Things LE should have done differently?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
nothing more discouraging than spending 15 minutes on a post and find it won't be posted because you need to sign in when you are already signed in.

That happens to me a lot. But I found out if you just log back in not in corner but down lower it should still post.

I dont understand why the feds needs Suffolk Co permission to investigate this case. There was interstate sex trafficing involved. Thats why Akeem Cruz is in prison. They would probably not be interested anyway.

all i can tell you is that the fbi person on the case
came up and flat out told me that Suff. Co. is not open
to the fbi helping out...or investigating....or being involved in...
this case.

pick any of the above

sc doesnt want the fbi's help.

that is what fbi person told me.

i dont know about permission...i'm not law enforcement.
i'm just a spoke in the wheel who was in court..helping out.

it was all a ....bizarre very very very bizarre circumstance
but it ended really well cuz akeem is behind bars....

the fbi person told me if i did not go to court...akeem would have walked.

(i didnt ask questions... i was really elated that he was put away)
and i was in shock.
cuz i'm NEVER put a man in prison before.

i ..never even imagined i'd do such a thing.
i'm not law enforcement.
it was .....the greatest day of my life

i just want to help girls (and boys) that have been sexually trafficked.

Feds don't need permission to do anything. If they want to do something they do it. They "ask" out of respect.
SG came from NJ and went to NY. She crossed state boundaries. Feds don't need permission.

Mockingbird, what was Akeems reaction to you speaking out against him and sending him away? Thumbs up for what you have done.

Yup, I think the problem is they think the media will be on this guy like White on Rice once he is out of jail. Trust me when I say if they could arrange for the fellow to have an 'accident' while he is in jail they would do it in a heartbeat.

Right now they are probably content with terrorizing him and his family. His brother is supposed to be a petty thief. They will even threaten his mother and grandmother if that is what it takes to keep him quiet.

Trust me this guy gets out and he is going to be re-located where it is difficult for him to be found.

Is LE confident that the co-defendant did not look in the bag?

Mockingbird, what was Akeems reaction to you speaking out against him and sending him away? Thumbs up for what you have done.

the whole time i was at the podium with the dept of justice attorney and the brooklyn da

i was looking and staring right at akeem
and he was glaring at me like he wanted to kill me
and i stared and glared right back at him like i wanted
to kill him right back.

i was struck by how young he was. the guy was only 23
and a real sociopath.

HIS family was in court. and as he was led away
back to the prison... he did the perp shuffle (as he had shackles on his ankles) and handcuffs on his wrists...and his prison jumpsuit on..
he patted his hand over his heart a couple of times and mouthed
i love you
to his mother. in the back of the court room.

i could not see his face when the judge sentenced him to three years.

in court...the perp does not speak. his lawyer speaks for him.

when the judge sentenced him to 3 years....neither akeem nor his
attorney APPEALED the decision. they TOOK the motion.
legally (as hawk knows) he had the legal right to state that he wanted an appeal

but....he didnt do it. he lawyer did not appeal the decision..so
up the river he went.

he's NOT getting out on any good behavior. the judge put it in writing
that he has to serve 2 and three/quarter's years...for his time.
he got ONE quarter off....for a semantary reason.
he did not look at me...when he was led out - he was looking at his mother.

I put him in prison and what was so sad was that
akeem's family was there because (unbeknownst to me) he was supposed to walk. so they were there to take him home. but NO BODY was there for Megan.

Not her sister, not her brother, not any cousin, aunt, uncle, even her mother. NO ONE was there for her.

but...her aunt elizabeth was supposed to be there..as she was the one on top of this case. only - she called me at 10 the night before saying she was too sick to come from maine to brooklyn.

(As a newb who can just barely follow what's going on, it's extra annoying that Newsday is behind a paywall.)

This comment by a WS member on the Kara Nichols thread seems appropriate here... society (which includes LE) should reconsider their views on victims involved in prostitution and drugs... then maybe we wouldn't be discussing "what should have been done".

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8770734&postcount=455"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CO CO - Kara Nichols, 19, Colorado Springs, 9 Oct 2012[/ame]

"This is so sad.

Our society really needs to stop treating victims who had drug problems and/or engaged in prostitution as disposable.

How many times have we seen serial perpetrators prey on drug addicts or prostitutes and get away with it because victims are written off when they disappear or are found dead due to their "lifestyles"?

For example, Brandon Lavergne (abductor & killer of murdered middle class University of Louisiana student Mickey Shunick) had killed a woman (Lisa Pate) with a known drug addiction more than 10 years before killing Mickey. Lisa was written off because of her "lifestyle." No one seemed too worried about catching her killer until he made the mistake of kidnapping & murdering a middle class college student whose well-educated & well-resourced family was able to make a big rukus in the community & media. How many other unknown "Lisas" did Lavergne kill before murdering Mickey & getting caught? (Lavergene is now in jail for both Mickey & Lisa's murders)

In many of the deaths/disappearances of women by serial perpetrators, how many victims would have been saved if previous missing persons/murder cases of women involved in drugs and/or prostitution had received more coverage, interest, and investigation?

Even if people write some victims off because of their "lifestyles" (which is indeed beyond disgusting), you'd think they'd care because they, their daughters, their neighbor, etc. might be the perp's victim later on if he is a serial perpetrator.

Women are not disposable - even those with "high-risk lifestyles."

I believe that some members of LE think its worse to be a prostitute than a killer. Their thinking is upside down. The police hung the phone up on MB mother when she tried to file a missing persons report. LE told the family attorney they dont assign detectives to prostitutes. Someone else said protitutes have to be missing 10 before they would file a missing persons report. In the case of MBB Connecticut police refused to file a report.

Just now finished the 48 Hours episode. There's NO mistake about it... LE failed Shannan Gilbert (and they continue to do so)

Just now finished the 48 Hours episode. There's NO mistake about it... LE failed Shannan Gilbert (and they continue to do so)

The show sucked. Same old footage, same old song and dance. It was a FAIL period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
d2xresearcher
Back