Time Line

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Again IMO false and misleading when it is stated as clear as day in the entire taped confession both before and after that Jessie was offered nor promised anything for his fourth confession.. To which he clearly states the answer of no!! With both of his counsel present..

And that just shows you how unreliable the contents of that tape are, and how unreliable Jessie's word can be. The prosecutors told the parents that they were looking to make a deal with Jessie, and they were probably going to have to offer a reduced sentence in return. Unfortunately for all the non-supporters who want to rely on the contents of that confession tape, Fogleman and Davis were filmed by a HBO documentary crew saying it.

So it may be some people's opinion that they believe somehow now Judge Burnette is responsible or at fault for why Jessie Misskelley gave a now FOURTH CONFESSION..

I think you've misunderstood my post. I'm not blaming Burnett for any of Jessie's confessions - quite the opposite, I'm crediting Burnett with stopping them. There's plenty of decisions Burnett made which I disagree with, but he was right not to guarantee a deal in return for Jessie's testimony. You cannot possibly give a witness such an obvious motive to lie for the prosecution in a trial where the death penalty is at stake.

And don't bother counting Jessie's confessions at me. It doesn't matter how many times Jessie repeats a pack of lies, it isn't going to magically come true through repetition. How many times did Henry Lee Lucas confess?

So, what exactly was his reason for confessing to his attorney?? Kept totally private and solely by his own attorney Stidham until 2008 when for the very first time 14 years later the tape was played with Stidham stating he was stunned..

Witnesses present outside of the room where and when this confession occurred gave statement of what Stidham stated when coming out of the privately taped confession of Misskelley of which only he and his client were the only people present.. AGAIN THIS TAPE WAS HELD AND KEPT PRIVATE FOR FOURTEEN YEARS SO THERE IS NO EXCUSE HERE THAT FITS..NEITHER THE BADGERED INTO CONFESSING{really by his own atty whom he was soley confessing to}..NOR DOES THE EXCUSE OF NO BADGERING WAS NEEDED BECAUSE THE CONFESSIONS WERE GIVEN TO GAIN SOMETHING FROM JUDGE BURNETT..

There was nothing to be gained nor even attempted to have been gained from this confession that was held in private by his atty for 14 years..

It is understood that not only can it be read in the 70 page full and entire transcript of this PRIVATE CONFESSION that Jessie made to his atty Dan that Jessie with great detail makes a statement about his having been so angry and upset immediately after the murder, especially in seeing Jason cutoff Byers penis..that Jessie while passing under a very specific underpass of a specific and stated ramp..even as into the great detail of the exact side and wall that he busted his bottle of Evan Williams whiskey on his way back home.. Not only can ONE read those very details that Jessie stated<and hardly can one claim coercion or trickery by one's own defense atty>

But his atty immediately recognizes that this indeed can be a very key piece of evidence corroborating a detail of many that Jessie's easily rattling off.. He recognizes it and after the confession..visibly shaken up over what he had just been confessed by his client..he tells the investigators the exact location of the specific underpass, which side and what exact wall that his client that in anger immediately following the murders his client claims to have busted his bottle of Evan Williams whiskey.. And for them to see if they can find it to further corroborate what his client had just confessed..

After 10pm that very night they located that busted whiskey bottle and in the exact spot that his client claimed that he had busted it..Furthermore they went to the liquor store and after having pieced together the busted bottle it absolutely matched none other than the bottle of Evan Williams whiskey that Jessie stated that it was..

There is but only one other statement in this entire 70 page private confession to his atty that I want to point out..

THAT LET ME REITERATE...

WAS NOT BADGERED, FORCED, COERCED, OR ANY OTHER CLAIM!! THIS WAS A CONFESSION STRICTLY BETWEEN CLIENT AND HIS ATTORNEY!! IT WAS KEPT PRIVATE AND NEVER HAVING BEEN PLAYED FOR 14 YEARS!!! IT WAS NOT USED, NOR ATTEMPTED TO HAVE BEEN USED FOR JESSIE OR FOR JESSIE'S ATTY IN HIS BEHALF TO GAIN ANYTHING WHATSOEVER FOR JESSIE MISSKELLEY!! IT WAS A CONFESSION GIVEN BY A CLIENT TO HIS ATTORNEY WHO WAS VISIBLY SHAKEN FROM THE CONFESSION AS WELL AS TESTIFIED ON THE STAND 14 YEARS LATER HE WAS IN SHOCK AFTER JESSIE HAVING CONFESSED TO HIM!!!

So with that factual information being made clear..any and all who do not know for themselves and are wanting to know for themselves..please do not let others opinions and/or skewed version of their opinion of "facts" are..NONE OF OURS!! NOT MINE NOT ANYONE"S!! TAKE A LOOK AT IT ALL FROM TOP TO BOTTOM>>ALL OF IT AND NOT OTHER"S VERSIONS OF IT>>

The only statement that I will make and it is in general about my personal opinions and in my personal opinions it is not nor never has been my desire to change anyone's mind or opinion.. It is my opinion ONLY..

BUT ALONG with the corroborated, with the assistance of his very own attorney, the information that was fully proved about Jessie's detailed account of exactly where, how, and what he busted his Evan Williams whiskey bottle on in anger immediately following the murders.. Along with that being corroborated there was one other tiny set of words..uttered in one small, totally unprovoked, nor even in response to an inquiry or question from his attorney..but rather literally tumbling from Jessie's lips with zero provocation and certainly no gain in any way imaginable would this tiny statement have ever even possibly been anything that would aid his benefit, nor further damn his codefendants, nor take or place blame anywhere..not on himself{which he does in different statements in that confession..but this not one of them}..not on anyone or anything..

THIS ONE STATEMENT THAT STANDS OUT AS IF IT WERE IN THE BRIGHTEST FLASHING NEON COULD NOT, WOULD NOT, AND DID NOT BENEFIT ANYONE IN EVEN THE TINIEST OF MODICUM AMOUNTS.. and that is that near the very end when they are wrapping up the confession[again just between Jessie and his atty and was never used in court nor attempted to gain any favors or leniency..wasn't even played in a court of law til 14 yrs later].. Jessie from no where makes the following statement 100% unprovoked Nor IN ANSWER to any question..out of the clear blue he says..

Misskelley:"when they threw them in the water he was still moving.. the one that was cut.. his penis was completely cut off.. he was moving because I saw him."
Stidham says: "You sure?"
Misskelley: "I'm positive."

It is as bone chilling and as real as it gets.. It is a detail that without a single doubt in my mind Jessie Misskelley will never be able to erase from his mind.. Not all the years in time, nor all the bottles of Evan Williams will make that vivd picture that he has in his mind that he openly and without inquiry freely speaks and in that moment he very much needed his atty Stidham to know that detail that forever is etched in his mind.. it's one that if i knew for certain were an absolute accurate and absolutely 100% true, factual statement made by any of these three murderers..it is without a doubt this specific detail.. I'd bank on it.

Smooth Operator - if you're ever unfortunate enough to be convicted of a crime, and simultaneously fortunate enough to have testimony to offer against someone else which may give you some leverage to get your sentence cut, you might be surprised to find that your own lawyer will insist on running through that testimony with you first.

This is because lawyers can get into serious trouble - even be barred from practicing their profession - if they are caught suborning perjury. That is the reason the so called Bible confession exists, and its also the reason why you will hear, at the end of the taped interview with prosecutors, that Stidham and Crow make sure to put on record that in their opinion Jessie had just perjured himself.

It is as bone chilling and as real as it gets.. It is a detail that without a single doubt in my mind Jessie Misskelley will never be able to erase from his mind.. Not all the years in time, nor all the bottles of Evan Williams will make that vivd picture that he has in his mind that he openly and without inquiry freely speaks and in that moment he very much needed his atty Stidham to know that detail that forever is etched in his mind.. it's one that if i knew for certain were an absolute accurate and absolutely 100% true, factual statement made by any of these three murderers..it is without a doubt this specific detail.. I'd bank on it

Btw, this specific detail is easily falsified. Christopher Byers' penis was not cut off, and he cannot possibly have been still moving when put into the water, because the forensic pathology evidence shows that the boys were already either dead or unconscious before they were tied up.

Smooth Operator - if you're ever unfortunate enough to be convicted of a crime, and simultaneously fortunate enough to have testimony to offer against someone else which may give you some leverage to get your sentence cut, you might be surprised to find that your own lawyer will insist on running through that testimony with you first.

This is because lawyers can get into serious trouble - even be barred from practicing their profession - if they are caught suborning perjury. That is the reason the so called Bible confession exists, and its also the reason why you will hear, at the end of the taped interview with prosecutors, that Stidham and Crow make sure to put on record that in their opinion Jessie had just perjured himself.

This is also part of the reason that I think Jessie didn't want to go to the party with everyone else and just wanted to go home. I have often wondered over the years, if they were ever released, what he would ever say to Damien and Jason and if he would be persecuted even by supporters for his role in getting Damien and Jason convicted and if people would treat him badly and if he would feel guilty. If I were him, on top of his metal issues, I would feel badly that I had falsely confessed and I probably wouldn't even want to be asked about it.

That said, do we have a thread here about the candle wax? I apologize for being off topic for this thread but I haven't found one and all I can find on Callahan is mention of wax on the evidence lists and some testimony that wax was on a shirt. I am trying to find out if there was any testing that ever matched the candle wax from the book to the candle wax on the shirt. I have been digging, but was having internet issues yesterday after the earthquake and we now have a hurricane headed this way. If we have a thread about this, it might be helpful if I could be pointed there to see what we have there. I don't want to go to the other boards (supporter or non supporter, because I am trying to keep the info I read as unbiased as possible.) I actually have a lot of questions about this wax.

There was a small spot of candle wax on Stevie Branch's white polka dot shirt. There was also a spot of wax on a second hand book Damien had bought from the local library.

I am trying to find out if there was any testing that ever matched the candle wax from the book to the candle wax on the shirt.

Not according to Lisa Sakevicius...

Scott Davidson: Your Honor, we'd also request a copy of the report of Lisa Sakevicius -- if there is one -- regarding any candle wax.

Fogleman: I don't know if there is one. She said that what she puts in her report is when there are matches. She claimed that didn't match anything.

[Bench conference, Echols/Baldwin trial]

http://www.jivepuppi.com/wax.html

I do agree that Jessie's confessions are bone chilling.Yet they always change.
Many times I thought maybe Jessie did see something,maybe he was out there drinking and witnessed something.
But Jessie was not in the area.His whereabouts are accounted for until midnight.
Did he then decide to walk across town with Damien,someone he never even hung out with?
I don't understand the timeline the non's have in mind.
I think Vicki Hutcheson started feeding all kinds of stories to Jessie early on.I think he was scared and terrified by what happened.I think it was a mixture of all the things he heard from Vicki and then was told by the police if he doesn't get the story right he would end up on the electric chair.

Since they took an Alford plea, and if Jessie is so adamant that these things actually DID happen, is he free to write a book about it now without any criminal retribution?
Just wondering....

He could do so without any criminal retribution, but it wouldn't do him any good. The Son of Sam laws would prevent him from making any profit from it.

He could do so without any criminal retribution, but it wouldn't do him any good. The Son of Sam laws would prevent him from making any profit from it.

Thanks. I was just thinking if he REALLY felt that bad and he gave confession after confession, that guilt would rear its head more now than before. IMO.
I think he is one to watch closely....

One thing we can all agree on whether you are a supporter or a non-supporter.

The verdict in each jury trial was GUILTY

The defendants also plead GUILTY during the last hearing

That should be all that matters is that the WM3 are GUILTY and CONVICTED CHILD MURDERERS.

That record will not go away. I'm sure they will have to hide out the rest of their lives like Casey Anthony.

Maybe you missed reading Jessie Misskelley's confession to his attorney. Did his attorney coerce this confession also?

http://wm3truth.com/jessie-misskelleys-confession-to-dan-stidham-february-8-1994/

It is also on callahan's but this site posted it in its entirety.

Actually, yes. Stidham is clearly leading Jessie in that testimony, no doubt without realizing it.

Over and over, Stidham asks Jessie things like, "How did you know the Moore boy was knocked out? Did he fall down and just lay there?" And Jessie responds like a drone, "Yes, he fell down and just lay there."

Later: "How did you get water on the bank?" (Incredibly, Jesse has just testified that they carefully washed away all the blood evidence on the leaves on the banks of the creek.) "Did you splash the water with your hands?" Jessie replies, "Yes, we splashed the water with our hands."

(The above may be paraphrased slightly. See transcript for exact wording.)

Thanks for reminding me just how green Stidham was.

One thing we can all agree on whether you are a supporter or a non-supporter.

The verdict in each jury trial was GUILTY

The defendants also plead GUILTY during the last hearing

That should be all that matters is that the WM3 are GUILTY and CONVICTED CHILD MURDERERS.

That record will not go away. I'm sure they will have to hide out the rest of their lives like Casey Anthony.

Actually, the jury verdicts were vacated by a judge. So in fact they have "gone away".

As you well know, the defendants plead guilty while affirming their innocence. And were allowed to go free. That too is in the record.

Actually, the jury verdicts were vacated by a judge. So in fact they have "gone away".

As you well know, the defendants plead guilty while affirming their innocence. And were allowed to go free. That too is in the record.

Plus you are forgetting that they served over 18 years and are subject to recall for an additional 21 years if they don't follow parole guidelines.

Either way, the jury verdicts were in guilty both times and they plead guilty. They are convicted child murderers and that's what the record reflects.

Plus you are forgetting that they served over 18 years and are subject to recall for an additional 21 years if they don't follow parole guidelines.

Either way, the jury verdicts were in guilty both times and they plead guilty. They are convicted child murderers and that's what the record reflects.

snipped
It was a bizarre scene played out in a Jonesboro, Arkansas courtroom on Friday, August 19, 2011.

It doesn’t seem to pass the common sense test: plead guilty and go free. But, for Jason Baldwin, Damien Echols and Jessie Misskelley, that is exactly what happened.

snipped
The unique plea deal also guarantees they cannot sue the state for the time they spent in prison.

http://www.abc24.com/news/local/sto...est-Memphis-Three/bE7HelVRMEKWVoei4kI7xw.cspx

The portion that was bolded above to indicate emphasis on the specific statement that It was only after the prosecutors badgered him for several more days unethically and against the instructions of Stidham that Misskelley gave his fourth confession.. That statement is false and IMO the exact reason why people unfamiliar with the case that read false and untrue statements such as this don't have a clue that it's false and go away with false info that misleads people to believe it as fact...

The entirety of this fourth confession is available all over the net..listen to it..read the full transcript.. Not only is it false that badgering was done of Jessie for "days" leading up to the fourth confession.. It is clearly stated and agreed to by all parties present that Jessie had been in no way interrogated, questioned, badgered and that his counsel was even asked prior to their providing Jessie with diet coke to drink..with his counsel's approval of course that's fine..

There was no badgering done.. There wasn't so much as even light questioning done of this defendant in the hours and days leading up to his again self proposed, against all advice fourth confession that he states is something that he has got to do regardless of his attorneys advice for him not to do so..

Is it possible that some see Misskelly's questioning as badgering because he was asked many of the same questions again and again?

IMo Misskelly wasn't badgered. What I read was more like them leading JM with questions. They introduced statements with a few words and put words in JM's mouth. For example

http://www.dpdlaw.com/JessieFirstStatement.htm
RIDGE: On his bottom? Was he faced down and he was cutting on him, or

JESSIE: He was

GITCHELL: Now you're talking about bottom, do you mean right here?

JESSIE: Yes

GITCHELL: In his groin area?

GITCHELL: Okay

moo

It holds no water to say Jessie confessed to get the reward for his dad a car.. Maybe it'd be even a tad believable that a father would allow his son to confess to even being within miles much less right up in the middle of the entire murders... even tho ludicrous to believe even then..but to continue that argument for the 3 other confessions??

What was he still holding out for that new truck for daddy as late as Feb.1994 when he confesses to his involvement of pulverizing little Michael Moore even as an almost way of protecting him from being castrated like he watched Jason do to Christopher??.. How he explains that Jason came over to get on'm..speaking of Jason wanting to get on Michael who he'd been pulverizing but he told Jason..No way your gonna do this un' like I just seen You do to that un'..speaking of his castrating Chris..therefor Jessie goes back to pulverizing Michael so that Jason can't get to'm..

He says over and over in that confession that his attorneys did not want him to give "that he had to do something"..as in come clean that he couldn't take it no more and he didn't care what his attorneys were saying he wanted to get it out..

Also what is clearly indicated in this self induced confession is that he has not been in any way whatsoever interrogated, nor even so much as questioned whatsoever at any time in the hours or even days having led up to this fourth confession.. So all the bs about being tricked, manipulated, terrorized, and threatened with everything known to man to get a "false confession" out of Jessie again fails to hold even a droplet of water...

So which is it??? Was Jessie terrorized, forced, coerced, manipulated, tricked, and ultimately feared into that first confession???

...OR...

Was he and daddy in on it together or Jessie solely doing it for daddy and had purely self serving motives of getting in there and giving LE a "false confession" for $35,000 to get daddy a big ol' brand new truck??

Because obviously the two do not coincide in the least.. Neither are the case and not a soul here or on any other board has a legitimate or even believable excuse for why Jessie Misskelley four times over confessed.. and certainly nothing but confusion as to what the excuse is for that first "false confession".. It doesn't work both ways they are polar opposite of one another and are in no way similar but yet both are thrown up against the wall time and time again to see which one will stick...

Please explain how a statement can be made about knowing what's read on all boards? I say that can't be done, simply because there were likely hundreds of boards about the WM3 started since and after 1993.

Admittedly it was hard for me to come off the non fence for one reason. Why did Misskelly confess 4 times?

JM was scared and separated from his buddies. He was tired, maybe scared and, he didn't want to disappoint LE so he answered the way he was lead by Dect. Ridge. moo

Next confession June 3 included JM telling Gitchell that 2 of the little boys were raped--------except they weren't raped.

http://freewestmemphis3.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=66&Itemid=80

RIDGE: On his bottom? Was he faced down and he was cutting on him, or

JESSIE: He was

GITCHELL: Now you're talking about bottom, do you mean right here?

GITCHELL: In his groin area?

GITCHELL: Okay

I think it's also telling in the Stidham interview of JM how many times JM "recalls" a detail but then says he doesn't know when Stidham asks him the simplest question, such as "which boy did Damien do that to?".

Surely if Terry was looking for the boys then should have encountered either Jessie on his way home or all three of them in the act of the crime.Terry placed himself in the woods so many times but did not see Damien, Jessie & Jason...or the Bojangles bum either..oh and he did not hear the splashes or gunfire either..he must have been listening to his Ipod and wearing dark shades not to have seen or heard anything..

Surely if Terry was looking for the boys then should have encountered either Jessie on his way home or all three of them in the act of the crime.Terry placed himself in the woods so many times but did not see Damien, Jessie & Jason...or the Bojangles bum either..oh and he did not hear the splashes or gunfire either..he must have been listening to his Ipod and wearing dark shades not to have seen or heard anything..

This is a very good point!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Watercolor611
Back