Theories

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Magister, I would buy into the possibility of a random killing if the Cooper's marriage had been portrayed as a very happy, trouble-free one by friends and family but it has not. BC is one unlucky son-of-a-gun if he & the wife were having serious marital problems, that everyone apparently was aware of, and then BOOM she ends up murdered.............what are the odds?
Kind of like someone said about Drew Peterson; "He is either guilty or the most unlucky guy on the planet.":)

I agree with your point and I'm confident that if Brad is guilty, then he'll be indicted and convicted, but...

In the "the runner" subforum, it wasn't difficult to see how she could've (theoretically) been jogging near that location; We know that her body was found in an isolated area and there have been other unsolved murders of female joggers (nationwide). Again, if he's guilty, then he deserves the full treatment, but if he's not, I hope investigators are following the evidence.

I've learned to never say never BUT :sheesh:. If she were known by friends/family to take off on runs to unfamiliar places I would certainly take that into consideration. From what I've read she had a few routes that she "normally" took and I believe that, basically, we humans are creatures of habit. Even if she did venture off her normal routines.....what are the odds that someone was near where she was found just waiting in hopes of catching an early morning female jogger? I do realize the possibility exists that she could have been abducted on one of her normal routes and ultimately transported and left where she was found but for me, right now, it seems highly unlikely.

I don't think they planned to do it all in one day. Nancy would help paint, then the other lady would help her organize (but not in same day).

I don't buy the painting the dining room and then organizing Nancy's home story. Way to much work for one day.
IMO

...and Kelli Wollard disappeared the night before Nancy.

Magister,

I have seen nothing in the local media to suggest that Kelli Wollard was killed. They found her vehicle near a daycare center, and human remains that I belive have been identified as being hers were found in the woods nearby. As far as I can tell, the police are not investigating this now, probably due to the circumstances in how the body was found.

There was a quote from a family member that sounds a bit ambigious, but tends to suggest that she died of a self-inficted method. IIRC, it was something along the lines of ..."She had problems in the past, but we thought she was past it now." This might not be a direct quote, but it is pretty close. This could mean that she had problems with some of the company she kept, or that she had a substance abuse problem, or that she had been clinically depressed and perhaps suicidal. It is somewhat ironic that when they had the BOLO out for her, the license plate was "HAPPIRN" which by my reckoning means "Happy RN".

CyberPro

On the link someone gave last night to the community newspaper there was some mention of vandalism in the area and a picture of a little bridge across a stream that someone had demolished.

You know anything is possible. But we have to go back to MMO. It all leads to Brad/and or the person is/was having an affair with.

But I think the only way to really investigate things throughly is to not be afraid to look at all the possibilities.

When you look at some famous unsolved cases it is usually because LE's in charge get their minds made up that it happened one way or it could only be one person.

The Green River Killings come to mind. The lead investigator kept being "shut down" by his boss who would only believe it was "one person."

I like to think outside of the box, a lot, for people who don't do that..well I drive them nuts at times. LOL

Nancy for whatever reason was no longer "wanted." Perhaps he and the "affair woman" both decided to dump their spouses. Maybe, lets say, hers left but Nancy wasn't as easy to get rid of. Now they begin to talk about getting rid of her.

But you are forgetting Nancy wanted to leave but he hid the passports for the children. Nancy , according to HER family, had wanted to leave for months so why kill her to just get rid of her.

This has been running though my mind, what exactly tripped Brad's switch?
What made him cross the line? What made him not weigh the consequences of being a suspected murderer, and think it was worth it?
A phone call while Nancy was at the party. Maybe something as simple as a secretary confirming an appointment with an attorney on ?. A husband of Nancy's circle giving him a heads up the women were plotting against him. A phone call, that's my theory, that caused her death on that particular night.

I don't buy the painting the dining room and then organizing Nancy's home story. Way to much work for one day.
IMO

I agree that's alot of work. PERHAPS...just perhaps nancy had just gotten her OWN place that BC didn't know about. MAYBE that was where Nancy and her friend was gonna do all that work on Saturday. Maybe Nancy told him she had her own place when she returned from the party. Could be another reason for all he!! breaking loose...

I think that when Nancy returned from Hilton Head, after being lovingly supported by her family, after telling them all about how unhappy she was, after being given lots of advise and encouragement to take the next big step (leaving the house with her children); I believe Nancy returned to Cary with a new mindset and attitude. I believe she became empowered. Brad had to see this immediately, knew things were definitely at a head. He probably started facing how his plans were getting all messed up, short term and medium term goals were going up in smoke. He probably had been brooding for a few days. The reality of the mess he had made of their marriage was sitting on a plate in front of him like steaming poo.

I do think that with Nancy's new attitude, she started verbalizing and showing her strength and will. He knew it was about over. She probably was looking for another place to live and her friends were helping her. I'd expect her family pledged money to help her do this.

I have wondered if she struck the first blow? Threw something? Threw several things? I hope LE compare pictures of the inside of the home before and after to see what heavy object could have DNA on it, or is missing or damaged. It is probably an object that was close and easy to grab. I imagine she was killed within a few minutes of returning home. That's my theory...

Hi all. I don't comment much but I have been keeping up with some of the threads.

My theory is...

Nancy, not feeling well and being tired, returned from the party earlier than Brad expected. She came home and found Brad and his "lover" She told Brad she was leaving and taking the kids. There was a struggle and Brad or possibly even the mistress killed her. Brad loaded her body in the car and took it to dump while the mistress cleaned up and watched over the children.

another is, and I do beleive that Brad killed her but...
Maybe Nancy did go out for a jog. Even though she had some places she routinely went, maybe she felt she didn't have enough time before meeting her friend or maybe with her being tired and not feeling well from the party the night before she wanted to stay close to home. By some chance it was a stranger...

now you all know why I don't post that often *LOL*

But you are forgetting Nancy wanted to leave but he hid the passports for the children. Nancy , according to HER family, had wanted to leave for months so why kill her to just get rid of her.
I have noticed that these guys all want to keep the children. Hiding their passports could have been wanting to keep the girls too. Perhaps.

Hi all. I don't comment much but I have been keeping up with some of the threads.

My theory is...

Nancy, not feeling well and being tired, returned from the party earlier than Brad expected. She came home and found Brad and his "lover" She told Brad she was leaving and taking the kids. There was a struggle and Brad or possibly even the mistress killed her. Brad loaded her body in the car and took it to dump while the mistress cleaned up and watched over the children.

another is, and I do beleive that Brad killed her but...
Maybe Nancy did go out for a jog. Even though she had some places she routinely went, maybe she felt she didn't have enough time before meeting her friend or maybe with her being tired and not feeling well from the party the night before she wanted to stay close to home. By some chance it was a stranger...

now you all know why I don't post that often *LOL*

Please post more! Your thoughts are good ones and you never know who may come up with the real theory here.

I think that when Nancy returned from Hilton Head, after being lovingly supported by her family, after telling them all about how unhappy she was, after being given lots of advise and encouragement to take the next big step (leaving the house with her children); I believe Nancy returned to Cary with a new mindset and attitude. I believe she became empowered. Brad had to see this immediately, knew things were definitely at a head. He probably started facing how his plans were getting all messed up, short term and medium term goals were going up in smoke. He probably had been brooding for a few days. The reality of the mess he had made of their marriage was sitting on a plate in front of him like steaming poo.

I do think that with Nancy's new attitude, she started verbalizing and showing her strength and will. He knew it was about over. She probably was looking for another place to live and her friends were helping her. I'd expect her family pledged money to help her do this.

I have wondered if she struck the first blow? Threw something? Threw several things? I hope LE compare pictures of the inside of the home before and after to see what heavy object could have DNA on it, or is missing or damaged. It is probably an object that was close and easy to grab. I imagine she was killed within a few minutes of returning home. That's my theory...

Yours, too, is a great one. I had thought about the fact that she had come back from Hilton Head with renewed strength to leave the marriage.
Great theory!

The passports only kept her in the US for now, but couldn't stop her from getting another residence, could they? I think her parents would support her financially to make this move. I read that she couldn't work in the US?? but don't remember the details and don't know a thing about that.

What I said about her throwing something, I meant as a reaction to something, not just out of the blue of course.

I agree that's alot of work. PERHAPS...just perhaps nancy had just gotten her OWN place that BC didn't know about. MAYBE that was where Nancy and her friend was gonna do all that work on Saturday. Maybe Nancy told him she had her own place when she returned from the party. Could be another reason for all he!! breaking loose...

I just thought....maybe they were going to start painting Nancy's new place?

I have to say your theory is very close to mine.
I will add I do not feel it was premeditated. If he thought it thru he would have taken her to Regency where she was known to jog. There is so much construction going on near the lake and so much wooded land he could have made this look like a random act that occured while she jogged.
I don't believe she walked in on him Friday nite since she was 100' from her own front door.
The break ins occuring around the area have been coming in spurts for the past 3 yrs. Purses, laptops, GPS's are the items they are looking for. The ones committing these crimes are supposedly only doing cars that are unlocked and in the early morning hrs before daylight.
At first I wondered if Nancy came home from the party to see someone in her car, confronted them, it turned to violence. But, Brad told what she was wearing to go jogging and at what time. So my theory is gone regarding a thief.
My kids are always going to the lake to walk, meet friends at the pier, or to swim. There is just no alert going on as it would be if this were a random act. I have to say that speaks volume.
Lochmere is a huge subdivision. It contains approx. 1400 homes. Pools, lakes, tennis courts, jogging trails, woods, etc. Just imagine all the females and children living there if there is danger lurking and not being alerted.

So my theory is this....IMO Brad is involved. He blew when she came in Friday nite. She finally stood up to him with her new found energy and encouragement from her family. He was not prepared for this at all.
He was already furious because of the call he received at home when Adams called looking for NC, casually mentioned painting Sat. Brad didn't know about the painting and realized he had the girls Friday nite, Sat morning and now Sat afternoon. This would encroach on his time and plans! Nancy had a glass of wine at the party, said some things that angered him further, triggering a physical reaction.

My reason behind this is...what friend needs to call at 10:30pm to confirm painting for 2pm the next day? One that has concern because of a certain tone, or a statement said when she called earlier that evening. She tossed it around to tell NC or not, and decided to call Nancy so she could be prepared for an angry Brad. This call was not about a flight out of RDU at 6am which would warrant the call. Nancy is an early riser and this friend had to know she could confirm painting early Sat morning.
I feel Adams is the link to all this, especially because of her call to NC and to the police.

My reason behind this is...what friend needs to call at 10:30pm to confirm painting for 2pm the next day? One that has concern because of a certain tone, or a statement said when she called earlier that evening. She tossed it around to tell NC or not, and decided to call Nancy so she could be prepared for an angry Brad. This call was not about a flight out of RDU at 6am which would warrant the call. Nancy is an early riser and this friend had to know she could confirm painting early Sat morning.
I feel Adams is the link to all this, especially because of her call to NC and to the police.

Very perceptive - I think you're right on the money with that theory.

NCBANKER...I might be close but hope not to be too close with my theory, or I have scared myself. I have thought this thru so many times. By living here and knowing the subdivision, the breakins, etc it does give us who live here more insight of why some things could have or couldn't have happened.
The one thing I can't shake is why Adams felt so compelled to call at 10:30pm and immediately call CPD when she was missing on Saturday?

I have noticed that these guys all want to keep the children. Hiding their passports could have been wanting to keep the girls too. Perhaps.

I definitely believe that this is not because they really want to have custody and raise the kids - rather, it's for control. Men know that they can control their wives by threatening harm to the kids or saying that they'll never allow the wife to "have" the children. That is why we see so many incidents of men taking the children and killing them. Their biggest motivation is to hurt the spouse.

And though most often it is the husband, I live in the town and knew the woman who murdered her 3 children, I believe, to spite her husband.

So my theory is this....IMO Brad is involved. He blew when she came in Friday nite. She finally stood up to him with her new found energy and encouragement from her family. He was not prepared for this at all.
He was already furious because of the call he received at home when Adams called looking for NC, casually mentioned painting Sat.

Brad didn't know about the painting and realized he had the girls Friday nite, Sat morning and now Sat afternoon. This would encroach on his time and plans! Nancy had a glass of wine at the party, said some things that angered him further, triggering a physical reaction.

Mom, is it speculation that Adams called Nancy's house Friday evening?, or is it a fact?

Regardless, we are on the same page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members