Theory #1: Stranger Abduction by the "Couple in the Car"

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Does anyone have access to Michigan plate designs from the late 60s? It would be interesting to compare those to what I remember from the sedan back before Anna's disappearance. Also - The white van. I keep thinking about that. It was mentioned by several people and in the original article from the 70s A white van would be typical for a construction person.A friend of ours that lived on the farm had purchased a van around the same time - he was a carpenter. I cannont remember the color. I think it might have been white. I would like to rule that out as the van in question. If the a white van was the vehicle of abduction however, and not the van of our friend, can we connect the prospective step father of C with a any particular vehicles - including a white van (he was a construction worker)?

Here's one from the late 50s early 60s...

mi59pass.jpg

Annasbro said:
Does anyone have access to Michigan plate designs from the late 60s? It would be interesting to compare those to what I remember from the sedan back before Anna's disappearance. Also - The white van. I keep thinking about that. It was mentioned by several people and in the original article from the 70s A white van would be typical for a construction person.A friend of ours that lived on the farm had purchased a van around the same time - he was a carpenter. I cannont remember the color. I think it might have been white. I would like to rule that out as the van in question. If the a white van was the vehicle of abduction however, and not the van of our friend, can we connect the prospective step father of C with a any particular vehicles - including a white van (he was a construction worker)?
Annasbro, check out this website, it might help.
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/1151/SAMPLE-MI.html

Annasbro said:
I looked at Michigan plates and there is only one year that the colors matched up with what you saw: 1962. This would be unlikely since an 1962 vehicle would be substantially different from a late 1960's-early 1970's model.

This is new information about the van that the friend had - can you email or PM me any info about the friend (such as his name and how long he was there at the property)?

The construction worker in C's family is her "step-father". We are not sure of her "father's" profession, but she thinks it may have been as a truck driver.

Dr. Doogie said:
I looked at Michigan plates and there is only one year that the colors matched up with what you saw: 1962.
In reviewing the site that MagicRose99 linked, the 1962 plate was also used through 1964 with a different tag designating 1963 or 1964.

I can not rule out that the green and yellow plate was not the one. The white with green letters and the green with yellow letters both look like they could be the ones. It was a long time ago.

I could not tell you with 100% certainty what color the lettering is on my license plates right now, so the fact that you recall as much as you do is amazing.

It is also possible that they could have already had the plates for a number of years, and then switched them onto a newer vehicle later. In California the plates seem to come with the vehicle, but in other states (at least the one I grew up in) you get the plates separately and can keep the plates if you sell your old car and buy a new one.

ETA:

As an example, my dad inherited a 1970s Buick from his grandfather, along with the vanity plates. When the car would no longer run, my dad sold it but kept the old plates. He then bought a 1990s model car and put his grandfather's old vanity plates on the new car. (This was in Illinois.) So a car and its plates can definitely be from different eras.

I got to thinking, which sometimes can be dangerous, whoever took Anna may not have gone back to their hometown and family. How would you explain having custody of a child especially one who is 5 yrs old? Just throwing in another idea, suppose the family had not seen the couple who took Anna and reported him/her missing. A woman was last seen by her father on June 1, 1972 is listed in the Doe network. http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/1665dfca.html
Not sure if the link will bring up her page, you may have to do a search and use the number 1665dfca. This woman seems to fit Annasbro's description of the woman in the car. What all can we find out about this mystery woman?

mfmangel1 said:
There are two Antoinette Marinos in Cali:

ANTOINETTE MARINO
4638 VANGOLD AVE
LAKEWOOD, CA

ANTOINETTE MARINO
5919 PEARCE AVE
LAKEWOOD, CA

It's a fairly unusual name.

I have to wonder if "C" would recognize her. I have been thinking of her so often lately. I am hoping she is happy in her new marriage and enjoying the holiday season.
I found an exact match to her dob:

MARINO, AGNES 64 AvailableAvailable(1)Available CLEARFIELD, PA

Almost choked on the street name

This is all very interesting. According to the missing poster, Antoinette Marino spent time in Big Sur in the late 1960's (about one hundred miles away from Half Moon Bay on the same highway).

We are finding some very interesting information concerning Antoinette Marino - stuff that fits nicely with the theory about the couple in the car, the information from the CA tipster and Mystery Woman C. Nothing concrete (yet), but we are moving forward quickly on this!

I have been in contact with a friend of the daughter of Antoinette Marino who is assisting the daughter in the search for her mother. The daughter was placed for adoption at age one (circmstances unknown at this time).

Here is where things get very interesting: "C" and the daughter share the same first name. C's middle name is "Antoinette", the same as the missing woman Marino. I am awaiting a response from the friend to discover if the middle name of the adoptee is also "Antoinette", which would mean that both C and the adoptee share the same first and middle name. On the adoption reunion site where we discovered the adoptee, the birth father's first name is listed as "Bill" (it turns out that subsequent to the posting on the reunion site, a DNA test was done between "Bill" and the adoptee and was negative, so Bill is not the adoptee's father).

We do know that Antoinette frequented the Salinas and Big Sur areas of Northern California (approximately 100 miles from Half Moon Bay on Highway 1). Annasbro says that Antoinette looks like what he remembers the woman in the car looking like (but cannot positively identify her). And that Antoinette has not been seen by her family since about seven months prior to Anna's disappearance which would fit into a scenario where she and a male accomplice were on the run with an abducted child.

My working hypothesis (based currently on speculation and coincidences) is that Marino may have felt that society "owed" her a daughter and took Anna as a replacement, giving her the same first and middle names as her actual daughter. It is possible (but unlikely) that Antoinette Marino is the same woman as C's "mother" (I am awaiting to hear if C recognizes the pictures of Marino). If she is not the same woman, it is still possible that somehow C was transfered from Marino's possesion to C's "parents". (Remember: The above paragraph is my speculation and is not based on any verifiable evidence. It is only presented so that we have an idea of one avenue of exploration!)

Hopefully, we will have additional information shortly that will help bolster or shoot down this hypothesis.

Dr. Doogie said:
I have been in contact with a friend of the daughter of Antoinette Marino who is assisting the daughter in the search for her mother. The daughter was placed for adoption at age one (circmstances unknown at this time).

Here is where things get very interesting: "C" and the daughter share the same first name. C's middle name is "Antoinette", the same as the missing woman Marino. I am awaiting a response from the friend to discover if the middle name of the adoptee is also "Antoinette", which would mean that both C and the adoptee share the same first and middle name. On the adoption reunion site where we discovered the adoptee, the birth father's first name is listed as "Bill" (it turns out that subsequent to the posting on the reunion site, a DNA test was done between "Bill" and the adoptee and was negative, so Bill is not the adoptee's father).

We do know that Antoinette frequented the Salinas and Big Sur areas of Northern California (approximately 100 miles from Half Moon Bay on Highway 1). Annasbro says that Antoinette looks like what he remembers the woman in the car looking like (but cannot positively identify her). And that Antoinette has not been seen by her family since about seven months prior to Anna's disappearance which would fit into a scenario where she and a male accomplice were on the run with an abducted child.

My working hypothesis (based currently on speculation and coincidences) is that Marino may have felt that society "owed" her a daughter and took Anna as a replacement, giving her the same first and middle names as her actual daughter. It is possible (but unlikely) that Antoinette Marino is the same woman as C's "mother" (I am awaiting to hear if C recognizes the pictures of Marino). If she is not the same woman, it is still possible that somehow C was transfered from Marino's possesion to C's "parents". (Remember: The above paragraph is my speculation and is not based on any verifiable evidence. It is only presented so that we have an idea of one avenue of exploration!)

Hopefully, we will have additional information shortly that will help bolster or shoot down this hypothesis.
Doesn't that seven moths prior also fit into the time frame of C's "birth announcement" as I recall?

C has reviewed the pictures of Antoinette Marino and does not recognize the woman. This means that AM is not the woman that C knows as her mother.

The feedback that I am getting from the adoption search angel who is assisting AM's daughter is that AM is exactly the sort of person who could have taken a girl to replace her daughter. AM abandoned her daughter an the hospital at birth, then later was upset that CPS had placed the girl in foster care. AM made threatening phone calls to the foster parents about the daughter while in prison.

Dr. Doogie said:
C has reviewed the pictures of Antoinette Marino and does not recognize the woman. This means that AM is not the woman that C knows as her mother.

The feedback that I am getting from the adoption search angel who is assisting AM's daughter is that AM is exactly the sort of person who could have taken a girl to replace her daughter. AM abandoned her daughter an the hospital at birth, then later was upset that CPS had placed the girl in foster care. AM made threatening phone calls to the foster parents about the daughter while in prison.
If Antoinette Marino had a history of drug and alcohol abuse, a
question to ask the adoptee's search angel if they have found any connection with the Synanon.

Just a quick note (I cannot say more than this): We have a possible lead on the "Bill" (the abductor) that the tipster spoke of. Needless to say, this is an exciting development!

omg what an exciting lead i am on the edge of my seat waiting for any news i hope alot pans out from this

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back