Theories

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With COD being strangulation, would that make it extremely likely it was a sexual assault or done by someone she knows? Is strangulation considered a very personal way to murder someone?

Is there ever premeditated strangulation? Or is that rare?

With COD being strangulation, would that make it extremely likely it was a sexual assault or done by someone she knows? Is strangulation considered a very personal way to murder someone?

Is there ever premeditated strangulation? Or is that rare?

The Green River Killer (Gary Ridgway) strangled his victims. Premeditated - YES...

It doesn't suggest to me that BC did or did not commit the murder the fact that the DA has not charged anyone. The DA takes a very conservative stance on this sort of thing, history suggests.

The Yates Mill assault is troubling, just because it is yet another violent crime in the direct vicinity of where I live. In fact, I run around the pond there regularly, often with my ipod going. It is quiet, wooded, and until now considered peaceful.

There is motive on BC's part to have harm NC. He had the access to do it. Many of his actions do not seem to make sense except in the context of his having committed the crime. Based on these things, he seems to me to be the likely culprit. But, there is evidence, physical and testimonial, that runs against this. And it is possible and unsettling that someone unconnected with NC may have committed the crime.

If the poor woman at Yates Mill had come to final harm, there is a good chance that like many people her marriage might be in a pitiful state, and suspicion would run first toward her closest connections. However, at this point, it seems the attack was only related to where she happened to be: the wrong place at the wrong time. It is extremely worrying that two men would work together to commit an assault like this. They are far enough long in their thinking to confide to each other intent to harm another, and to work together toward that goal.

This relates to the NC case in this way. There are, it appears, strangers who are not BC around this area who are prepared to harm and maybe kill a female who is out exercising, and to do this during daylight.

The law enforcement agencies of Wake County need to work all the angles. They need to solve these cases. At least in my neck of the woods here, the worry meter on females being out on strolls by themselves has gone through the roof. That's wrong.

To me, the two theories most likely are 1) BC did it, or 2) stranger(s) did it. I don't see much or anything to suggest anyone else. And if it is 2), then it is just timing that exposed the problems in her life, and those shouldn't be a reason for the killer to go free, no matter who they are. BC's apparently odd behavior is known, the evidence that supports his version of events has been published, it is down to what LE knows or is finding out about evidence likely in the home or vehicles that will push the matter one way or the other, or perhaps evidence at the scene not yet disclosed.

What are you referring to?

The cell phone call from NC's phone to BC, and the testimony of the woman who believes she saw NC that morning. The cell phone call could be bogus and the woman could be wrong, but nevertheless that is evidence that supports BC's version of the morning in question.

What pace is that? :waitasec:

Not the fastest in the world at all, on good days my pace is between 11-13 mins per mile. I finished Race for the Cure 5k last June in 43 minutes. I try to squeeze in 2 miles every /or two days in my hectic schedule.

Is strangulation considered a very personal way to murder someone?
Both, personal and a complete stranger can overpower one. If one is caught by surprise, from behind, it can render you helpless with little struggling.

In Nancy's case I would like to know if LE thinks she was strangled manually or with a ligature (garrotte). There were no signs around her neck, except the mark on her neck. The hyoid bone was fractured, that happens frequently with manual strangulation. We just don't know.
Her body was free of any visible marks, no trauma noted, I know she was decomposed where some bruising could not have been noted.

Given the intense scrutiny on Brad Cooper, I wonder if the police are theorizing he assaulted her while she was asleep. How did he get her out, how come the kids didn't wake up and see anything, someone would have had to come over to make that phone call if she was deceased. Mike Hillers affi has info in it that one could reach the conclusion that CPD is investigating an accomplice theory.

The phone call from Nancys phone that morning to me is key, and of course TOD is in range she was reportedly missing, now we have a witness that has forward, and there was another lady that someone posted about who claimed they saw someone of Nancy's description running around 8. I wonder how many other unconfirmed sightings were reported that we do not know about/

Yes, I looked on Google Earth, it is certainly in the same vicinity. Since Rosemary Zednick's affidavit, I wonder if Nancy did run on Lilly Atkins over to Holly Springs to Fielding. Will be watching for further developments/information regarding this attack.

I know CPD claims isolated and not random, I don't find that to be a trustworthy statement at this time.

The trails are no longer safe, I don't care what area you live in. I now jog at Golds Gym on Kildaire Farm, North Hills or in RTP. I've had no luck in finding someone who can jog at my pace. Speaking of RTP, I gotta get moving!

LE have 3 murders unsolved and now an attack all with in a 5 mile radius. Police have said they found 2 bloody footprints at the Michelle young murder scene. Then Jenna Nielsen , Nancy cooper and now an attack by 2 people. Seems to me that's an awful lot of murders and attacks not to be connected. Michelle Youngs was in her home but she had reported noises in the woods to police before her killing. It would be interesting to know if LE found any footprints at Nancy Coopers dump site and if there was any where the attack took place in the park. I know that it is unlikely to be any where Jenna Nielsen was murdered it was on concrete. Does any one think LE is comparing DNA found at all these sites?

. It would be interesting to know if LE found any footprints at Nancy Coopers dump site and if there was any where the attack took place in the park.

Has there been any reports that indicate where the attack took place? Or, is "where the attack took place in the park" speculation?

LE have 3 murders unsolved and now an attack all with in a 5 mile radius. Police have said they found 2 bloody footprints at the Michelle young murder scene. Then Jenna Nielsen , Nancy cooper and now an attack by 2 people.

Each of the murders are not 'unsolved,' they are as yet legally unproven--i.e. the DA has not taken any of the cases to a grand jury. Each of the 3 murdered women were not victims of random attacks and were also not victims of the same perp. In each of the 3 cases, each husband is the one believed to be the perp of the crime perpetuated on his spouse, by LE and the DA, CCBI and the FBI. There are no other suspects in those cases. The fact that they happened to occur in the general Triangle area is the only thing in common. As for the attack on the woman by those 2 people...that was a completely different (type of) crime, and it happened outside. Again, not related.

Has there been any reports that indicate where the attack took place? Or, is "where the attack took place in the park" speculation?
No official reports have been released. LE/CCBI believe Nancy was killed in her home. Whether or not they can prove this through forensic evidence or other evidence, remains to be seen.

Not the fastest in the world at all, on good days my pace is between 11-13 mins per mile. I finished Race for the Cure 5k last June in 43 minutes. I try to squeeze in 2 miles every /or two days in my hectic schedule.
I happen to know of a boxer someone has who could keep pace with you! Apparently good for a 4+ mi run. Might drool a little but otherwise a good sport. :smile:

Each of the murders are not 'unsolved,' they are as yet legally unproven--i.e. the DA has not taken any of the cases to a grand jury. Each of the 3 murdered women were not victims of random attacks and were also not victims of the same perp. In each of the 3 cases, each husband is the one believed to be the perp of the crime perpetuated on his spouse, by LE and the DA, CCBI and the FBI. There are no other suspects in those cases. The fact that they happened to occur in the general Triangle area is the only thing in common. As for the attack on the woman by those 2 people...that was a completely different (type of) crime, and it happened outside. Again, not related.

Jenna Nielsen's husband has been cleared. Hers was a random attack.

Thanks. Redacting Nielsen from the discussion. Young's and Cooper's attacks were not random. In each case the husband is believed to be the perp. In the Young case I am 100% sure JLY is the perp. In the Cooper case I'm not at 100%, but am probably around 95 - 97%, waiting to see what forensics results they've got, along with other evidence and if they can tie it all together.

SG,

That is an awfully bold statement to make regarding all three crimes and a little uninformed, Jenna Neilson's husband has been cleared. If we are looking at facts, it seems we have a witness saying she saw NC outside of her home on the morning of the murder, granted she could be wrong, but does not seem likely.

SG,

That is an awfully bold statement to make regarding all three crimes and a little uninformed, Jenna Neilson's husband has been cleared. If we are looking at facts, it seems we have a witness saying she saw NC outside of her home on the morning of the murder, granted she could be wrong, but does not seem likely.

You're right, it is a bold statement to make. I redacted the Nielson case (I don't follow that one and just lumped it in and I was incorrect). But I'm confident that in the Young and Cooper cases the DA, LE, CCBI, and the FBI believe each husband is the perp. Again, whether or not that can be proven in a court of law remains to be seen. The burden of proof is on them to prove it; we shall see if they attempt to.

Albert, we don't know where the attack actually took place.

Forgive me if this has already been said, but....even if Nancy was seen jogging, why does that mean that Brad is innocent? He could have killed her when she got home from her run. I know rage often happens in the evening, but not always. Also, I know that if I am stressing over something (like a fight with spouse), I may go for a run for that very reason. This could explain why Nancy was in fact running, even though she didn't have prior plans to do so. That said, I personally think it was a case of mistaken identity, and NC never actually left the house. If she did, I think there would be more people who would have spotted her that morning.

Forgive me if this has already been said, but....even if Nancy was seen jogging, why does that mean that Brad is innocent? He could have killed her when she got home from her run. I know rage often happens in the evening, but not always. Also, I know that if I am stressing over something (like a fight with spouse), I may go for a run for that very reason. This could explain why Nancy was in fact running, even though she didn't have prior plans to do so. That said, I personally think it was a case of mistaken identity, and NC never actually left the house. If she did, I think there would be more people who would have spotted her that morning.

Because the kids would have been awake at that time, which makes it unlikely he could have done this without detection.

Because the kids would have been awake at that time, which makes it unlikely he could have done this without detection.

But just maybe the kids or one child did see/ hear something.

Maybe that is the reason for statement "no credible witness"", maybe that is why BC does not have the kids now and the judge outlined certain conditions such as no talking about mom's murder, counseling,no dogs...etc.

We just don't know this piece of evidence.

Probably, no Possible, yes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member