This is Ubercreepy. Casey Anthony, "She's close. She's close."

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So many interesting ideas in this thread. Apparently, CA attempt to bury something in the backyard because she did borrow the shovel, and I know she wasn't digging up the stubborn bamboo. :rolleyes: There is no way , however, that 100lb woman dug a hole big enough to bury a child's body under the hot Florida sun in one hour's time. She would've been covered in mud and sweat. Yet, the neighbor said she didn't look dirty when she returned the shovel. Nor did he mention that she looked wet, as she would have been had she jumped in the pool to clean off afterward. No. That doesn't fly.

There are two possible scenarios that I see:
1. She started to dig but then changed her mind when she realized that it was more than she could handle; or
2. She had an accomplice, someone the neighbor didn't see. The scenario works because a strong young man could've accomplished the digging and then jumped in the pool to clean off while Casey returned the shovel. That would explain Cindy's story about the ladder being on the pool.

As for the indent by the pool, I'm going to read over that part again because it's not clear to me. But, it seems that she would've left the body hidden in the trunk until the hole was ready. Unless the hole wasn't deep enough so she (they) laid the body down and continued digging.

On the other hand, why bury the child in the backyard, anyway? In her twisted mind did that seem like the right thing to do? So Caylee would be close to home? So, so sad.

I am with you guys. I am the proud dog mom of a Basset Hound, Maxwell and a Cocker Spaniel, Maggie. Since my kids are grown I treat my dog children really well. NO WAY.

:clap: :clap: :clap: I agree. Are there dogs who do searches of landfills? I know there are special booties for dogs but OMG the toxins and whatnot. :eek:

-snip-
There are two possible scenarios that I see:
1. She started to dig but then changed her mind when she realized that it was more than she could handle; or
2. She had an accomplice, someone the neighbor didn't see. The scenario works because a strong young man could've accomplished the digging and then jumped in the pool to clean off while Casey returned the shovel. That would explain Cindy's story about the ladder being on the pool.

As for the indent by the pool, I'm going to read over that part again because it's not clear to me. But, it seems that she would've left the body hidden in the trunk until the hole was ready. Unless the hole wasn't deep enough so she (they) laid the body down and continued digging.

On the other hand, why bury the child in the backyard, anyway? In her twisted mind did that seem like the right thing to do? So Caylee would be close to home? So, so sad.

I think she buried Caylee first in the backyard, because it was familiar to her. Maybe she thought she could blame the newly upturned earth on digging up bamboo.

I think she probably didn't realize how deep you have to dig to cover a body, even a small one, and what hard work it is. And/or started to realize Caylee's body would be more easily discovered that she first thought (maybe a dog digging at the earth?)

So I think at some point, maybe the day of borrowing the shovel, maybe a little later, moved Caylee to the trunk, where she kept her a few days, before dumping her little body somewhere.

Awful to think about. Just awful.

:clap: :clap: :clap: I agree. Are there dogs who do searches of landfills? I know there are special booties for dogs but OMG the toxins and whatnot. :eek:

They did it with dogs at Ground Zero and found lots of things the volunteers couldn't have found without them. I feel confident she will be found very soon.

I hope that Caylee isn't in the landfill. If it's like my town they don't ever even look there unless there is some confession. Also, I can't imagine having to live a mile or so from a dumpground. Yuck, just the thought of it.

Yeah, I think it's the best place to start. After ten weeks, though, I can't imagine how they'd ever be able to locate the body.
Lori Hacking was 27 years old when she was last seen, on July 18.

The remains were found among trash that included newspapers
dated July 16-19, the weekend Lori Hacking disappeared.
Investigators used cadaver dogs and brought in garden rakes to comb through the trash.

Investigators spent weeks sifting through 4,600 tons of garbage (10 million pounds).
The county landfill is 550 acres large.
They focused on an area the size of a football field.
Investigators had searched through compacted garbage that was 20 feet deep.
The search required cadaver dogs and their handlers to work in shifts.
Officers said they were bothered by the thought that Lori Hacking's final resting place may be a landfill and were willing to pore through the landfill to find her remains.

She was reported missing on July 18 and they found her body
September 30th.

August 4, Casey Anthony told her father, "Dad, she's close. She's close."

Location of the Anthony's Hopespring Drive home in proximity to the City of Orlando Landfill:

Less than one mile, as the crow flies, from the Anthonys' home to the landfill.

From the Orange County Website: The Solid Waste Division is responsible for providing efficient and effective solid waste management services in Orange County. The Orange County Landfill began operations in 1971 and currently accepts over 3,100 tons of waste per day, making it the largest publicly owned and operated landfill in Florida.

So that's one thing she may not have lied about. If, as I think, Casey put Caylee in the Amscot dumpster (or any dumpster), her body may indeed be pretty close to home.

Very sad.

And she has no idea where her daughter is. Also accurate in this scenario. There has been 60ish days of garbage brought in since then. Usually when they have a successful search in a landfill it is much closer in date and they know the exact dumpster. You could assume Amscott on the 27th and maybe Sawhill on the 16th. It is extremely dangerous for humans and dogs, most handlers won't take their dogs to those searches or they control time exposure immensly.

IMO... she didn't bury the little girl and then dig her back up... there would have been a lot of dirt in the trunck of that car. She probably did consider doing this but found it to be too hard of work.

This is my first post, although I admit to lurking this board since the Scott Peterson trial. You guys are a class act.

My gut has something to do with the dent in the pool. I saw it mentioned somewhere. (Although I'm sure the GPs will come up with an unreasonable explanation...)

Could it match an indent by the shovel? Did they test it for DNA, i.e., (hate to say) something being smacked up against the pool. I can see Casey getting pi==ed off that the shovel wasn't working for her and smacking it up against the pool. Or something else. I don't believe this is accidental, i.e., no drowning, which is why she won't lead LE to the body.

Correct me if I'm wrong but does it seem like the "dent" was blown off by LE?

So, you are okay with humans searching the landfill, with all of the toxins and possible dangers...but not the dogs. :waitasec:

So, you are okay with humans searching the landfill, with all of the toxins and possible dangers...but not the dogs. :waitasec:

dogs search for scent. people search by sight, therefore can wear protective gear for breathing as well as puncture-proof boots & gloves.

She has shown not one sign of cracking...:waitasec:

I am very suspicious of that backyard. It seems to be where Caylee really liked to play - her sandbox and her playhouse were there - and it is surely "close".

There has been a whole lot going on in that backyard since Caylee was last seen. They even spent the 4th of July putting down those pavers. Sure sounds suspicious to me, although maybe they just decided to do it on that day.

I read somewhere that if a body is buried and covered with lime, it will speed up decomposition. Lime is used in Florida to enhance the soil. George, being a former
cop, would know all about this, I am sure.

That could be the main reason why Cindy put up no trespassing signs - I bet she would NEVER allow Tim Miller to use his ground penetrating equipment in that yard. I truly think that is where they need to start their search.

I am very suspicious of that backyard. It seems to be where Caylee really liked to play - her sandbox and her playhouse were there - and it is surely "close".

There has been a whole lot going on in that backyard since Caylee was last seen. They even spent the 4th of July putting down those pavers. Sure sounds suspicious to me, although maybe they just decided to do it on that day.

I read somewhere that if a body is buried and covered with lime, it will speed up decomposition. Lime is used in Florida to enhance the soil. George, being a former

That could be the main reason why Cindy put up no trespassing signs - I bet she would NEVER allow Tim Miller to use his ground penetrating equipment in that yard. I truly think that is where they need to start their search.

HI SISTER!

You may be well right. I keep thinking about that backyard too..
Remember that Casey said "She's close"

I am sure that the backyard will be searched. Can't wait to see what happens!

xxxxooo
mama
:blowkiss::blowkiss:

I continue to go back to how somehow Casey is justifying that she doesn't know where Caylee is - I believe somewhere there is some truth to that - in other words - she was left somewhere that would provide the opportunity for her to be moved - ie. dumpster that then goes to a landfill or a large body of water.

I don't know - the whole thing just makes my head spin.

If I recall, the car was definitely (and unexpectedly) out of gasoline when she left it at Amscot - can someone confirm that the documents said that one or more people even had to help her push it there from where it had run out of gas, according to her statement? I know I remember reading that, but now I cannot find where... if I'm mistaken on that, my apologies.

I wonder if either of those who helped her smelled anything at the time? If it was starting to smell, and/or she knew it was bound to be towed (I wonder why she didn't call her dad like she said she had), then that would necessitate her getting rid of the body (*if there was one*) at the most convenient place - the dumpster - and may not have actually been planned. BUT when could she have done that? Not when the people were there helping push the car; not in broad daylight; and TonE picked her up not long after. And it had to be before the towing on 6/30.

I totally agree 100% that whatever happened, happened in that backyard and perhaps the most truthful statement she made to her father was she's close. Maybe giving her family a clue in as to where to find her before LE does. I can't believe that after cadaver dogs hit back there that they haven't drained that pool and dug up that backyard. Too many things point back there. Pouring concrete, suspicious break into shed, pool ladder, shovel, dent in pool, cadaver scent. She is "close" to home alright. Remember, they speak in CODE.

I would never let my dog go near a dump.

JMHO LE should make Casey go out there & start digging thru the dump. See if it jars her memory any!!!!!! She'd fit right in at the City Dump! JMO

LE should drop her off there for about 8 hours in the Florida heat and maybe she'll fess up.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fake_facer_addict
Back