Things that are Plaguing Me

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think I see your point. Consider the R's as innocent for a moment: once the RN was discovered and read, BR wouldve been instantly ruled out as 'playing a prank'. They knew at that moment there was a serious crime. That their daughter had been removed from the house. They knew their 10 year old son was incapable of the RN.

Didn't you?

That makes it more than just a 'family' emergency, as if they were missing a pet or something. Innocent parents would've known it to be a serious crime.

Placing myself in that position, however, calling 911 would've happened first and without hesitation. The reason for this is because the perp could be retarded or insane, and that means every minute a child is with them puts them more at risk.

Many RDI wouldn't have called 911 right away, apparently preferring to gamble with a child's life instead by putting faith into the perps hands, and assuming the RN to be factual.

Thats pretty odd considering how outlandish the RN was!

RDI has multiple and varied claims of the R's 'not reacting the way I would'.

You don't have unlimited funds and connections at your disposal (or maybe you do), but I am going to go with "you don't". John did and John had connections and his daughter's life was threatened so he calls 911 - okay - but how do you justify their calling their friends too.

They were not worried about JB being beheaded. AT ALL.

[/QUOTE BY SUPER DAVE]You don't get what I mean. It was as if he KNEW where to go.

Maybe it was as if he knew where he SHOULD go.

[/QUOTE BY SUPER DAVE]He didn't have as good an opportunity, is what I'm saying. And LE never should have asked in the first place, but since they did, wouldn't it have made sense to, oh, I don't know, TAKE one of them WITH him if he were in fact innocent?

When Arndt asked John and Fleet to look for "anything unusual", she
was the only officer in the Ramsey household.
If she accompanied John and Fleet in their search, she would be leaving
the house wide open to (more?) intruders and not be there to guard
evidence.

If you add two and two, you get four.
And, if you add withholding evidence, and twelve years , you get floored.

Connor

You don't have unlimited funds and connections at your disposal (or maybe you do), but I am going to go with "you don't". John did and John had connections and his daughter's life was threatened so he calls 911 - okay - but how do you justify their calling their friends too.

They were not worried about JB being beheaded. AT ALL.

Its safe to say they read the RN before they called their friends over, and knowing the consequences, called them over anyway. Likewise they called 911, despite the RN's specific warning not to do so. Granted its a troubling point.

I can only think of two reasons, aside from the one you already listed.

One, they had a 'mental breakdown' and were unable to cope with a kidnapping for ransom on their own, and reached out to anybody and everybody.

Two, they didn't buy the foreign faction claim and instead suspected an inside job, and wanted the reassurance of seeing some of the inside people. Interesting should some not be able to come over for some reason. or to come over and act funny, right?

The only thing that's funny (acting) about that is the fact that the Stines..who were the last ppl outside the family to have seen JB alive..were not called.BECAUSE,IMO,they knew a heck of a lot more than they could let on! My guess is they,along with others, were called *before the 911 call was made.It would be far too risky to have them over that morning! I imagine they would have felt pretty see-thruable..which they certainly were,later on.

Maybe it was as if he knew where he SHOULD go.

Same difference.

When Arndt asked John and Fleet to look for "anything unusual", she
was the only officer in the Ramsey household. If she accompanied John and Fleet in their search, she would be leaving the house wide open to (more?) intruders and not be there to guard evidence.

How long would it have taken to call for backup?

If you add two and two, you get four.

You got it.

And, if you add withholding evidence, and twelve years , you get floored.

I'm a bit confused. Who did you mean?

jw - what reasons did patsy give that JB was better off dead?
that she would never have to know cancer,or the death of a child..I can't recall if there was more,but I think this one is posted on youtube.com,and Patsy was obviously medicated to the max.It's not something you can put into words,but IMO,she might as well just have stamped the word 'GUILTY' in big letters,right on her forehead there.

JR singlemindedness about his flight plans:

Plan A: make that flight outta Boulder.
Plan B: make that flight outta Boulder?

Quote by SuperDave ,
"Same difference."

To me, that's debatable. If you knew
you had to be or go somewhere then it's
been ruminated about,etc.
But if you believe where you should go,
then it's just your gut feeling, a presage.

Quote by SuperDave,
"How long would it have taken to call for backup?"

I guess not long, but the point is about the fact that
Arndt wanted John and Fleet to go on their own searching,
and she told them to go do so right away if I elicit.
If she had felt it exigent to wait for backup, then
accompany John and Fleet, wouldn't she have done so?

Quote by SuperDave,
" You got it."

Right.

Quote by SuperDave,
"I'm a bit confused. Who did you mean?"

I didn't mean anyone in particular.
I was just making a acrimonious joke about the
withholding of cogent evidence.

I respect your opinion a lot, SuperDave.
I'm glad that we can disagree with each other
constructively, rather than be disputatious.
That's why I enjoy this board.

- Connor

And once again, Patsy made it all about Patsy. Even the death of her daughter.

I agree.If I remember correctly Jonbenet was buried dressed like in one of those stupid contests.Am I right?
That's SICK.

I M O

:furious:

Quote by SuperDave ,
"Same difference."

To me, that's debatable. If you knew
you had to be or go somewhere then it's
been ruminated about,etc.
But if you believe where you should go,
then it's just your gut feeling, a presage.

I know the difference. I'm saying that's not what happened. Not only did he seem to know where to go, but he saw the body in the darkness when Fleet White could not. As Fleet said, he screamed BEFORE he turned on the light. Not only that, Fleet didn't know where the light switch was, which raises a few interesting questions in and of itself.

Quote by SuperDave,
"How long would it have taken to call for backup?"

I guess not long, but the point is about the fact that
Arndt wanted John and Fleet to go on their own searching,
and she told them to go do so right away if I elicit.
If she had felt it exigent to wait for backup, then
accompany John and Fleet, wouldn't she have done so?

It's easy to say she would have, in hindsight, Connor. But Linda Arndt made so many mistakes in dealing with the crime scene, I say that just because she could have done something, it does not follow that she would.

Quote by SuperDave,
"I'm a bit confused. Who did you mean?"

I didn't mean anyone in particular.
I was just making a acrimonious joke about the
withholding of cogent evidence.

Never mind, then.

I respect your opinion a lot, SuperDave.
I'm glad that we can disagree with each other
constructively, rather than be disputatious.
That's why I enjoy this board.

Well said.

yes,she was buried in a pageant gown,crown/tiara and all.nothing less would do for Patsy.and just like her unique name,nothing ordinary for her would ever be enough for her obsessed mother.

I think it was Camper that started a thread about that.Look a few threads back here.It sure would be interesting,I'm just not sure it is ever going to happen.If LE gets the case again,maybe it will.

I agree.If I remember correctly Jonbenet was buried dressed like in one of those stupid contests.Am I right?
That's SICK.

I M O

:furious:

I have always thought PR's comment to BR at the coffin of his sister was odd.
She said "See, she looks perfect, doesn't she?" This was as they were looking at JBR in her coffin in her frilly pageant dress and tiara. It struck me as odd, because it seemed to me as if it implied that he had seen her looking the way she looked when she was lying under the tree- in full rigor mortis, livor mortis, matted hair, urine stained and with the ligature wrapped around her neck. We know that BR wasn't even in the house to see that, and PR SUPPOSEDLY only saw her after she had been covered with an afghan and sweatshirt. It seems to me her comment is an indication that they BOTH saw her long before JR "found" her.

I think most of us here feel the same way about these things. They are certainly not the actions of parents who just found a ransom note and their daughter is missing.
Also, I always found it so aggravating that no one investigating this thought it odd that the Rs searched the house for their daughter. A child HIDING doesn't write itself a ransom note. And a kidnapper doesn't hide a child in the house.

You just said something I think is full of common sense. Anyone kidnapping a child does just that. Takes the child. If in the process of taking JB she was killed, the kidnapper would leave her behind right where she was, and get out of there immediately, not risk discovery by finding a place to hide the body. And, another thing that always bothered me, what kidnapper waits until he gets to the scene of the crime to write a ransom note?

Hey wasaga - I always thought the ransom note was just ridiculously long and detailed for the kidnapper to have written it right there and then.

But I also wondered if he was a fan of JB's shows and stalked the family - and had that planned out, wrote the note then grabbed JB, but spent some time with her in the basement where things got out of control.

But then I can't explain why JB would not scream upon seeing a stranger. Did they ever find the pen used to write the note?

There is so much that doesn't fit.

Hey wasaga - I always thought the ransom note was just ridiculously long and detailed for the kidnapper to have written it right there and then.

But I also wondered if he was a fan of JB's shows and stalked the family - and had that planned out, wrote the note then grabbed JB, but spent some time with her in the basement where things got out of control.

But then I can't explain why JB would not scream upon seeing a stranger. Did they ever find the pen used to write the note?

There is so much that doesn't fit.

There is a lot you can learn about what doesn't fit, both here and by doing some reading on archive sites we can recommend if you like. It is a fascinating, heartbreaking, and aggravating case.
The paper the ransom note was written on also came from the home, so it was written right at the time of the crime. Still attached to the pad that the note was torn from was the beginning of a "practice" note that Patsy ADMITTED she wrote.
Both the pen belonging to Patsy and the notepad were found replaced in their usual place in the home.

There is a lot you can learn about what doesn't fit, both here and by doing some reading on archive sites we can recommend if you like. It is a fascinating, heartbreaking, and aggravating case.
The paper the ransom note was written on also came from the home, so it was written right at the time of the crime. Still attached to the pad that the note was torn from was the beginning of a "practice" note that Patsy ADMITTED she wrote.
Both the pen belonging to Patsy and the notepad were found replaced in their usual place in the home.

Im sorry, Im kinda new to this case, I know a few details, but I am REALLY curious as to what PR had for an answer to this? WHY did she "practice" the note?? and why admit it?? what did she say? wouldnt you be admitting your guilt right there??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!
Back