Theory #3: Other Stranger Abduction

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The Alexander Turner who is an RSO has a middle name of David and lives in West Covina, Los Angeles County. The Alexander G. Turner who lived in Chico is a different person and is not an RSO. He apparantly now lives near Fresno. I have found two court records for a "Alexander Turner" in Fresno County - a 1984 charge of domestic violence (somehow involving children but I think it is a "wife-beating" in front of the children) and a 1997 family court issue that I cannot decipher. Also, there is a small claims case involving a Alejandro De La Torre who sued, then dropped a claim against Liberty Mutual Insurance Company.

I do not know if this is the same guy as the Wild Man.

The Alexander Turner who is an RSO has a middle name of David and lives in West Covina, Los Angeles County. The Alexander G. Turner who lived in Chico is a different person and is not an RSO. He apparantly now lives near Fresno. I have found two court records for a "Alexander Turner" in Fresno County - a 1984 charge of domestic violence (somehow involving children but I think it is a "wife-beating" in front of the children) and a 1997 family court issue that I cannot decipher. Also, there is a small claims case involving a Alejandro De La Torre who sued, then dropped a claim against Liberty Mutual Insurance Company.

I do not know if this is the same guy as the Wild Man.
This is some amazing rock-turning, Doogie. And I am stunned by the information regarding the shack. I never could quite picture where that shack was. Was it down by the Purisima cemetery?

I spoke with Annasbro last night and he confirmed that the shack in question was located at the corner of Purissima Creek and Verde Roads, next to the Purissima cemetery.

I found this posted a couple of years ago with the answer to where the shack was. Evidently, when Speder was evicted from the shack by the property owners, they quickly demolished it to prevent Turner from returning to occupy the cabin. Joe and Nonda must have timed it just right to obtain the letters and paystub - a week or two later and the shack would have been gone.

I have also made contact with somebody else who knew Turner during this period (mid-to-late 1970's) who may be able to supply more info about him as I gain this person's trust.

The person who I have found who knew Turner in the late 1970's says that he had a temper, but that it was unlikely that he would have kidnapped or harmed a child.

Here is the info about Turner's domestic violence charge in Fresno County:
(If this is undecipherable, go to http://banweb.co.fresno.ca.us/cprodsnp/ck_public_qry_main.cp_main_idx , then search by name of Alexander Turner.)

Report Selection Criteria

Case ID: 0307805 Docket Start Date: Docket Ending Date: <A name=description>

Case Description

Case ID: 0307805 - WILLIE TURNER VS ALEXANDER TURNER ET AL - -NON JURY-
Filing Date: Thursday , February 16th, 1984 Type: 53 - Domestic viol prev children Status: none <A name=related>

Related Cases

No related cases were found. <A name=events>

Case Event Schedule

No case events were found. <A name=parties>

Case Parties

Seq #AssocExpn DateTypeIDName1 Defendant<A href="http://banweb.co.fresno.ca.us/cprodsnp/ck_public_qry_cpty.cp_personcase_details_idx?backto=P&soundex_ind=&partial_ind=&last_name=&first_name=&middle_name=&begin_date=&end_date=&case_type=&id_code=@777011">@777011TURNER, ALEXANDER Address:unavailable Aliases:none 2 Attorney000000Unrepresented, Unrepresented Address:unavailable Aliases:none 3 Defendant@777012TURNER, ROBERT Address:unavailable Aliases:none 4 Attorney000000Unrepresented, Unrepresented Address:unavailable Aliases:none 5 Plaintiff@777013TURNER, WILLIE Address:unavailable
unavailable
unavailable
unavailable Aliases:none

Docket Entries

Filing DateDescriptionNameMonetary16-FEB-1984
08:00 AMDomestic Violence OSCTURNER, WILLIE Entry:Fee Amount : 0000009000 Text : FILED ORDER TO SHOW CAUSE & TEMPORARY RESTRAINING ORDER (DOMESTIC VIOLENCE) MARRIED: YES CR: 25737 DATE 03/12/84 TIME 02:30 DEPT. 07 12-MAR-1984
08:00 AMMinute orderTURNER, WILLIE Entry:Fee Amount : 0000000000 Text : FILED MINUTE ORDER: OSC DEPT 07 PETNR'S CHILDREN VACATE RESIDENCE 05-NOV-2005
10:07 AMFL / FS Inactive FinalTURNER, WILLIE Entry:none.

In the comments sections of the link I posted regarding Phillip Garrido residing in Reno in 1970 or so, I ran across the name Lisa Marie Bonham, who was abducted and murdered by a pedophile in Reno in 77. The person who was eventually convicted of her murder had a criminal history since 1969.

This got me wondering..... Unless one recalls a specific case how would one research sex offenders prior to the state sex offender registries?

Did LE working on Anna's case ever looking into anyone convicted of crimes against children for the time period? I know Dr. Doogie has mentioned searching for similiar crimes, but not sure if a list exists of rule outs? Or pedo's in the area for that time era have ever been searched.

I don't think this perp who killed Lisa had anything to do with Anna's disappearance as he appears to have been in Reno. It just got me thinking. (I hope that is not what happened to Anna, but it got me thinking and wondering.

The news today reports that Garrido was arrested for a rape of a 14 year old in Antioch in April 1972. That puts him in the Bay Area uncomfortably close to January 1973. So far, that only means that he was a pedophile in the general region that Anna disappeared from - probably just one of a thousand or so, but this is too close to home for me.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,546761,00.html?test=latestnews

From the article: "The 1976 victim — Katherine Callaway Hall — told police after that attack that Garrido said he had abducted two other girls, one from the San Francisco Bay area and one possibly from Las Vegas."

So by 1976, Garrido had kidnapped another girl in the Bay Area. And the 1972 arrest for the 14 year old does not seem to have been a kidnapping, but a "date-rape" and statutory rape.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,546761,00.html?test=latestnews

From the article: "The 1976 victim &#8212; Katherine Callaway Hall &#8212; told police after that attack that Garrido said he had abducted two other girls, one from the San Francisco Bay area and one possibly from Las Vegas."

So by 1976, Garrido had kidnapped another girl in the Bay Area. And the 1972 arrest for the 14 year old does not seem to have been a kidnapping, but a "date-rape" and statutory rape.

I surely hope this has nothing to do with Anna but I am glad for the publicity this case is bringing to abductions.

I don't know a great deal about Synanon but while doing a bit of googling I found this article:

"Child Rearing and Education in the Synanon School"
http://hum.sagepub.com/cgi/content/abstract/28/2/95

The summary states :

"A detailed description of the Synanon School is presented, including its history and development, organization, and census data on its 200 resident children by age, sex, race, and time in Synanon."

The article was written in 1975 and can be purchased.

It would be great to get census data on those who were at Synanon!

This would be the perfect job for our kids and/or grandchildren. I'm pretty sure I won't be here in this life to see the 1970 census.

From Pinks post.

"A detailed description of the Synanon School is presented, including its history and development, organization, and census data on its 200 resident children by age, sex, race, and time in Synanon."

I read this to mean the census info is in the article Pink linked. :waitasec:

From Pinks post.

I read this to mean the census info is in the article Pink linked. :waitasec:
If you read the summary of the article is says that there is census information in the document.

:)

ETA - It's so nice to see you guys posting! I was getting very lonely. : (

Recalling that George Waters was trying not to pay child support, I was wondering if his lawyer was ever suspected or questioned by LE at the time Anna disappeared? It wouldn't seem unlikely that perhaps they had a 'deal'...
Do we know the lawyers name? Is he still around the Bay area?

Thanks

Recalling that George Waters was trying not to pay child support, I was wondering if his lawyer was ever suspected or questioned by LE at the time Anna disappeared? It wouldn't seem unlikely that perhaps they had a 'deal'...
Do we know the lawyers name? Is he still around the Bay area?

Thanks

IIRC, Sherlock had phoned him. I think about the time we went through the box from hell. He had no recollection of dealings with GW.

IIRC, Sherlock had phoned him. I think about the time we went through the box from hell. He had no recollection of dealings with GW.

UGH!

Was this the fellow who took the 5th? If so, I do recall something aggravating about that. Doesn't that mean, he knows more than he should but NOT talking!?

SK

yep, that was the guy who Sherlock described as taking the 5th.

I find that very very suspicious!

Maybe, maybe not. I'm sure he dealt with many clients over the years and doesn't remember them all. Now if he handled adoptions that might be diffeent.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr
Back