Theories

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was pondering under what circumstances Mrs.McCann would say "They've taken her" and my imagination came up with a possible one: could they have been blackmailed or are being blackmailed?

Just suppose there's something in their backgrounds that they just don't want come out? Could they be involved in something having to do with the group they were traveling with - something that forced them to be at the tapas with no children. "They've taken her" certainly points to more than one which makes it possible that it took more than one person to carry out this crime. And if they are being blackmailed with threats also against the twins, it would make sense that there might be questions that Mrs. McMann would not answer more definitely. What if she/he feels they cannot trust the police with this information to safeguard Madeleine's return or the safety of the twins?

I guess I'm grasping at straws hoping against hope that these parents are not responsible - :banghead:

two comments:

the resort offered chilcare - why on earth did the parents not use that service for such small children.

2nd - since its been reported that the parents were taking turns checking on the kids - one man reported checking on the mccann's and couldn't recall if he saw her or not.

now, IF i killed my daughter, i am NOT sending my friend to check on her while i'm at dinner- i would not want anyone in my room that might discover her missing.

wicket, good theory but what could be possible be (must be something HUGE) for them to go through being "arguidos", have the risk of the twins being taken away from them, etc.

two comments:

the resort offered chilcare - why on earth did the parents not use that service for such small children.

2nd - since its been reported that the parents were taking turns checking on the kids - one man reported checking on the mccann's and couldn't recall if he saw her or not.

now, IF i killed my daughter, i am NOT sending my friend to check on her while i'm at dinner- i would not want anyone in my room that might discover her missing.

You know what-that is weird that she would want someone from the dinner party to go and check on her kids if she had accidently killed one unless she and her husband had already planned to try the ole' kidnapped front. Maybe she was hoping this guy would be the one to find her missing and he just half-a$$ checked on them.

You know what-that is weird that she would want someone from the dinner party to go and check on her kids if she had accidently killed one unless she and her husband had already planned to try the ole' kidnapped front. Maybe she was hoping this guy would be the one to find her missing and he just half-a$$ checked on them.
That's a good thought, Smurf.
By the way I love the Smurfs!

I'd be very curious to know about the McCann's finances. Were they living beyond their means? Lots of debt? That would be interesting to know.

Also, about the open window, I still contend that the average parent would not have defaulted to "they've taken her!" when seeing that, but instead, "oh my god, she fell/climbed/jumped/crawled out the window! Look for her!!!"

I also find it rather disturbing that they left the other kids in daycare after this happened. If someone took my child, I'd be terrified that they'd try to come back and take the other two. I certainly would not be leaving them with strangers, right near the place where my other child went missing. That just defies logic.

I read that the Mc Canns said they did not want any strangers to take care of their kids, it does not make any sense to me because the kids spent most of the day in the care of strangers.
As a mom I found this sooo odd. How are you going to ask another person who is not related to you to check on your own kids? Don't you all find this odd?

I'd be very curious to know about the McCann's finances. Were they living beyond their means? Lots of debt? That would be interesting to know.

Also, about the open window, I still contend that the average parent would not have defaulted to "they've taken her!" when seeing that, but instead, "oh my god, she fell/climbed/jumped/crawled out the window! Look for her!!!"

I also find it rather disturbing that they left the other kids in daycare after this happened. If someone took my child, I'd be terrified that they'd try to come back and take the other two. I certainly would not be leaving them with strangers, right near the place where my other child went missing. That just defies logic.

I think that people do odd things during times of stress so I am trying to not read too much into how the parents acted when they discovered their daughter missing. What may immediately occur to one person could be the last thing to occur to another.
Had it been daylight I think it would have been more reasonable to suspect that Madeleine went for a walk on her own. It seems less likely to me that a child would do that at night - unless, of course, they went to search for mom and dad.
Another thought I had was that if the children were sedated then there would be no way that Madeleine went wandering off on her own - hence, mom would know that someone had to have taken her.

I read that the Mc Canns said they did not want any strangers to take care of their kids, it does not make any sense to me because the kids spent most of the day in the care of strangers. As a mom I found this sooo odd. How are you going to ask another person who is not related to you to check on your own kids? Don't you all find this odd?

Yeah it's always better to leave your babies home alone rather than get sitters provided by a reputable resort.

Geez. their parents skills leave a lot to be desired. I wonder how good their medical skills have been.

LE might just want to do a double check on those those 6 corpses Kate was around. Maybe it was easier to "put them to sleep" .........

patti:
Yeah it's always better to leave your babies home alone rather than get sitters provided by a reputable resort.
I think I may have expressed myself wrongly. I would try to re-phrase. English is not my first language so bear with me. ;) What I find odd is the fact that they did not want to hire a babysitter YET they did not have a problem with a co-worker checking on the kids (a male, by the way). I find that odd.

None of their excuses or explanations for leaving their babies alone make sense to me.

When my siblings and I were young my parents would pay a babysitter to travel with us. This way my parents could go out at night and leave us with someone they trusted. I would think that two doctors could afford to do something similar.

You are right. 3 babies, good income, no excuse for not having a traveling nanny.

Does anyone know what their daycare arrangements were prior to their vacation? Oh hell, they probably just left Maddie to watch the twins.

I read on another forum that Maddie was sleeping between the twins. Anyone know if this is truth or speculation?
I try desperately to stick to reliable sources for my facts.

When my siblings and I were young my parents would pay a babysitter to travel with us. This way my parents could go out at night and leave us with someone they trusted. I would think that two doctors could afford to do something similar.
Of course! The big question is WHY they did not...EVEN in the case of them wanted to check their kids on their own, why rejected the idea of a baby monitor, why???

Pattie54: I had to laugh (in a twisted sort of way) at your comment that "LE might just want to do a double check on those those 6 corpses Kate was around. Maybe it was easier to "put them to sleep ....".

I completely agree. And maybe look to see if her buddy, O'Brien was the attending physician. Remember, she seems to be merely the one that hops from corpse to corpse, giving them one last visit with that damn stuffed cat, that she keeps in her pocket.

Here is one for the records. Perhaps you caught news of those cases quite sometime ago, where a nurse/doctor (can't recall which one), were taking money from family members, to "hasten" the demise of their critical care family members. wtf? Seriously. Documented case. Not that I am inferring that this is what went on with Kate's corpses. It's just that I would not be surprised by anything anymore.

Sorry to be so sarcastic. I seem to dissolve into these rants, when the "people of interest" give such sorry-@ss statements.

uh oh...should I not be commenting in the "Theory" thread? Mod, just toss my post out, if need be ;]

Remember that nurse who injected all those patients (I beleive in a nursing home) so she could gain attention as the heroic nurse who was there and rushed to their bedside to adminster CPR; she would bring them back to life and then go back later to their room and start the whole process over again. Does anyone remember that. She killed a bunch of people and they called it Munchausen Syndrome. She was trying to impress a male co-worker

Sorry it's not exactly on topic.

The comment about checking on the corpses that Kate was in the presence of made me think of that evil nurse.

Lately everything seems to be drug-related; I hate to even mention this but could they have involved themselves in something along these lines? It bothers me to even suggest this because they do not appear to be the type, but I'm not saying they are users but could they have sold drugs sometime in the past? Could it be the basis for this whole situation? Could they have been threatened?

I feel they were allowed to return to Britain to assure the twins would be with family and not exposed to anymore publicity than necessary. It is about the parents not the twins.

Could one parent be covering for another? Just suppose one parent has been known to have a quick temper and the other parent has been continuously covering for him/her. In this case, if this was found out, the twins would be taken away during investigation and also their reputations adversely affected. It has happened time and again where a parent professes the innocence of the other parent even when a child is covered with bruises, sexually molested or dead.

OTOH, the mother went through many procedures to have children - what if the father was less interested in fathering than has been depicted?

And around and around I go.......

I too have been going round and round... but I do agree with the above theory that one parent is covering for the other.

I mentioned on another thread that Maddie's emotionless expressions reminded me of Lisa Steinberg (Hedda Nussbaum's and Joel Steinberg's child that was abused and "accidently" killed).

My theory of the moment is that Kate's eggs were used for the pregnancy, but not Gerry's sperm. He may have resentments that Maddie isn't truly his and doesn't feel strong emotional love towards her...

(Someone mentioned Gerry being narcissistic/sociopathic, which = not having normal emotions towards others; being capable of killing, covering up, grotesque manuveuring, abuse to the body, etc. ALA Scott P.)

I think the "accident" happened before the dinner. Kate and Gerry used the get-together at the bar as an alibi. I think the many bottles of wine were ordered and consumed to hide their fear and guilt, and to hopefully get their companions intoxicated enough to not notice Kate's and Gerry's demeaner.

Re vomit of a child mentioned:
When the "accident" did happen (whether over-dose, shaking, hitting, throwing) and caused Maddie's death, I think K and G tried CPR to revive her.
When I worked on the medical floor at Children's Hospital (LA), there were many times that we preformed CPR on a child.

Many times with compressions, vomitus would shoot out and all over us and the bed and sometimes the wall, even. (Depending on the contents of the child's stomach and how hard the compressor pressed.)

K and/or G called O'Brian to "help" revive Maddie, and got involved in the cover-up when he found out what really happened.

Maddie was dead and in a separate bedroom from the twins when K and G left for the bar. They told the person doing the "children check" rounds to NOT enter the room, but to just listen to see it if it was quiet in there.

This is my theory for now... until I read someone else's... in a few minutes!

For now, I'm just :confused: :( :banghead: :mad: :furious: :confused:

peace9274 - your theory sounds VERY plausible. And thank you for your insights regarding children vomiting when CPR is being administered. That's something I'd wondered about.

OK - lets say there is a fatal accident when they return from having dinner and ice cream with the kids. (6:00pm - Maddy was last seen in public eating area of the resort) If it was an accident as doctors -- first they would try resuscitation of the child (& I really & truely believe at this point they would have called for help if only for medical equipment to intubate or suction the airway) -- probably if it is your own child I would think that would go on for at least an hour....this gives them one hour to clean it up, mourn/freak out, gain composure, come up with a plan to cover up/hide the body -- then gain more composure and get cleaned up for dinner at the tapas bar. Does this seem realistic?
progress.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member