This may make some smile but it hurts me just to think about it.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My grandmother had 21 children. 12 boys and 9 girls. She would have had more but the last was by c-section and the doctor recommended that she not try again. This was back in the 50's-70's and they had a lot of children to work the farm land.

I have one child - I was in labor 36 hours with nothing for pain until to 34th hour. I'll never ever do it again not for love nor money and I'm talking millions and millions - it ain't for me.

I'm with you Tricia! I have a 13 yr. old daughter who runs me ragged. Between policing her boyfriends, time on internet, worrying about pedophiles & such - I would NEVER do this again. How in the world can anyone even afford to do this in this day and age?

omg. . :shocked2: id cut my own ovaries out .. eek

I cant.. I cant imagin.. I have three and that is some serious work. I thought my mom was nuts for having five. And as the oldest, I helped ALOT. Good thling too, prepared me for mine. Was an old pro before I even had my first. I love kids. Love them!! I think it's great that some woman had so many but it makes me wonder, how hard is it to remember everything about all those kids? What was my first word? What was my favorite toy? What silly thing did I do that made you laugh? How can you remember all those details about all those kids? Just the other day one of my kids asked me about something she remembered doing as a little one.. and for the life of me I couldnt. She was hurt that I didnt remember. That was with three kids. How do they do it? They are amazing women!

If you DID remember, you'd ALWAYS have a "share" when someone told a story that made you think of your own kids. ALWAYS. Enough no one would want to talk to you anymore! (You, meaning, someone with 18 kids. not You, personally.)

What???? This isn't about those darn Duggars? I'm shocked! lol - Jim Bob - cracks me up everytime.

What???? This isn't about those darn Duggars? I'm shocked! lol - Jim Bob - cracks me up everytime.

I thought it was the Duggars too! They actually are expecting baby # 18 but I looked it up and its not due until January. I wonder if there are any 'J' names left for this one? I feel kind of bad for the one they named Jinger with a J.

I can't even imagine being organized enough to keep any of the childhood memory type stuff straight with that many kids. I am the 9th of 10 kids and my parents don't even know when I was born (besides the date of course), let alone what my first words were or anything like that.

I'm with you Tricia! I have a 13 yr. old daughter who runs me ragged. Between policing her boyfriends, time on internet, worrying about pedophiles & such - I would NEVER do this again. How in the world can anyone even afford to do this in this day and age?

I have 4 children. I absolutely hated being pregnant. Every time I was pregnant I would swear I would never do it again. Then as soon as I would birth the baby, I would say well, that wasn't too bad, lets have another baby. My body could not have carried another baby( I had to have 3 surgeries in 18 months just to fix the damage caused by number 4) so I am amazed that women can carry that many. My son who is number one, used to say all the time, why didn't you stop with me? I finally told him that had we waited a little longer (until teen years) we would have! As for as affording that many children, My husband used to say, We can't afford 4 children. Finally, I said one day, Your right we can't afford 4 kids, which two do you want to get rid of? I told him my vote was the two teenagers. LOL Seriously, in this day and age, I don't know how anyone can afford that many children.

I remember stories from my grandparents about large families "back in the day". And my m-i-l's mom was one of 13. The older children pitched in to raise the younger ones and helped work the farm, and it certainly taught them responsibility. I'm not so certain we're better off today with how easy our kids have it.

I thought it was the Duggars too! They actually are expecting baby # 18 but I looked it up and its not due until January. I wonder if there are any 'J' names left for this one? I feel kind of bad for the one they named Jinger with a J.

I can't even imagine being organized enough to keep any of the childhood memory type stuff straight with that many kids. I am the 9th of 10 kids and my parents don't even know when I was born (besides the date of course), let alone what my first words were or anything like that.

I can sympathize and I only have three. A couple days ago my daughter's M-I-L asked about my kids teething, I replied #1 got teeth early, #2 got them late...I know #3 got them because at some point she had braces on them.

I'm pretty sure I logged this in her "baby book" - but looking it up would mean having to find the dang book! :crazy:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back