Theory - Illegal Adoption was EJ's Plan A

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If EJ gave Gabriel up in an illegal adoption, is it possible that she received no payment? Would it be enough for EJ to have Gabe out of her life so that she could pursue whatever she wanted to free of him?

I know I've said this before, but I really don't think there is an adoption. I think she just gave Gabriel up to someone she knew/knows or someone who she knows that knows someone that she can trust. The paperwork hassle to me, was just way to complicated now for her after the fiasco she went through in AZ with TS. I dunno!

I know I've said this before, but I really don't think there is an adoption. I think she just gave Gabriel up to someone she knew/knows or someone who she knows that knows someone that she can trust. The paperwork hassle to me, was just way to complicated now for her after the fiasco she went through in AZ with TS. I dunno!

I agree Kappy50! UNLESS she went through an elaborate underground ring that would have all the paper hoopla figured out for you.

I honestly don't think it would be difficult to create a new identity for Gabe, especially since he's too young to question his name change.

My youngest's bio-dad took off when he was 3 m/o and disappeared. Last year, I decided to start the legal process of having his middle/last name changed, as that's what he'd been going by anyway since a year old. It's a very long process - I'm still looking at another year probably. When I enrolled him in preschool, they needed his immunization recs. I got them from the doc and simply crossed out the old names and wrote in the new to enroll him with those names. No one said a word. This year for kindergarten, they said they'd need his birth cert. I told them I was in the process of the name change and they never questioned it. Also, my doc changed clinics so I had to do a transfer of recs form. When I filled it out, I put his old name but requested to transfer into his new name and they did.

Sorry for the long story, I just wanted to point out that it is going to be extremely easy for Gabes "new family" to blend him in. I think it's going to take someone recognizing him or an outsider noticing and questioning the new addition.

Just wanted to add - regarding Gabes shot records -- with TS's comment about him being current tells me they took him in to get him current and requested a copy. Then, easily change the name. To start a new dr, that's all they'll be concerned with, not necessarily all his med recs. "Here's his shot record, he has a normal health background" and voila! On the way to a new paper trail with his new name! I'm sure whoever it was that hooked up EJ with the "new family", has a way of getting a birth cert and ssn. I saw a story not too long ago about a guy who had taken over the identity of a dead child.

Just for clarification, do you believe EJ gave him to someone to keep forever as their child?

Or do you think she gave him to someone temporarily, with an intent to take him back at some point?

Just for clarification, do you believe EJ gave him to someone to keep forever as their child?

Or do you think she gave him to someone temporarily, with an intent to take him back at some point?

To keep forever as theirs , yes I do.

I can see how it's very possible she just handed him over-no paper trail, no legal process what so ever. The possible visits with Gabriel do indicate some sort of adoption process though, if they actually took place. If it was someone she knew why would they need to spend time with Gabriel first. Gabriel had to of been somewhere while EJ was seen on different days, different times without him.

I can see how it's very possible she just handed him over-no paper trail, no legal process what so ever. The possible visits with Gabriel do indicate some sort of adoption process though, if they actually took place. If it was someone she knew why would they need to spend time with Gabriel first. Gabriel had to of been somewhere while EJ was seen on different days, different times without him.

Maybe the couple wanted time to see Gabe, make sure he was healthy, happy, would adjust to them, etc before they took him? Maybe they were making sure he was at least a little comfortable with them instead of just an immediate hand off? Dunno, just trying to think that someone had some interest in gabe's well being in this.

Also, even though it appears that E did not really want Gabe, would she still do things because "that is just what you do?" For example, Even if she knew these people or knew someone who knew them, would she still make sure that it was a safe place for Gabe, just because you make sure kids are safe? Other scenarios - we questioned why she did his laundry - maybe it was dirty and you just "do laundry"? If E. had all of Gabe's shots up to date, maybe that was just "because that is what you do with a baby"? make sense?

I think if this is a true underground adoption, they will come up with any necessary papers needed. I don't think they'll go through a court at all. I think there was a middle man - possibly JM - then another person - HG - who connected them to the "adoptive" family. Once the hand-off occurred, Gabe instantly became a new person. This is why I hold my position that the only way we'll find him is if someone recognizes Gabe or an outsider notices he's new to the family and questions it. I don't even think if they find the middle man they'll get any info because I think a true underground adoption organization will be much too sophisticated to fall with one person.

I have a feeling this is much bigger than we can imagine.

Kappy, with your theory, do you think Gabriel was left in the hotel room during naptime by himself while EJ was seen alone? Just trying to piece it all together.

It's the whole time frame she was in SA that has me baffled. She was there from Dec. 21th to 27th when she boarded the bus. 7 days....if she was in such a big hurry to do whatever she did with Gabriel, why 7 days. She could've taken him to a shelter, dropped him off and gone on with her life. If illegal adoption, based on all information we gathered and collected on the threads, and my assumption only, these illegal adoptions can be done quickly. I would say a couple of days. So they were last seen on the 26th as confirmed by LE. So that's 6 days she spent with Gabriel. Now if you are having to wait on someone you personally have contacted and they needed a few days to get there, because it was Christmas week, I could see this more likely. Now all the sightings and other stuff in between, I have no clue...

Kappy, with your theory, do you think Gabriel was left in the hotel room during naptime by himself while EJ was seen alone? Just trying to piece it all together.

I absolutely do!!!

I absolutely do!!!

I'm stuck on that one. As LM clearly stated-she has done it before but you would think she would worry about housekeeping coming in. I guess a do not disturb sign would fix that though.

I'm stuck on that one. As LM clearly stated-she has done it before but you would think she would worry about housekeeping coming in. I guess a do not disturb sign would fix that though.

That and a TV sound....

Just wanted to add - regarding Gabes shot records -- with TS's comment about him being current tells me they took him in to get him current and requested a copy. Then, easily change the name. To start a new dr, that's all they'll be concerned with, not necessarily all his med recs. "Here's his shot record, he has a normal health background" and voila! On the way to a new paper trail with his new name! I'm sure whoever it was that hooked up EJ with the "new family", has a way of getting a birth cert and ssn. I saw a story not too long ago about a guy who had taken over the identity of a dead child.

I've actually heard this used to be a pretty common way of getting a new identity. If it's done right, all they may have to do for a SSN is find a child that died around the age he is and apply for lost card.

Since the beginning though, I haven't thought this was a local family, or that if it was they moved right after bringing Gabriel into their home. I wouldn't think they'd want to stick around the area where people were actively looking for him and checking out every baby under a year old.

Come to think of it, I wouldn't think it would be anyone who was telling family and friends they'd just adopted a baby. They might be afraid the baby would be recognized. (Oh, you just happened to adopt a baby that looks like the missing baby???) I'm leaning more towards someone who moved to a town where no one knew them and acting as if Gabriel was their own child and they'd had him since birth.

TS and JS were really adiment about the shot reords. If I recall, JS was really squirmy about it and that's why they knew EJ was just a GREAT mother !!!! I don't think JS would know what a shot record was if it jumped up and bit him in HIS shot record. That was all TS as far as I am concerned! Are shot records recorded by/ and to county and state ??? Or just to the county health dept.??? Even if that could be located, I'm sure we couldn't find any informaion due to privacy laws.

I've actually heard this used to be a pretty common way of getting a new identity. If it's done right, all they may have to do for a SSN is find a child that died around the age he is and apply for lost card.

Since the beginning though, I haven't thought this was a local family, or that if it was they moved right after bringing Gabriel into their home. I wouldn't think they'd want to stick around the area where people were actively looking for him and checking out every baby under a year old.

Come to think of it, I wouldn't think it would be anyone who was telling family and friends they'd just adopted a baby. They might be afraid the baby would be recognized. (Oh, you just happened to adopt a baby that looks like the missing baby???) I'm leaning more towards someone who moved to a town where no one knew them and acting as if Gabriel was their own child and they'd had him since birth.

BBM --

I agree. I think there's a reason EJ went to SA. I think there's a reason she stayed at Homegates. These places are commonly used by these people, imo. We know TX has some of the lightest laws when it comes to parental rights. This is probably a "hub" of sorts.

How does this impact this theory? Can we tweak it a bit and take a fresh look?

March 26, 2010 - 3:20PM

Private investigator Ken Gamble, who is working with the McQuearys in the search for Gabriel, said there is no evidence indicating that Johnson sold Gabriel in an underground adoption, but said there are indications she gave him to someone she entrusted who has the boy in hiding.

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/152240

How does this impact this theory? Can we tweak it a bit and take a fresh look?

March 26, 2010 - 3:20PM

Private investigator Ken Gamble, who is working with the McQuearys in the search for Gabriel, said there is no evidence indicating that Johnson sold Gabriel in an underground adoption, but said there are indications she gave him to someone she entrusted who has the boy in hiding.

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/152240

Yup - there's no doubt we need to do that...what would be EJ's ultimate intent on putting Gabe into hiding? Would adoption still be her end game?

Transcribed from video below:

Reporter: A lot of people suspect that the baby was illegally adopted. Is that kind of your hunch based on what you've learned in the past month or two.

Logan: We have a lot of different things that we're working on right now. I think we're kind of leaning away from that.

Reporter: Leaning away from that and maybe thinking what?

Logan: Right now I can't say that.

http://www.azfamily.com/video/featu...lk-about-the-search-for-his-son-90215187.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow
Back