Theory Thread #2 - What happened at Pistorius' house on the night of Feb. 13, 2013?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree, prisoners are in jail to pay for their crimes and hopefully make a vow to themselves and society not to break the law again once they are released. I am sickened by the rapes that occur in jail, how are these men or women learning anything about civility?
While incarcerated they should be given drugs to cut the libido to nothing and in house violence dealt with appropriately. JMO

Agreed, otherwise prisons will never be anything more than factories for creating ever more hardened and brutal criminals. In any event it appears the mods have now removed the offending comment along with other comments that supported the idea.

reeva_steenkamp_457x177.jpeg

:(

I'm watching eNCA in Sydney. Judge Masipa has just arrived at Court. Wouldn't it be 6.30am there now? That's what I call an early start. There's going to be a large demonstration of NCA women, about 300, outside Court. Looks like it's going to be a very busy day.

How many hours to drive from Gauteng to Maputo City, Mozambique?
549k – 6 1/2 hours

http://www.distancesfrom.com/za/dis...it-Maputo-Maputo/DistanceHistory/1488376.aspx

How many hours to drive from Jo’burg to Maputo, Mozambique?
545k – 6 hours 46 mins – map included

http://www.gomapper.com/travel/how-...om/johannesburg-gauteng-to-maputo-maputo.html

Just a nice day trip with a picnic on the way.

Hell, OP will probably skip out right after court adjourns tomorrow.

He’ll be sipping pina coladas on the Moz beach before My Lady can deliver her verdict on Friday! LOL :mad:

My apologies if this has been laid out, but am I understanding right that the verdict could take so long to deliver that it's expected to go into Friday?
I read a really good article earlier today that talks about how it will go...maybe that's been shared on here already too. The same article has been on many different news outlets.
http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/pistorius-verdict-delivered-25399220

I am really looking forward to finally hearing a verdict today, Thursday, but it appears it is presumed to be Friday for sure that the final verdict is given?
Will we have any clue about the final verdict at the start today or will that only be finally delivered at the end of the entire thing (Friday?)?

Originally Posted by vansleuths
Thanks for sharing this article. There are a number of points made that seem to suggest that Pistorius may not face real justice and this has been my concern all along. Here are a couple of points I took out of the article.

1. The centre remains his destination unless Roux can persuade the authorities he is a suicide risk and get him mental health care at the local psychiatric institute, Weskoppies.

2. How Oscar navigates this environment will be the sum of the clout of his relatives, friends in high places and the pleadings of defence advocate Barry Roux.

3. In South Africa, there is no equal justice - it's who you know and how well you know them.

4. For someone who has achieved sporting fame - and with it financial success - can secure special care in prison.

5. What happens after sentencing will attest to the strings the Pistorius family and Roux with his knowledge of 'the system' can pull.

6. The trick is to appease the public in providing a seemingly severe sentence but ensure that this is darkly prefaced by dangers of death threats, suicide and ill health.

7. Threats of suicide are common as last ditch calls from the many wealthy accused in South African docks with prison breathing down their necks. The offender then gets to be placed in a safe cell and transferred to a good advocate (in this case Roux)... then early parole. Men who get to be parolled often join the speaker circuit and make big bucks after a miraculous health recovery talking on their great mistakes and the pearls of wisdom they acquired which they are willing to dispense.

read the article from the link quoted upthread.

The article is based on the view of South African DR DENISE BJORKMAN is a South African clinical psychologist and human rights lawyer who works with the country's eight main prisons
Bjorkman has presumably "seen it all" ( or at least more than any of us when it comes to SA prisons) and is presumably hoping that the OP trial will shine a light on the conditions in SA prisons for your average inmate- no doubt she finds those conditions "tiresomely predictable" but not very LOL. I doubt she is a Pistorian.

She sounds rather cynical and realistic and is explaining how the rich, influential inmate can still wangle preferential terms for themselves. If it's already happened in some famous cases we can't be so sure that it won't happen with OP. Let's hope not - but there are some cautionary tales there.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ves-lie-wait-hes-convicted.html#ixzz3CyQd7isS
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Worth reposting.

Judge Masipa is already in court.

Does anyone know where the new thread is?

Found this gem from Puppet Nation.

The newscaster asks OP how he feels Nel is treating him in court, and OP mutters "As I said, I - I didn't know Gerrie Nel was in court Milady... it was... it was dark...

Hilarious, and even the sick bucket makes an appearance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yGbXY8eEPc

Wow, how ironic, this video was made uploaded on April 18, 2014. Listen from 1 min 27 sec to 1 min 35 sec and see how it relates to 9/11

Welcome zwiebel

Do you think there will be a new thread for the verdict or will we just continue in this one as it was only started recently.

I'm psychic today. Answered your question before you asked, Lol! New thread already has nice cookies waiting, from our mod. :)

Ulrich Roux said that premeditated is 25 minimum, minimum for murder is 15 years but it can go up to 25 and CH would probably be 6 to 12 years but there is no minimum. He repeated that SA Courts do not take disability into account. It was last before the Courts in 2005 and was unsuccessful.

They've shown the amount of press out in the street where the court is. It's huge and it's now only 7.30. There are some press outside Uncle Arnold's but it's expected to grow. Apparently yesterday many vehicles entered Arnold's grounds. Journos think there must have been some kind of family meeting taking place. OP is expected to leave home at 8.00.

Agreed, otherwise prisons will never be anything more than factories for creating ever more hardened and brutal criminals. In any event it appears the mods have now removed the offending comment along with other comments that supported the idea.

Just like people may have self-censored or been WS censored by posting libellous quotes from various unsavoury sources about the victim Steenkamp. Where's the sympathy for the dead victim?

Yes, let's all carry on with the civility we need...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734
Back