings"--by alternately either PGM or PGGM, one of whom is alleged to have dropped off laundry and checked on children at which time it's claimed Haleigh was seen eating outside on porch at 7pm in 40ish degree weather--to be reliable in establishing timeline. Nor can we positively verify the exact hours Ron actually was at work--nor at precisely what time any possible harm may have actually come to Haleigh.

In the absence of any of these, what we do have is what many agree can not be altogether ruled out as possible involvement by Ron (of the Cummings family) as a POI, who thus belongs on any list of prospective POI's w a "motive" of fit of rage or trauma, either before leaving for work, while gone on any breaks, or had he arrived home earlier than was reported. While I have thus far avoided directly implicating any immediate family in my own current theories, LE indicates no one has been eliminated therefore dad can't be entirely excluded and does belong--along w mother, Misty, SOs and drug associates--on any comprehensive list of POI's. JMO

:parrot:

If the (variously) PGM or PGGM, whomever most recently claims to have made the drive-by laundry delivery on the evening in question only at a later point in time then specifies Haleigh was eating outdoors on the porch (ie visible from outside), it personally leads me to speculate as to whether this particular detail may have only been added later so as to explain how, when they never entered the home, they could be so certain that she was indeed still present and accounted for--alive and well--at this point in time. JMO

In a quick search, all I found was that the AC man had been "cleared" of wrongdoing, and that was almost immediately.

I can't translate that into the children being there.

Am I correct that JR does not go to any type of preschool or day care? Little grandson born same month goes 1/2 day.

What about the school bus driver? Has he/she verified that Haleigh was on the bus that afternoon?

In a quick search, all I found was that the AC man had been "cleared" of wrongdoing, and that was almost immediately.

I can't translate that into the children being there.

Am I correct that JR does not go to any type of preschool or day care? Little grandson born same month goes 1/2 day.

Yes to my knowledge, Jr. did not attend any pre-school or day care but being watched in theory by dad--whose recent shift change to 4:30pm-3:00am, reportedly enabled him to have a more "conducive" schedule for children per DCS recommendations as it had for roughly five weeks technically permitted him to be home during days evidently at least until Haleigh arrived home--and in practice much of the time probably by Misty who apparently helped care for children, when available and not elsewhere. :confused: JMO

Teacher reports Haleigh attended school, school bus driver evidently reports Haleigh was on bus, and further stated it was dad himself who picked up Haleigh at her bus stop that day for which reasons I believe LE has at least pushed the timeline to 3:20pm (bus arrival). Beyond that, we've heard it alleged that neighbors saw "children" playing outdoors, that nephews "stopped by" and Misty took children "for a walk," the 7ish "drive-by" laundry delivery, oh yes and the cousin "came by..." all of which paints a dreadfully sparse timeline--up until a neighbor reports hearing a "woman yelling," in or around Cummings home, at 2:25 am. :( JMO

Teacher reports Haleigh attended school, school bus driver evidently reports Haleigh was on bus, and further stated it was dad himself who picked up Haleigh at her bus stop that day for which reasons I believe LE has at least pushed the timeline to 3:20pm (bus arrival). Beyond that, we've heard it alleged that neighbors saw "children" playing outdoors, that nephews "stopped by" and Misty took children "for a walk," the 7ish "drive-by" laundry delivery, oh yes and the cousin "came by..." all of which paints a dreadfully sparse timeline--up until a neighbor reports hearing a "woman yelling," in or around Cummings home, at 2:25 am. :( JMO
Thanks, Kiki; That starts the timeline at 3:20. What time did Ron have to be at work?

And does anyone know if AC man ever said that he SAW Haleigh when he was at the home on the 9th?

Thanks, Kiki; That starts the timeline at 3:20. What time did Ron have to be at work?

And does anyone know if AC man ever said that he SAW Haleigh when he was at the home on the 9th?

Also do we have a more specific time when he was there?

I think I read that Ron had to be a work at 4:30 or left for work at 4:30. Either way, it looked like a long night.

I've no idea, the only thing I've read is that he was not a suspect, nothing on whether he confirmed any other story. (It seems to me that he and a bunch of SO's are just about the only ones who have been said not to be a suspect so it alone makes him hinky lol)

If he was concentrating on his work and the children were playing elsewhere in the house he might have noticed "some kids" but not paid them much attention. Does anyone know if he was there at the same time MC's nieces and nephews were there, and if the nieces are of Haleigh's age or close?

Also do we have a more specific time when he was there?

I think I read that Ron had to be a work at 4:30 or left for work at 4:30. Either way, it looked like a long night.

If he had to be to work at 4:30, or even if he left for work at 4:30, there is a conflict. If he had to be there at 4:30, there are statements that say his work day was 7p-3a. If his work day was in fact 7p-3a and he left for work at 4:30, where was he in the 2 1/2 hours before his shift started?

These questions and more will be answered on the next episode of Soapsuma!

If he had to be to work at 4:30, or even if he left for work at 4:30, there is a conflict. If he had to be there at 4:30, there are statements that say his work day was 7p-3a. If his work day was in fact 7p-3a and he left for work at 4:30, where was he in the 2 1/2 hours before his shift started?

These questions and more will be answered on the next episode of Soapsuma!

You are going to "make" me look that up, aren't you. OK.

In the "Just the Facts" thread, #13, there is a quote that his shift is 4:30 p.m. - 3 a.m. Sorry, my link brain isn't working this evening.

I believe the timeline Le is concerned with is after the last know person to see Haleigh (GGM) that is aproximatley 7:30.
It would definatly be speculation but we can take mistys accounts and put it in order.

We must look at oppurtunity, motive, and ability.
Factor in the recent move and the change to Ron's work scheadual. If we did'nt have one clue how would these other factors narrow the POI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stlemed19